daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > دار زايـــد United Arab Emirates

دار زايـــد United Arab Emirates The exciting new world in Dubai , Abu Dhabi and other Emirates

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 6th, 2009, 08:09 PM   #41
noir-dresses
bling bling

Likes (Received): 2253

Because if they are serious about trying to get the olympics, and there is absolutely no way around it, that rule is easyily changed if they want it bad enough. If there's a will, there's alway's a way.

I'm sure that has passed threw the mind's olympic organizer's there, you always have to give some thing to get some thing.

That is a strictly political deccesion on there behalf, the important question is how will the Arab world react to that, all the preasure, if not boycot's.

I'm sure they're weighing it threw, and looking at all the angle's.

When I think it threw a little better, that kind of deccesion would be in Abu Dhabi's corner of the woods. Now why would they change there stance on immagration toward's isreal just so Dubai can host the olympics. I think I've just answer'dmy own question which is NO, just like Abu Dhabi hold's all the deccesion's when come's to any kind of visa's in the UAE.
noir-dresses no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 2nd, 2009, 05:53 AM   #42
iownyou

Likes (Received): 5

2020 team meets today

(SUPPLIED)

By

Wam on Monday, November 02, 2009

The first meeting of "Dubai 2020 team" will be chaired today by Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Dubai Crown Prince and Head of the Higher Organisational Committee.

The meeting aims to follow up executive steps that will be taken to activate the team's activity and start the practical preparation for "Dubai 2020" initiative, which aims to bring the Olympic Games and the World Expo to Dubai in the year 2020. It will also work to bring other big international events to Dubai.

http://www.business24-7.ae/Articles/...2601d70f8.aspx
iownyou no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2009, 10:22 AM   #43
Dubai_Boy
I love Abu Dhabi.

Likes (Received): 2435

Sports is a good thing ... yeah .... but to throw away what we beleive in and have relations with a nation thats only intention is to kill more people , take more land and go againts the whole world for a stupid fire work display and a collection of stupid circles called the olympics will be a very sad day for the UAE and islamic world
Old November 2nd, 2009, 11:33 AM   #44
noir-dresses
bling bling

I came to that conclusion over a month ago, I can't see it happening
Old November 2nd, 2009, 11:39 AM   #45
Dubai_Boy
I love Abu Dhabi.

ok
Old November 2nd, 2009, 04:13 PM   #46
Naz UK
Back in Blighty

Location: Roswell, Area 51, Classified, United States of Americanisms.
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubai_Boy View Post
Sports is a good thing ... yeah .... but to throw away what we beleive in and have relations with a nation thats only intention is to kill more people , take more land and go againts the whole world for a stupid fire work display and a collection of stupid circles called the olympics will be a very sad day for the UAE and islamic world
Isn't it a bit too late for all of that now? And im not talking about the Olympics.
Old November 2nd, 2009, 05:19 PM   #47
Wannaberich
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

Cant see Dubai holding the Olympics.Maybe a joint UAE effort would be considered more by the Olympic committee.
How can such a small place like Dubai hold such a tournament.Its hardly London or Rio.
Sports City wont have the many facilities needed.The new sports stadium there just wont be enough for the athletics.
Abu Dhabi have shown with the F1 track the UAE can provide top sporting facilities.
Wannaberich no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2009, 05:32 PM   #48
Halawala
Fairouzy

Likes (Received): 265

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmiratesAirline380 View Post
But Dubai hosts some large events as well, such as the Dubai Horse racing world cup. And also, i don't really see Doha as that much competition. Sure they did host the Asian games, but Doha is a very small city. And even in 10 years, it will not become large enough to host such a large event.

Also, Doha has also a bad human rights record, however because Dubai and the UAE overall constructs larger projects, the human rights watch concentrates on the UAE.

i was reading this website a couple months ago. It was saying how badly workers are treated in Qatar. Basically the workers in Doha are treated almost the same as Dubai.

Don't get me wrong. I don't hate Qatar. Infact i would love to live there some day. I'm just saying that in terms of winning the Olympics i think Dubai has a better chance.
And moreover because Sheikh mohammed wants this, i think they will put in more money and effort into making this happen.
Doha has better chance of winning the Olympics than Dubai. It already hosted many world-class events, the most important being the Asian Games back in 2006, which included about as many people as an Olympics would have.

It hosts a Moto-GP, as well as several soccer cups--as well as hosting an all-stars soccer tournaments. Forgot to add several world-class Tennis tournaments--the latest being the Sony Ericsson Champinchips (congrats. to Serena Williams). That is in addition to AFC Cup 2011, Pan Arab Games 2011, several PGA cups, as well as sailing tournaments, regatas. Hmm.. Its also in a push to host the Formula One, Im not sure if that will happen or not. Doha is the supreme sports capital of the Middle East.

Doha has already well developed world-class stadiums scattered throughout the country--even in as far away place such as Ruwais (120 km away).

The only reason Doha lost 2016 was that the council refused to shift the date of the Olympic due to the weather. Now, if Dubai's weather is 20 degrees colder than Doha, then yes, Dubai is better in winning than Doha.
Old November 3rd, 2009, 07:28 AM   #49
Dubai_Boy
I love Abu Dhabi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naz UK View Post
Isn't it a bit too late for all of that now? And im not talking about the Olympics.
On so many levels but there is still a glimpse of hope >.<

@wannaberich , what are you basing your opinion on ? that Dubai is too small or not able to host the whole olympics ?

1- Land = Check
2- Money = Check
3- Easy permit process = check
4- Determined leadership = check

what else ?

oh yeah money = check .... it what makes the world go round n round , didnt ya know ?
Old November 3rd, 2009, 01:26 PM   #50
noir-dresses
bling bling

It's going to take alot more than money to get the olympic's such as,

1. Weather
2. Isreal - (jews) they have alot more money, world capital, political might, media control.

These are the two biggest obsticles for Dubai getting the olympic's, once they figure this out, they have a good chance.

UAE money never helped Dubai buy the port's on the US eastern coast, nor Auckland airport, nor Liverpool FC, more airline slot's in Canada, and non in Spain for Emirates, and the list goes on. The same goes for western money in the UAE, there are certain things you just cant buy.

I pessonally would love if Dubai could pull off getting the olympics, just imagine what the city, and country would look like in 2020, and presenting that to the world with a first class event.
Old November 3rd, 2009, 01:48 PM   #51
Wannaberich
BANNED

Quote:
On so many levels but there is still a glimpse of hope >.<

@wannaberich , what are you basing your opinion on ? that Dubai is too small or not able to host the whole olympics ?

1- Land = Check
2- Money = Check
3- Easy permit process = check
4- Determined leadership = check

what else ?

oh yeah money = check .... it what makes the world go round n round , didnt ya know ?
2.Money?isnt Dubai broke?
4.The Dubai goverment are hopeless.The've proved that this last year.

Dubai is too small on its own to host the Olympics.Many of the events would have half empty stadiums/arenas.You could not rely on visitors making up the numbers.At least in London you have 7 million people plus millions more within 2 hours drive.
Also of course there is the weather problem.
Also what would Dubai do after the Olympics with all of the stadiums/arenas they would need to build?They would all go to waste.
Old November 3rd, 2009, 01:49 PM   #52
Dubai_Boy
I love Abu Dhabi.

Israelis and zionists arent the jews with money that are diamond cutters or businessmen or media and political managers, thats one thing , the extremists in israel dont care for all the trivial nonsense you just mentioned, they have a long term aim of taking land and growing as a colonial state with a military might. the end.

Jews now on the other hand ofcourse have political might and such , but dude throw a few billion at them , infact at anyone , and you get what you want. easy. 1,2,3.

if you think otherwise your kidding yourself to be frank ....

money is king , i know you have heard this more than a thousand times but it still stands true
Old November 3rd, 2009, 01:54 PM   #53
Dubai_Boy
I love Abu Dhabi.

wannaberich honestly your really embarassing yourself now

WANNABERICH "Dubai is Broke, isnt it? and the Dubai government are hopeless"

amazing headline lol ....

Dubai is too small ? oh my god. you must be kidding me ? 1900 square kilometers isnt enough for the olympics ?

The weather doesnt have to be a problem at all ..... indoor arenas and stadiums , it can all be done. and moving the date a month forward or back is never out of the question when again money is involved.
Old November 3rd, 2009, 01:58 PM   #54
Dubai_Boy
I love Abu Dhabi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannaberich View Post
Also what would Dubai do after the Olympics with all of the stadiums/arenas they would need to build?They would all go to waste.
thats like saying

I have a family of 10 wanting to go on a trip , im going to buy a 12 seater van ..... but wait, why should i ? once we are back it will be parked in the drive way -.-

you planning on killing off your family members once your back ? you plan on never going on trips again ? god man use some brain cells !

Olympic stadiums and arenas can be HUGE tourist attractions , that alone can pay for maintenance fees and more .... pfffffffft i wont even bother , your forcing me to state the absaloute obvious pointers your SUPPOSED to be aware of , but then again , its just you again , a person so full oh himself its your hobby to go againts someone elses word JUST because you cant admit that your wrong.... even when you know you are.
Old November 3rd, 2009, 02:22 PM   #55
noir-dresses
bling bling

As far as filling the seat's for the event, that's not a problem, it would'nt just be UAE national's, but the whole world would come. If they plan every thing rite, it could be a good asset to have after the olympic's.
Old November 3rd, 2009, 02:34 PM   #56
Wannaberich
BANNED

Quote:
thats like saying

I have a family of 10 wanting to go on a trip , im going to buy a 12 seater van ..... but wait, why should i ? once we are back it will be parked in the drive way -.-

you planning on killing off your family members once your back ? you plan on never going on trips again ? god man use some brain cells !

Olympic stadiums and arenas can be HUGE tourist attractions , that alone can pay for maintenance fees and more .... pfffffffft i wont even bother , your forcing me to state the absaloute obvious pointers your SUPPOSED to be aware of , but then again , its just you again , a person so full oh himself its your hobby to go againts someone elses word JUST because you cant admit that your wrong.... even when you know you are.
What the f... up with you?!who rattled your chain dude?!
Truth is many olympic venues go to waste and thats in highly populated countries.Any idiot knows that.
As for your 12 seater van,you wouldnt buy it for one trip,you would hire it instead !
I thought you were intelligent but thanks for proving me wrong.
Old November 3rd, 2009, 03:35 PM   #57
noir-dresses
bling bling

Mohammed urges Teamwork to Win Olympic, Expo Bids

http://www.khaleejtimes.com/DisplayA...section=theuae

Nothing is impossible as long as we have the determination for change, not change of determination,” Shaikh Mohammed told the group members

These are the magic words
Old November 3rd, 2009, 03:45 PM   #58
Wannaberich
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by noir-dresses View Post
Mohammed urges Teamwork to Win Olympic, Expo Bids

http://www.khaleejtimes.com/DisplayA...section=theuae

Nothing is impossible as long as we have the determination for change, not change of determination,” Shaikh Mohammed told the group members

These are the magic words
You're actually giving this guy credibility?
Old November 3rd, 2009, 03:57 PM   #59
noir-dresses
bling bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannaberich View Post
You're actually giving this guy credibility?
I was basically quoting that determination for change, not change of determination were the magic word's.

My opinion of his credibility doesn't really matter, he's not my leader, never was, and probably never will be. I'm just another foreigner there who invested in a vacation home, that's all.

What do you think Wanna Dubai's realistic chance's are of getting the olympic's, or being a contender are, and how will the local's reaction to that ?
Old November 3rd, 2009, 05:13 PM   #60
Wannaberich
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by noir-dresses View Post
What do you think Wanna Dubai's realistic chance's are of getting the olympic's, or being a contender are, and how will the local's reaction to that ?
Regards the chances of Dubai getting the O,personally I think a UAE joint effort would stand a much better chance and would be much better for the good of the area.It is something that would unite all of the emirates together and would also put the UAE on the map as I believe worldwide there are still many people who know nothing about the area.
Also a joint effort would be harder for the O committee to turn down as the Middle East has never had the O (as far as I know) so it would be seen as very unfair to turn them down.
Regards the locals reaction,I dont live there but would guess the majority would not welcome an influx of thousands of westerners.Just my opinions.