search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 11th, 2017, 03:55 PM   #1761
Skopje/Скопје
Macedonia/Македонија

Likes (Received): 51056

Works on the Kichevo-Ohrid highway...

https://www.facebook.com/misajlovski...57884277851935

Skopje/Скопје no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 11th, 2017, 04:32 PM   #1762
ValterPravnik

Likes (Received): 629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skopje/Скопје View Post
Apparently the section should be finished in May.

The Corridor X and the Corridor VIII are the most important international routes in Macedonia.
I was sarcastic because of the comment that the route was politically connotated.

Of course it is a major link and has to be finished

Сакам кога се гради во поранешната држава

Skopje/Скопје liked this post
ValterPravnik está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2017, 06:30 PM   #1763
threo2k

Likes (Received): 23

Quote:
Works on the Kichevo-Ohrid highway...

https://www.facebook.com/misajlovski...57884277851935
When is this going to be finished?

Last edited by ChrisZwolle; April 11th, 2017 at 06:47 PM. Reason: unnecessary photo quote
threo2k no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2017, 08:20 PM   #1764
Skopje/Скопје
Macedonia/Македонија

At the very start of 2018, if everything goes well and according the plan.
Old April 11th, 2017, 08:35 PM   #1765
Junkie
Supervisor

Likes (Received): 590

Quote:
Originally Posted by threo2k View Post
When is this going to be finished?
What kind of work needs to be done in order for this project to be finished!
Old April 12th, 2017, 07:48 PM   #1766
Junkie
Supervisor

Lets see and talk serious things.

Lets see one of the worst and deadliest section in MK. The section Rankovce-Kriva Palanka-Bulgarian border.
It's so bad that some of the barriers were not upgraded since Tito's death.
At the same time this corridor is the main pass to a very frequent passenger and freight traffic international border crossing to the neighboring BG.

https:[email protected]..2!8i6656?hl=en

Kochani-Mak. Kamenitsa-Delcevo-Bulgarian border

This section mainly between the towns of Mak. Kamenitsa and Delcevo is desperate for reconstruction. Its so bad condition that the are falling rocks every rainy day. This section is the second most important international traffic corridor towards BG.
The width of the lanes even cannot even be consider as a international corridor.

These routes see increased traffic during all year. There is a constant freight traffic going from the ports of the Black Sea and passes right here towards the capital. This is the real traffic infrastructure in the country.

Sentilj liked this post
Junkie está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2017, 02:01 AM   #1767
belerophon

Likes (Received): 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkie View Post
Lets see and talk serious things.

Lets see one of the worst and deadliest section in MK. The section Rankovce-Kriva Palanka-Bulgarian border.
It's so bad that some of the barriers were not upgraded since Tito's death.
At the same time this corridor is the main pass to a very frequent passenger and freight traffic international border crossing to the neighboring BG.
Well i drove there and it's well an adventure. The signs for the city limits are yellow, but you often can't read whats on it.

Its relatively empty. But well it depends, Macedonia is a small country. Indeed its a important connection between Sofia and Skopje, thats why i used it.

I am used to eastern european roads, so i was not shocked in any way, there are a lot of worse. But maybe they are not such important.

But i might add, that there are motorway sections in Bulgaria wich provide an eroded concrete surface. The asphalt on this road suffered, but its okay for me.

For the traffic i could see there, it was useful. A better road would be used more, of course.

Drove my car everywhere except: IL, JOR

Junkie liked this post
belerophon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2017, 09:52 AM   #1768
Skopje/Скопје
Macedonia/Македонија

The expressway towards the Bulgarian border is already planned and the construction should start very soon. There was a post about it on this thread on some of the previous pages.
Old April 13th, 2017, 04:51 PM   #1769
Junkie
Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by belerophon View Post
Well i drove there and it's well an adventure. The signs for the city limits are yellow, but you often can't read whats on it.

Its relatively empty. But well it depends, Macedonia is a small country. Indeed its a important connection between Sofia and Skopje, thats why i used it.

I am used to eastern european roads, so i was not shocked in any way, there are a lot of worse. But maybe they are not such important.

But i might add, that there are motorway sections in Bulgaria wich provide an eroded concrete surface. The asphalt on this road suffered, but its okay for me.

For the traffic i could see there, it was useful. A better road would be used more, of course.
Yes you are right, but remember this is an international route. Heavy trucks are using it every day. The traffic towards Bulgaria has increased by far.
And there are lot of side roads that connect to the main road, like every 20 meteres.

This route is holding the record for most killed in a traffic accidents in one section.

Its called Propaganda
The country currently has no government and there will be no new one. So plans are out of order for this section.
Old April 14th, 2017, 08:59 PM   #1770
Skopje/Скопје
Macedonia/Македонија

Somewhere on the halfway between Skopje and Veles, driving on the highway, you can see this...

Old April 15th, 2017, 12:27 PM   #1771
roaddor

Likes (Received): 4047

Sofia-Skopie-Ohrid is part of so called corridor VIII and it is important for Bulgaria to have faster connection towards Ohrid lake and further to the Adriatic Sea. As from our side, we need to adopt a new model for building highways and speed up the construction.
roaddor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2017, 01:26 PM   #1772
Junkie
Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by roaddor View Post
Sofia-Skopie-Ohrid is part of so called corridor VIII and it is important for Bulgaria to have faster connection towards Ohrid lake and further to the Adriatic Sea. As from our side, we need to adopt a new model for building highways and speed up the construction.
That's crap. Bulgaria is not planning any highway connection. We'll reach 2020 and for half a century there is no decent road!
From this side the things are complicated and I am not an optimist, so this route will stay as it is in the next 5 years for sure. Talking about the Kumanovo-Border section!
Old April 15th, 2017, 02:59 PM   #1773
roaddor

Likes (Received): 4047

You know very well that in the past that was not possible. It all depends whether Bulgaria will change the way it builds new highways. For the time being, the new connection towards Deve Bair seems more distant because there are also other long delayed highways in BG. But that doesn't mean we have forgotten you.
There is a planned expressway which will most probably go from Dupnitsa to Gyueshevo reusing A3 Sofia-Kulata/GR border. I want to use the opportunity to greet all our brothers and sisters in Vardar Macedonia with forthcoming Easter.

simondanut liked this post
roaddor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2017, 03:12 PM   #1774
Junkie
Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by roaddor View Post

You know very well that in the past that was not possible. It all depends whether Bulgaria will change the way it builds new highways. For the time being, the new connection towards Deve Bair seems more distant because there are also other long delayed highways in BG. But that doesn't mean we have forgotten you.
There is a planned expressway which will most probably go from Dupnitsa to Gyueshevo reusing A3 Sofia-Kulata/GR border. I want to use the opportunity to greet all our brothers and sisters in Vardar Macedonia with forthcoming Easter.
No I don't agree with you about this. But non of us is official here and our statements are just ours, they are not official.
Old April 21st, 2017, 11:09 AM   #1775
Skopje/Скопје
Macedonia/Македонија

Few photos from the construction works on the expressway Gradsko-Prilep. As one the forumers from the forum Build.mk says, who had visited the construction site, they are working now on clearing the terrain and building the bridges on several locations. The photos are provided by the courtesy of WolfLeader from Build.mk.

Old April 24th, 2017, 10:40 AM   #1776
Skopje/Скопје
Macedonia/Македонија

On the video you can see part of the reconstructed section Kumanovo-Miladinovci of the Kumanovo-Skopje highway, and around 2:00 you can see the new pay toll that is under construction.

Old April 24th, 2017, 10:37 PM   #1778
tfd543

Likes (Received): 37

Quote:
On the video you can see part of the reconstructed section Kumanovo-Miladinovci of the Kumanovo-Skopje highway, and around 2:00 you can see the new pay toll that is under construction.

Very faint markings and coarse surface.. Why ?
tfd543 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2017, 09:26 AM   #1779
Skopje/Скопје
Macedonia/Македонија

Sorry if the translation is not that good...

The Highway route A1 (from Tabanovce to Gevgelija) received new road signs

source (in Macedonian language)

The project for reconstruction and installation of new vertical and horizontal signaling along the entire route of the highway on Corridor 10 has finished. The project costed 1,250,000 Euros provided by the European Union. The works were given tot he company "Granite" and holders of the project were the Public Enterprise for State Roads and the Ministry of Transport and Communications.

This project was realized over the last year. The project covered the junctions near Gevgelija, Demir Kapija, Negotino, Veles (south) and the section from the interchange near Hipodrom to the interchange Miladinovci, as well the section from the interchange near Hipodrom to the interchange near Petrovec.
Old April 28th, 2017, 10:22 AM   #1780
tfd543

Likes (Received): 37

Quote:
Sorry if the translation is not that good...

The Highway route A1 (from Tabanovce to Gevgelija) received new road signs

source (in Macedonian language)

The project for reconstruction and installation of new vertical and horizontal signaling along the entire route of the highway on Corridor 10 has finished. The project costed 1,250,000 Euros provided by the European Union. The works were given tot he company "Granite" and holders of the project were the Public Enterprise for State Roads and the Ministry of Transport and Communications.

This project was realized over the last year. The project covered the junctions near Gevgelija, Demir Kapija, Negotino, Veles (south) and the section from the interchange near Hipodrom to the interchange Miladinovci, as well the section from the interchange near Hipodrom to the interchange near Petrovec.
Did they also fix the signposting at the airport ? It used to be sort of tricky because there are two exits from A1 to the airport and one of them is the old one and is unfortunately the first one a driver will encounter coming from Skopje center. The old one is an underpass and the new one is an overpass.
tfd543 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
macedonia