daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Forum Pencakar Langit Malaysia > Countdown to 2020

Countdown to 2020 new projects, proposals, under-construction updates and news of developments & construction projects.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 14th, 2010, 09:02 AM   #101
XNeo

Likes (Received): 232

macam 90's punya building
XNeo no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 14th, 2010, 09:10 AM   #102
rizalhakim
PROUD 2 B MALAYSIAN

Likes (Received): 2480

haha yeah!!!
rizalhakim no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2010, 03:22 PM   #103
kubundu

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizalhakim View Post
cant open
Yeah, the site use some redirecting script, might trigger your anti virus alarm. Damn web designers.
kubundu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2010, 08:37 AM   #104
nazrey

Likes (Received): 11277

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr
nazrey está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2010, 04:56 PM   #105
TYW
Penang Skyscrapers Hunter

Likes (Received): 28

wow!! i guess Gurney Paragon East Tower is officially Penang's 2nd tallest already!!

"the said Municipality of George Town shall on the First Day of January in the Year of our Lord one thousand nine hundred and fifty seven and forever thereafter be a city and shall be called and styled the CITY OF GEORGE TOWN instead of the Municipality of George Town and shall thenceforth have all such rank, liberties, privileges and immunities as are incident to a city." - Queen Elizabeth II
TYW no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2010, 11:02 AM   #106
dh maju dh

Likes (Received): 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazrey View Post
image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr
ada 2 kren...
what is the project??
dh maju dh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2010, 12:47 PM   #107
nazrey

http://www.flickr.com/photos/maliavale/4804827729/

image hosted on flickr
Old July 20th, 2010, 07:06 AM   #108
proud_penangite
I'm sexy and I know it

Likes (Received): 12

that is totally dirty!
Old July 21st, 2010, 06:43 AM   #109
supremecouncillor

Quote:
I suggest that we plant mangroves to cover all the mud and let it grow to certain height. Later, build a wooden chalet/restaurant/dataran inside or at the centre of the bushes and it can be connected with the promenade at Gurney Drive with mangrove bridges. I'm sure it will look great..
supremecouncillor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2010, 11:01 AM   #110
nazrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by proud_penangite View Post
that is totally dirty!
Quote:
Originally Posted by supremecouncillor View Post
I suggest that we plant mangroves to cover all the mud and let it grow to certain height. Later, build a wooden chalet/restaurant/dataran inside or at the centre of the bushes and it can be connected with the promenade at Gurney Drive with mangrove bridges. I'm sure it will look great..
Hey guys..dun worry! those dirty mud belong to Seri Tanjung Pinang masterplan project area..!! that means Penang island will get more land to build the project here..currently just build for the 1st phase only!!

Old July 21st, 2010, 01:49 PM   #111
tomkat
Bushido

Likes (Received): 483

If that artificial islands get built you can rest assure that the water will recede forever. For nature can not be fooled.
tomkat no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2010, 05:47 PM   #112
supremecouncillor

That masterplan is really huge. But the main problem is that the Penang Strait is so narrow. This will lead to more environmental issues in Penang waters. Pretty damn sure..
Old July 23rd, 2010, 10:57 AM   #113
ps5
~stunning~

Likes (Received): 200

Current dirty mud will be tomorrow reclaim land. Say good bay to sea front Gurney Drive...

image hosted on flickr
ps5 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2010, 12:07 PM   #114
rizalhakim
PROUD 2 B MALAYSIAN

Likes (Received): 2480

Quote:
Hey guys..dun worry! those dirty mud belong to Seri Tanjung Pinang masterplan project area..!! that means Penang island will get more land to build the project here..currently just build for the 1st phase only!!

wow...look at dat...huge!!
rizalhakim no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2010, 12:13 PM   #115
nazrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps5 View Post
Current dirty mud will be tomorrow reclaim land. Say good bay to sea front Gurney Drive...

image hosted on flickr
yarr...I can see some bridges over there also!!!
Old July 23rd, 2010, 04:08 PM   #116
supremecouncillor

Absolutely only for the rich and famous. Forumers like us are only able to give useless comment in this forum. So pity.
Old July 24th, 2010, 03:24 AM   #117
TYW

Actually Gurney Drive is not going to be reclaimed as part of the Tanjung Pinang Development. The proposed reclamation along gurney drive is for the PORR. personally, i don't like the idea of having a highway in front of Gurney Drive... i'll rather have mud there...

"the said Municipality of George Town shall on the First Day of January in the Year of our Lord one thousand nine hundred and fifty seven and forever thereafter be a city and shall be called and styled the CITY OF GEORGE TOWN instead of the Municipality of George Town and shall thenceforth have all such rank, liberties, privileges and immunities as are incident to a city." - Queen Elizabeth II
Old July 24th, 2010, 04:58 AM   #118
khensthoth

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TYW View Post
Actually Gurney Drive is not going to be reclaimed as part of the Tanjung Pinang Development. The proposed reclamation along gurney drive is for the PORR. personally, i don't like the idea of having a highway in front of Gurney Drive... i'll rather have mud there...
Why not? Extend the highway our a little bit, turn the reclaimed land between the current shoreline and the highway into a promenade or a coastal park.

In my opinion, PORR is needed to divert traffic away from the trunk and arterial roads in Pulau Tikus and surrounding area. People travelling from Batu Feringghi or Tanjung Bungah to George Town don't have to drive through Pulau Tikus.
khensthoth no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2010, 05:58 AM   #119
ps5
~stunning~

Likes (Received): 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by khensthoth View Post
Why not? Extend the highway our a little bit, turn the reclaimed land between the current shoreline and the highway into a promenade or a coastal park.

In my opinion, PORR is needed to divert traffic away from the trunk and arterial roads in Pulau Tikus and surrounding area. People travelling from Batu Feringghi or Tanjung Bungah to George Town don't have to drive through Pulau Tikus.

GREAT IDEA!! I heard tat Burma Road and Kelawai Road going to become one way very soon.

image hosted on flickr
ps5 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2010, 11:30 PM   #120
TYW

Quote:
Originally Posted by khensthoth View Post

because the highway will cause sound, air and visual pollution, disconnect the existing Gurney Drive with the new part and make the area less pedestrian friendly. Gurney Drive is a leisure / recreation / shopping / residential area where i think easy pedestrian access around the area is necessary for the place to be more lively and pleasing.

I'm not against PORR, i just think that the alignment which cut through parks and seafronts could be improved. problem is that more money needs to be spent to make more parts of the highway elevated or put parts of it underground, install sound proof shields etc.