search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > دار زايـــد United Arab Emirates

دار زايـــد United Arab Emirates The exciting new world in Dubai , Abu Dhabi and other Emirates

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 22nd, 2004, 10:13 AM   #21
SA BOY
South Straddie QLD

Likes (Received): 407

wouldent mind knowing about the 82 story one

Sponsored Links
Old July 22nd, 2004, 10:14 AM   #22
SA BOY
South Straddie QLD

so pinnacle is due to be 750m. This is the one on the palm. We will go to the office today and take a snap or 10
Old July 22nd, 2004, 10:22 AM   #23
Trances
, , and , Fade to Black.

Likes (Received): 35

yer now that makes sense they still want to do but not so sure of the location yet !
So to towers 750 meters hmm thats kinda scary for the Burj
yer I would like to know about the 82 floor one
And the others as well as I dont like those blanks is SZR
Old July 22nd, 2004, 11:51 AM   #24
AltinD
The Modecator

Likes (Received): 5912

Comming from Trade Center Roundabout into the Trade Center Road, just after the new Etisalat plot, is a Emarat Petrol Station, right after it a new board was up, no drowing of any building but in the dark I got a glimse of "Atkins" written on it.

Better to check it out.
AltinD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2004, 05:09 PM   #25
BulldozerGirl

Likes (Received):

Isn't Burj Dubai supposed to be 705 m, and now the Pinnacle is 750 m? So it's the new world tallest?
Old July 24th, 2004, 08:48 AM   #26
SA BOY
South Straddie QLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altind_Carnut
Comming from Trade Center Roundabout into the Trade Center Road, just after the new Etisalat plot, is a Emarat Petrol Station, right after it a new board was up, no drowing of any building but in the dark I got a glimse of "Atkins" written on it.

Better to check it out.
thats the board for the Zabeel park works
Old July 24th, 2004, 02:05 PM   #27
AltinD
The Modecator

Likes (Received): 5912

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA BOY
thats the board for the Zabeel park works
Yeah, I saw that yesterday.
AltinD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2004, 06:15 PM   #28
BulldozerGirl

Likes (Received):

The plans to develop Lulu Island theme park have been scrapped by Abu Dhabi.

We don't get enough news about developments in other emirates over here. sultan on SSP used to give updates and pics of Sharjah developments. Can someone summarise the projects going on outside Dubai and make project threads for them?
Old July 31st, 2004, 06:46 PM   #29
BulldozerGirl

Likes (Received):

Some posts from SSP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sultan
these are some photos I took for under construction buildings in sharjah .... I used my phone camra .. and thats why they are not clear :uhh: ... sorry guys ... I forgot to take my camra

almost all these buildings are more than 38 floors high .. exept some of them.
one of them is 46 floors high.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qatar4Ever
Centre for Applied Research and Training (CERT), Abu Dhabi

A concept for a City of Science and Technology in Abu Dhabi.

Ahmed Janahi Architecture (www.aajarchi.com) was successful with a linear concept incorporating a monorail system that links the six institute elements with a landmark tower providing centralised amenities and facilities for the whole development, as well as housing CERT administration, strategic partnerships and business incubators.

The proposed features include:

An auditorium and restaurants reinforce the function of the tower as the hub of the development
Provision for residence allowed for visiting faculty members and experts

Quote:
Im sure the new building of sharjah's chamber of commerce will be the biggest governmental building in Sharjah...(if not in UAE).
this building is underconstruction and going to finish at the end of this year ...it looks like a star from top view and has 5 dooms ... 4 at the sides and a huge one at the middle top..... (I will try to get a clear pic later).

sheikh sultan checking the building's model yesterday.
Quote:
this new tower is underconstruction now in Sharjah at khalid lake ..... it has the first rotating resturant in UAE on the top of the tower (that was written at the board at the construction site) ....... seriously this tower will transform Sharjah's skyline for ever ... it is one of the most beautiful towers I have ever seen ....Its around 52 or 53 floors high ....... check the pic at the tower's website : http://www.sahabtwr.ae/
Quote:
Sharjah: Come December and the hour-long wait on Al Ittihad Road for Dubai-bound motorists from Sharjah will be history.

According to a new road project announced by the Sharjah government, a 5km freeway will come up by the year-end linking Al Nahda Interchange and Emirates Road, giving motorists the option of taking the largely bottleneck-free ring road to travel to Dubai.

The details of the construction project for phase two of Sharjah Ring Road between Al Nahda Link Road and Emirates Road were announced by Khawla Al Noman, director general of Sharjah Directorate of Public Works.

The Dh100 million project has been approved by His Highness Dr Sheikh Sultan bin Mohammed Al Qasimi, Member of Supreme Council and Ruler of Sharjah.

The freeway will provide a link between Al Nahda Road and Junction No. 8 on Emirates Road, allowing motorists easy access in and out of Sharjah, specially from Al Khan and Al Nahda areas. The project is part of the total of 32km-long Sharjah Ring Road, which will be completed in at least five phases.

The road between Al Nahda and Emirates Road will be a dual three-lane freeway with several slip roads, services roads and four interchanges. The Sharjah Government has already awarded the contract for construction. The estimated cost of Sharjah Ring Road is about Dh630 million.

Construction on the first phase of the massive Sharjah road improvement project – dubbed "Sharjah Town Road Network" has already started.

It includes extending the Emirates Road from Dubai-Sharjah border to Sharjah-Ajman border. The 14.4km stretch of highway will cost Dh163.7 million. This section of the highway also forms part of Sharjah Ring Road, which will ultimately encircle the city.

Starting from the Sharjah-Dubai border on the Emirates Road, the ring road will continue towards Ajman's border. It then turns northwest, parallel to the Sharjah-Ajman border and connects with the existing Sharjah-Ras Al Khaimah Road adjacent to the Al Wasit Power Station.

In the next phase, the road continues from Wasit station to Al Arouba Street, which will be part of the ring road. Al Arouba Street will be upgraded with the removal of the existing roundabouts and bridges. It will also be widened and turned into a freeway.

The ring road then extends to Al Khan Road and crosses Al Khan Lagoon, turning towards Sahara Centre in Al Nahda area. It connects with Al Nahda Interchange and then continues along Al Nahda Link Road linking the Emirates Highway at Junction No. 8.

Flyovers are also being constructed at the National Paints roundabout and the Al Thiqah Club roundabout.

Interchange replaces existing bridge
* Construction of a cloverleaf intersection has started at Intersection No. 3 on the Sharjah-Dhaid Road and a full cloverleaf intersection will be constructed adjacent to the Al Wasit Power Station.

* To ease traffic on Al Wahda Road, a cloverleaf intersection will be built at Al Khan Roundabout while another semi-cloverleaf intersection will be built at the King Faisal Roundabout removing the existing bridge.

source: GulfNews

thanx God that means no more old narrow bridges and we can tour sharjah faster than ever
Quote:
this tower is going to be built soon at "alkan lake" in Sharjah ..... as I mentioned before this brand new lake was made for super tall towers only ......
you can see the bridge over the canal in this pic ..... the land of the tower worth 20 million AED ... bcz lands at the new lake are so expensive .... that makes all the new towers there super tall ....

the head of Sharjah town planing department told his son whose my friend that all the lands overlooking the new lake were sold to investors who are welling to build new towers. and yea Go_UAE he told him that the new sharjah world trade center gonna be built soon ... and it wont be canseled ..bcz shiekh Sultan wonna see it standing tall at that man made island.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruminative
Al Ayaan Sharjah Gate Tower

structural height : 223.62 m
floors (max overground) : 56
construction : 2006
Building type : high-rise building
Usage : condominium

Al Ayaan Lulu Tower

structural height : 221.99 m
floors (max overground) : 54
units (total) : 456
construction : 2003 to 2006
Building type : high-rise building
Facade color : gray
Usage : rental apartments

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruminative
this website says its a tower... anyone been to fujairah? seen this around?? i haven't seen it... is it completed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazy

Abu Dhabi will have a state-of-the-art elevated monorail with a frequency of less than five minutes from and to the city, municipality officials said. The proposed project is part of a Dh25.806 billion Master Transport Plan for Abu Dhabi up to the year 2020, which includes construction of bridges, intersections, inner bypass routes, and headways. The monorail will have fully air-conditioned stations and boarding platforms. The officials said at a workshop held to discuss the master plan, which has been commissioned by Abu Dhabi Municipality's road section, that the project was proposed as an alternative to improve public transportation system.

