daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Forum Pencakar Langit Malaysia > Countdown to 2020

Countdown to 2020 new projects, proposals, under-construction updates and news of developments & construction projects.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 13th, 2014, 01:55 AM   #21
xtremesportx

Likes (Received): 350

Haha

Reminds me of the Mersing mega billion waterfront projects, Danga Bay multibillion waterfront projects, Johor Bahru City Centre transformation project and Lido Beach mega project.

How much has it materialised?

Only Tropez residence under construction. Just 1.

Country Garden still piling and takes forever.

So thats less than 1% of the above mentioned

I got much more hope on Zone B nusajaya, puteri harbour, upcoming E&O and Sunway development.

Thats what Im talking about serious in transformation.
xtremesportx no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 13th, 2014, 05:18 AM   #22
Vince
Vince

Likes (Received): 1170

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourgandy View Post
Singapore's Marina is also seemed to me as plagiarized from Dubai. To me, i will just think of the positive aspect from the project. Lets see...

It's not about matter of land scarcity in Melaka or something that they need to reclaim new land by the sea. I think its all about "attraction from the sea". By that i mean, those cruise ships is one of an ideal way to woo foreign tourists to Melaka.

If you can imagine, Melaka was once a melting pot of asia (the worlds spices gathered in Melaka) and whoever manages to conquer Melaka, is equivalent to own "The throat of Venice" (was why Alfonso de Albuquerque jealous of Melaka and conquer Melaka due to our success in trading). Hence, more ships and boats by the sea where it was much livelier from the past, and now the new project is to bring that ambiance back to the current era.

I forgot their tagline was again in this project, it was something like, The key to the past is the success of the future or something. So that make sense of this project needs to be revitalize.

This might be the next Johor Iskandar Nusajaya.
Yeah, it could be the next Iskandar Johor: a failure in my eyes.
Vince no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2014, 06:30 AM   #23
THT-United
MILLENNIUM FALCON

Likes (Received): 654

Sorry to be skeptical but it feels like anything Mr. Najib launches will mean a slow start to development...

While the whole project is grandiose indeed, I worry that we'll once again see those "usual" shop-houses coming up first... Remember the original master plan for Malacca Island, so many years ago? To date, the whole place is filled with ugly 4-level shops and that prominent mosque whilst those futuristic skyscrapers never got off the planning board!
THT-United no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2014, 06:38 AM   #24
dengilo

Likes (Received): 2004

What else is new ha?Remember TRX?

Vince, Khaw liked this post
dengilo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2014, 09:51 AM   #25
jasontan12

Likes (Received): 21

"land scarcity in Melaka " ? Indeed, total land area of Melaka is bigger than Singapore, check it out in Wikipedia total land areas. And, 40% to 70% is
foreign investments and JV. Do you think the project will be slow when they need to complete before targeted completion date to meet foreign investors return on investments target ? I don know about the other mega billion projects progress, is it foreign invested too or just local constructors ?

Last edited by jasontan12; February 14th, 2014 at 10:00 AM.
jasontan12 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2014, 01:49 AM   #26
Khaw

Likes (Received): 187

Whoever used the term "land scarcity in Melaka" does not know his ass from his head... I rest my case!

dengilo, Vince liked this post
Khaw no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2014, 10:18 AM   #27
daeng_jal

Likes (Received): 1461

Like skyscrapers, land reclamation is never about the scarcity of land. Does Dubai and the middle east has any scarcity of land in the 1st place?

The reason to reclaim is simply because it make economic sense, the land are cheaper to reclaim than to buy.
Old February 16th, 2014, 10:53 AM   #28
Vince
Vince

Quote:
Originally Posted by daeng_jal View Post
Like skyscrapers, land reclamation is never about the scarcity of land. Does Dubai and the middle east has any scarcity of land in the 1st place?

The reason to reclaim is simply because it make economic sense, the land are cheaper to reclaim than to buy.
Convenient for cronies to make easy money? What a waste when there is so much unused land around.

Khaw liked this post
Old February 16th, 2014, 12:36 PM   #29
szehoong
M O D E R A T O R

Likes (Received): 1830

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince View Post
Convenient for cronies to make easy money? What a waste when there is so much unused land around.
Again........I won't warn the next time. It would be brig time for you.

UjaiDidida, ruzaimi, Mith252 liked this post
szehoong no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2014, 07:06 PM   #30
Khaw

Quote:
Again, why compare Melaka to Dubai? It's like day and night! Does Melaka bring in the FDI, business traffic, tourists, etc. like Dubai? (No, please do not attempt to humor me with your reason because there ain't a shred of evidence to back it up.)

Quote:
Oh yeah? Prove it then instead of just saying it, and say it with common sense!

D_Y2k.2^, Vince liked this post
Old February 17th, 2014, 10:05 AM   #31
dengilo

Likes (Received): 2004

Actually i like to know who is paying for the reclamation works in the first place?Developers or state government?

Vince liked this post
dengilo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2014, 11:39 AM   #32
daeng_jal

Quote:
Originally Posted by dengilo View Post
Actually i like to know who is paying for the reclamation works in the first place?Developers or state government?
Normally the developer are the one paying for reclamation and the state take 30℅ of the total land being reclaim. Except for klebang, where the land are being reclaim by I think bernelec or something, a marine engineering company, 30% are transfer to the state while the rest are sold Piece by piece to private developer.

In case of the lion group, the owner make the preliminary approval and reclamation before selling it at an inflated price to his publicly listed control company I think.
Old February 17th, 2014, 11:54 AM   #33
daeng_jal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaw View Post
Again, why compare Melaka to Dubai? It's like day and night! Does Melaka bring in the FDI, business traffic, tourists, etc. like Dubai? (No, please do not attempt to humor me with your reason because there ain't a shred of evidence to back it up.)

Oh yeah? Prove it then instead of just saying it, and say it with common sense!
Clearly, any explanation aren't going to satisfied you because you can't even differentiate between a private developer project and a state government project. Applying your logic than you can also argue that all pigeon hole condo in KV is a prove of Selangor incompetence.

And I am talking about scarcity. do you see any scarcity of land in Dubai that force them to build high rise and Mega land reclaimation? If you must know the cost of it you can simply Google it, no need to ask me then. The fact that a lot of company doing reclamation is a simple prove of it economic viability. If not all those take are nothing more than idiots isn't it?
Old February 18th, 2014, 06:13 AM   #34
Khaw

still trying to bring up Dubai as a comparison, huh?? Scarcity of land or not with dubai, their reasons are justified as said.

And whether private vs. public works it STILL does not warrant any reclamation of land in sleepy melaka. So come on... at least humor us with your intelligent reasoning as to why land reclamation is so much lower in cost as you said. Surely you will whip out some wild ideas, right? You do that all the time in many of your postings... reasons so left that the middle ground cannot be reached!
Old February 18th, 2014, 12:16 PM   #35
Vince
Vince

Quote:
Clearly, any explanation aren't going to satisfied you because you can't even differentiate between a private developer project and a state government project. Applying your logic than you can also argue that all pigeon hole condo in KV is a prove of Selangor incompetence.

And I am talking about scarcity. do you see any scarcity of land in Dubai that force them to build high rise and Mega land reclaimation? If you must know the cost of it you can simply Google it, no need to ask me then. The fact that a lot of company doing reclamation is a simple prove of it economic viability. If not all those take are nothing more than idiots isn't it?
Dubai has lots of oil money. What do we use to sustain such a huge project? Economic viability you said? Dubai overbuilt and even now they are in trouble with the properties.
Old February 19th, 2014, 09:14 AM   #36
XNeo

Likes (Received): 233

IMO it is not about land scarcity or not.
development at seaside or on reclamation land gives value added and something 'extra ordinary' which can attract investors - beautiful landscape & sea view, etc.

yu think hollywood stars..rich ppl want to buy house in dubai if they buit it in the middle of the desert ???.
XNeo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2014, 09:20 AM   #37
jasontan12

Likes (Received): 21

Cool down all brothers here
please back to the main topic discussions here leh on :
MELAKA GATEWAY | Melaka (Marina, Bandar Hilir) | Pro
jasontan12 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2014, 07:15 PM   #38
tomkat
Bushido

Likes (Received): 483

What is the difference between this and all the reclamation work done or on-going in Penang? There are a lot of undeveloped land on the mainland side, aren't there? Why it is acceptable for Penang but not melaka?

ruzaimi, dengilo liked this post
tomkat no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2014, 02:51 AM   #39
Khaw

Supply and demand. No one is saying whether it's acceptable or not, just questioning its feasibility and economic sense and viability.

dengilo liked this post
Old February 21st, 2014, 03:09 AM   #40
XNeo

Likes (Received): 233

Melaka Gateway should be duty free zone to boost its development
XNeo no está en línea   Reply With Quote