search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 25th, 2016, 05:45 PM   #3681
HB07

Likes (Received): 765

Any figures of EPL attendance ? with the West Ham new stadium and expansion of Anfield ?
HB07 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 25th, 2016, 05:58 PM   #3682
bd popeye

Likes (Received): 6138

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB07 View Post
Any figures of EPL attendance ? with the West Ham new stadium and expansion of Anfield ?
Google is your friend...

August 1971 - August 1991

I yam what I yam!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
bd popeye no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2016, 07:09 PM   #3683
GunnerJacket
Oh look - a doughnut!

Likes (Received): 1916

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd popeye View Post
Google is your friend...
Indeed, however our friend is asking about the season that just started. Allow me to help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB07 View Post
One version of early 2016/2017 data can be found here. It's incomplete, though, as it's missing one Burnley match, and keep in mind Liverpool have not yet hosted a match in their recently expanded stadium.

HB07 liked this post
GunnerJacket no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2016, 07:51 PM   #3684
bd popeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnerJacket View Post
Indeed, however our friend is asking about the season that just started. Allow me to help!
Now wait a minute..not a soccer fan here. how would I know that the EPL season has started? oh yea... google is my friend.....

I yam what I yam!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old August 26th, 2016, 02:36 AM   #3685
bd popeye

FC Cincinnati home attendance for 2016.

I yam what I yam!

Old September 6th, 2016, 01:55 AM   #3686
Épicolx
Orgulho Lisboeta

Likes (Received): 138

Source: http://stadiumdb.com/news/2016/08/ne...biggest_crowds

GunnerJacket liked this post
Épicolx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2016, 02:25 AM   #3687
isaidso
the new republic

Likes (Received): 8508

It says in the title that all draw more than 46,000 except the #20 team clearly does not.

I started my first photo thread documenting a recent trip to Halifax, Nova Scotia. Have a peek:

GunnerJacket, Avangard-55 liked this post
isaidso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2016, 01:50 PM   #3688
bd popeye

At least 46,000(45,538) a match/game? Not bad...

Selected NCAA FBS Football attendance for 1 Sept thru 5 Sept..

Home school listed.

Michigan...Michigan Stadium, Ann Arbor, Michigan Attendance: 110,222

Ohio State...Ohio Stadium, Columbus, Ohio Attendance: 107,193

Texas...Darrell K. Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium/Jamail Field, Austin, Texas Attendance: 102,315

Texas A&M...Kyle Field, College Station, Texas Attendance: 100,443

Tennessee...Neyland Stadium, Knoxville, Tennessee Attendance: 100,074

Penn State....Beaver Stadium, University Park, Pennsylvania Attendance: 94,378

Nebraska....Tom Osborne Field at Memorial Stadium, Lincoln, Nebraska Attendance: 90,013

Florida....Florida Field at Ben Hill Griffin Stadium, Gainesville, Florida Attendance: 88,121

Auburn....Jordan-Hare Stadium, Auburn, Alabama Attendance: 87,451

Wisconsin....Lambeau Field(neutral site), Green Bay, Wisconsin Attendance: 77,823

Michigan State...Spartan Stadium, East Lansing, Michigan Attendance: 74,516

Houston....NRG Stadium, Houston, Texas Attendance: 71,016

Iowa.....Kinnick Stadium, Iowa City, Iowa Attendance: 68,390

Texas A&M....Jones AT&T Stadium, Lubbock, Texas Attendance: 60,097

Washington.....Alaska Airlines Field at Husky Stadium, Seattle, Washington Attendance: 58,640

Oregon....Autzen Stadium, Eugene, Oregon Attendance: 53,817

Arizona...University of Phoenix Stadium, Glendale, Arizona Attendance: 50,528

I yam what I yam!

Old September 6th, 2016, 02:59 PM   #3689
jts1882

Likes (Received): 9340

Quote:
Originally Posted by Épicolx View Post
At least four PL clubs will join the >46k group in the next few years. Liverpool have opened a new stand that will take them to 54k (with outline plans for 58k), West Ham have moved into the revamped Olympic Stadium and should get 50-60k, while Spurs are half way through the build of a new 61k stadium and Chelsea are in the process of getting permission for one of around 60k. Everton are also in the process of planning a new ground, which should be over 50k.

