search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > دار زايـــد United Arab Emirates

دار زايـــد United Arab Emirates The exciting new world in Dubai , Abu Dhabi and other Emirates

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 3rd, 2009, 04:31 PM   #61
Dubai_Boy
I love Abu Dhabi.

Likes (Received): 2354

your a sad little man filled with hate wannaberich. Its kind of pathetic.

and [email protected] you ..... answering questions UAE locals or atleast people who lived here long enough should be replying to , not you , a sad little bitter person that for some reason hates everything

1-islamic
2-arab
3-gulf arab
4-Emirati

its so clear , dont try and deny it , atleast have enough degnity and self respect to show your true colours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannaberich View Post
Regards the locals reaction,I dont live there but would guess the majority would not welcome an influx of thousands of westerners.Just my opinions.
then shut the hell up you retard and stop "guessing"

GOOD GOD IN HEAVEN pleaase rid us of this roach ....

Sponsored Links
Old November 3rd, 2009, 04:38 PM   #62
Wannaberich
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

--------------

Last edited by Wannaberich; November 3rd, 2009 at 05:01 PM.
Wannaberich no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2009, 04:56 PM   #63
noir-dresses
bling bling

Likes (Received): 2224

Guys it's getting out of hand, let's keep the duscussion civilized.
noir-dresses no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2009, 05:01 PM   #64
Wannaberich
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubai_Boy View Post
I'm a sad little man and kind of pathetic.
Totally agree !!
Old November 3rd, 2009, 06:17 PM   #65
Dubai_Boy
I love Abu Dhabi.

I guess i was right. Your just a sad little man with a sever case of P.M.S that lashes out , types profanity againts other forumers , then cowardly deletes it

Thank god ive only run into 1 person in my life with your traits ... i guess meeting two isnt too bad.

have fun in your small bitter world wanna
Old November 3rd, 2009, 06:20 PM   #66
Dubai_Boy
I love Abu Dhabi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannaberich View Post
Totally agree !!
ahhh was that what i said that got you all twisted up inside ? hmm interesting.
Old November 3rd, 2009, 06:59 PM   #67
Wannaberich
BANNED

Dubai Boy you're a complete moron just out looking for trouble.If u cant take someone elses opinion on a subject then dont be an ignorant **** and start throwing insults.Come back when you've grown up a little and stop boring me.
Old November 3rd, 2009, 07:05 PM   #68
Dubai_Boy
I love Abu Dhabi.

Your not liked by any UAE section member that says alot wanna

anyway , enjoy your little corner you call life.
Old November 3rd, 2009, 07:11 PM   #69
Wannaberich
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubai_Boy View Post
Your not liked by any UAE section member that says alot wanna

anyway , enjoy your little corner you call life.

Whatever you say dude,whatever you say.
Old November 3rd, 2009, 07:28 PM   #70
iownyou

Likes (Received): 5

Dubai's 2020 Olympics bid gets going

Dubai's 2020 Olympics bid gets going. (AP)

By

Wam on Tuesday, November 03, 2009

His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, yesterday attended the meeting of the Higher Organisation Committee of Dubai 2020 team. The meeting, held at Emirates Towers, was chaired by Dubai Crown Prince Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum.

Sheikh Mohammed instructed the chairman and members of the committee to work as one team to make the hosting of the 2020 Expo and Olympics a success.

http://www.business24-7.ae/Articles/...8c9c34233.aspx
iownyou no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2009, 07:35 PM   #71
MKTJ

Likes (Received): 27

2020 Summer Olympics / Games of the XXXII Olympiad bids

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...=498634&page=1
MKTJ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2009, 02:08 PM   #72
Dubai_Steve
Dubai State of Mind

Likes (Received): 135

SPECIAL CORRESPONDENT / Sports Features Communications

DUBAI, Nov 07: The ruler of Dubai wants the Gulf state to put all its vast resources into its bid to bring the Olympic Games to the Middle East for the first time in 2020. Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, vice president and prime minister of UAE, issued his declaration of intent at the first meeting of the Supreme Organising Committee of the Working Group of Dubai 2020.

Last June saw the first signals of a bid which would use the sporting context to expand the social and economic progress being undertaken.

According to reports from Dubai Sheikh Mohammed directed the group to "work as a one team to enable the UAE to win bids for Expo and the Olympics in 2020." He added: "Nothing is impossible as long as we have the determination for change, not change of determination."

Group members include Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum, chairman of Abu Dhabi Civil Aviation Authority, Sheikh Ahmed bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, chairman of the Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Foundation and head of the UAE Olympic Committee, Abdul Rahman Mohammed Al Owais, Minister of Culture, Youth and Community Development, and several heads of government departments.

Regional momentum

The 2020 bid will seek to pick up a regional momentum in international sports. Doha bid unsucessfully for the 2016 Olympic Games and Qatar is pressing a campaign to win host rights to football's 2022 World Cup. Abu Dhabi will host football's Club World Cup in December this year and next year.

Presumably, this time, the Olympic bid team will not make the crucial mistake committed by Doha in wanting to shift the traditional schedule time from early August to October out of climatic concerns.

Other 2020 bids are being considered by Italy's Rome and Venice, South Africa's Cape Town and Johannesburg and by Hiroshima and Tokyo from Japan.

