search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > Middle East > Local Forums > Iran > Construction & Development > Mid-North (Capital Region) > Tehran

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 18th, 2017, 05:45 AM   #721
SoroushPersepolisi

Likes (Received): 4916

beautiful works on enghelab street

these buildings are an inseparable part of the beauty and culture of tehran's architecture, they are in the middle of classical and modern styles and usually get overlooked but thankfully these projects are bringing them back to life, some are very fine, sadly there are alot of eye-sores around them and it would be great to one day slowly re-fill the area with these types of buildings

Quote:
ساماندهی محور انقلاب

this one is beautiful, corner buildings really change the view of the street

as you see, some buildings have already been renovated (pics are posted in previous posts)

http://zibasazi.ir/fa/photoreport/it...84%D8%A7%D8%A8
SoroushPersepolisi no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 18th, 2017, 02:48 PM   #722
Alexsal

Likes (Received): 857

I agree it would be great to have some uniformity ESP if they style tends towards these 60s 70s originals. Then the whole area would look stylish rather than a messy all sorts it is now adays.
Alexsal no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2017, 04:33 PM   #723
SoroushPersepolisi

These are actually more from the mid 20s-40s
It definitely would look stylish

Alexsal liked this post
Old April 20th, 2017, 01:33 AM   #724
iranii

Likes (Received): 2456

Nasser Khosro

http://www.zibasazi.ir/fa/photorepor...585;و-60
iranii no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2017, 01:18 PM   #725
hey dude
Persia

Likes (Received): 1101

I don't know why but there is something wrong with these streets.
I mean with all the renovations the historic neighborhoods are definitely looking "better" but still it doesn't look "interesting", it doesn't even look historic in the first place.
I mean you can't ever compare a street like "Nasser Khosro" or "Tajrish" to some random streets in cities like Istanbul or Baku, let alone the Western capitals.

We should make some revolutionary works for our historic areas, we won't get anywhere with all this renovation.

clementberlu liked this post
hey dude no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2017, 01:44 PM   #726
Alexsal

Quote:
Originally Posted by hey dude View Post
I don't know why but there is something wrong with these streets.
I mean with all the renovations the historic neighborhoods are definitely looking "better" but still it doesn't look "interesting", it doesn't even look historic in the first place.
I mean you can't ever compare a street like "Nasser Khosro" or "Tajrish" to some random streets in cities like Istanbul or Baku, let alone the Western capitals.

We should make some revolutionary works for our historic areas, we won't get anywhere with all this renovation.
I know what you mean. I think like Soroush says its the lack of some uniformity in the physical size and styles of then buildings. Like Enghelab looks like a High Street in a provincial town that doesn't fit it's present location at all. Even the trees that could hid so much ugliness are not there. And the odd really cool buildings are either too run down or swamped by a multitude of different height neighbours, street and shop signs or ugly pedestrian crossings festooned with odd billboard ads. Then there is the ultimate let down, power lines or worse strings of lightbulbs up and down anything and everything. Maybe in another 300 years Tehran's city centre will feel interesting. Tehran's charm has always been in its often hidden individual buildings. A whole street is stretching it a bit! Lol

clementberlu liked this post
Old April 23rd, 2017, 04:40 PM   #727
SoroushPersepolisi

there are various factors, but i think alexsal said most of them

alot of these projects are not done by experts or with proper materials/methods, and even designs, thats why some look a bit "childish" , and some are very good, some are not, so there is an in-balance.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

baharestan is getting updated , alot of the buildings are receiving face-lifts. the pavement as soldier said in a few posts before is becoming stone, i hope this means that pedestrian ways are taking over. even if not, i think it is an important move because it shows people and future designers that this is an important area, and that these old regions must be valued and presented in the best way , rather than be neglected

one great step would be to remove the needless railings beside the sidewalks, they clutter the streets alot

notice the renovated building (s)

sadly the new glass box in the back completely ruins the views to baharestan

http://www.tehranpicture.ir/fa/album...AA%D8%A7%D9%86
Old April 25th, 2017, 04:27 AM   #728
Nowruz

Likes (Received): 19

Last week, I was walking from Theater-e-Shahr to Enghelab Sq. The area looks great after renovation. You can see many coffee shops in the area. Good for chilling out.

clementberlu, iranii, urbastar, Alexsal liked this post

Last edited by Nowruz; April 25th, 2017 at 10:20 PM.
Nowruz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2017, 08:10 PM   #729
iranii

Baherstan Square

http://www.tehranpicture.ir/fa/album...ان
Old May 3rd, 2017, 08:50 PM   #730
SoldierT

Likes (Received): 753

very very nice all that area from baharestan down to moulavi and than back to bazar should be free of cars and with sangfarsh and a tramvay that would be amazing

fantastic

demolish that and instead plant more tress tehran need billions of tress

Last edited by SoroushPersepolisi; May 3rd, 2017 at 10:04 PM.
SoldierT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2017, 10:02 PM   #731
SoroushPersepolisi

I agree, i personally do not think large fountains especially with the colors like that are suitable for places like tehran, they look messy and usually are neglected and require alot of maitenance, and dont really add anything, only occasional ones are nice. i think they tried to keep the open space to show the baharestan building. sadly they have ruined it on the other side imo

what they have done with the buildings is great, we now have 3-4 buildings in the same style and all renovated, beside eachother

but, this looks far too messy

thing that must be still worked on (aside from buildings)
1) i agree with soldier, simple lines of trees look much better
2) remove all the ridiculous flags and decorations (especially that irrelevant green flag) , or put one single iran flag on the large flagpole and thats it
3) fix the lighting fixtures and furniture (furniture is new but not matching)

firoz bharmal liked this post

Last edited by SoroushPersepolisi; May 3rd, 2017 at 10:31 PM.
Old May 4th, 2017, 05:18 PM   #732
Alexsal

Yep agree. The fountains look really tacky. Trees and some benches for people to relax on would be so much better. Also the cobbled streets are looking really good. They will force motorists to slow down and observe all the signs at last!!!
Old June 7th, 2017, 07:15 PM   #733
SoroushPersepolisi

a small meeting about the touch ups on enghelab street, and look at the photos, the man with the red/brown jacket and thick round glasses is the same architect that helped restore some of the kashan hotels (his documentary in aljazeera was posted in the iran urban renovations thread)
slowly, people involved in actual design are entering the city systems
great news

http://zibasazi.ir/fa/photoreport/it...84%D8%A7%D8%A8
Old June 7th, 2017, 09:55 PM   #734
SoldierT

wow amazin i was last friday around ferdowsi and i saw many restoration.it is so much better now.they have renovated and rebuild some houses,it was amazing didint went to enghelab
but ferdowsi is really good looking

SoroushPersepolisi liked this post
Old June 7th, 2017, 11:21 PM   #735
SoroushPersepolisi

ferdosi is having many small cafes and restaurants being placed in it , with some galleries and art type places
Old June 8th, 2017, 05:33 PM   #736
Herbicide
a tangy drink!

Likes (Received): 253

I know talking about the a side issue related to the attacks seems strange but as we are talking about about Baharestan, some of the footage of it beamed around the world yesterday was not too flattering.
This bit opposite the Maijlis looked really dilapidated.

A lot more needs to be done in renovating this important area.
Also the MPs offices block that was attacked, is a really unattractive building. Maybe some exterior architectural remodelling of the fašade can be done to improve it.
Herbicide no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2017, 05:49 PM   #737
SoroushPersepolisi

the MP building (big grey rectangle) completely blocks the pyramid shaped parliament building itself. i really do not understand why they would build such an elaborate parliament then cover it with a rectangular box. ideally a new building would be best , so they can move the offices there and the pyramid would be freed and a small park in front of it can be made. the offices can be moved to the other side of the street (an new large classical (but modernized) baharestanesque office block could take place, or a new modern box can be build on top of the old 2-3 floor buildings as like the ones we see in the photo (keep the old facade on the bottom floors and build a new modern extension on top)

the and as for the area in general, you are correct, there are major works needed. there are some large new facilities being built in bits and pieces across baharestan (large projects) , but there is an overall lack of general vision for the area as of now
Old June 8th, 2017, 08:58 PM   #738
Alexsal

The rundown building in the corner is actually not too bad, it could look great after a major refurb. But yes the consistency is just not there.

The parliament building might have been too exposed and it's possible they have blocked it with some office buildings for security I am guessing.
Old June 22nd, 2017, 02:28 AM   #739
iranii

بازسازی و مرمت خانه باغ اتحادیه

http://www.tehranpicture.ir/fa/album...یه

Last edited by SoroushPersepolisi; June 27th, 2017 at 03:29 AM.
iranii no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2017, 10:18 PM   #740
SoldierT

Tags
iran, redevelopment, renovation, tehran, urban