search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > دار زايـــد United Arab Emirates > Completed Projects and Thread Archive > Completed Projects

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 6th, 2005, 11:52 PM   #41
dubaiflo
Back in the Sandpit

Likes (Received): 35

worse than the marina terrace...
dubaiflo no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 7th, 2005, 06:08 AM   #42
Dubai-Lover
Construction Paradise

Likes (Received): 5

must be bur juman in dubai

it looks the same and it takes them ages to finish the same part of the tower
Old August 12th, 2005, 01:36 AM   #43
Aloosh

Likes (Received): 0

Work on the striking Abu Dhabi Investment Authority (Adia) Tower, which occupies a seafront location on Abu Dhabi Corniche, is nearing completion and is due for handover shortly.

The twin-tower project, which rises to a height of 185 m, achieved structurally completion in April last year. Over the past year, work has been progressing on cladding the tower in one of the most advanced curtain-walling systems in the region and on finishing works that merit its stature as a hi-tech building.
The project, which provides a total floor area of 113,731 sq m, includes two slim-profiled high-rises – one 38 storeys high and the other 33 storeys with one basement level. This new headquarters building will offer 73,000 sq m of office space, arranged in two curved wings on each side of a 17-storey atrium. The atrium is a gathering place for meeting and exchanging ideas.
Billowing sails and shifting sand dunes have inspired the curving forms of the tower, which creates a new and dramatic profile on Abu Dhabi’s skyline.
Standing adjacent to the towers is a seven-storey car-park, which will also house a rooftop leisure centre.
CRSS is the construction manager of the development, which has also drawn upon international expertise of firms such as Kohn Pedersen Fox Associates (International), the architect and Buro Happold, the consulting engineer.
The main contractor for the project is Arabtec-Samsung Engineering and Construction while Kharafi National is the MEP contractor.
Construction work on the project started in January 2001. The complex sits on a raft foundation and comprises a reinforced concrete frame with structural steel clad in double-glazing, curtained with automatic blinds and air-conditioning within the two glass panels. The curtain walling system from Schmidlin covers the entire facade of the two towers.
“The tower is unique and will stand out among the many high-rises on the Abu Dhabi corniche,” says an Adia official.
This challenging project with an investment outlay of some Dh500 million ($136.2 million) required a double Facade design in a complex structural geometry, to withstand extremely high wind pressures and climate.
According to Buro Happold, the design of the structure was subjected to a number of wind tests. Physical wind models were constructed to model the wind pressures on the tower.
Elaborating on these tests, a spokesman for the firm says: “The curved surfaces on the two wing tips of the models were fitted with distributed surface roughness to promote turbulent boundary layers in the body surface, thereby generating higher effective Reynolds number and reducing scale effects. In order to simulate the effects of the nearby built environment and topography, both models were set within a 1:300 scale block format replica of the surrounding city buildings and wider land/seascape. The wind testing was conducted on a turntable in BMT’s Environmental Wind Tunnel
Aloosh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2005, 03:25 AM   #44
city of the future
city of the future

Likes (Received): 163

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubai-Lover
must be bur juman in dubai

it looks the same and it takes them ages to finish the same part of the tower
lol! its the same architect KPF and their buildings take time are true masterpieces!
city of the future no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2005, 05:08 PM   #45
Dubai_Boy
I love Abu Dhabi.

Likes (Received): 2061

ADs Tallest finally complete ^ ^

I dont think it looks half bad !! for you guys who dont know , its the one to the far left

make sure you scroll to the right thought

Old December 7th, 2005, 05:31 PM   #46
BinALAin
Me No English

Likes (Received): 1

nice.... thanks man

Dubai Ruler and UAE Minister of Defence, Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum
BinALAin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2005, 05:43 PM   #47
Krazy
Kool Kat

Are you sure Ahmed this one is complete? Have they taken off all the cranes? What about interiors... we need to know for sure to change on emporis. Thanks!

And yea.... we expect more pics from your new camera of this new tall!
Krazy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2005, 07:06 PM   #48
Dubai_Boy
I love Abu Dhabi.

no the interior isnt complete yet , well atleast not the top ten floors

so it 3/4 complete
Old December 7th, 2005, 09:17 PM   #49
BinALAin
Me No English

Dubai Boy ,,, were u fishing in da pic lol? how many u catch? catfish?

Dubai Ruler and UAE Minister of Defence, Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum
BinALAin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2005, 10:12 PM   #50
Dubai_Boy
I love Abu Dhabi.

Nope just a bunch of "Zalamotya" having fun
Old March 30th, 2006, 04:43 AM   #51
Krazy
Kool Kat

Adia selects Alpha Data to provide voice recording system

Abu Dhabi: Abu Dhabi-based IT solutions firm Alpha Data yesterday said it has been selected to provide voice recording system by the Abu Dhabi Investment Authority (Adia) at its new headquarters.

Alpha Data is the exclusive partner of ASC Voice Recording of Switzerland.

"One hundred per cent redundancy, unlimited scalability and advanced interoperability features have been the key factors that prompted our choice of ASC products" said Mohammad Alkhamiri, Adia section head.

"We foresee a good return on the investment that is being made today. Redundancy means zero downtime and high scalability will see us spending less on upgrades" he added.

"Organisations across the UAE are implementing voice recording solutions in line with international practices," said Waleed Saffarini, Manager of Alpha Data's Telecom Division,.
Old March 31st, 2006, 06:16 PM   #52
smussuw
Patriotic Emirati

Likes (Received): 527

no offence but I never liked this one, too out dated and looks cheap !!

credit for its height though
smussuw no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2006, 04:29 PM   #53
Krazy
Kool Kat

flickr

Old May 11th, 2006, 07:29 AM   #54
flares

Likes (Received): 3

I live in it's shadow and think it looks great. Also a fan of baynounah (sp!) tower.
Old May 11th, 2006, 04:08 PM   #55
Fluppet

That is a VERY cool photo!
Fluppet no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2006, 03:03 PM   #56
habibi

ADIA Tower.. Almost finished

This tower is at its finishing stage.. the final finishings are going on. The Managing Directors offices (at level 36, 33, 34) are to be completed, and offcourse the auditorium at basement also. It will be finished within Two months. The landscaping works are almost finished...
habibi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2006, 05:43 AM   #57
six453

hi habibi

do you have more details and drawings / renderings of this project? seems very interesting!

thanks!
six453 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2006, 08:08 AM   #58
habibi

six453,,,,,,,what are the details u want? i will try to collect it for you...
Old June 6th, 2006, 10:34 AM   #59
six453

hi habibi

thanks for quick reply! that was fast.. anyway perhaps some working drawings/plans/elevs/sections? mostly architecture-related drawings and images, or some hires renders?

please dont mistake me for asking too much, just wanted to inquire and cover all possible areas.. but whatver you may have sure would be alright and greatly appreciated!
six453 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2006, 03:12 PM   #60
habibi

six453,
I will try to give u. I hope I can give you some details by this weekend.