Tokyo bid for 2016 and was excluded in the second of three rounds of voting which eventually saw Rio de Janeiro selected by the International Olympic Committee, meeting in Copenhagen last month. However, Tokyo governor Shintaro Ishihara has stated a wish to see the city bid again for 2020.
Dubai_Steve no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2009, 09:52 AM   #73
Wannaberich
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubai_Steve View Post
SPECIAL CORRESPONDENT / Sports Features Communications

DUBAI, Nov 07: The ruler of Dubai wants the Gulf state to put all its vast resources into its bid to bring the Olympic Games to the Middle East for the first time in 2020. Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, vice president and prime minister of UAE, issued his declaration of intent at the first meeting of the Supreme Organising Committee of the Working Group of Dubai 2020.

Last June saw the first signals of a bid which would use the sporting context to expand the social and economic progress being undertaken.

According to reports from Dubai Sheikh Mohammed directed the group to "work as a one team to enable the UAE to win bids for Expo and the Olympics in 2020." He added: "Nothing is impossible as long as we have the determination for change, not change of determination."

Group members include Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum, chairman of Abu Dhabi Civil Aviation Authority, Sheikh Ahmed bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, chairman of the Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Foundation and head of the UAE Olympic Committee, Abdul Rahman Mohammed Al Owais, Minister of Culture, Youth and Community Development, and several heads of government departments.

Regional momentum

The 2020 bid will seek to pick up a regional momentum in international sports. Doha bid unsucessfully for the 2016 Olympic Games and Qatar is pressing a campaign to win host rights to football's 2022 World Cup. Abu Dhabi will host football's Club World Cup in December this year and next year.

Presumably, this time, the Olympic bid team will not make the crucial mistake committed by Doha in wanting to shift the traditional schedule time from early August to October out of climatic concerns.

Other 2020 bids are being considered by Italy's Rome and Venice, South Africa's Cape Town and Johannesburg and by Hiroshima and Tokyo from Japan.

Tokyo bid for 2016 and was excluded in the second of three rounds of voting which eventually saw Rio de Janeiro selected by the International Olympic Committee, meeting in Copenhagen last month. However, Tokyo governor Shintaro Ishihara has stated a wish to see the city bid again for 2020.
Reading this Im not sure if Sheik Mo is talking about a joint UAE bid which is the right thing to do or just a Dubai bid.
Not sure how they will get over the heat problem.
Old January 13th, 2010, 01:09 AM   #74
Dubaiiscool:)

Likes (Received): 16

Dubai to host who’s who in sport

DUBAI : The emirate’s bid to host the 2020 Olympics has moved a step closer after it was announced Dubai will hold this year’s SportAccord International Convention, an annual five-day exhibition that brings together leaders of more than 100 global sports federations and organisations.

The convention will take place between April 25 and 30 and will attract more than 1,500 representatives from the sporting world, including Fifa president Sepp Blatter, International Rugby Board chairman Bernard Lapasset and Eduardo Paes, mayor of Rio de Janiero, Brazil, host city of the 2016 Olympics.

“This is a very significant event for the UAE and extremely important for the region,” said Princess Haya bint al Hussein, wife of His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai.

“If you look at the model we have here, we have top professionals and great facilities to host events, but in other countries in this region, we are still very nascent. This convention can help us move forward as a region. We need to write a legacy that starts at grass roots and grows internationally.”

Princess Haya is also a member of the International Olympic Committee and Andrew Ryan, director of the Association of Summer Olympic International Federations (ASOIF) in Lausanne, Switzerland, says the importance of the convention coming to the UAE should not be under-estimated.

Dubai won the right to host the convention after holding off competition from a host of other cities, including Singapore, Bangkok, Melbourne and Rio. The 2009 event took place in Denver, Colorado and next year’s conference will be held in London.

“It is essential that we came here,” said Ryan. “Dubai is becoming synonymous with major sports events and this will be the first time to have all organisations and Olympic federations in the region at the same time.

“As we all know, many cities around the world have Olympic aspirations. This April, all the presidents and general secretaries of global Olympic sports will converge on Dubai and the city will have a chance to show them what it can do.”

Ryan added that while the emirate has experience of hosting major events in the past, it should look to interact with a broader range of sports, such as weightlifting and archery.

“Smaller sports that cost nothing in comparison, have trouble finding venues. By Dubai hosting a junior world championship, it gain experience of hosting major events,” he said.

http://www.thenational.ae/apps/pbcs....701129892/1004
Dubaiiscool:) no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2010, 01:13 AM   #75
Guest89
----SSC ®----

Likes (Received): 36

Good news and good first step! Can you imagine the revenue that the Olympics would generate for Dubai? I think the debt crisis will be over by 2020, but if it was today, Dubai would become very rich!
Guest89 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2010, 01:40 AM   #76

Yes, I agree it would lead to a lot of projects being finished faster,like Dubai World Central.

But if that's not an successful attempt then we can also count on the World Expo 2020 as Dubai has a bid to host it.
Old January 13th, 2010, 01:51 AM   #77
Guest89
----SSC ®----

When will they announce the winner of the Olympics bid?

PS: In an article above it says Venice placed a bid. Are they serious? What are they going to host? Underwater sprint?
Old January 13th, 2010, 08:53 AM   #78

Wikipedia says that it is expected to be announced before mid 2013
Old January 13th, 2010, 04:13 PM   #79
Guest89
----SSC ®----

Given all the sport figures that are visiting Dubai this April, we have a big chance to showcase what Dubai is capable of and if we impress them, it could become a reality.
Old January 23rd, 2010, 07:49 PM   #80
Anwar khan

Likes (Received): 0

Dubai is a great city and surely has the ability to host olympics 2020 mashallah.. Dubai will be awarded the hosting of olympic and world expo inshallah ...The way Dubai progressed in the last decade is truely remarkable and hopefully things will work out smoothly....
Anwar khan no está en línea   Reply With Quote