Strategies in the plan focus on maintaining and enhancing transportation system performance, improving traffic and pedestrian safety, promoting transportation system accessibility to all, coordinating land development and transportation planning, and minimising environmental impacts of the transportation system.

The biggest Mosque in this part of the world will be completed in the near future and will be a land mark for the Emirates. The Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Mosque will shortly become an important landmark in the Muslim world. The mosque covering an area of 50,000 square meter will have the capacity to accommodate ten thousands of worshipers.

In order to ensure optimum utilization of this magnificent Islamic landmark, it is essential that efficient and fast means of transportation is available for the worshipers wanting to say their prayers.

This will be the Abu Dhabi Magno-Jet connecting
• the Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Mosque,
• the City centre,
• Abu Dhabi Airport as well as
• the Lulu Resort Island and
• the Exebition Centre.
• And later Al Ain

The "Sheikh Zayed Magno-Jet" will ensure, that
• Thousands of worshipers are transported in time from the city centre, or elsewhere, within the Emirates in reasonably time like on a “Flying Carpet”.
• The Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan mosque will become accessable from all over Abu Dhabi and Al Ain.
• The Magno station at the designated locations can be either under ground or partially embedded under the surface to ensure esthetics of historic sites remain intact.
• The Sheikh Zayed MagnoJet is capable to transport up to 1000 passengers per train (with staying places), which will be sufficient to deal with huge volumes of prayers.

The mass movement of passenger traffic on the ground is on the verge of great transformation since: the highly successful commercial operations of Magno Trains in Germany and China where world’s first Magnatic Levitation commercial train outside Germany became a reality in form of the Shanghai Meglev Transportation Scheme. The same system is in advance stage of implementation in a number of Asian countries.

The Magno TransCar System is :
- fast (up to 600 km/h)
- frictionless (hoovering smoothly with very litle energy-used)
- economic (no rotating parts),
- safe (no impact by sandstorms)
- multifunctional (Cars, Trucks, Cargo, Oil and Gas, Passengers, militaries)
- noiseless (important for cities)
- strong climbing (at 10% gradient versus 4% wheel-trains)
- very small radius (1/4 th of wheel-train)
- eXtra-Large (XL Second Generation – 5 m wide Wagons)
- fast to be build (in Shanghai within 18 months)
- capable of taking heavier load of 50Tons (as compared to 15Tons of wheeled carriages)

o Time is very essential to synchronise the opening of the Mosque with the inauguration of the “Sheikh Zayed Magno”, which will provide a great attention all over the Muslim world to the opening of this grand place of worship.

o The leisure Island Lulu can also be linked to the city by the Sheikh Zayed MagnoJet. This will boost the capacity/frequency of recreation seeking people.

Besides the Route between - the City of Abu Dhabi and the Mosque-,
an additional link will provide a connection to Abu Dhabi airport and later Ail Ain and Dubai. This will make it easy for the passengers / visitors to transit between various important locations with ease and in comfort.

In any case:
The MagnoJet eases the traffic between the two major cities of the Emirate, being ferried with the personal car piggybacked onto the Magno Jet TransCar within 20 minutes between the Cities.

It is known, that nearly no Arabian goes without his car. The MagnoJet is build to accommodate this deserved way of life in the most modern way (besides transporting passengers).
Hence in the overall picture: linking the
• City and the airport of Abu Dhabi with
• Jabal Ali and the
• City of Dubai
will increase the traffic of the Abu Dhabi Airport (10 minutes Access) and may reduce the necessety to build a new airport in Jabal Ali.

