daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Forum Pencakar Langit Malaysia > Countdown to 2020

Countdown to 2020 new projects, proposals, under-construction updates and news of developments & construction projects.



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old December 8th, 2017, 08:48 AM   #1741
GBjakarta2027
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 110
Likes (Received): 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by epalmasam View Post
Are you an Indonesian?? For ur information, mulia group just build this tower up but the owner is still trx city sdn bhd, a company wholly owned by the Malaysian Ministry of Finance. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tun_Razak_Exchange
The answer for your question, yep im indonesian. So the Tun Razak Exchange will be the 4th or 5th supertall in kl? A bit disappointed too that mulia chooses to build a supertall there instead of here
GBjakarta2027 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 8th, 2017, 01:05 PM   #1742
triple-j
Registered User
 
triple-j's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: KL, Abu Dhabi
Posts: 903
Likes (Received): 111

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBjakarta2027 View Post
Y'all really loves your city dontcha?
What kind of question is this? Of course we love our city. You love your own city right?
__________________
Understand how powerful it is not to have to be right (John Naisbitt)

amerulfitri liked this post
triple-j no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2017, 01:09 PM   #1743
triple-j
Registered User
 
triple-j's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: KL, Abu Dhabi
Posts: 903
Likes (Received): 111

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBjakarta2027 View Post
The answer for your question, yep im indonesian. So the Tun Razak Exchange will be the 4th or 5th supertall in kl? A bit disappointed too that mulia chooses to build a supertall there instead of here
Better voice out your disappointment to Mulia headquarter in Indonesia...
__________________
Understand how powerful it is not to have to be right (John Naisbitt)

amerulfitri liked this post
triple-j no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2017, 03:24 PM   #1744
Imagon Hahaha
Registered User
 
Imagon Hahaha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: KB-KL
Posts: 239
Likes (Received): 140

@GBjakarta2027 I don't see why you as an Indonesian should be that upset by Mulia Group's undertaking of this project.After all,its nothing but great news for the company and in retrospect added FDI.You should be uber excited (maybe not too excited since we don't know the future but y'know) for what lies ahead now that Indonesian construction companies are taking proactive steps in expanding their footprint outside of Indonesia (Mulia was literally the first time I've ever heard of an indonesian company sealing the deal for a high end project in Malaysa).Maybe they'll be able to attract Indonesian companies' attention the next time they want to build a supertall+.
Imagon Hahaha no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2017, 06:07 PM   #1745
ILM
Lawstudent,cityenthusiast
 
ILM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Posts: 1,488
Likes (Received): 813

Yes. Think of it as seeing an Ayam Penyet shop or that Pop Mie being sold overseas. You'll be proud.

It's just like how Maybank (largest bank in Malaysia) Tower in Singapore was (& still is) one of the main buildings in Singapore CBD, right behind the Merlion. Always seen in postcards, pictures & even in the Singapore passport.
__________________
For a Greater Kuala Lumpur, for a Greater Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur | كوالا لومڤور | 吉隆坡 | கோலாலம்பூ

The Malaysian Skyscraper Forums
Quote:
'Whenever I see Kuala Lumpur's skyline, it feels as if KL Tower & Petronas Towers are the King & Queen of the skyscrapers. The rest, their loyal subjects.'
Quote:
'You can marry 10, 20 times in your life, but you will only be called to the Bar once!'

Imagon Hahaha liked this post
ILM no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2017, 03:46 PM   #1746
nazrey
Registered User
 
nazrey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 91,255
Likes (Received): 11242

Puchong,Selangor by Simon Long, on Flickr
__________________
Malaysia Photo Gallery - Click Here for Malaysia Galleries
City & Town - | Kuala Lumpur | Penang | Malacca | Putrajaya | Cyberjaya | Langkawi
Alor Setar, Ipoh, Johor Bahru, Kangar, Kota Bahru, Kota Kinabalu, Kuantan, Kuala Terengganu, Kuching, Seremban, Shah Alam, etc!
nazrey está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2017, 06:02 AM   #1747
GBjakarta2027
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 110
Likes (Received): 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagon Hahaha View Post
@GBjakarta2027 I don't see why you as an Indonesian should be that upset by Mulia Group's undertaking of this project.After all,its nothing but great news for the company and in retrospect added FDI.You should be uber excited (maybe not too excited since we don't know the future but y'know) for what lies ahead now that Indonesian construction companies are taking proactive steps in expanding their footprint outside of Indonesia (Mulia was literally the first time I've ever heard of an indonesian company sealing the deal for a high end project in Malaysa).Maybe they'll be able to attract Indonesian companies' attention the next time they want to build a supertall+.
Well, its a bit complicated. I think the expansion of mulia in kl is great in one part, but i hope mulia can set their main priority to build supertall here in jkt, since we lack supertall towers.
GBjakarta2027 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2017, 10:41 AM   #1748
Imagon Hahaha
Registered User
 
Imagon Hahaha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: KB-KL
Posts: 239
Likes (Received): 140

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBjakarta2027 View Post
Well, its a bit complicated. I think the expansion of mulia in kl is great in one part, but i hope mulia can set their main priority to build supertall here in jkt, since we lack supertall towers.
Yeah,I can emphatise with your concern...best I can do is pray for the best
Imagon Hahaha no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2017, 05:20 AM   #1749
nazrey
Registered User
 
nazrey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 91,255
Likes (Received): 11242

__________________
Malaysia Photo Gallery - Click Here for Malaysia Galleries
City & Town - | Kuala Lumpur | Penang | Malacca | Putrajaya | Cyberjaya | Langkawi
Alor Setar, Ipoh, Johor Bahru, Kangar, Kota Bahru, Kota Kinabalu, Kuantan, Kuala Terengganu, Kuching, Seremban, Shah Alam, etc!
nazrey está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2017, 03:08 PM   #1750
nazrey
Registered User
 
nazrey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 91,255
Likes (Received): 11242

Mon't Kiara, Pusat Bandar Damansara


https://www.flickr.com/photos/154286...1CKr33-EzUbZN/
__________________
Malaysia Photo Gallery - Click Here for Malaysia Galleries
City & Town - | Kuala Lumpur | Penang | Malacca | Putrajaya | Cyberjaya | Langkawi
Alor Setar, Ipoh, Johor Bahru, Kangar, Kota Bahru, Kota Kinabalu, Kuantan, Kuala Terengganu, Kuching, Seremban, Shah Alam, etc!
nazrey está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2017, 03:09 PM   #1751
nazrey
Registered User
 
nazrey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 91,255
Likes (Received): 11242

What's going on site! Pantai Sentral Park?

Subdued by Haris Abdul Rahman, on Flickr
__________________
Malaysia Photo Gallery - Click Here for Malaysia Galleries
City & Town - | Kuala Lumpur | Penang | Malacca | Putrajaya | Cyberjaya | Langkawi
Alor Setar, Ipoh, Johor Bahru, Kangar, Kota Bahru, Kota Kinabalu, Kuantan, Kuala Terengganu, Kuching, Seremban, Shah Alam, etc!

firoz bharmal liked this post
nazrey está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2017, 04:11 PM   #1752
ILM
Lawstudent,cityenthusiast
 
ILM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Posts: 1,488
Likes (Received): 813

TNB Redevelopment project. PSP isn't that far up here.
__________________
For a Greater Kuala Lumpur, for a Greater Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur | كوالا لومڤور | 吉隆坡 | கோலாலம்பூ

The Malaysian Skyscraper Forums
Quote:
'Whenever I see Kuala Lumpur's skyline, it feels as if KL Tower & Petronas Towers are the King & Queen of the skyscrapers. The rest, their loyal subjects.'
Quote:
'You can marry 10, 20 times in your life, but you will only be called to the Bar once!'
ILM no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2018, 03:10 PM   #1753
nazrey
Registered User
 
nazrey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 91,255
Likes (Received): 11242


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccQX3spV0ek
__________________
Malaysia Photo Gallery - Click Here for Malaysia Galleries
City & Town - | Kuala Lumpur | Penang | Malacca | Putrajaya | Cyberjaya | Langkawi
Alor Setar, Ipoh, Johor Bahru, Kangar, Kota Bahru, Kota Kinabalu, Kuantan, Kuala Terengganu, Kuching, Seremban, Shah Alam, etc!

Munwon liked this post
nazrey está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2018, 09:41 AM   #1754
daeng_jal
Registered User
 
daeng_jal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: KL, Malacca
Posts: 6,684
Likes (Received): 1455

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILM View Post
Yes. Think of it as seeing an Ayam Penyet shop or that Pop Mie being sold overseas. You'll be proud.

It's just like how Maybank (largest bank in Malaysia) Tower in Singapore was (& still is) one of the main buildings in Singapore CBD, right behind the Merlion. Always seen in postcards, pictures & even in the Singapore passport.
always wondered about that.
doesn't seem any other building in singapore has a giant logo on top except for maybe maybank
__________________
I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere.
daeng_jal está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2018, 10:16 AM   #1755
tomaserif
Registered User
 
tomaserif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 79
Likes (Received): 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by daeng_jal View Post
always wondered about that.
doesn't seem any other building in singapore has a giant logo on top except for maybe maybank
Of course there is. Haha.

tomaserif no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:49 PM   #1756
nazrey
Registered User
 
nazrey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 91,255
Likes (Received): 11242


https://www.instagram.com/p/BeFzSo_h...ed=kualalumpur
__________________
Malaysia Photo Gallery - Click Here for Malaysia Galleries
City & Town - | Kuala Lumpur | Penang | Malacca | Putrajaya | Cyberjaya | Langkawi
Alor Setar, Ipoh, Johor Bahru, Kangar, Kota Bahru, Kota Kinabalu, Kuantan, Kuala Terengganu, Kuching, Seremban, Shah Alam, etc!
nazrey está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:49 PM   #1757
ILM
Lawstudent,cityenthusiast
 
ILM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Posts: 1,488
Likes (Received): 813

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBjakarta2027 View Post
Well, its a bit complicated. I think the expansion of mulia in kl is great in one part, but i hope mulia can set their main priority to build supertall here in jkt, since we lack supertall towers.
Well one thing we Malaysians can also relate to your predicament is Genting's investments.

Resorts World Sentosa is miles above Resorts World Genting, even with the current upgrades.

But do we complain? Well sometimes. But mostly, we feel extremely proud. Proud that a Malaysian casino company can compete directly with an American casino (Marina Bay Sands) in Singapore.

For you guys? You can wallow in the negativity like that or think positively. Mulia is constructing a building even taller than Petronas Towers (one of Asia's largest companies). No other Malaysian developers and companies want to do that in KL, but an Indonesian one did.

Be proud.
__________________

triple-j, Arkdriver liked this post
ILM no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:22 AM   #1758
KillHatred
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 73
Likes (Received): 170

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILM View Post
Well one thing we Malaysians can also relate to your predicament is Genting's investments.

Resorts World Sentosa is miles above Resorts World Genting, even with the current upgrades.

But do we complain? Well sometimes. But mostly, we feel extremely proud. Proud that a Malaysian casino company can compete directly with an American casino (Marina Bay Sands) in Singapore.

For you guys? You can wallow in the negativity like that or think positively. Mulia is constructing a building even taller than Petronas Towers (one of Asia's largest companies). No other Malaysian developers and companies want to do that in KL, but an Indonesian one did.

Be proud.
Inaccurate. PNB is building even taller PNB 118, and the proposed Tradewinds Square currently waiting to be awaken, and a bunch more other supertalls in the pipeline
KillHatred no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:19 PM   #1759
byong_sun
....
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,185
Likes (Received): 897

me and my relatives from S'pore was on a Star cruise many years back.we took a journey from S'pore to Redang Island.through the journey my relatives keep on bragging about how rich S'pore is to be able to afford a luxury cruise ship like Star Cruise,until one of the staff clarified that the ship is actually owned by Genting.they were embarrassed,i dont care.thats the different between us and...well every one else i guess.we have what we have.we proud but we dont brag.
byong_sun no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 09:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

tech management by Sysprosium