search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Asian Skyscraper Forums > South Asia > Mehfil Pakistan > Lahore Projects

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1725 votes, 5.00 average.
Old April 6th, 2017, 01:03 PM   #12341
ghessan

Likes (Received): 21

lack of education both at home and institutions

khalid_mkb liked this post
ghessan no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 6th, 2017, 06:39 PM   #12342
At203

Likes (Received): 50

I cant get the idea of converting decent roads into signal free corridors by making u-turns in the middle of the road. I came after a hiatus of 2 years, and I can say by experience that every single road being touched in recent times has been a mess. Is it a very complex idea to understand that u-turns should start and merge with the slowest lane of the road, NOT with the fastest one? After every 100 meters or so, the whole flow is disrupted by vehicles cutting through the lanes obliquely, and they are not to blame.
At203 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2017, 06:43 PM   #12343

Likes (Received): 19282

New Daewoo Terminal Thokar Niaz Baig

Dallas1, kamranali liked this post

Last edited by 500; April 21st, 2017 at 01:43 PM.
500 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2017, 08:58 AM   #12344
Usman ali

Likes (Received): 3902

Quote:
Originally Posted by At203 View Post
How much we fantasize about the development in Lahore, the experience of living and commuting on Lahore roads is deteriorating by the day.
Zero traffic management literally. It's getting worse day by day.

At203 liked this post
Usman ali no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2017, 11:12 AM   #12345
At203

Strange thing is that the rulers who have been ruling the city for a decade now are so fond of development. And still they end up messing every one of their projects. Does anybody else feel the same about ubiquitous u-turns on every Lahore road?
At203 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2017, 04:28 PM   #12346
ms_saleem

Likes (Received): 385

Lahore seriously needs couple of expressways through the city to cater for the cross city traffic. You cannot move efficiently in and around the city through streets. City boulevards have been made efficient as they can be through bridges, underpasses, u-turns etc. But, for through traffic few expressways have become an important necessity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usman ali View Post
Zero traffic management literally. It's getting worse day by day.

kamranali, Usman ali, dervash liked this post
ms_saleem está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2017, 03:05 PM   #12347
Amazing One

Likes (Received): 34

Last 9 years are nightmare for Lahore in terms of development, which I called unplanned destruction of city. Look at Ferozepur road, what they have done to it. I did not see a development in any city in world (believe me I have been in all major cities around the world) the way it happening in Lahore.

No vision, no knowledge of modern world infrastructure and above all no sense of aesthetic looks and importance of open space and green belts. Its all ugly looking concrete every where.

OmI92, KitKat_, Usman ali, khuram_khokhar liked this post
Amazing One no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2017, 08:41 PM   #12348
KitKat_

Likes (Received): 88

Jail road used to be one of a beautiful road of Lahore but this "Maja Gamma mindset" administration has (U) turned this beautiful road into one of an ugliest road and a complete mess.
KitKat_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2017, 05:00 PM   #12349
hassam kafeel

Likes (Received): 598

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing One View Post
Last 9 years are nightmare for Lahore in terms of development, which I called unplanned destruction of city. Look at Ferozepur road, what they have done to it. I did not see a development in any city in world (believe me I have been in all major cities around the world) the way it happening in Lahore.

No vision, no knowledge of modern world infrastructure and above all no sense of aesthetic looks and importance of open space and green belts. Its all ugly looking concrete every where.
You've been to all major cities and you've not seen concrete there?? lol.

dervash, Zenone liked this post
hassam kafeel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2017, 07:12 AM   #12350
sial699

Likes (Received): 323

https://tribune.com.pk/story/1379329...s-twin-towers/

Construction proposal: Lahore plans its own Twin Towers

LAHORE: The Lahore city authority is planning to construct multibillion, 28-storey-high twin towers, offering panoramic view of the city and a rooftop restaurant.

The proposed Lahore Twin Towers on Jail Road are intended to be a high-rise, mixed-use building, estimated to cost about Rs4.25 billion, according to the Lahore Development Authority (LDA). The project will be executed under the management and transfer of property laws given in the Development Authorities Act, 2014.

The authority has formally invited expressions of interest (EOI) from well-reputed, financially sound companies for the construction of the twin towers on joint venture basis. The deadline for submission of EOIs for the project is May 24.

As per the proposed terms, the LDA will provide the land as equity for the project while the private partner will be responsible for the design, financing, construction, marketing, sales and management.

The constructor will share the profits with the development authority while the management of facilities will be determined through open, competitive bidding.

EOIs have been solicited from private parties having a strong financial position and those able to bring together skills and resources necessary for undertaking the project. Open bidding will be held between prequalified competitors using two-stage, two-envelope process.

The authority has uploaded the prequalification documents on its website (www.lda.gop.pk) and they can also be obtained from the office of LDA chief engineer.

Last month, LDA Director-General Zahid Akhter Zaman also met Chinese and Turkish investors and invited them to invest in the project on the directions of the Punjab chief minister.

The authority has also decided to rent out the vacant rooftop of the LDA Plaza on Egertor Road for setting up a restaurant. The LDA secretary and other sponsors have also invited EOIs from local and multinational restaurant chains for setting up the outlets on around 8,000 square foot.

Published in The Express Tribune, April 10th, 2017.

Ahmad Rashid Ahmad liked this post
sial699 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2017, 12:13 PM   #12351
Pak_Forever

Likes (Received): 16621

Only 28 storey? Isn't it was 40 storey.
Pak_Forever no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2017, 02:55 PM   #12352
Ahmad Rashid Ahmad
Sapphire

Likes (Received): 6018

Cost is reasonable too i.e. Rs. 4.25 billion. Punjab government should build this one itself...
Ahmad Rashid Ahmad no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2017, 01:05 AM   #12353
Amazing One

Likes (Received): 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by hassam kafeel View Post
You've been to all major cities and you've not seen concrete there?? lol.
Once you have a chance to visit world then you will understand what I am saying. At this time enjoy making fun other people.

DrSchultz liked this post
Amazing One no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2017, 06:30 PM   #12354
AbdurrehmanKhan

Likes (Received): 6041

Old April 16th, 2017, 10:57 PM   #12355
At203

I think u don't only need huge projects to facilitate common man's commute. Just start with 3 very small things.
1. All over the city, the manholes are not leveled with the road, so people avoid that part of road and disrupt flow.
2. Similarly there is no system where by a road is carpeted after it is dug for laying severage or other services.
3. There are patches of roads unpaved and no syreet lights so you suddenly plunge into them.

These are small things that a considerate and efficient state machinery can do without asking loans from china.
Old April 21st, 2017, 12:49 PM   #12356

Likes (Received): 19282

New Mövenpick hotel coming to Lahore's Johar Town

Quote:

DUBAI: Mövenpick Hotels and Resorts has expanded its footprint in Pakistan after finalising an agreement to operate its third property in the country. The Swiss hospitality firm has signed a deal with the Orient Group of Companies to manage the 310-key Mövenpick Hotel & Apartments Lahore, part of a new mixed-used development the government has earmarked as the city's new commercial hub.

Set to be one of the tallest buildings in Pakistan when it opens in 2021, the property will be the focal point of the high-profile Finance and Trade Centre project in Johar Town, an up-and-coming district earmarked for significant development.

The hotel will also be close to the Lahore International Expo Centre, the Bank Square financial precinct and several corporate and government offices, as well as new and upcoming theme parks and shopping malls.

"Mövenpick Hotel & Apartments Lahore will be perfectly positioned to capitalise on the significant resident and visiting population this new commercial hub will attract," said Mian Ahmad Fazal, Executive Director of Orient Group of Companies.

"We are pleased to be able to support the government's ambitions for infrastructure development and look forward to Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts setting new hospitality standards in Lahore, as it has in other key cities across the region."

The Finance and Trade Centre development, which aims to grow the city's prominence as a regional financial hub, comes as Pakistan ploughs significant investment into developments designed to transform the country's economic landscape.

Located at the heart of this new project, Mövenpick Hotel & Apartments Lahore will feature 260 rooms and 50 serviced apartments; five restaurants and lounges; 1,500 square metres of meeting and event space, including a large ballroom; a 700-square-metre spa and fitness area; and a kids' club and business centre.

Mövenpick already operates the 407-room Mövenpick Hotel Karachi and is scheduled to open the 361-key Mövenpick Hotel Centaurus Islamabad in 2018.

"Signing our third property in Pakistan marks yet another milestone in our expansion strategy, which focuses on operating properties in key gateway cities across the Middle East and Asia regions," said Andrew Langdon, Chief Development Officer, Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts.

http://dailytimes.com.pk/pakistan/20...h-orient-group

Pak_Forever, khiman, Dallas1, HA, ahmad sh. and 1 others liked this post
500 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2017, 01:55 PM   #12357
PKlover

Likes (Received): 263

Superb project and location...
Old April 21st, 2017, 05:10 PM   #12358
kwaheed

Likes (Received): 35

"
aesthetic looks and importance of open space and green belts
"
hmm.. since you have visited many places as you have clarified in enough threads .. would you be kind enough to tell us mere, local desi how many greenbelts you see in Manhattan or Newyork (not talking about greenbelt park here just in case you get confused) for that matter or downtown Houston or Downtown Toronto, Or downtown london etc etc etc...

kamranali liked this post
kwaheed no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2017, 10:40 PM   #12359
Iron Clad

Likes (Received): 1148

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwaheed View Post
"
aesthetic looks and importance of open space and green belts
"
hmm.. since you have visited many places as you have clarified in enough threads .. would you be kind enough to tell us mere, local desi how many greenbelts you see in Manhattan or Newyork (not talking about greenbelt park here just in case you get confused) for that matter or downtown Houston or Downtown Toronto, Or downtown london etc etc etc...
I actually really appreciate Lahore's green belts. They're one thing I wish other cities in the world would think about rather than paving every open space.
Iron Clad no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2017, 03:34 AM   #12360
kwaheed

Likes (Received): 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Clad View Post
I actually really appreciate Lahore's green belts. They're one thing I wish other cities in the world would think about rather than paving every open space.
I agree about green belts as well. My sacacism is directed at people who tout their expatriate status as if it elevates them to a place of certain intellectual superiority and to point a clear contradiction i

hassam kafeel liked this post
kwaheed no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
development, lahore

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: