daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Forum Pencakar Langit Malaysia > Countdown to 2020

Countdown to 2020 new projects, proposals, under-construction updates and news of developments & construction projects.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 2nd, 2013, 03:21 PM   #121
sepul

Likes (Received): 1586

7 years till completion???! that's 2020!!
sepul no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 2nd, 2013, 03:55 PM   #122
patchay

Likes (Received): 1521

Quote:
Originally Posted by archilover View Post
i do hope that they can also demolish Australia embassy a plot between ambank and public bank..it was a really strategic site to build another 50-60 storey tower
Wow haha what a daring idea.

PATCHAY | Website | Facebook | Flickr | Twitter | Instagram | Foursquare
patchay no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2013, 04:25 PM   #123
aiman!

Likes (Received): 779

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchay View Post
Today is indeed the last day for the hotel.

RM6bil Tradewinds Centre to replace hotel
The Star Metro Central | Wednesday January 2, 2013
http://thestar.com.my/metro/story.as...42&sec=central

SEVEN years from now,
woah, 7 years !!
aiman! no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2013, 07:28 PM   #124
patchay

Ooops I left out Dayabumi, Cahaya Suria/Sinar Kota and Yayasan Selangor/BB Plaza

Quote:
Redevelopment News to look out for in 2013:

1. Crowne Plaza Mutiara KL and Kompleks Antarabangsa --> Tradewinds Centre

2. The former Hotel Equatorial KL ---> Equatorial Tower

3. Restoran Seri Melayu and Conlay Square ---> Harrods Hotel & Residences

4. The former Angkasa Raya, Jalan Ampang ---> Angkasa Raya

5. Plaza OSK, Jalan Ampang ---> OSK Square

6. The British High Commission of Malaysia, Embassy Row

7. Lai Meng School, Jalan Ampang

8. Zouk Club KL site, Jalan Ampang

9. Ampang Park Shopping Centre, Jalan Ampang

10. Beach Club, Jalan P Ramlee

11. Hotel Istana, Jalan Raja Chulan

12. Wisma Lim Foo Yong, Jalan Raja Chulan

13. Wisma MPL, Jalan Raja Chulan

14. Wisma Char Yong, Jalan Ampang

15. Sunway Putra Mall, PWTC

Old January 3rd, 2013, 05:52 AM   #125
CxIxMaN

Likes (Received): 892

wow what a difference to today

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones

A.Einstein

Public transport is the way to transportation revolution

A MAYOR of Bogota is reported to have said: “A developed country is not a place where the poor have cars. It’s where the rich use public transportation.”
CxIxMaN no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2013, 11:29 AM   #126
patchay

Today I walk by back and front.

Bye bye!!!

Old January 6th, 2013, 11:55 AM   #127
archilover

Likes (Received): 3193

Quote:
Originally Posted by CxIxMaN View Post
why no one crying out loud on this project such as warisan merdeka?isnt this one is also part of ''heritage''?or maybe because this one is not announced in parliament by our pm..lol
archilover no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2013, 11:56 AM   #128
archilover

Quote:

Bye bye!!!
yeah,new year and new progress!cant wait to see this development
Old January 6th, 2013, 01:46 PM   #129
tomkat
Bushido

Likes (Received): 483

Quote:
why no one crying out loud on this project such as warisan merdeka?isnt this one is also part of ''heritage''?or maybe because this one is not announced in parliament by our pm..lol
Haha. Good one. I was just about to reply the same.

Kampung baru has a lot more history than this building. It is definately a lot older than stadium merdeka and hold equivalently significant events in the past. Especially pertaining to anti colonial protest that eventually lead to Malaysia's independence. Perhaps we just should preserve its heritage value and keep any rejuvenation effort out othat place too.
tomkat no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2013, 03:13 PM   #130
weiaze

Likes (Received): 152

Quote:
Newspapers have stories about this hotel and how it was the first KL Hilton and was the place for socializing in the 70's and 80's.

So it has some heritage value but no where near as much as the Merdeka area which has history going back more than 100 years and is full of cultural elements like shops, homes, temples and schools not to mention the ground on which the country's independence was declared.

Last edited by weiaze; January 6th, 2013 at 04:05 PM. Reason: Brevity
weiaze no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2013, 05:07 PM   #131
archilover

Quote:
Originally Posted by weiaze View Post
Newspapers have stories about this hotel and how it was the first KL Hilton and was the place for socializing in the 70's and 80's.

So it has some heritage value but no where near as much as the Merdeka area which has history going back more than 100 years and is full of cultural elements like shops, homes, temples and schools not to mention the ground on which the country's independence was declared.
lol..so only the one with the most heritage value is needed to be preserve and the rest can be demolished?kind of weird..this project which involved the demolishing the whole building is not objected while warisan merdeka project which involved preservation,conservation and upgrading stadium merdeka area have been spoken loudly to be objected!i think it is enough..dont want to spoil one more thread with this kind of argument..

Last edited by archilover; January 6th, 2013 at 05:15 PM.
Old January 6th, 2013, 06:21 PM   #132
guy4versa
BANNED

Likes (Received): 717

Quote:
Originally Posted by weiaze View Post

-hilton not so history for u, already vanish from earth..u just ignore
-stadium merdeka and all the monument around,, still stand and at least will be stand in next 100years.. u already scream like its gonna die tomorrow...lol..
guy4versa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2013, 08:57 PM   #133
ILM
Lawstudent,cityenthusiast

Likes (Received): 813

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomkat View Post

Kampung baru has a lot more history than this building. It is definately a lot older than stadium merdeka and hold equivalently significant events in the past. Especially pertaining to anti colonial protest that eventually lead to Malaysia's independence. Perhaps we just should preserve its heritage value and keep any rejuvenation effort out othat place too.
Quote:
What's the point of the both of you? disproving our stance on Warisan Merdeka? Did we say that we are against WM Tower? I think none of us did, like weaize said, they have to take extreme caution in the area which is historically sensitive.

For heaven's sake, please don't compare the Chinatown, Central Market, VI, started out so much earlier were so significant in the history of KL and Malaysia, and while Merdeka Stadium is a bit recent- 57 years, its history is unparalleled - and an ordinary 40 year-old box age building. Sure it has had many eventful moments, but it doesn't hold national significance and it definitely not a symbol of KL and Malaysia. Plus, there are still a lot box age buildings in KL, can you find another Merdeka Stadium for us? And there not as nice too look at compared to the art deco of CM and neoclassical of VI/Chinatown shophouses.

The Malaysian Skyscraper Forums
Quote:
'Whenever I see Kuala Lumpur's skyline, it feels as if KL Tower & Petronas Towers are the King & Queen of the skyscrapers. The rest, their loyal subjects.'
Quote:
'You can marry 10, 20 times in your life, but you will only be called to the Bar once!'
ILM no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2013, 09:13 PM   #134
guy4versa
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILM View Post
can you find another Merdeka Stadium for us? And there not as nice too look at compared to the art deco of CM and neoclassical of VI/Chinatown shophouses.
and are you sure this building will be completely demolish?u sound so confident..." thats make us ..you and the other are being so paranoid, they already said that they will preserve all monument..for sake, i believe this argument will never finish until the building completed and give back a glory moment to stadium merdeka...and that time we will laugh at u
Old January 6th, 2013, 09:24 PM   #135
szehoong
M O D E R A T O R

Likes (Received): 1830

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomkat View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy4versa View Post
-hilton not so history for u, already vanish from earth..u just ignore
-stadium merdeka and all the monument around,, still stand and at least will be stand in next 100years.. u already scream like its gonna die tomorrow...lol..

Can you 3 leave this thread alone? You want to debate on the Warisan project go back to that thread.

I posted the old Renong proposals and everyone shut up in that thread and it mushroomed here pulak

My dad is one of the pioneer staff in this Hilton and he got married here too. I wouldn't wanna see it go too but this is not some architectural wonder (at least it is not published anywhere) and it is not part of a great history in making. We are sad to see it go but then again it is not old and iconic enough to warrant preservation. Again this is my 2 cents......
Old January 6th, 2013, 10:24 PM   #136
archilover

someone just told me :

Quote:
Originally Posted by szehoong View Post
I am just as excited as anyone about skyscrapers but things have gotta be done properly......READ > PROPERLY! For crying out loud - we are all here because of skyscrapers......
so im trying to crying out loud so that this redevelopment have gotta be done properly..is it wrong?lol
Old January 7th, 2013, 03:40 AM   #137
davidwsk

Likes (Received): 3314

Quote:

Bye bye!!!
Cool.. So the demolishment of the said building comes in next....
davidwsk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2013, 07:27 AM   #138
archilover

so already closed for reservation?kind of fast actually!still cant believe they will finally build it hape to see the masterplan and final rendering with large resolution soon..
Old January 7th, 2013, 08:20 AM   #139
guy4versa
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by szehoong View Post
Can you 3 leave this thread alone? You want to debate on the Warisan project go back to that thread.
i talk about hilton here..not WM...cant u see.?open your eyes...and why quote just 3 of us? why not warn wieze n ilm that drag WM problem here?...SO OBVIOUS..

Last edited by guy4versa; January 7th, 2013 at 08:36 AM.
Old January 7th, 2013, 02:55 PM   #140
ILM
Lawstudent,cityenthusiast

Likes (Received): 813

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy4versa View Post
and are you sure this building will be completely demolish?u sound so confident..." thats make us ..you and the other are being so paranoid, they already said that they will preserve all monument..for sake, i believe this argument will never finish until the building completed and give back a glory moment to stadium merdeka...and that time we will laugh at u
Since when did I say I objected to WM? By all means, weaize, vince and all other people who cry for heritage are for it! If not we won't even be on this forum! Just like how archilover said, he said doesn't want Merdeka Stadium to be demolished, and I think you don't too. We just want heritage to be safeguarded in Chinatown area. Personally I'd prefer WM to be in bbKLCC or TRX, but by all means if they still want it there, I'm ok. Just that KL skyline will be imbalanced.

Anyway, would Crowned Plaza make a comeback for KL in the future? Any plans?

The Malaysian Skyscraper Forums
Quote:
'Whenever I see Kuala Lumpur's skyline, it feels as if KL Tower & Petronas Towers are the King & Queen of the skyscrapers. The rest, their loyal subjects.'
Quote:
'You can marry 10, 20 times in your life, but you will only be called to the Bar once!'
ILM no está en línea   Reply With Quote