daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine
Old June 29th, 2010, 10:37 AM   #1
coolie16bze

Likes (Received): 1

Pride Belize | Belizean Gay Community

“Gay in Belize”

These are two words that many people fear putting in the same sentence. However, for the past 18 years of my life, “Gay in Belize” has become my reality. While I am not alone in this reality, I am one of the few who have made it unscathed because of strong spiritual and family bonds.

Many just like me have not been so fortunate and fall victims of emotional, verbal, and psychological abuse. Many friends of mine have resorted to self mutilation in order to deal with the burden of remaining in the closet. While some have tried to fully express themselves, the pressure of a homophobic society has driven them even deeper into the closet.

Homosexuality is illegal in Belize because it is considered an unnatural crime, but what there is nothing more natural than homosexuality. If one were to simply look at Belizean society, it would appear as if though there is no presence of LGBT individuals, when indeed there are so many. Fearfully, we long to be seen and to be recognized for who we are. Yet, we hide ourselves in the cultural fabric. We are not seen! Who are we? You ask.

WE ARE BELIZEANS, HUMAN BEINGS DESERVING OF RESPECT AND THE FREEDOM TO BE WHO WE ARE AND TO LOVE WHOM WE LOVE.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QStXSv_vF8

http://www.pridebelize.com/

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/...8436041&ref=ts

Last edited by Tillor87; June 29th, 2010 at 10:46 AM.
coolie16bze no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old June 29th, 2010, 10:49 AM   #2
Tillor87
Moderador

Likes (Received): 1959

Well... unfortunately one of our countries are still considering homosexuality as a crime. I had no idea it was illegal in Belize...

I am glad at least a group of belizeans are now fighting for rights. I fully support the belizean community about this!
San José | Alajuela | Heredia | Cartago | Guanacaste | Puntarenas | Limón
Tillor87 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
belize

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: