daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Forum Pencakar Langit Malaysia > Countdown to 2020

Countdown to 2020 new projects, proposals, under-construction updates and news of developments & construction projects.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 12th, 2005, 11:29 AM   #101
TYW
Penang Skyscrapers Hunter

Likes (Received): 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by brain_failure
anybody knows about this project in malacca??? where will it be located?? it is a 34 storey hotel cum resort apartment

http://img278.imageshack.us/img278/7376/hotel19tq.jpg
the shape (without the bottom) kinda looks like the Tokyo City Hall.

i hate the bottom

"the said Municipality of George Town shall on the First Day of January in the Year of our Lord one thousand nine hundred and fifty seven and forever thereafter be a city and shall be called and styled the CITY OF GEORGE TOWN instead of the Municipality of George Town and shall thenceforth have all such rank, liberties, privileges and immunities as are incident to a city." - Queen Elizabeth II
TYW no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 12th, 2005, 11:39 AM   #102
gordonv612

Likes (Received): 12

Quote:
actually i get all the info from newspaper and websites. But i do hope all of the proposed projects will materialise.
There were many interesting projects planned in malacca but did not materialise namely Jaymuda city innitially planned at the now melaka sentral. It has tall glassy buildings, ultra modern bus station and shopping complex.

There was also a tall building planned at semabok but failed.

30+ storeys building projects at Plaza Melaka abandoned.

Melaka Mall consist 20-30 storeys of condominium and shopping complex oso abandoned.

Wat about abandoned hotel project in melaka raya.

A 40 storeys condo project at klebang also abandoned

If all of the above were built as planned, am sure Malacca city will more beautiful skyline.

Ya..Many projects in Malacca Was Abandoned.....I do hope that they will rise again one day.....I loves to see high rise buildings too...

If I am not mistaken, the project somewhere at Sentral Melaka was supposed to be City Square....But ended up Sentral Melaka...

Then At Semabok, The project being proposed are called " Banda Melaka Utama...It consist of one megamall, 26 Storey Hotel, 36 storey office tower, 3 Storey shop office, hyper market and a bus and Taxi station...But it abandoned too....Honestly, I still keep the paper ...

Then , Behind Great Wall ( closed ), the 33 Storey Office tower which are called Menara Plaza MElaka.....IT consists of 2 basement car park and 5 level Retail level and the rest up made up of office tower... also abandoned.....The construction progress I think is around 10 % only...

IN melaka Raya , a 16-18 storey hotel called Hotel Ambassador ( I think ) was also abandoned...NO one take over it.....It is ugly to see it like that....spoil melaka Image only....hahaha

At Ayeh Keroh, I remember a project called Expo Melaka. It consist 3 -4 storey shop office, a shopping mall, a Entertainment complex, a Hypermarket, condominum, a hotel and also a large garden.....The project didn even started...

and many condominium project in Klebang were also abandoned too......

Then in City centre, I think somewhere near Plaza Inn, I heard they said " a large Central Market was supposed to built there...But now the land was ended up as expo Melaka and also as car park ....

Er.....Can't think of others abandoned projects edi...But I am sure they are many more..
gordonv612 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2005, 05:18 PM   #103
brain_failure

Likes (Received): 123

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonv612
Ya..Many projects in Malacca Was Abandoned.....I do hope that they will rise again one day.....I loves to see high rise buildings too...

If I am not mistaken, the project somewhere at Sentral Melaka was supposed to be City Square....But ended up Sentral Melaka...

Then At Semabok, The project being proposed are called " Banda Melaka Utama...It consist of one megamall, 26 Storey Hotel, 36 storey office tower, 3 Storey shop office, hyper market and a bus and Taxi station...But it abandoned too....Honestly, I still keep the paper ...

Then , Behind Great Wall ( closed ), the 33 Storey Office tower which are called Menara Plaza MElaka.....IT consists of 2 basement car park and 5 level Retail level and the rest up made up of office tower... also abandoned.....The construction progress I think is around 10 % only...

IN melaka Raya , a 16-18 storey hotel called Hotel Ambassador ( I think ) was also abandoned...NO one take over it.....It is ugly to see it like that....spoil melaka Image only....hahaha

At Ayeh Keroh, I remember a project called Expo Melaka. It consist 3 -4 storey shop office, a shopping mall, a Entertainment complex, a Hypermarket, condominum, a hotel and also a large garden.....The project didn even started...

and many condominium project in Klebang were also abandoned too......

Then in City centre, I think somewhere near Plaza Inn, I heard they said " a large Central Market was supposed to built there...But now the land was ended up as expo Melaka and also as car park ....

Er.....Can't think of others abandoned projects edi...But I am sure they are many more..

there should have a business tower, mahkota business centre infront of mahkota medical centre right? it should be at least 20 storeys. i don think they r going to build it. wat a pity.

there was also a plan to build a five star hotel at kota laksamana, previously pasar borong. however, d plan had been announce quite sometime. i don think it will be built too.

if am not mistaken, there should also be tall building in Pulau Melaka twin island project. But c wat happen to the project now.
brain_failure no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2005, 06:35 AM   #104
gordonv612

Quote:
there should have a business tower, mahkota business centre infront of mahkota medical centre right? it should be at least 20 storeys. i don think they r going to build it. wat a pity.

there was also a plan to build a five star hotel at kota laksamana, previously pasar borong. however, d plan had been announce quite sometime. i don think it will be built too.

if am not mistaken, there should also be tall building in Pulau Melaka twin island project. But c wat happen to the project now.
Yup...IN front of mahkota medical centre , they supposed to build 2 business tower....MAybe I think they lack of fund.....hehehe....and also the mahkota Sea World which was supposed to build few years ago.....and now the land are going to build a 20 storey Hotel called Holiday Inn....

Pulau melaka project ar....Had been abandoned quite long some times and then resume back......I think the whole island need around 10 years to be fully complete.......

Even Plaza Melaka Raya was not fully completed, they only completed the first Condominum....The Blok B condominium haven started yet...
Old December 15th, 2005, 12:55 PM   #105
samson

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:

Then
after c ur post,i jz remeber all projects was abandoned which u mention.
actually i m very sad to c this happened also.
1 more huge project in melaka island ,actually is planned to be built 8 to 10 high rise there de but it seen like fail also.
samson no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2005, 01:24 PM   #106
D_Y2k.2^

Likes (Received): 310

Melaka was once booming but now it is slow.One main issue is the Melakan Market.Not many people are interested in investing

Some update for everyone,the Holiday Inn is going ahead 100% starting work real soon!
D_Y2k.2^ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2005, 01:39 PM   #107
dengilo

Likes (Received): 2004

melaka

[QUOTE=D_Y2k.2^]Melaka was once booming but now it is slow.One main issue is the Melakan Market.Not many people are interested in investing

its interesting when one of the bigest investors is TESCO ha its really sad to see what happen to the old bus station!! its like ghost town now!!on the same note the mega river project that they claim spending 250 million ringgit is a joke!!
dengilo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2005, 01:47 PM   #108
fairul
VAMOS RAFA

Likes (Received): 240

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Y2k.2^
Melaka was once booming but now it is slow.One main issue is the Melakan Market.Not many people are interested in investing

Some update for everyone,the Holiday Inn is going ahead 100% starting work real soon!

the project infront of Century Mahkota right? how come no new hoarding board? or the project somewhere near there.. ?
fairul no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2005, 02:08 PM   #109
gordonv612

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairul
the project infront of Century Mahkota right? how come no new hoarding board? or the project somewhere near there.. ?

I think the project will be start few more days....
infront of Century Mahkota used to be Go KArt ! and now, they had cleared out and demolished the go Kart ......I think they will put up the rendering few weeks time.....
Old December 15th, 2005, 04:53 PM   #110
TYW

didn't know malacca have so many abandoned projects. sad to heard that. the economic slowdown in the late 90's must have affected them badly. another reason might be becouse malacca's small population. what do you guys think?? is malacca's population able to support so many projects??