Old August 2nd, 2004, 01:05 AM   #30
Krazy
Kool Kat

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulldozerGirl
The plans to develop Lulu Island theme park have been scrapped by Abu Dhabi.
What???? Are you sure?? How and when did you find out about this !?
Krazy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2004, 01:23 AM   #31
Krazy
Kool Kat

Quote:
Isn't Burj Dubai supposed to be 705 m, and now the Pinnacle is 750 m? So it's the new world tallest?
No way is Pinnacle gonna be the tallest?? I was hoping that theyd get rid of it and put the mosque back in the plan and now you're telling me its gonna be taller than the awesome BD too???? If this happens...... Dubai has dissapointed me atleast if not anyone else of ya'll !

BTW..... The Pinnacle design sux !!!!!
Old August 2nd, 2004, 08:05 AM   #32
Trances
, , and , Fade to Black.

Great photos
How could you get forget your CAM !
Hmmm i want to get out to sharjah and get some photos
Pinicale is just a vision for now
Old August 2nd, 2004, 02:05 PM   #33
BulldozerGirl

Likes (Received):

Quote:
What???? Are you sure?? How and when did you find out about this !?
I was searching for more info about the Lulu Island project, and I came across an article on the UAEinteract.com site (the official site of the UAE's Ministry of Information and Culture) which said that the plans to develop Lulu Island into a theme park and resort have been shelved by Abu Dhabi's government because they said the amount of money they would have to spend on it should first be used to develop things that are of a higher priority. I think they were probably put off by the huge Dubailand development. It was an AFP article.

I also hate the Pinnacle's design. Actually, its not that bad if it was a normal skyscraper, not the world's tallest. But anyway, the design doesn't suit the city of Dubai and it doesn't suit the Palm Island theme at all. I say we export it to Tel Aviv, where it belongs.

I am going to Abu Dhabi this Saturday, but I'm not sure if I'll be taking many pics, since I would look odd among a group of women shoppers.
Old August 2nd, 2004, 05:13 PM   #34
smussuw
Patriotic Emirati

Likes (Received): 529

Quote:
No way is Pinnacle gonna be the tallest?? I was hoping that theyd get rid of it and put the mosque back in the plan and now you're telling me its gonna be taller than the awesome BD too???? If this happens...... Dubai has dissapointed me atleast if not anyone else of ya'll !

BTW..... The Pinnacle design sux !!!!!
After the 1st announcement in may last year for BD (i think). Nakheel announced that it will build a 750m tower and we thought that it was like a rumer so lets just wait. or maybe let someone confrim it.
smussuw no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2004, 03:00 AM   #35
Krazy
Kool Kat

Check out the ssp diagram..... looks like the Pinnacle is going to be 750 meters after all... some one explain the logic of this to me.... two 700m plus towers? One so amazing and the other so ugly... why !?

SSP Dubai Diagram
Old August 3rd, 2004, 10:13 AM   #36
Dubai-Lover
Construction Paradise

Likes (Received): 5

well, i don't think it's that ugly. ok burj dubai is much more beautiful! i also think that palm island is the wrong location for a 750m tower. maybe they should build pinnacle on the continent and build a 300+ m tower on palm jumeirah. that would be enough.
Dubai-Lover no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2004, 12:08 AM   #37
Prince_Ahmed

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
I say we export it to Tel Aviv, where it belongs.

I.

what do you mean exactly by this comment BG.?
Prince_Ahmed no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2004, 03:45 AM   #38
BulldozerGirl

Likes (Received):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Ahmed
what do you mean exactly by this comment BG.?
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...=120497&page=2
Old August 4th, 2004, 08:01 AM   #39
Trances
, , and , Fade to Black.

i dont know I kinda agree
while common sense and good taste say dont do it
My lust for another amazing project that combines tallest towers with of coast islands and towering over lush land scape low rise and the like. I mean I know it a bad location but I dont care if would be a fantastic site. maybe e it should go on the 2nD Palm then as a the city center to the Core CBD there. ( Dang that project is going to be huge )
And I love current the design very modern in its own way ( no to futurism like others ) The Hollow atrium's and 3 pilers design are original. and a fact of the sheer size of straight building face 3/4 of a K high what a impact

Here is where I mean
Old August 5th, 2004, 01:23 PM   #40
Krazy
Kool Kat

Anyone have info on Dubai Outsourcing Zone and The Towers projects? Maybe its time for these projects to have their own threads?

Tags
projects, uae