search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > دار زايـــد United Arab Emirates

دار زايـــد United Arab Emirates The exciting new world in Dubai , Abu Dhabi and other Emirates

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 10th, 2005, 06:33 PM   #21
DubaiDream

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxb_raptor
good reason to keep my cash where its safer!
yes. Finance theory would suggest less risk, less reward.
DubaiDream no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 10th, 2005, 06:38 PM   #22
FWIW

Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubaiDream
Bubbles always burst...thats why they are called Bubbles.
Long term trend growth is not a bubble - its sustainable growth
Theres an element of bubble in Dubai property because of recent oil price growth and low interest rates, but in my opinion this is offset by more fundamental factors dxb.
Bubbles are very hard to define...

You never really know if you are in one, but you do know when they burst...
FWIW no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2005, 06:53 PM   #23
Imre
Dubai

Likes (Received): 315

Dubai government to guarantee capital of investors

The government of Dubai will guarantee capital invested in projects in the emirate, General Shaikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Crown Prince of Dubai and UAE Defense Minister said in an interview published in a local Arabic newspaper.
"Dubai will not allow any (investor) to lose ... If anyone's investment in Dubai regresses, and if the capital regresses, then the government of Dubai will give him, and it will buy what he has invested in," Gen. Shaikh Mohammed said.
Gen. Shaikh Mohammed, who is the driving force behind multi-billion dollar projects that have placed the emirate on the world map, told the paper: "I hate failure, and I can't stand it."
The goal to develop Dubai into a tourism hub, he said, stemmed from a conversation he had with Arab ministers at an early age while visiting Kuwait.
Gen. Shaikh Mohammed interrupted the conversation of the dignitaries and asked, "Why don't our countries in the Gulf, and in particular Dubai become promoters of tourism? ... If I remember, no one listened to me.
"So I repeated the question, and I said that I was thinking of making Dubai a center of tourism and to place it on the international tourism map."
Since that day, Gen. Shaikh Mohammed said in the government daily, "the competition thermometer increased and Dubai now has become as I dreamed, five million tourists travel to it [annually], and in 2010 we expect 15 million tourists from all over the world."
Last month, Dubai announced plans to build "Dubailand", a scheme to give the Arab world its own version of Disneyland. Gen. Shaikh Mohammed said the theme park would be completed after three years at a cost of Dh18 billion ($4.9 billion).
"The return on every project [in Dubailand] will be 18 per cent, where will you find such a return on investment and in what country?" he replied when asked how he would attract investors to the project.
Oil revenues account for only eight per cent of Dubai's general budget,.
With tourism revenues and trade accounting for the remainder. Seventy per cent of the emirate's imports are re-exported, Gen. Shaikh Mohammed said.
"Dubai has become an important financial center, with its own weight and importance. Dubai has achieved a silk road in the sky ... Emirates airlines started with two planes and with a start-up capital of $12 million. Today the airline's fleet consists of 60 aircraft and within two years or three the number will multiply to 120," he said.
Imre no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2005, 06:54 PM   #24
Imre
Dubai

Dubai will not allow any (investor) to lose ...
Old January 11th, 2005, 10:38 AM   #25
DubaiDream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imre
Dubai will not allow any (investor) to lose ...
Largely marketing talk, easy to say, its not completely in his hands, he doesnt possess a blank cheque book
DubaiDream no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2005, 10:43 AM   #26
DUBAI
Under the Burj

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubaiDream
Largely marketing talk, easy to say, its not completely in his hands, he doesnt possess a blank cheque book
by investor, does he mean anyone? just locals?
or anyone who buys in large volumes?
Old January 11th, 2005, 02:48 PM   #27
juiced
go with the flow

Likes (Received): 2

Theres a guy that purchased 10 floors in the current finished Dubai Marina towers by EMAAR.. All of them are empty
juiced no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2005, 02:54 PM   #28
arfie

Likes (Received): 55

Surprised to hear that I heard that if there was anything available in dubai at the moment to rent it would go with in 2 seconds. I cant believe this persons whole 10 floors are empty. Thats a pretty bad sign.
arfie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2005, 07:50 PM   #29
Imre
Dubai

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiced
Theres a guy that purchased 10 floors in the current finished Dubai Marina towers by EMAAR.. All of them are empty

He want to rent ?
Old January 11th, 2005, 08:05 PM   #30
juiced
go with the flow

Likes (Received): 2

I've no idea, he might possibly be deranged
juiced no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2005, 10:34 PM   #31
AlMillion

Likes (Received): 1

Someone bought 2 whole floors (penthouse floors) in the Marina Heights tower as well ... I think some very rich people are just sitting on their investments & can't be bothered with the hassle of renting
AlMillion no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2005, 09:02 PM   #32
SamSam

So will all of these new buildings just be ghost towns? If most of the buyers are just rich investors who won't even be there, then what type of lifestyle will one expect while actually living in the building?
At least you'll have the pool and facilities all to yourself :-)

Are there any photos online for one of these completed towers in Marina?
SamSam no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2005, 09:33 PM   #33
Dubai_Boy
I love Abu Dhabi.

Likes (Received): 2356

Sam Sam go to Dubai tower development section , you will find what u need over there
Old April 20th, 2016, 08:33 AM   #34
Durise

Likes (Received): 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by californiajeff View Post
I was wondering if anybody was aware of the current real estate market for foreigners in Dubai? What are prices like right now? I hear foreigners can only buy property on the man-made islands such as the Palms or the World...
Dubai real estate market is on the rise. Dubai’s property market over the past 14 years has captured the attention of the region’s wealthy. And despite challenges to the UAE’s economic growth in the short term due to the global headwinds to growth, Dubai’s appeal does not appear to have been dented.” Read more about Dubai's current real estate condition from here.
Durise no está en línea   Reply With Quote