"the said Municipality of George Town shall on the First Day of January in the Year of our Lord one thousand nine hundred and fifty seven and forever thereafter be a city and shall be called and styled the CITY OF GEORGE TOWN instead of the Municipality of George Town and shall thenceforth have all such rank, liberties, privileges and immunities as are incident to a city." - Queen Elizabeth II
Old December 16th, 2005, 08:33 AM   #111
D_Y2k.2^

Quote:
Originally Posted by TYW
didn't know malacca have so many abandoned projects. sad to heard that. the economic slowdown in the late 90's must have affected them badly. another reason might be becouse malacca's small population. what do you guys think?? is malacca's population able to support so many projects??
Thats very true.And not only that,most Melakans,especially the younger generation tends to work outstation(e.g KL or Singaporeans) or overseas.Hence,the polpulation growth is really slow,unlike Penang or KL i guess.
Old December 16th, 2005, 08:35 AM   #112
D_Y2k.2^

Quote:
I think the project will be start few more days....
infront of Century Mahkota used to be Go KArt ! and now, they had cleared out and demolished the go Kart ......I think they will put up the rendering few weeks time.....
yeap,ur certainly right can't wait t see that area grow.And there are new shop houses coming up around that area too
Old December 16th, 2005, 08:44 AM   #113
fairul
VAMOS RAFA

Quote:
Thats very true.And not only that,most Melakans,especially the younger generation tends to work outstation(e.g KL or Singaporeans) or overseas.Hence,the polpulation growth is really slow,unlike Penang or KL i guess.
for me..its the other way round..my company send me to Malacca
Old December 16th, 2005, 08:45 AM   #114
fairul
VAMOS RAFA

anyway..there's something going on next to the empty land next to Malacca IPK...can see lories in and out from there every day..
Old December 16th, 2005, 05:13 PM   #115
TYW

Quote:
Penang is also like that actually.... many will go to KL, Singapore or elsewhere for education, work etc. look at the forumers here, how many Penangites are actually in Penang? Pablo and me only

Old December 23rd, 2005, 01:51 PM   #116
brain_failure

The Babanyonya resort project finally resume after almost 10 yrs abandoned. Quite an interesting resort.

[IMG]
Old December 24th, 2005, 09:22 AM   #117
TYW

huge project!! hope to see more renderings

and isn't the pic of Las Vegas?

Old December 25th, 2005, 07:08 PM   #118
gordonv612

wau.......never expect this Babanyonya resort project is able to resume after so many years.....
Hope some other huge projects in malacca able to resume too....
Old January 1st, 2006, 06:26 PM   #119
brain_failure

Wisma Persekutuan

Project Name: Bangunan Gunasama Wisma Persekutuan at MITC, Melaka
Owner: Federal Government
Turnkey Contractor: Konsortium Kumpulan Melaka Berhad dan Perwira Bintang Holdings Sdn. Bhd.
Contract: RM 230 Million
Date Begin: -
Date Finish: -
Work Progress: In Designing Phase

[IMG]
Old January 5th, 2006, 08:27 AM   #120
gordonv612

Natural Heritage Orchard & Country Resort
Located at Kuala Linggi, Melaka, this is the place where you will see the clean and beautiful Linggi river. Natural Heritage Orchard & Country Resort is located at the Melaka's tourism development belt and also within walking distance to Melaka's Barter Trade Port.
Natural Heritage & Country Resort is a comprehensive resort development project featuring orchard lots, resort home, resort hotel and club facilities, medical centre, organic vegetable farm, herbal & eco farm, nursery, learning centre with a national training camp. With its easy access road, you will find yourself just 30 minutes from Port Dickson!

Build your resort bungalow on one acre land with lots of fruit trees, enjoying the creation of mother nature, rekindle fond memories with country side living environment in a comprehensive resort township, and this is Natural Heritage Orchard & Country Resort.

Phase 1 of Nusadusun Orchard lots (part of the Natural Heritage Orchard & Country Resort ) has been fully sold and Phase 2 is now 75 % sold.

We are proud to share with you our newly created MAGPIE scheme. Symbolizing a bird with a caring heart for their young, MAGPIE is an innovative investment-linked plan in association with Manulife Insurance (M) Bhd and it serves as a tool for additional potential returns on top of the property value.

As parents ourselves, we too are trying to provide the best for our children by accumulating wealth and savings, which can be used for their education fund or any unforeseen expenses.

Now, when you buy our orchard lot together with a resort bungalow, you will be rewarded with a MAGPIE investment-linked plan worth RM 500,000.00 *. Isn't this is a good news to share with and the price is only from RM 280,000.00? This is indeed an opportunity to create a fund for your next generation.

Your one investment that comes with two assets, property appreciation and MAGPIE.

Tags
melaka