That could take to total to nine over 50k: four in London, two each in Manchester and Liverpool, one in Newcastle. Sunderland also have a stadium that could be 48k if they can come up with a football team good enough to fill it. Of our bigger cities only Birmingham seems unable to join the club. Glasgow also has three stadia that can be over 50k, but lack enough matches of sufficient interest.

This period is for the PL similar to rebuilding in Germany for the 2006 World Cup.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results” – Albert Einstein

– a comprehensive searchable record and history of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club.

RobH, BeestonLad liked this post

Last edited by jts1882; September 6th, 2016 at 03:10 PM.
jts1882 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2016, 04:37 PM   #3690
weava

Likes (Received): 1218

We are 4 days away from the Battle At Bristol. US college football game between University of Tennessee and Virginia Tech University. Crowd of over 150,000 expected.
]
Currently Watching : Silicon Valley
Currently Listening To: Twenty One Pilots
Currently Playing: Fallout 4

bd popeye liked this post
weava no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2016, 04:41 PM   #3691
bd popeye

MLS attendance thru 3 September 2016

Total attendance over 269 matches played = 5,789,026 averaging 21,521 per match.

I yam what I yam!

GunnerJacket liked this post
Old September 6th, 2016, 04:45 PM   #3692
GunnerJacket
Oh look - a doughnut!

Quote:

Wisconsin....Lambeau Field(neutral site), Green Bay, Wisconsin Attendance: 77,823
Unless certain sections were closed off I'm really disappointed by this figure. It's a marquee match-up in a venue most football fans would love to see (during a game that matters), and yet the Badger faithful couldn't muster up a full house?! Perhaps I was overrating them.

Still a great marching band, though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jts1882 View Post
At least four PL clubs will join the >46k group in the next few years. Liverpool have opened a new stand that will take them to 54k (with outline plans for 58k), West Ham have moved into the revamped Olympic Stadium and should get 50-60k, while Spurs are half way through the build of a new 61k stadium and Chelsea are in the process of getting permission for one of around 60k. Everton are also in the process of planning a new ground, which should be over 50k.
I've a feeling it will be a while before we see anything physical from Chelsea and Everton, however. The formal apparently underestimated the weight and bureaucracy of the London development process while the latter is toiling in an economic twilight zone. I'm hopeful, but suspect nothing will break ground on either front for a solid 3 years out.

Quote:
Of our bigger cities only Birmingham seems unable to join the club.
More of a head-scratcher than your Sunderland nod considering the pedigree of the Villa name. I think Wolves beautiful designs would only max out around 45k, no? Regardless, they're both a ways out from investing as needed to see something over the 46k mark. I'd love to see a larger and refined Villa Park, though.

Quote:
Glasgow also has three stadia that can be over 50k, but lack enough matches of sufficient interest.
Three venues but only 2 clubs that could pull it off, so no need to raise Hampden/Queen's Park, I say.
Old September 6th, 2016, 04:47 PM   #3693
GunnerJacket
Oh look - a doughnut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by weava View Post

We are 4 days away from the Battle At Bristol. US college football game between University of Tennessee and Virginia Tech University. Crowd of over 150,000 expected.
I'll admit, I'm curious.

C'mon Hokies!
Old September 6th, 2016, 05:46 PM   #3694
Andy-i

Likes (Received): 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandru.mircea View Post
The first season of PRO Rugby is getting nearer and nearer to its debut, which is happening in mid April. This will be the first professional competition in rugby union, at club level, ever held in the USA. Hopefuly there are some US based rugby fans that will keep us posted on the development of this league.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_PRO_Rugby_season

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy-i View Post
First 2 games drew 3,400 and 2,312.

It's also only a 5 team league. Can't see it making much of an impact TBH.
The season is now over and it drew 51,696 over the 30 games for an average of 1723.

So not much of an impact and in the world of pro team sports in the US it's not even a blip.

In Rugby terms, it's not that far behind the 2nd tier in England though, which averaged 2064 last season.

I always find it odd when some UK rugby fans talk of Rugby becoming bigger than football (soccer to our American cousins) in the US, as it's played at college level.

They seem to have no idea how big the MLS is now, or how small Rugby is as a spectator sport.

It will be interesting to see if it can grow in terms of teams and/or crowds in the future.

alexandru.mircea liked this post
Andy-i no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2016, 06:48 PM   #3695
GunnerJacket
Oh look - a doughnut!

Quote:
I always find it odd when some UK rugby fans talk of Rugby becoming bigger than football (soccer to our American cousins) in the US, as it's played at college level.
Part of this might be how they're seeing their own sport grow compared to a couple generations ago, with wider global appeal and more professional opportunities. From outside looking in it's tough to discern how insular is the culture for US sports.
Old September 7th, 2016, 04:59 AM   #3696
irving1903

Likes (Received): 18

Quote:
At least 46,000(45,538) a match/game? Not bad...

Home school listed.

Texas...Darrell K. Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium/Jamail Field, Austin, Texas Attendance: 102,315

Texas A&M...Kyle Field, College Station, Texas Attendance: 100,443

Houston....NRG Stadium, Houston, Texas Attendance: 71,016

Texas A&M....Jones AT&T Stadium, Lubbock, Texas Attendance: 60,097
I think you meant Texas Tech friend. It's good to see all of them drawing so well to start the season. Hopefully Texas and Houston can keep it up this year.

bd popeye liked this post
irving1903 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2016, 12:03 PM   #3697
Village Idiot

Likes (Received): 8

The US National Womens Soccer League deserves some recognition. The Portland Thorns have higher attendance than a couple of the MLS teams.

Portland Thorns FC - 16,819
Orlando Pride - 9,201
Houston Dash - 5,651
Seattle Reign FC - 4,590
Western New York Flash - 3,868
Washington Spirit - 3,864
Boston Breakers - 3,780
FC Kansas City - 3,258
Chicago Red Stars - 3,033
Sky Blue FC - 1,973

League average: 5,503

GunnerJacket, Fabio1976 liked this post
Village Idiot no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2016, 09:33 PM   #3698
jts1882

Likes (Received): 9340

Quote:
The season is now over and it drew 51,696 over the 30 games for an average of 1723.

So not much of an impact and in the world of pro team sports in the US it's not even a blip.

In Rugby terms, it's not that far behind the 2nd tier in England though, which averaged 2064 last season.

They seem to have no idea how big the MLS is now, or how small Rugby is as a spectator sport.

It will be interesting to see if it can grow in terms of teams and/or crowds in the future.
It depends what your criteria are. MLS, however good the attendance numbers, is way behind other global leagues.

Rugby has far less support nearly everywhere (New Zealand, Fiji, Samoa, Tonga and, to a lesser extent, Australia). The US, though, has potential to become a serious contender because it has the population and because there is a large pool of unfulfilled talent left over from American Football. There are some incredible athletes not good enough for the NFL who could be part of a high quality rugby side.

I remember watching club rugby on some obscure channel when I lived in LA in the 1990s, mostly west coast and mountain zone clubs. There is raw talent there. The introduction of Rugby Sevens into the Olympics could also help.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results” – Albert Einstein

– a comprehensive searchable record and history of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club.

alexandru.mircea liked this post
jts1882 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2016, 07:45 AM   #3699
Spus65

Likes (Received): 19

Rangers actually managed the highest average attendance in Scotland last season despite not being in the top division!

http://www.european-football-statist...o/avesco16.htm
Spus65 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2016, 12:47 AM   #3700
alexandru.mircea
Ars longa, vita brevis

Likes (Received): 8692

Congratz GJ on becoming a mod!

Quote:

Thanks for the info. The league does look small on a general scale but for rugby things are more relative. If a decently functioning pro league helps American rugby to suddenly rise to the top, American audiences will back a strong national team during big events, given what I understand about American sports culture. And that would create a virtuous circle.

If this league pays the US average wage then it can have all the best Tier 2 talent and more, if they want to go that way. There aren't many places to play for a decent living wage if you're a player, in the Romanian rugby millieus it's said that a lot of players are eyeing this US league for potential contracts.

and
of my town.

===

/
/ Bucharest:
+

===

In Praise Of
/
Cities
alexandru.mircea no está en línea   Reply With Quote