search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > دار زايـــد United Arab Emirates

دار زايـــد United Arab Emirates The exciting new world in Dubai , Abu Dhabi and other Emirates

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 1st, 2009, 01:33 PM   #121
docc

Likes (Received): 1

Why? What'd you hear?
docc no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 1st, 2009, 03:24 PM   #122
rexdmx

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardi View Post
Where is Chris O'Donnell ? I hope he is ok
what was that for? there was no report of him dying
Old March 1st, 2009, 03:56 PM   #123
ardi

Likes (Received): 2

Today in bloomberg there was a reprt from an independent source that one of the Nakheel officials had commited suicide. I thought this should be publish everywhere seems its not. I hope its just a bullshit.
ardi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2009, 04:43 PM   #124
dbxdude

im not sure its good to write that without a source.... there r so many rumours and it would be easy for some disgruntled employee to say that...

anyway the only news from nakheel today is this:

Thursday, Feb 26, 2009
DUBAI (Zawya Dow Jones)--Dubai's NakheelNakheel's chief financial officer Thursday said he is leaving his position at the company as his contract ends.
"My contract ended today and I've decided to head back to Singapore," Kar Tung Quek told Zawya Dow Jones by telephone.
Quek said he didn't know who will replace him as CFO at the government-owned developer.
dbxdude no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2009, 05:27 PM   #125
Naz UK
Back in Blighty

Location: Roswell, Area 51, Classified, United States of Americanisms.

For everyone one Nakheel official that tops himself, there'll be around 10 Nakheel investors who kill themselves.
Old March 1st, 2009, 05:30 PM   #126
bizzybonita
ĐЯ ฿฿ שίŧђ Ħīĝђ קΘฬξЯ

Likes (Received): 55

Good progress !
bizzybonita no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2009, 05:36 PM   #127
AltinD
The Modecator

Likes (Received): 5912

I see the pipe is still in use
I can cheat you blind.

AltinD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2009, 05:44 PM   #128
Imre
Dubai

Likes (Received): 315

The countdown begins – Cirque du Soleil's 'Grand Chapiteau' stands tall at Ibn Battuta Mall

- Alegria gets ready to welcome first guests on March 5
- Tickets for Alegría selling fast – don't miss out!

Dubai, 26 February 2009: Cirque du Soleil, who in partnership with Nakheel is bringing the critically acclaimed show Alegría to Dubai from March 5, today completed the raising of the iconic 'Grand Chapiteau' at a ceremony at Ibn Battuta Mall. With the opening night show now only seven days away, excitement is mounting across the UAE with people rushing to buy their tickets.

The trademark blue and yellow 'Grand Chapiteau' seats 2,500 guests, is 66 feet high, 167 feet in diameter and is supported by four masts, each 80 feet tall. A team of 80 crew is required to raise the Big Top, with the entire venue set up taking just seven days. The big top has traveled around the globe with Alegría and arrived in Dubai just a few days ago from Taipei. A total of 60 containers were shipped to Dubai containing not only the big top, but Alegría's own 'village on wheels' that covers an area of 20 000 m² and includes various offices, a box office, a kitchen that seats 100 people and serves 300 meals a day, and even a school.

Robert Mackenzie, General Manager of Alegría comments:
"With one week to go until the first show of Cirque du Soleil's Alegría at Ibn Battuta Mall, the site is a hive of activity. As a widely recognized symbol of Cirque du Soleil, the big-top raising is an important step in preparations as it lets Dubai know that Cirque du Soleil has arrived and ready to spread its magic across the city.

Brett Judd, Head of Entertainment and Leisure, Nakheel Retail, added:
"We are delighted to be working with Cirque du Soleil to bring Alegría to Dubai, and seeing the Grand Chapiteau standing at Ibn Battuta Mall is fantastic. The excitement and anticipation from the public in the run-up to the show has been amazing, and with tickets selling fast we are confident that the show will be a huge success in Dubai as it is has been the world over"

Held in partnership with Nakheel, Alegría will be performed from March 5 2009 under the 'Grand Chapiteau' at Ibn Battuta Mall. Tickets for the month-long run are selling fast, so don't miss your chance to see one of the world's premier live entertainment shows. Tickets are available to buy online at www.cirquedusoleil.ae, by calling 800 CIRQUE (800 247783), and at Dnata Travel outlets.

Performance dates, times and ticket prices:
Performance dates: Thursday 5th March – Sunday 5th April
Performance times: Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday at 8.30pm; Friday and Sunday at 4.30pm and 8.30pm and Saturday at 1.00pm and 5.00pm
Ticket prices: Children (2-12 yrs) from AED 180* to AED 425, Adults (13 years +) from AED 240* to AED 550. VIP** tickets from AED 800* to AED 1000.

