search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > دار زايـــد United Arab Emirates

دار زايـــد United Arab Emirates The exciting new world in Dubai , Abu Dhabi and other Emirates

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 6th, 2004, 06:06 PM   #101
FWIW

Likes (Received): 3

Hello everyone! Been lurking here for ages, but now have a question that needs answering!

Yesterday, as I was looking at all the news about Palm 3, I thought to myself I'll have a look at the Major Projects.PDF http://www.gis.gov.ae/en/downloads/p...20Projects.pdf.

Didn't see Palm 3, but did see "The Pearl"!!!

Anybody know anything about this? I have googled, searched these newsgroups and cannot find anything about it!
FWIW no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 6th, 2004, 06:35 PM   #102
Dubai-Lover
Construction Paradise

Likes (Received): 5

forget about google, yahoo
if you search for something very special these are useless. i experienced this during my dubai researches on projects

we all recognized the pearl between the 2 palms, but we have no idea. it was just on this map, but no info, press releases or anything

i think it's nothing serious as palm deira is not on this map and has been released earlier

guess we have to wait till something goes public. what makes me doubt is that it is a government map, so it could be true, but everything is kept secret
Old October 6th, 2004, 11:08 PM   #103
Krazy
Kool Kat

Likes (Received): 35

Wait for the Pearl.. it's gonna be huge just like the World islands.
Krazy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2004, 01:57 AM   #104
Dubai_Boy
I love Abu Dhabi.

Likes (Received): 2354

ABU DHABI IS GETTING AN OBSERVATION TOWER !!!!

This is part of the Abu Dhabi marina mall by the break water expansion , i saw a render of it and the OBS tower looks great and somewhere in the region of 110-125 meters high

Old October 7th, 2004, 01:58 AM   #105
Dubai_Boy
I love Abu Dhabi.

Likes (Received): 2354

BYE BYE UGLY FOUNTAIN

This is something i`ve always wished for and it has atlast come true

Old October 7th, 2004, 09:45 AM   #106
juiced
go with the flow

Likes (Received): 2

So you have more info on the Pearl then, Krazy??
juiced no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2004, 09:49 AM   #107
SA BOY
South Straddie QLD

Likes (Received): 464

pearl is under construction and I have seen the piling rigs at work there as well as the site compounds and offices
Old October 7th, 2004, 09:56 AM   #108
SA BOY
South Straddie QLD

Likes (Received): 464

http://www.bbg-bbgm.com/ look under architecture then mixed use and see the tower in the JLT , F$%king awesome, looks like a rocket
Old October 7th, 2004, 10:15 AM   #109
smussuw
Patriotic Emirati

Likes (Received): 533

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubai_Boy
BYE BYE UGLY FOUNTAIN

This is something i`ve always wished for and it has atlast come true

why everone hates this fountain. ive never seen it but i also read in Ahwal Magazine a woman writing about how she hate this fountain.
smussuw no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2004, 10:40 AM   #110
Siberian

Likes (Received): 9254

Yeah, I think the fountain was quite OK! I liked it.
So weird to see the fountain area without the trees...

BTW The Observation Tower is the Great News!
Siberian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2004, 12:30 PM   #111
ahmedr

Likes (Received): 0

I've always hated that fountain!
ahmedr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2004, 01:29 PM   #112
Dubai-Lover
Construction Paradise

is there any rendetr for this tower?
Old October 7th, 2004, 01:39 PM   #113
Dubai-Lover
Construction Paradise

i guess this is a misunderstanding. sa boy - do you mean the the pearl as dubai pearl, tower complex with six towers?

i think we are talking about the artificial island project the pearl
Old October 7th, 2004, 02:23 PM   #114
Trances
, , and , Fade to Black.

Likes (Received): 35

yer that cofuse me with having two of them as well
Old October 7th, 2004, 06:36 PM   #115
FWIW

Likes (Received): 3

"THE PEARL" - artificial island in front of JBR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazy
Wait for the Pearl.. it's gonna be huge just like the World islands.
Come on Krazy!!! Don't leave us in suspense!!! Everyone can see how big it is from the PDF!!!! Have you got any more info???
FWIW no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2004, 05:51 PM   #116
Dubai-Lover
Construction Paradise

this could be interesting and decisive for new dubai towers

Cityscape 2004: Super-tall structure

Running alongside Cityscape 2004, the Cityscape conference this year will see leading industry professionals discuss the future of the burgeoning property development market in the region, and share their expert insights on attracting international investment and delivering sustainable solutions.

Cityscape 2004 is scheduled to take place between November 29 and December 1 at the Dubai International Exhibition Centre.

This premier property investment and development event attracts top architects, international and regional property investment and development experts and urban planners from the US, Europe, the Middle East and Far East.

"The Cityscape conference provides delegates with direct access to property markets the world over, a chance to network with the most powerful regional and international property investors and - most importantly - a learning experience like no other," said Neil Hickman, Cityscape project manager, IIR Middle East.

"Those who attend this year's conference will have the opportunity to gain first hand knowledge from prominent investors, developers, world-class architects and designers on key issues facing today's property development market including the challenges and opportunities that the Middle East region has to offer, methods to build investor confidence and the legal challenges of the Gulf construction boom."

Three pre-conference workshops will take place on November 28. These will focus on real estate finance and investment, controlling construction costs and project management for property developers.

"Every year we see a marked increase in the number of delegates who use Cityscape as an ideal opportunity to network and imbibe priceless knowledge from some of the industry's most well respected figures," added Hickman.

"Given the huge level of interest in the region's property development market and the calibre of the speakers at this year's conference, we're confident that this event will be our biggest and best ever."

Fred van Eijk, CEO, Qatar Tourism Authority, Sultan bin Sulayem, executive chairman, Nakheel, UAE, Dr Karim El Sohl, CEO, The National Investor, UAE and Esam Janahi, CEO, Gulf Finance House, Bahrain, are just some of the regional industry giants confirmed to speak at the conference."

Amongst the many international speakers expected at the conference, Adrian D. Smith, consulting partner, Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP (SOM), will share his insights on 'super tall structures' during a special focus section on architecture on day one.

This year, Cityscape will also feature the prestigious Cityscape Architectural Review Awards - "Design for an Emerging World". Working with the world-renowned Architectural Review magazine on this exciting event, Cityscape will recognise and promote excellence in the regional architecture and design industry.

Nad Al Sheba, the official venue for the prestigious Dubai World Cup, will host the awards ceremony scheduled to take place on November 29.

Cityscape is a network marketing event that attracts regional and international architects, property development professionals and global institutional investors to an annual showcase that celebrates the very best in Commercial Architecture, Property Design and Development.

The event as a whole attracts major investors from the international arena, looking for new projects and opportunities for development.
Old October 16th, 2004, 02:53 PM   #117
BinDubai
بـــــ ـدبي ــــــــــن

Likes (Received): 1

anything official on the Pearl island-Dubai ?
BinDubai no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2004, 01:28 PM   #118
Dubai-Lover
Construction Paradise

Abu Dhabi loses another landmark; Clock Tower on Corniche gives way to massive Dh800m redevelopment project

Yet another famous Abu Dhabi landmark has come down this time it is the Clock Tower facing the Corniche. One of the oldest and most recognisable structures downtown, the Clock Tower fell as a result of the redevelopment project. Its demolition is part of the ongoing Dh800-million improvement project. Planners said people should not feel disappointed because a new and more graceful clock tower will be built soon.

The replacement will be more than twice the height 70 metres of the original Clock Tower, and will form the centrepiece of a fashionable area with restaurants, shops and recreation centres as well as museums, fountains and parks.

The old Clock Tower's demolition over two days was a shock to many resident, especially because it was the first landmark visitors saw as they entered the city centre from the main Airport Road. It is the second oldest concrete landmark in the city to have been demolished. The first was the Twin Onion Tanks on Electra Street, which was torn down in the mid 1990s.

The Volcano Fountain, also a prominent landmark of Abu Dhabi, was levelled last month. Also known as the Shallal, or waterfall in Arabic, it will be replaced with a similar but larger structure.

In May, the famous GCC Roundabout near the InterContinental Hotel also gave way to the redevelopment. It has been demolished and replaced with a tunnel, linking Abu Dhabi International Airport with the soon-to-open Emirates Palace Hotel.

The roundabout was a cylindrical fountain, decorated with images of falcons and the flags of the six GCC states on six towers. It was built as a symbol of GCC unity before the first GCC meeting in 1991.

The next landmark scheduled for demolition is the Old Souq between Hamdan Street and Khalifa Street. It is likely to be demolished after Ramadan. A new market will be built to reflect a traditional Islamic souq. Abu Dhabi Municipality and Town Planning Department has already awarded the project to the Arab Engineering Bureau. The project is scheduled to be completed within 18 months and all original tenants will be allowed to move to the new market.

The shortage of parking spaces will be solved by an underground parking lot, while the market will also contain other facilities, such as mosques, restaurants, entertainment centres.
Old October 17th, 2004, 02:24 PM   #119
BulldozerGirl

Likes (Received):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazy
* Sheikh Zayed bridge: an 8 km four-lane bridge to connect Abu Dhabi with other emirates. The Sheikh Zayed bridge is targeted for completion in 2007.
I've heard about this bridge, but I have no idea what it would look like and how it would connect Abu Dhabi directly to other Emirates.

I heard it would extend along the entire coast. It would ruin the view! As if there's no land connecting them for them to build a bridge directly from AD island to the rest of the emirates.
Old October 17th, 2004, 02:26 PM   #120
Dubai-Lover
Construction Paradise

a small pdf about sz bridge

http://www.cowi.dk/projects/div07pro...2-047e-low.pdf

Tags
projects, uae