daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Forum Pencakar Langit Malaysia > Countdown to 2020

Countdown to 2020 new projects, proposals, under-construction updates and news of developments & construction projects.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 6th, 2006, 04:22 PM   #121
TYW
Penang Skyscrapers Hunter

Likes (Received): 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by brain_failure
Wisma Persekutuan

Project Name: Bangunan Gunasama Wisma Persekutuan at MITC, Melaka
Owner: Federal Government
Turnkey Contractor: Konsortium Kumpulan Melaka Berhad dan Perwira Bintang Holdings Sdn. Bhd.
Contract: RM 230 Million
Date Begin: -
Date Finish: -
Work Progress: In Designing Phase

[IMG]
design looks very japanese

"the said Municipality of George Town shall on the First Day of January in the Year of our Lord one thousand nine hundred and fifty seven and forever thereafter be a city and shall be called and styled the CITY OF GEORGE TOWN instead of the Municipality of George Town and shall thenceforth have all such rank, liberties, privileges and immunities as are incident to a city." - Queen Elizabeth II
TYW no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 8th, 2006, 04:45 PM   #122
D_Y2k.2^

Likes (Received): 310

cool updates!Thanks ya!

Btw,the Holiday Inn has it's board up!Will post soon!
D_Y2k.2^ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2006, 08:47 AM   #123
sunny86

Likes (Received): 1

I think malacca government should construct a better traffic system in town area . During the sultan visit malacca , every malaccan surprise that malcca can be such beauty ,however when the sultan left malcca ,malacca became cinderella who turn back to her old faces . Frankly speaking , i found that malaccan civil awareness should be increase It is pointless to construct so much million public facilities to beaty up malacca ,cos within few month all these facilities will be end up destroy/stolen by terrorist .
By the way , i really suggested that NOT TO BUILT SKYLINE BUILDING in old city area such as red house , jonker walk , bunga raya ; as it will spoilt the straits time look in malacca ,gotta remember that history and pre war building is the most value asset malacca having ,they shouldn't be destroy but to keep . It is so up set when hearing the leader say wanna built the communication tower in red house area (
Byy hook or by cook , i think that the goverment can think about to built financial/ commerce centre in klebang area ? as plenty land there and perhaps malacca can have it's manhattam there , haha
sunny86 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2006, 04:45 PM   #124
TYW

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny86
I think malacca government should construct a better traffic system in town area . During the sultan visit malacca , every malaccan surprise that malcca can be such beauty ,however when the sultan left malcca ,malacca became cinderella who turn back to her old faces . Frankly speaking , i found that malaccan civil awareness should be increase It is pointless to construct so much million public facilities to beaty up malacca ,cos within few month all these facilities will be end up destroy/stolen by terrorist .
By the way , i really suggested that NOT TO BUILT SKYLINE BUILDING in old city area such as red house , jonker walk , bunga raya ; as it will spoilt the straits time look in malacca ,gotta remember that history and pre war building is the most value asset malacca having ,they shouldn't be destroy but to keep . It is so up set when hearing the leader say wanna built the communication tower in red house area (
Byy hook or by cook , i think that the goverment can think about to built financial/ commerce centre in klebang area ? as plenty land there and perhaps malacca can have it's manhattam there , haha
i agree with you! i think the tower project is already scrapped right??

Malacca should not make the same mistake as Penang by building modern highrises in the heritage zone. since KOMTAR came up, many others follow. up to now i think Malacca has done well conserving the heritage area, right?

Malacca and Penang will be applying for the UNESCO heritage listing again this year. hopefully we can make it this time

"the said Municipality of George Town shall on the First Day of January in the Year of our Lord one thousand nine hundred and fifty seven and forever thereafter be a city and shall be called and styled the CITY OF GEORGE TOWN instead of the Municipality of George Town and shall thenceforth have all such rank, liberties, privileges and immunities as are incident to a city." - Queen Elizabeth II
Old January 20th, 2006, 04:54 PM   #125
fairul
VAMOS RAFA

Likes (Received): 240

in Malacca..even the protocol road is in bad condition..just look at the road infront of Southern Hospital..potholes everywhere and very bumpy ..
same goes to the road infront of Ayer Keroh medan selera..been patch few times and still..potholes appear....
fairul no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2006, 11:34 AM   #126
Zed

Likes (Received): 0

A bigger airport for Malacca

The Star, Tuesday February 14, 2006
By LEE YUK PENG

MALACCA: Two years from now, large aircraft such as the Airbus 320 and Boeing 737 will be able to land at the Batu Berendam Airport here.

Work on the new airport terminal and extended runway is expected to start next month and is scheduled to complete by early 2008.

Currently, only Fokker planes can land at the airport.

Once the RM120mil project is ready, the airport will become a regional airport and help boost medical tourism in the state, said Transport Minister Datuk Seri Chan Kong Choy.

Chan said the airport would enable foreign patients, especially those from Indonesia, to fly straight to Malacca.

“Indonesians no longer need to fly to Jakarta, Singapore, or Australia. They can fly direct to Malacca where the medical fees are cheaper,” he said.

Chan, who is also MCA deputy president, was speaking to newsmen after paying a courtesy call on Chief Minister Datuk Seri Mohd Ali Rustam at his official residence yesterday. He was accompanied by state MCA leaders.

Last year, 54,000 tourists, 96% of them Indonesians, sought medical treatment at three private hospitals here. They spent an average of RM8,000 each
Zed no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2006, 05:16 AM   #127
brain_failure

Likes (Received): 123

A few more hotels coming soon.
1) Holiday Inn
2) Ambassador Hotel (abandoned project, now resume)
3) Malacca Straits Hotel (formerly malacca straits hospital)
4) Riverside Hotel (formerly plaza inn)

Here's the picture of the ongoing ambassador hotel project
[IMG][/IMG]
brain_failure no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2006, 03:18 AM   #128
gordonv612

Likes (Received): 12

Dataran Pahlawan ( Warrior Square ) Layout...

Very bad design isn't it ?
gordonv612 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2006, 03:20 AM   #129
gordonv612

Quote:
A few more hotels coming soon.
1) Holiday Inn
2) Ambassador Hotel (abandoned project, now resume)
3) Malacca Straits Hotel (formerly malacca straits hospital)
4) Riverside Hotel (formerly plaza inn)

Here's the picture of the ongoing ambassador hotel project
[IMG][/IMG]
Are U sure Ambassador Hotel is resuming ?
I didn't see any Crane or worker working there also.....
Old March 21st, 2006, 10:19 AM   #130
brain_failure

Likes (Received): 123

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonv612
Are U sure Ambassador Hotel is resuming ?
I didn't see any Crane or worker working there also.....
this is wat being reported in the chinese newspaper. hopefully it is true
brain_failure no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2006, 12:33 AM   #131
White_soX

Quote:
Ah, very plain looking, glad another high rise in melaka!
White_soX no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2006, 02:37 PM   #132
TYW

Dataran Pahlawan looks very interesting!

Old April 17th, 2006, 07:30 AM   #133
teckkang
Architect at KL

Likes (Received): 190

Do u have any pic of the proposed new terminal building of Melaka airport??

My Flickr Photo Page
http://www.flickr.com/photos/alvinpoh/
teckkang no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2006, 08:05 AM   #134
teckkang
Architect at KL

Likes (Received): 190

It's about time when Melaka City Council should beautify the melaka city into a greater extent. It's eyesore to see 'kampung' houses in the middle of the city (especially in bukit cina and banda hilir), stink and dirty drains along every street in the city, unused and not maintained empty spaces in the city, abandoned high rise buildings, unoccupied empty shops(Melaka raya) and not maintained pre-historic buildings. The government should
1. Restore and rehabilitate every pre-historic building (regardless of its value and size)
2. Beautify every single little street in the city (e.g. build walkways and cover every visible drain)
3. Demolish all not-under-preservation ‘kampung’ houses in the middle of the city.
4. Stop building shop houses when the demand is very low.
5. Reduce number of side parking lots in old china town (area around Jonker Walk) by replacing them with walkways
6. Convert more old streets to like that of Jonker Walk

The government should make Melaka city a well-planned city. Areas (e.g Mata Kucing) which are the main gateways to Melaka city should be beautified. Remember, to attract tourists to this city, not only promotions and more of tourist spot are needed, but the quality of the city itself is far more important. Leave a good impression to tourists who come here.

Anyway these are just my opinions. (“,)

My Flickr Photo Page
http://www.flickr.com/photos/alvinpoh/
teckkang no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2006, 03:38 PM   #135
D_Y2k.2^

Latest update guys:

Padang Pahlawan is due to open to the public in July and it has been proclaimed as the largest shopping centre in Melaka(surpassing mahkota)

However,i realise that many outlets in Padang Pahlawan contains the same outlets as Mahkota,I'm afraid that those outlets from Mahkota might move over there!!!+_+
Old April 24th, 2006, 03:40 PM   #136
D_Y2k.2^

Updates:
Holiday Inn's Floor plate lvl4 is in progress!

Melaka's 1st Boutique hotel,Melaka Straits Hotel is due to open very soon!
Old May 25th, 2006, 08:07 PM   #137
gordonv612

Anyone knows about this project?
A mini mall in Bukit Beruang....

Old June 2nd, 2006, 05:04 PM   #138
gordonv612

Tesco Malacca is currently under extension....

Old June 3rd, 2006, 09:19 AM   #139
alienwong

who knows the actual square feet of "Warrior Square"?
alienwong no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2006, 09:39 AM   #140
kuchingbite
Malaysian / Singapore-PR

Likes (Received): 71

Can anybody tell me how many square feet does the Tesco have?
kuchingbite no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
melaka