daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Asian Skyscraper Forums > East Asia > Mainland China Forums 中国大陆论坛 > City Hall/议事厅 > International Relations and Defence

International Relations and Defence Foreign relations, military etc.

Old July 14th, 2006, 06:01 PM   #1
zazo
BANNED

Likes (Received): 5

YOUR QUESTION ABOUT SPAIN

Hi everyone, In this thread you'll be able to ask everything about Spain,and i'll try to answer every question or another spaniard or (why not) a chinese.

I would also like you to use english, spanish, french or ladino ( juedoespañol)
Por favor, usad el inglés, español, francés o ladino.

Last edited by zazo; July 14th, 2006 at 06:09 PM.
zazo no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old July 14th, 2006, 06:19 PM   #2
gaoanyu

Hi thanks for coming to this forum
What I would like to ask is, when someone mentions China to a Spanish person, what is it that first pops into your mind? Thanks!
gaoanyu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2006, 06:31 PM   #3
zazo
BANNED

mmmmm...People use to image a huge country with many many people living in huge cities, big factories, also they image a country with enormous forests and markets with thousands of people, rise, pollution, pandas... American films are our mirror....

And what about Spain?

Last edited by zazo; July 15th, 2006 at 02:03 PM.
Old July 14th, 2006, 07:22 PM   #4
YelloPerilo
BANNED

Likes (Received): 21

Chinese think that the Spanish people like torreros and eat paellas the whole day long. Siesta is very important because of the hot weather and they would say olé whenever they are happy. Spain is a small country without much resources that's why in the past they had to steal other peoples' land and wealth in many parts of the world. They also forced other people to convert to christianity and commited genocides and slaver trade.
YelloPerilo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2006, 07:29 PM   #5
zazo
BANNED

I don't think chinese people think that (the last part) about Spain( that's what you think) , if you're refering to the american conquest saying that we stole that terrains, yes, it could be called like that........ how do you call the Tibet problem??? Taiwan??? .....
Almost every country stole terrains, France, England, Holland, Germany, Sweden, Israel, USA, China, Egypt, Portugal, Italy.... when they conquered a terrain, a battle took place......that countries stole the terrains they were in.
( Egypt in faraonic ages, Usa in 19th century, France in Canada, England in America, China in Tibet, Taiwan.., ..............)

And which genocide are you talking about????

I've just answered the first question, and that's true, everybody thinks that, but not me and many other people, i know China is much more....

A huge country with fantastic forests, villages and temples, ultra-modern cities, .........
But what i've said before is what anybody think when you say China,

Last edited by zazo; July 14th, 2006 at 08:01 PM.
Old July 14th, 2006, 08:11 PM   #6
YelloPerilo
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by zazo
I don't think chinese people think that (the last part) about Spain( that's what you think) , if you're refering to the american conquest saying that we stole that terrains, yes, it could be called like that........ how do you call the Tibet problem??? Taiwan??? .....
Almost every country stole terrains, France, England, Holland, Germany, Sweden, Israel, USA, China, Egypt, Portugal, Italy.... when they conquered a terrain, a battle took place......that countries stole the terrains they were in.
( Egypt in faraonic ages, Usa in 19th century, France in Canada, England in America, China in Tibet, Taiwan.., ..............)

And which genocide are you talking about????

I've just answered the first question, and that's true, everybody thinks that, but not me and many other people, i know China is much more....

A huge country with fantastic forests, villages and temples, ultra-modern cities, .........
But what i've said before is what anybody think when you say China,
Taiwan and Tibet are more like the situation with Spain and Cataluna and Pais Vasque and not comparable with the American conquest or the Philippines.

That aside, Spain has a lot of Moorish cultural influences, particularly in the South. I like the life style of Southern Spain, flamenco dance and music, Spanish wine (Rioja), tapas, Jamon Serrano, Maria Dolores and more.
Old July 14th, 2006, 08:28 PM   #7
zazo
BANNED

I leave the Tibet/Taiwan discussion, it's not like catalonia/p.vasco problem, they're very very different, catalonia and p vasco were never conquered....who is maria dolores???? i've no idea, and the south area of Spain is very different to the rest of Spain, but tourists go there and they think we're all day in las corridas de toros and dancing flamenco, i can say that i've never seen a bullfight and a flamenco dance...that's in the south, and just a few people......
Old July 14th, 2006, 08:34 PM   #8
Ohno
Ethnic minority of China

Likes (Received): 10

The first image coming out of my mind is Spanish matador. I think the bullfighters are the bravest persons who dare face the “ mad cow” on purpose and also they have to be smart enough. But I am always afraid of watching the cruel bull fighting scene .
Secondly, Christopher Columbus’s voyage made Spanish empire possible. Today, Spanish culture and Spanish language exert wide influence everywhere in Latin America and South America though Spain lost much of its empire as a result of those countries’ independence movement in the 19th century.
Finally, there are many beautiful beaches and tourist resorts in Spain. For me , It is a matter of time to have a tour in your country someday.

-------
Out of topic, I stayed in Spain with my parents for one year when I was three years old, but all of my memory on Spain has faded out except that those kids watched me as if I were a weird creature.

Last edited by Ohno; July 14th, 2006 at 11:18 PM.
Ohno no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2006, 08:50 PM   #9
YelloPerilo
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by zazo
I leave the Tibet/Taiwan discussion, it's not like catalonia/p.vasco problem, they're very very different, catalonia and p vasco were never conquered....who is maria dolores???? i've no idea, and the south area of Spain is very different to the rest of Spain, but tourists go there and they think we're all day in las corridas de toros and dancing flamenco, i can say that i've never seen a bullfight and a flamenco dance...that's in the south, and just a few people......
Well, Taiwan and Tibet were not conquered either. They have been Chinese territories longer than the Spanish went to the Americas. So get the facts straight or I will get tough on Spain.

I did say I like the South of Spain and of course I know that the rest of Spain is different. I just happened to have friends in Andalucia (Granada) who is a well known Chinese flamenco dancer.

Maria dolores is a Spanish singer ... you are probably too young to know her.
Old July 14th, 2006, 10:19 PM   #10
WhiteMagick

Likes (Received): 882

Yo conozco mucho para Espana! Yo estoy aprendiendo espanol. Quiero ver mas fotografias de ciudades grandes como Madrid y Barcelona por favor! Habla ud juedoespanol? esta ud juedo?
WhiteMagick no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2006, 11:28 PM   #11
zazo
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteMagick
Yo conozco mucho para Espana! Yo estoy aprendiendo espanol. Quiero ver mas fotografias de ciudades grandes como Madrid y Barcelona por favor! Habla ud juedoespanol? esta ud juedo?
¿Eres chino?, ¿no tienes la letra Ñ en tu teclado? si puedo pondré fotos de estas ciudades y de otras, y hablo judeoespañol, es fácil, pero no soy judio, desciendo de judios como todos los españoles.
Old July 15th, 2006, 01:08 AM   #12
zazo
BANNED

MADRID !¡

Retiro park

The only public sculpture dedicated to the evil in the world:

Prado museum

Gran Via:

Alcala street

Atocha station:

Bank of Spain

Plaza de España

Plaza de Cibeles

Alcala gate

Triomph arc

Reina Sofia museum

Thyssen museum

Azca district

North Madrid in 2007:

Madrid biggest cementery:

Puerta del Sol:

Colon square

National library

View of Princess street

The houses of Parliament

The Royal Palace

Orient square

Casa de campo park

Almudena Cathedral

Plaza Mayor

Puerta de america hotel

Artistic centre of Madrid

Plaza de la Villa

Madrid airport

THE SYMBOL OF MADRID

Forests in Madrid region:

And many other pictures i'll post other day, and even Barcelona, Bilbao, Valencia,Sevilla....

Last edited by zazo; July 15th, 2006 at 11:46 AM.
Old July 15th, 2006, 11:44 PM   #13
Sen

Likes (Received): 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by YelloPerilo
Chinese think that the Spanish people like torreros and eat paellas the whole day long. Siesta is very important because of the hot weather and they would say olé whenever they are happy. Spain is a small country without much resources that's why in the past they had to steal other peoples' land and wealth in many parts of the world. They also forced other people to convert to christianity and commited genocides and slaver trade.
well most chinese are not that informed..
they think of madrid, barcelona real madrid, flamenco, Carmen, bullfighting blah blah...
Sen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2006, 11:53 PM   #14
Sen

Likes (Received): 15

and tang gi ke de (the guy who challenge windmill to a duel)
Sen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2006, 12:36 AM   #15
YelloPerilo
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sen
and tang gi ke de (the guy who challenge windmill to a duel)
You mean Cervante's Don Quichote. I love that book when I was a kid.
Old July 16th, 2006, 03:59 AM   #16
z0rg
Ironborn member

Likes (Received): 8054

tang gi ke de, lol, Don Quijote in pinyin! That's really cool...

Do you guys know about Spanish cuisine? That's something most Spaniards are very proud of. 99% think that it's the best and healthier one in the world... (I don't support that idea though) However, our cuisine remains quite unknown outside Europe and the Americas.

More than 300 supertall projects on going in China.
z0rg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2006, 11:00 AM   #17
jingtian59
jingtian59

Likes (Received): 7

Why nobody talk about Spanish music?
Alejandro sanz: ( 西班牙歌神,连续3届拉丁葛莱美最佳男歌手 )

song:
Y Solo Se Me Ocurre Amarte
Cuando Nadie Me Ve
latortura

another Spanish pop music:
She bangs

Last edited by jingtian59; August 3rd, 2006 at 02:54 AM.
jingtian59 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2006, 12:47 PM   #18
YelloPerilo
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by z0rg
tang gi ke de, lol, Don Quijote in pinyin! That's really cool...

Do you guys know about Spanish cuisine? That's something most Spaniards are very proud of. 99% think that it's the best and healthier one in the world... (I don't support that idea though) However, our cuisine remains quite unknown outside Europe and the Americas.
Yeah, I like the Spanish cuisine a lot as well, IMO much bettr than the Portuguese cuisine. I enjoyed the food very much whenever I visit my friens in Spain, particularly fresh products from the farmers in the villages. So simple and yet so tasty! Oh, and the tinto de verano is addictive!!!
Old July 16th, 2006, 02:44 PM   #19
gaoanyu

I think to refer to Spain, common Chinese people would come up with: Bull fighting, spanish dancing, real madrid and barcelona football clubs, Enrique Iglesias, Colombus+da Gama.
gaoanyu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2006, 04:03 PM   #20
lokery

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by YelloPerilo
这个西班牙人客气来问,就不要再扯殖民历史之类的,这些只会让人不高兴的,难道他在其他地方说中国坏话?
lokery no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: