search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > Euroscrapers > Local discussions > Slovakia > City Development > Bratislava

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 75 votes, 4.97 average.
Old July 25th, 2008, 05:43 PM   #341
matiasmx
Bratislava citizen

Likes (Received): 688

update

matiasmx está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 28th, 2008, 11:05 AM   #342
Kachle

Likes (Received): 73

27.7.2008 z Hradu

Je to obluda, monstrum
Kachle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2008, 02:24 PM   #343
wuane

Likes (Received): 747

Vyslovene panelak.Nerobim si velke nadeje,ze to dopadne lepsie ako gloria.Hlavne s fasadou ako po zatepleni.
..dúfam, že to nikto nepočúva, zabezpečil som na tento rok 35, na budúci rok asi 40, plus teda ďalšie veci. Zabezpečil som ich, ako tie peniaze, vlastnou hlavou...To, že sa pri tom motal Fedor, nemôže znamenať, že ma niekto bude držať za gule, to sa nesmie stať...Som sa vymanil od Fedora a povedal som: Fedor, ja som dal do toho hlavu a nie ty si dal do toho hlavu, takže ja budem teraz o niektorých veciach rozhodovať..."

SLOVAK CITIES -
- S L O V E N S K É
M E S T Á -
wuane no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2008, 02:43 PM   #344
mike256

Likes (Received): 11

Dnes som sa dozvedel, ze na bloku C uz vyvesili gľajchu...jedna cast projektu je teda hotovo...aspon konstrukcne...
mike256 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2008, 12:22 AM   #345
mike256

Likes (Received): 11

Construction update 31.7.2008

Fotky Jégeho aleje z Rozadolu (22. poschodie):

Už nám rastie aj výšková časť...

P.S.: To sa musí sjať tam na streche...škoda, že TOI TOI búdky nemajú vpredu okná...
mike256 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2008, 12:17 PM   #346
marclucpicard

Likes (Received): 9

"budky" na streche

len ked pride velky vietor ako bol nedavno tak im to krasne prevrhne a to musi byt potom sranda, teda hlavne vnutri tych kadibudiek
Inac velmi pekne zabery az na ten prvy s tou opachou kde to vyzera az moc panelakoidne a moc farebne
marclucpicard no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2008, 09:55 AM   #347
Yury

Likes (Received): 10

that's a nice progress on the Jegeho tower. But what about those nearby projects? I've seen that Residence tower seems to be on hold or something. What about Greenfields, is the project dead?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fresco View Post
Yury no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2008, 08:24 AM   #348
xman66
Bart Simpson

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yury View Post
that's a nice progress on the Jegeho tower. But what about those nearby projects? I've seen that Residence tower seems to be on hold or something. What about Greenfields, is the project dead?

Hi, the preparations of 'greenfields' are in progress (as far as I know). They should come as next phases of the 'jegeho' project since there are the same people behind.
xman66 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2008, 10:38 AM   #349
Yury

I see, would be one modern district once all the projects are completed
Old August 6th, 2008, 08:15 PM   #350
Yury

all right guys, I need some local help here. We are considering buying a flat in Jegeho alej so I wonder if you could tell me a bit about the following:

what do you think about the project itself? It seems to be one of the very few near the central Bratislava that can still be bought for a relatively reasonable prices. But I am concerned about it being considered "low-cost" housing

what about the develop FINEP? I know they have completed some projects in Czech Republic, but are they trustworthy? Do they build on time and offer good quality?

and finally what can you tell me about the general neighbourhood? Is it a good one? How are the transport connections? Are there shops/other infrastructure nearby? Do you think a flat in here would have a good rental potential?

That's quite a few questions so thanks in advance for any help
Old August 6th, 2008, 08:49 PM   #351
LeMoN-SK
Regular Fool

Likes (Received): 80

I am one of the few that consider this as a good project. Not premium, but definitely not bad. I didn't check all the plans but to me the flats looks quite nice and most of them also have nice views (but that may change if Residence Tower or Greenfields get built)...

I don't know much about FINEP but from what I have heard it is definitely not the best developer around...