* Cheapest tickets are available when four or more tickets are purchased together for performances on a Sunday, Tuesday and Wednesday evening only.
** The VIP area is reserved for 21 year olds and above

Booking information:
To purchase tickets visit www.cirquedusoleil.ae, call 800 CIRQUE (800 247783).or visit a Dnata Travel outlet.
Imre no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2009, 05:45 PM   #129
Imre
Dubai

About Cirque du Soleil
From a group of 20 street performers at its beginnings in 1984, Cirque du Soleil is a major Quebec-based organization providing high-quality artistic entertainment. The company has almost 4,000 employees from over 40 different countries, including 1,000 artists. Cirque du Soleil has brought wonder and delight to close to 80 million spectators in over 200 cities on five continents. In 2009, Cirque du Soleil will present 18 shows simultaneously throughout the world. The company has received such prestigious awards as the Emmy, Drama Desk, Bambi, ACE, Gémeaux, Félix, and Rose d’Or de Montreux. Cirque du Soleil International Headquarters are in Montreal, Canada.

For more information about Cirque du Soleil, visit www.cirquedusoleil.com.
For images from Alegría please visit: http://www.cirquedusoleil.com/Cirque...l/en/Pressroom

Fast Facts about Alegría

- Two of the current artists belong to the original cast, having performed in over 54,000 shows
- The oldest artist is 67, and the youngest is 13
- Approximately 500 balls of knitting yarn, 1,094 yards of braid, 1,586 yards of lace, 22 pounds of glitter and 2,515 yards of silk jersey are used for the production of the costumes
- 1,000 buttons and jewels are used for the two singers' costumes alone!
- More than 1,000 springs hold up the Power Track trampoline … end to end that's 105 meters
- Over 10,000 kilos of "snow" have been used in the "Storm" act
- Alegría travels with a 'village on wheels' that covers an area of 20 000 m² and is completely self-sufficient for power, water and all essential services. The village includes various offices, a box office, a kitchen and even a school.
Old March 1st, 2009, 05:46 PM   #130
Imre
Dubai

About Nakheel
Nakheel is one of the world's largest privately held real estate developers, and a key player in realising the vision of Dubai for the 21st century: creating a world class destination for living, business and tourism.

Nakheel is developing an iconic portfolio of innovative landmark projects in Dubai, and now in key markets around the globe, across a range of sectors - residential, commercial, hotels, retail, and leisure. Nakheel's projects are conservatively estimated to be worth US$80 billion. Upon completion, Nakheel's waterfront projects will have added more than 1,000km of shoreline to Dubai's coastline.

Nakheel's Dubai portfolio includes Palm Jumeirah, Palm Jebel Ali, Palm Deira, The World, Waterfront, The Universe, Nakheel Harbour & Tower, Jumeirah Islands, Jumeirah Village, Jumeirah Park, Jumeirah Heights, The Gardens, Discovery Gardens, Ibn Battuta Mall, Al Furjan, International City and Dragon Mart.

Nakheel is a key entity within Dubai World. Dubai World is one of the world's largest holding companies and supervises a portfolio of businesses and projects for the Dubai Government across five continents and more than 100 countries.
Old March 1st, 2009, 05:47 PM   #131
Imre
Dubai

Old March 1st, 2009, 05:48 PM   #132
Imre
Dubai

Brian Kim, Cirque du Soleil, prepares for Big Top Raising

Old March 1st, 2009, 11:08 PM   #133
bizzybonita
ĐЯ ฿฿ שίŧђ Ħīĝђ קΘฬξЯ

Likes (Received): 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltinD View Post
I see the pipe is still in use
You still remember
bizzybonita no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2009, 02:12 PM   #134
AltinD
The Modecator

Like you let us forget.
I can cheat you blind.

Old March 2nd, 2009, 02:33 PM   #135
dbxdude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naz UK View Post
For everyone one Nakheel official that tops himself, there'll be around 10 Nakheel investors who kill themselves.
I don't think so, you can after all jump on a plane and leave the debt behind... maybe... but i just dont think so, so many people became paper millionaires for a couple years.. i think they will cope with not being paper millionaires in the future... interesting point though...

I think more people top themselves cause they have a bad woman rather then a bad investment.... then again you could always leave her at the airport to
dbxdude no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2009, 07:52 PM   #136
Naz UK
Back in Blighty

I thought men top themselves coz their woman hasn't been "bad" enough? Anyway, my point was any bad luck that can befall a developer's CEO can never be as bad as what their companies do to some investors.
Old March 3rd, 2009, 09:09 AM   #137
rexdmx

how many of you guys are attending alegria?
Old March 3rd, 2009, 11:11 AM   #138
AltinD
The Modecator

I missed the Chinese State Cirque + Shaolin Monks show that played in Festival Centre for a month, so I think I'll skip Alegria as well.
I can cheat you blind.

Old March 3rd, 2009, 12:28 PM   #139
Naz UK
Back in Blighty

Me too, North Africa gives me the creeps.
Old March 3rd, 2009, 03:17 PM   #140
AltinD
The Modecator

Are you dyslexic ... just a little bit?
I can cheat you blind.