SkyscraperCity Forum banner

PENANG CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS | General Thread

4M views 11K replies 373 participants last post by  scMalaysia 
#1 ·

4 more buildings for Penang:

REGENCY HEIGHTS
i don't have much info of these buildings. i only know they will be located south of Penang near Sungai Ara area i think

See less See more
#3,721 ·
Shorefront Residences from YTL

Shorefront Residences represents their maiden foray into the Penang market. Situated on Farquhar Road which is located within the Unesco Heritage buffer zone, Shorefront residents can be assured of both exclusivity and prestige wrapped around the charm of old Penang. Located next to the Historical Eastern and Oriental Hotel (est 1885).

Features:

Prime freehold location
Low rise, low density
Own lap pool and view of the sea
Two units per floor served by two private lifts
Two car parks for each unit
Clubhouse with pool, gym and function room facilities
Property Type : Low rise condominium
Land Tenure : Freehold
Developer : YTL Land

Indicative Price : RM2,800,000 onwards

#3,724 ·
ala chill chill... fer residense still on drawing on board... no renderings yet... will be snapped up by foreigners... coz located in feringgi plus in front of uplands...

a little disappointed with YTL plan... one of really few prime land located in the city. shud make a full use of it... shud use up full 5 storeys allowable height limit... i see only 2 storeys... such a good location and precious land. some more initially their project includes commercial props and rendevouz and eateries... UPR is right across the road and if YTL add commercial space in their project , shud be good and will make the whole area even more happening and bigger hang-out and clubbing place...

#3,725 ·
i think dis project referin to Katana Penang
41storey
290units

Boulevard katana Penang, Malaysia.

The first design-driven skyscraper in Penang, this 41-storey 290unit residential-cum-SOHO project is situated on about acres of prime land.
An iconic building and a Georgetown landmark, it will be built above a boutique mall that will feature unique F&B and lifestyles concepts.
it will also offer breathtaking sea view and the entire gurney drive skyline to residents and tenants alike.

#3,727 ·
you seem to fail to explain why decentralisation is disadvantageous in all your previous arguments.

about land price, you speak as if george town occupies the whole of Penang Island. there are still much land outside of george town. and even more on the mainland.
All was referred about Strategic Location, "Location & Location", hope that somebody can divert the Centre successfully to other place as you mentioned above, do you think somewhere at mainland i.e. Prai can be another Golden triangle?

#3,729 ·
All was referred about Strategic Location, "Location & Location", hope that somebody can divert the Centre successfully to other place as you mentioned above, do you think somewhere at mainland i.e. Prai can be another Golden triangle?
i think this should begin with the government designating new commercial zones. On the island potential locations are along the reclaimed Jelutong seafront, site of PGCC and somewhere in Bayan Baru. ;)

#3,731 ·
Wednesday April 27, 2011

RM6bil potential FDI
By DAVID TAN
davidtan@thestar.com.my

TWO overseas solar energy manufacturing corporations from Germany and Japan are said to be eyeing to invest around RM6bil in Penang to set up facilities in the state.

The Germany-based firm is now in the advance stages of negotiation with the state government while the Japanese company’s discussions with the state authorities are still at the preliminary level.

Sources familiar with the solar power industry said the German company had visited Penang several times to conduct feasibility studies to invest about RM3bil for a manufacturing facility in Seberang Prai.

It is learnt that the Germans, which require a large tract of land for their investment in Penang, are also considering China as an alternative site.

“It all comes down to the incentives offered to the German company.”

“But if the deal with the Germans is inked, state-of-the-art solar production equipment and technology will be transferred to Penang,” said one source.

It is learnt that the German company, which is headquartered and has production facilities in central Germany, produces solar cells and modules and employs some 2,000 workers.

The company also has distribution centres in Palo Alto in the United States, Lisbon (Portugal), Saint-Quen (France), Milano (Italy), Real Madrid (Spain), Melbourne (Australia) and Shanghai (China).

It is learnt that the Japan solar company has also visited Penang and is looking at investing about RM3bil on a manufacturing facility.

By 2020, Malaysia aims to become the world’s number two manufacturer for solar cells and modules, with a 17% global market share and cumulative capacity of 23 gigawatt (GW).

As at December 2010, the Federal Government has approved 17 companies to manufacture solar cell, solar wafer, and solar module with total investments amounting to RM13.76bil.

Of the amount, 95.1% come from foreign direct investments (FDI) while the remaining 4.9% are from domestic firms.

There are five solar power manufacturing companies currently in production in Malaysia with a total production capacity of 1.5GW.

#3,734 ·
The Atlantic name was grand when heard, but when came to the picture, you will disappointed becasue it only around 12 storey, very very low and waste, only 20 storey & above can consider skyscraper, noticed about B'worth area also have height restriction due to air craft centre nearby, another dead area after Georgetown heritage.

#3,737 ·
TM Residency is located along Jalan Dato Ismail Hashim within the established township of Relau, Penang. It comes with two layout types with build-up area ranging from 820 to 1240 sq.ft.

Property Project : TM Residency
Property Type : Condo/Apartment
Tenure : Freehold
Total Units : 80 (Type A & A1), 80 (Type B – Penthouse)
Developer : Koperasi Tunas Muda Sungai Ara Bhd.
Contact No: 04-643 8515
Indicative Price: RM 250,000 onwards

http://www.sritunas.com.my