search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > OZScrapers > Local Projects & Discussions > Western Australia

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 13th, 2017, 11:39 AM   #20901
eugenius

Location: Melbourne / Perth / Mackay / Coventry / Sheffield / Brussels / Birkenhead
Likes (Received): 644

Take it to the Regional devt thread!

objectivist liked this post
eugenius no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 13th, 2017, 12:54 PM   #20902
dallas

Likes (Received): 534

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighgateJohnny View Post
Is this story 'metropolitan development' or 'transport and metronet'

https://thewest.com.au/business/comm...-ng-b88593909z

Club Capricorn Resort, closed in 2015, will become a 12ha residential housing estate with recreation, tourism, cafe and restaurants under a long-term master plan to transform the northern beaches precinct.
Capricorn Yanchep developer, Jarrod Rendell, principal of Acumen Development Solutions, said the redevelopment of the old Club Capricorn Resort was in addition to a massive amount of public and private spending in the Yanchep area.
“Yanchep has the fastest growing population in Perth and this is resulting in major new infrastructure investment,” he said, adding that a $12 million neighbourhood shopping centre was under construction and a new high school would open early next year.
There were several sporting fields and clubrooms planned and a new railway station has been pencilled in to open in 2021.

“The entry road to the Capricorn Coastal Node will eventually link all the way from the new future Yanchep city centre railway station through the Capricorn neighbourhood village and down to the Coastal Node beachfront park, with public transport and pedestrian-friendly, shady paths.”
Metro area thread.
dallas no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2017, 03:22 AM   #20903
drsmith2

Likes (Received): 1066

Quote:
Originally Posted by B787-938 View Post
Agreed. Cost will be the biggest hurdle but im quietly confident PTA will push for the tunnel option and succeed.

What kind of an engineer would be strongly against a (minor) challenge like this anyway!
Putting the various bits together including detailed design beginning 2020 (Perth Roads Thread) and the lack of budget funding it the 4 years to 2020/21 makes me think that the government doesn't expect construction to begin before 2021 whichever option is chosen.

That's obviously at odds with construction commencing in 2019 and possibly completion in 2022 but perhaps the government doesn't want to admit it yet.

If construction funding is post June 30 2021, it would become a second term project with 2023 or later when it's completed.
drsmith2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2017, 03:24 AM   #20904
vandermast

Likes (Received): 825

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsmith2 View Post
Putting the various bits together including detailed design beginning 2020 (Perth Roads Thread) and the lack of budget funding it the 4 years to 2020/21 makes me think that the government doesn't expect construction to begin before 2021 whichever option is chosen.

That's obviously at odds with construction commencing in 2019 and possibly completion in 2022 but perhaps the government doesn't want to admit it yet.

If construction funding is post June 30 2021, it may then be 2023 or later before it's completed.
They'd want to start construction work prior to the next election, if they want to get re-elected on the basis of delivering on the promised ellenbrook line
vandermast está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2017, 03:32 AM   #20905
drsmith2

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastperthcat View Post
A transfer at Bayswater would solve their costs associated with all the infrastructure changes needed for it to run all the way to the city something that would blow the cost up to a tunnel in any case..Theres the issue for McGowan..now hes stuck!!! This will be delayed in any case
Like the Ellenbrook Line itself, the signalling upgrade (ATC) which the government considers essential on the Midland Line for Ellenbrook spur services only has planning funding to 2018/19 with nothing for construction.
Old September 14th, 2017, 03:39 AM   #20906
drsmith2

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandermast View Post
They'd want to start construction work prior to the next election, if they want to get re-elected on the basis of delivering on the promised ellenbrook line
Politically I would agree but that's sharply at odds with no funding provision for construction in the budget.
Old September 14th, 2017, 04:47 AM   #20907
olio gris

Likes (Received): 1170

Quote:
Politically I would agree but that's sharply at odds with no funding provision for construction in the budget.
Pretty sure that's all in accordance with the timeframes proposed by the govt, ie 'stage 1' Metronet will be done by 2021, being FAL, Yanchep and ThornCock, with 'detailed planning' complete on 'stage 2' Metronet done and ready to proceed in the next term. Sorry Ellenbrook, Yanchep is more important than you.
olio gris no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2017, 04:50 AM   #20908
eastperthcat
East Perth Cat

Likes (Received): 185

FAL Update : Sept

There's been a lot of movement recently as regards the Bayswater end with the fill against the retaining wall almost finished. The screw piles also will have a final finish before the long weekend which are for the the new overhead power masts for the relocated Midland line.AFter this all will be ready for the track movement which has to be managed in stages. The tracks have started to arrive for this..
A crossover will be installed near the car park of Bayswater station and one pretty much the other side of the Tonkin Highway bridge to allow this to happen. The Midland bound line will be moved first in mid November and the City bound line will move in 1 st week of December.
Before this the site offices for the portal will be set up under the Tonkin Highway bridge and the PSP path that will go next to Guildford Road will start construction in next week or so. The cranes for D Wall construction are about to arrive here to start the guide walls first of all next month so there will be a lot of action here next to Guildford Road now for the next 12 months as they build the portal which is quite long and gradual at a 3 % gradient. Towards the end of portal construction they will build the new crossover for the City and Midland bound lines that will join up to the Airport line somewhere near the car park of Bayswater station but this will be way down the track so to speak towards end of next year!!!
At Forrestfield Sandy is now in the portal finishing the last tests and ready to launch next week on long weekend we think.. The start of launch is slow as they have to sacrifice some concrete liner rings as they build the first part of the tunnel..As a guide Grace will be 100 metres ahead of Sandy as they tunnel together under Abernethy Road in October-November..Operations now are 24/7 every day... On schedule so far!!

insomnia0405, PD, drsmith2, andy61, BartBart and 3 others liked this post
eastperthcat no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2017, 05:01 AM   #20909
PD
perthistan

Likes (Received): 3608

Quote:
Originally Posted by olio gris View Post
Sorry Ellenbrook, Yanchep is more important than you.
That's unfair - they are both equally unimportant.

Quote:
ThornCock
This just got dark very quickly
Old September 14th, 2017, 05:05 AM   #20910
drsmith2

There was a documentary on SBS a few nights ago on a new rail line in London which included a tunnelled segment under the Thames and rehabilitation of a 19th century tunnel under the Docks. The tunnelled segment under the Thames I imagine would be very similar to the FAL tunnelling.

tuckerbox liked this post
Old September 14th, 2017, 05:59 AM   #20911
olio gris

Quote:
Originally Posted by PD View Post
This just got dark very quickly
It's eco-rat's coinage, not mine. I can't take credit.

PD liked this post
Old September 14th, 2017, 07:14 AM   #20912
AndyGM

Likes (Received): 2298

Quote:
Originally Posted by docker View Post
It seems like a Morley Rail Tunnel is less and less likely with Engineers being strongly against it. Something to do with the soil.

Makes me think more that the Ellenbrook trains are going to stop at Bayswater and force a transfer
I've never met an engineer that was against any construction project. Ever.

More likely its a road or surface infrastructure engineering firm that wants business.

olio gris, objectivist, Dilaz89, lukeyp liked this post
AndyGM no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2017, 10:27 AM   #20913
vandermast

Quote:
Unless turnbull can come to the party and swoop in with 80% federal infrastructure funding following a positive business case in 2018/19
Old September 14th, 2017, 10:55 AM   #20914
docker
A 'Refined Bogan'

Likes (Received): 1578

Whilst driving south on tonkin hwy, u can see the smallest amount of sky, underneath the collier road bridge now that it is being excavated out

A video of my month long travel in the GMT Zones +8 and +9: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESV_t0Z12EE
docker no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2017, 10:57 AM   #20915
docker
A 'Refined Bogan'

With the Morley Rail Tunnel, would we here have enough expertise to try and put a business case together to argue in favour of it, and submit it to the Metronet team?

A video of my month long travel in the GMT Zones +8 and +9: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESV_t0Z12EE
Old September 14th, 2017, 11:09 AM   #20916
vandermast

Quote:
Originally Posted by docker View Post
With the Morley Rail Tunnel, would we here have enough expertise to try and put a business case together to argue in favour of it, and submit it to the Metronet team?
Like a Morley underground hackathon ?
Old September 14th, 2017, 11:25 AM   #20917
olio gris

Hahaha.

P sure the PTA has a little bit of expertise.
Old September 14th, 2017, 12:15 PM   #20918
docker
A 'Refined Bogan'

Quote:
Hahaha.

P sure the PTA has a little bit of expertise.

And what if that expertise are being told to ignore the option due to cost and complexity in trying to achieve the promised dates?

Old September 14th, 2017, 12:33 PM   #20919
vandermast

Projects & Discussions | Transport and Infrastructure

1) Teleport to an alternative universe where infrastructure decisions aren't political.

2) Form a secession party and break loose from the federation, then use $$$ to build own train line

3) Join a winning political party and become infrastructure minister ?

4) Move over east and enjoy their underground trains ?

PS In reality though can write a few websites to increase community involvement / visibility of this issue if you want docker

Last edited by vandermast; September 14th, 2017 at 01:03 PM.
Old September 14th, 2017, 01:51 PM   #20920
olio gris

5) Start a Kickstarter to build our own damn train line and charge whatever we want for people to ride on it.

6) Ask Twiggy to forget about this rugby jaunt and pay for this instead.

Tags
adelaide, beipackzettel, busway, highways, light rail, maglev bus to caboolture, mandurahboyz, max, monorail, perth, rio de janeiro, tunnels