search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > دار زايـــد United Arab Emirates

دار زايـــد United Arab Emirates The exciting new world in Dubai , Abu Dhabi and other Emirates

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 13th, 2006, 04:30 AM   #21
Ruminative

Likes (Received): 0

Care to elaborate why mackie? Just curious...

Sponsored Links
Old December 13th, 2006, 04:32 AM   #22
Krazy
Kool Kat

Likes (Received): 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackie1964 View Post
As this is UAE Forum, shouldn't we have at least one Emirati Moderator !
It's something we have discussed often. The only emirati forumer we believe would make a good mod is smussuw. I dont see much creative and active participation from any other emirati forumer.

Unfortunately, smussuw isn't in some mods' good books so it's not that simple. Also, Jan assigns mods only when it's needed.
Krazy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2006, 05:43 AM   #23
luv2bebrown

Likes (Received): 109

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubaiflo View Post

u wanted to become a mod actually
AHAHAHAHA i remember that? DUBAI werent you "moderately" pissed that you dint become a moderator?
luv2bebrown no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2006, 07:59 PM   #24
mackie1964

Likes (Received): 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruminative View Post
Care to elaborate why mackie? Just curious...
  • The Forum is about their country / emirate.
  • It would reduce some of the bad vibes I am getting reading some of the comments.
  • I do not believe in banning anybody no matter what view they might hold, people come around through discussion/education.
  • They understand much more about some issues like their Culture, Traditions, Local customs, Religion.....etc.
mackie1964 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2006, 08:12 PM   #25
Krazy
Kool Kat

Quote:
  • The Forum is about their country / emirate.
  • It would reduce some of the bad vibes I am getting reading some of the comments.
  • I do not believe in banning anybody no matter what view they might hold, people come around through discussion/education.
  • They understand much more about some issues like their Culture, Traditions, Local customs, Religion.....etc.
* The country might be "theirs" but it's in the hearts of a lot of others, "outsiders" who might even consider it to be their own home
* what bad vibes are you getting and from reading what?
* There are other forums out there that share your views on not banning anyone no matter what - perhaps you'd be a better fit there. As for SSC, it's not a democratic forum. There are certain rules that all forumers have to follow.
* Dubai is anything but one culture. Surely emiratis understand emirati culture better than anyone else, but like Altin would say.. let's not hide our faces in the sand and believe that Dubai is all about the emirati culture.

None of the reasons you have given justify assigning an emirati mod when there is no need for an extra mod.
Old December 13th, 2006, 08:24 PM   #26
Emirati_Girl
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

sorry i don't agree with u..

it must be a one emirati atleast and i nominate smussuw or DG
Emirati_Girl no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2006, 08:30 PM   #27
dubaiflo
Back in the Sandpit

DG?? a girl??

an emirati, ok, but a GIRL??

in my role as the forum sexist, i stronly DISAGREE!!
dubaiflo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2006, 08:31 PM   #28
mackie1964

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
* The country might be "theirs" but it's in the hearts of a lot of others, "outsiders" who might even consider it to be their own home
* what bad vibes are you getting and from reading what?
* There are other forums out there that share your views on not banning anyone no matter what - perhaps you'd be a better fit there. As for SSC, it's not a democratic forum. There are certain rules that all forumers have to follow.
* Dubai is anything but one culture. Surely emiratis understand emirati culture better than anyone else, but like Altin would say.. let's not hide our faces in the sand and believe that Dubai is all about the emirati culture.

None of the reasons you have given justify assigning an emirati mod when there is no need for an extra mod.
Your views are not much better than the people you and your colleagues banned. So put up, have no view or shut up....Great

Take the Blinkers off or learn to use the on line translator.......

And before you go thinking about banning me, wait until I post some photos while I am in Dubai in a couple of weeks.
Old December 13th, 2006, 08:37 PM   #29
Emirati_Girl
BANNED

Quote:
DG?? a girl??

an emirati, ok, but a GIRL??

in my role as the forum sexist, i stronly DISAGREE!!
Yes true!! Do u have any blood from the Nazis PPL??!!

The average of how women think and decide is more better than the men ,, who do nothing , but just feed their stomachs and drive to the job O_O

Oh flo , u r just a teenager , when u grow up u will understand more about the life ^_^
Old December 13th, 2006, 08:37 PM   #30
Krazy
Kool Kat

Quote:
Your views are not much better than the people you and your colleagues banned. So put up, have no view or shut up....Great

Take the Blinkers off or learn to use the on line translator.......

And before you go thinking about banning me, wait until I post some photos while I am in Dubai in a couple of weeks.

Why would I ban you? Again, you haven't really pointed out what it is exactly that is bothering you so much? Who's ban are you referring to? Online translator what??

Again, this forum is not a democracy and this is not something I or malec have made up - it's the rule set by Jan (the owner of skyscrapercity.com) himself.

So as long as you're here, you'll indeed need to "put up, have no view or shut up" as you understand it
Old December 13th, 2006, 08:40 PM   #31
dubaiflo
Back in the Sandpit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emirati_Girl View Post
Yes true!! Do u have any blood from the Nazis PPL??!!

The average of how women think and decide is more better than the men ,, who do nothing , but just feed their stomachs and drive to the job O_O

Oh flo , u r just a teenager , when u grow up u will understand more about the life ^_^

how much older than i are you? one year?

but i see this forum is full of emancipation, i must confess probably..

i vote for EG and DG as moderators, ban Malec and Krazy and Dubai_lover!!
Old December 13th, 2006, 08:47 PM   #32
luv2bebrown

lol @ the immaturity of some of the forumers here.

this is a private website. a private forum. this is not a democracy. never has been and never will be. the reason there are moderators around is to keep discussions productive and not use up useful bandwith (which Jan is nice enough to offer us for free) insulting each other. if religious discussions and the like could be conducted in a mature manner in the UAE forum, then by all means let there be such discussions. History, however, has shown us religious discussions in the forum create useless flame wars. this forum will become like Yahoo messageboards without proper moderation.

therefore, the role of the moderator really is not to keep us happy, but to keep the forum running how jan wants it run - clean, informative and efficient. i think Krazy is doing a great job of that.

at this point, there is no need for an Emirati mod because right now the forum needs just one UAE moderator and we already have one. In the future, if there is need for another mod then yes perhaps we can get an Emirati mod. Smussuw would be a good choice but like Krazy said, hes not the most favored forumer in the eyes of Jan and other mods. So until then, maybe Smussuw could try to shore up some support from the mods in preparation for his "mod bid."
and in keeping with the traditional UAE view of things... if you dont like it here leave
Old December 13th, 2006, 08:55 PM   #33
mackie1964

[QUOTE=luv2bebrown;10865067]the immaturity of some of the forumers here.

Old December 13th, 2006, 09:10 PM   #34
luv2bebrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2bebrown View Post
a bold statement coming from me I know
Old December 13th, 2006, 09:15 PM   #35
Krazy
Kool Kat

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2bebrown View Post

this is a private website. a private forum. this is not a democracy. never has been and never will be. the reason there are moderators around is to keep discussions productive and not use up useful bandwith (which Jan is nice enough to offer us for free) insulting each other. if religious discussions and the like could be conducted in a mature manner in the UAE forum, then by all means let there be such discussions. History, however, has shown us religious discussions in the forum create useless flame wars. this forum will become like Yahoo messageboards without proper moderation.

therefore, the role of the moderator really is not to keep us happy, but to keep the forum running how jan wants it run - clean, informative and efficient. i think Krazy is doing a great job of that.

at this point, there is no need for an Emirati mod because right now the forum needs just one UAE moderator and we already have one. In the future, if there is need for another mod then yes perhaps we can get an Emirati mod. Smussuw would be a good choice but like Krazy said, hes not the most favored forumer in the eyes of Jan and other mods. So until then, maybe Smussuw could try to shore up some support from the mods in preparation for his "mod bid."
and in keeping with the traditional UAE view of things... if you dont like it here leave
I cudnt have put it any better

one correction though, there are three UAE mods right now, two of which are active enough for the forums to run smoothly
Old December 13th, 2006, 10:45 PM   #36
dubaiflo
Back in the Sandpit

and as a matter of fact, did anyone actually ASK smussuw if he would like to be a moderator?

i doubt he wants

oh btw, regarding this immaturity of some forumers, whoever you might talk about, don't u think it adds a certain funny flavour to the whole thing ?
Old December 13th, 2006, 10:48 PM   #37
Emirati_Girl
BANNED

say the name ,, r u scaring!
Old December 14th, 2006, 02:17 AM   #38
luv2bebrown

Quote:
oh btw, regarding this immaturity of some forumers, whoever you might talk about, don't u think it adds a certain funny flavour to the whole thing ?
i was talkin about immaturity, not sexism so youre in the clear
Old December 14th, 2006, 01:22 PM   #39
DG
Emirian Lady

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
i vote for EG and DG as moderators, ban Malec and Krazy and Dubai_lover!!
i can't imagine this

btw, where is Dubai Boy??! he is expert without any doubt.
DG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2006, 03:16 PM   #40
thedubailife
To Infinty and Beyond

Good question where is Dubai Boy once he was so active.

My suggestion is simple why do we have all the threads at the bottom on this page.

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=377

Surly most of the topics fit in to Sky Majlis http://www.skyscrapercity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=535

So this UAE page

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=377

Should not have any threads after the Chat n Pics section

Confueses the hell out of people they never know if to post there or Sky Majlis.

Also a section called Investment Talk maybe just under Sky Majlis but limit it to one thread and no more to be created

It will make naviagtion easier and forum tidy.

There is nothing wrong with a Lady moderator it would be good, So DG and EG for Moderator.....one of the Two
thedubailife no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
uae