There are a few things I can tell you about the location, because I live not far away. In terms of infrastructure it is good, especially the public transport. Trnavské mýto, a big tram/bus/trolleybus point, is like 3-4 minutes walk from Jégeho Alej. You can get to the center in about 10 minutes, the fastest way is probably the tram. If you have a car, the way to the center or some facilities is also pretty good, it is in the near vicinity of Ružinovská street, (that is being re-made into a 4-lane road also in this section), a "boulevard" in this part of the city. To get from Jégeho Alej to the Bratislava highway circuit you have to cross only four or five crossroads, depends on which way you will go...

There is a marketplace/fair also like 2-3 minutes walk from the place, also a small shopping mall, 4-5 minutes walk. It is quite near Štrkovec lake, that is maybe 7 minutes walk. Near Štrkovec there is also a big hospital and a hockey arena. That one is smaller, one big (T-Com Arena) is even closer, about 2 minutes walk.

Well, these are some general links, if you want to know some more, just ask.
LeMoN-SK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2008, 10:22 AM   #352
xman66
Bart Simpson

Likes (Received): 1

few another points worth considering:
- there are plans to re-build the existing hockey stadium nearby to provide sufficient capacity for upcoming hockey championship (2011) > traffic to be expected around the stadium during hockey events;
- further development expected next to 'jegeho alej' project - residence tower, further phases by finep ('greenfields'), reconstruction of former factory (pink building), project 'egil' (tower instead of sports hall next to jegeho alej - anyway no information available recently about this one), few more office buildings in the empty area (north west part of the block);

I hope to get rid of the noise and dust during few years after we move into Jegeho Alej, but we'll see...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMoN-SK View Post
I am one of the few that consider this as a good project. Not premium, but definitely not bad. I didn't check all the plans but to me the flats looks quite nice and most of them also have nice views (but that may change if Residence Tower or Greenfields get built)...

I don't know much about FINEP but from what I have heard it is definitely not the best developer around...

There are a few things I can tell you about the location, because I live not far away. In terms of infrastructure it is good, especially the public transport. Trnavské mýto, a big tram/bus/trolleybus point, is like 3-4 minutes walk from Jégeho Alej. You can get to the center in about 10 minutes, the fastest way is probably the tram. If you have a car, the way to the center or some facilities is also pretty good, it is in the near vicinity of Ružinovská street, (that is being re-made into a 4-lane road also in this section), a "boulevard" in this part of the city. To get from Jégeho Alej to the Bratislava highway circuit you have to cross only four or five crossroads, depends on which way you will go...

There is a marketplace/fair also like 2-3 minutes walk from the place, also a small shopping mall, 4-5 minutes walk. It is quite near Štrkovec lake, that is maybe 7 minutes walk. Near Štrkovec there is also a big hospital and a hockey arena. That one is smaller, one big (T-Com Arena) is even closer, about 2 minutes walk.

Last edited by xman66; August 7th, 2008 at 07:42 PM.
xman66 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2008, 10:46 AM   #353
wuane

So Xman,you have to be our main photoreporter from that area.
..dúfam, že to nikto nepočúva, zabezpečil som na tento rok 35, na budúci rok asi 40, plus teda ďalšie veci. Zabezpečil som ich, ako tie peniaze, vlastnou hlavou...To, že sa pri tom motal Fedor, nemôže znamenať, že ma niekto bude držať za gule, to sa nesmie stať...Som sa vymanil od Fedora a povedal som: Fedor, ja som dal do toho hlavu a nie ty si dal do toho hlavu, takže ja budem teraz o niektorých veciach rozhodovať..."

SLOVAK CITIES -
- S L O V E N S K É
M E S T Á -
Old August 7th, 2008, 11:04 AM   #354
Yury

thank you guys for your input

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMoN-SK View Post

well, I certainly would not expect a premium project at that price just 2 km away from Bratislava centre. As long as it is decent enough to live and rent out, I am fine with it. Nice to see so much public transport and other facilities in the area. I guess there will also be more shops on the ground floor of the building as well as in neighbouring blocks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xman66 View Post
few another points worth considering:
- there are plans to re-build the existing hockey stadium nearby to provide sufficient capacity for upcoming hockey chapionship (201x) > traffic to be expected around the stadium during hockey events;
- further development expected next to 'jegeho alej' project - residence tower, further phases by finep ('greenfields'), reconstruction of former factory (pink bulding), project 'egil' (tower instead of sports hall next to jegeho alej - anyway no information available recently about this one), few more office buildings in the empty area (north west part of the block);

I hope to get rid of the noise and dust during few years after we move into Jegeho Alej, but we'll see...
I was actually thinking of a flat on higher floors facing west as I hoped to see the centre and the city skyline, but then I realised that all these new projects will obscure the view anyway, so lower floors would be just as good (and cheaper).

Did you also buy a flat in Jegeho Alej? We might be neighbours one day I personally won't be moving in before 2010 at the earliest as I am stuck in Holland for a time being, yet we'll need to rent out in a mean time and all the noise/dust can indeed affect the renting value. On the other hand, it should be an awesome neighbourhood once everything is done
Old August 7th, 2008, 11:06 AM   #355
wuane

Yury,if I can ask you,whats the reason to move to Bratislava?

SLOVAK CITIES -
- S L O V E N S K É
M E S T Á -
Old August 7th, 2008, 11:24 AM   #356
Yury

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuane View Post
Yury,if I can ask you,whats the reason to move to Bratislava?
well, I have not made that decision yet. A flat in Bratislava is good investment as it is, but I am also seriously considering living their myself.

The reasons are quite a few. First of all, I am very much an Eastern European. I was brought up in Ukraine and then Russia, and even though I have been living in the West since the age of 17, I never really felt like at home here. Holland is good for the moment, as a certain stage in life, but I sure would not like to live here for the rest of my life. There is just too much in terms of cultural differences and I would not want my children to grow up being Dutch.

Coming back to Ukraine or Russia? My hometown in Ukraine is a provincial capital, a rather poor one with not much opportunities to offer. I always enjoy visiting it every year, yet it is hard for me to imagine actually living there again. In Russia I only lived in Moscow. It is one of the greatest cities on Earth where you can make loads of money but not exactly a safe and secure environmet to have a family and raise children (no big city is for that matter).

Yet I still would wish to settle in (C)EE. What other options are there? Surely I need to take my Russian citizenship into account, so Poland or Baltic states are not really an option Slovakia, on the other hand, seems most friendly towards Russians among the nations of Central Europe. It is a booming economy. It has a great geographic location with easy access to other CEE destination from Bratislava and Vienna airport and even by train to Ukraine. I also would not expect any big problems with learning Slovak and integrating into the society in other ways (though you never really know till you try). So all in all, for me Slovakia and especially Bratislava seems like a place to be. I have only been there once and sure need to study the country more before making the final decision on moving to Slovakia permanently. But for now at least, it seems to be the plan
Old August 7th, 2008, 11:29 AM   #357
wuane

oou,nice.I like your words.Do the best descision for you.

SLOVAK CITIES -
- S L O V E N S K É
M E S T Á -
Old August 7th, 2008, 12:23 PM   #358
Qwert

Likes (Received): 2326

It's really interesting Yury. I'm surprised somebody whi is living in The Netherlands wants to move (or is at least seriously thinking about it) in Bratislava. Of course you have good reasons for that as you wrote, but anyway.
Qwert no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2008, 12:53 PM   #359
matiasmx
Bratislava citizen

Likes (Received): 688

sorry my OT for your theme

update

matiasmx está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2008, 01:00 PM   #360
Yury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwert View Post
It's really interesting Yury. I'm surprised somebody whi is living in The Netherlands wants to move (or is at least seriously thinking about it) in Bratislava. Of course you have good reasons for that as you wrote, but anyway.
Yes, it's not very common I guess but I am sure there are Slovaks who went to work in the West and are now coming back. That's similar to what I would like to do. Only difference is that I won't be coming back to my own country but rather to a culturally and geographically close one.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: