daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Philippine Forums > Projects and Construction > Metro Manila Projects on the Rise

Metro Manila Projects on the Rise Proposals and U/C's in the capital, Metro Manila
» Makati | Pasig - Mandaluyong - San Juan | Quezon City | Taguig | Manila City and the rest of the Metro | Completed projects

Old March 30th, 2014, 01:55 AM   #41
solo_traveller

Likes (Received): 4

so is there a way this thread can have separate groups by developer or by developer/development? and also a general thread discussing tips/rules/guidelines for those yet to buy, those in the middle of purchase, and those experiencing issues. Seems to be it's still buyer beware, some education, and rules of the law. I'm a first time buyer (just paid the first 10% deposit), and I've clarified what I need the condo for (not to make money/investment that's for sure - but keen for it to offset cost of hotels when I am in M.Manila). I started renting via airbnb, and some unit owners are able to rent them to $100/day for 1 bed.
solo_traveller no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old April 26th, 2014, 08:23 PM   #42
ming88

Likes (Received): 0

i have units with Megaworld and recently received the CTBS. I was shocked to see their assigment fees (sale before turn over) is php 300,000 per unit. this is way above the unusual fees for other development, yet i have no recourse although this was not said to me when i purchased the units. Too late to back off but very disappointed indeed.
ming88 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2014, 02:50 PM   #43
rage30

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by solo_traveller View Post
so is there a way this thread can have separate groups by developer or by developer/development? and also a general thread discussing tips/rules/guidelines for those yet to buy, those in the middle of purchase, and those experiencing issues. Seems to be it's still buyer beware, some education, and rules of the law. I'm a first time buyer (just paid the first 10% deposit), and I've clarified what I need the condo for (not to make money/investment that's for sure - but keen for it to offset cost of hotels when I am in M.Manila). I started renting via airbnb, and some unit owners are able to rent them to $100/day for 1 bed.
Is that here in the Philippines? Not bad for $100.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
rage30 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2014, 02:52 PM   #44
rage30

Quote:
Originally Posted by ming88 View Post
i have units with Megaworld and recently received the CTBS. I was shocked to see their assigment fees (sale before turn over) is php 300,000 per unit. this is way above the unusual fees for other development, yet i have no recourse although this was not said to me when i purchased the units. Too late to back off but very disappointed indeed.
Is that not supposed to be computed before you buy a unit and start paying them?

Old May 5th, 2014, 05:13 PM   #45
ming88

Unfortunately not. Was not there when I purchased it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rage30 View Post
Is that not supposed to be computed before you buy a unit and start paying them? Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
ming88 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2014, 08:40 PM   #46
cherrybustos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_face View Post
Pardon my ignorance, are there any developers who are reliable in Manila?
Yes there is and its Ayala Land, the brand says it all. :-)
cherrybustos no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2014, 08:45 PM   #47
cherrybustos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulidia View Post
This is a much needed thread and one that I will read with interest.

Personally, being based in UK and awaiting the turnover of two units, I'm already rather frustrated. Initially turnover was due in 2012 but was delayed which I fully expected and had no real problems with.

However, it is the developer's lack of communication and, more so, inability to advise on turnover dates that I am finding annoying. In late May 2013, I received an email from the developer to advise that the units would be available for turnover in July.

Then, at start of July when I sought confirmation, they advised turnover would now be "around September" but could not yet, and still have to, confirm an actual date. I'm concerned, given I need to prepare in advance for trips to the Philippines (esp. regarding time off work) that the developer thinks I can, or will, just drop all my other responsibilities to accept turnover at a time that suits them.
There might be changes on the given turnover dates so better that youre sure of the exact date when will your unit be available for turnover.
cherrybustos no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2014, 12:04 PM   #48
hicCupNoodle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_face View Post
Pardon my ignorance, are there any developers who are reliable in Manila?
Well for me, DMCI is the one. I'm currently staying in one of DMCI's project. My mom and I used to live in Ayala Land but then we left and chose to stay in a house. Now that i'm in the right age, I decided to live in condo again but didn't chose Ayala Land for some reasons rather I chose DMCI.

Last edited by hicCupNoodle; August 12th, 2014 at 12:10 PM.
hicCupNoodle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2014, 06:50 AM   #49
smdc_chateauelysee

SMDC Turn over problem

Hi I have same problem the unit was turned over last November 30, 2014 not knowing that this is a problem unit. The previous complained the unit and SMDC did not fix it before selling it to me. Read my blog and share please. http://manilacondobusiness.wordpress.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocnut View Post
I've been looking at the other threads and some (like Trion's) have been very helpful in getting the unit buyers together to sort out issues.

At the same time, I'm learning now that it's becoming a common practice (or problem?) for developers to transfer ownership to their unit buyers some time after. In some cases, it takes about a year.

With this in mind, and with the permission of the Moderators, I hope that we can start this thread so that we can help each other by warning each other about unsound business practices and things to look out for.
smdc_chateauelysee no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2014, 06:53 AM   #50
smdc_chateauelysee

Check your unit before accept it

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrybustos View Post
There might be changes on the given turnover dates so better that youre sure of the exact date when will your unit be available for turnover.
Hi, before you accept the unit please double check the unit.
http://manilacondobusiness.wordpress.com/
smdc_chateauelysee no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2014, 07:04 AM   #51
rage30

Nov 2014?