daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > Canada > Ontario

Ontario » Toronto

Old July 25th, 2005, 04:26 PM   #1
mrtfreak

Likes (Received): 22

Any Unis here for media studies?

Do any Universities in Ontario offer degrees in media studies? I'm trying to plan for my future, thus finding out about different Universities that offer the degrees. Any info will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
mrtfreak no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old July 25th, 2005, 10:22 PM   #2
jeicow

Likes (Received): 1

From a couple of program searches I did in Ontario Universities, I couldn't find a straight BA for Media Stuides, but there are many similar areas:

1. The University of Western Ontario (London, Ontario) has a Faculty of Information and Media Studies, which offers programs to similar to Media Studies.
http://www.fims.uwo.ca/ <-- Western

2. Carleton (Ottawa) has a BA/H.BA in Mass Communication.
http://www.admissions.carleton.ca/go...gramid=0800035

There are more. I'd direct you to go to www.careercruising.com which has loads of Degree Searches for Ontario/Canadian Universities.
Directions to Media Programs In Canada/Ontario on careercruising.com
1. Go to www.careercruising.com
2. Login: username:peel password:28300 (don't worry, it's the Peel Destricts schoolboard's login. I heard Toronto uses it too)
3. Click on 'Education' (toolbar on top)
4. Click on 'Search For Programs'
5. Enter 'media studies'
6. Your results will actually be a list of all the programs that are listed on the site but the most relevant ones are near the top. I'd suggest clicking on Mass Communication and Media Studies as I think that is the area closest to what you're searching for.
7. Scroll Down the Page until you get to the Ontario Section. You'll see the list of similar programs in Ontario and the type of degree/diploma you recieve.

*Most colleges in Ontario also give out degrees (technically a Polytechnical Institue), as you'll see from the list

Hope this helps. If you have any more questions just post them here

-jeicow
jeicow no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2005, 12:25 AM   #3
vid

Likes (Received): 891

Confederation College has a media course, but it's just a college, and it's all the way up here..
Old July 26th, 2005, 05:26 AM   #4
mrtfreak

Likes (Received): 22

Thanks! Greatly appreciated. I'm doing a diploma in Media and communications right now, so when I complete it I want to know how much I should save and such. Thanks for the links too. I always knew Canadians rocked! I have a cousin in Vancouver and two friends whom I'm close to in Hamilton.
mrtfreak no está en línea   Reply With Quote