daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Fun Forums > Creative Corner > The Drawing Board > 3D Designs

3D Designs Showcase for your designs done in CAD, SketchUp or other 3D programs

Old August 23rd, 2013, 10:07 AM   #1
Makaveli96

Likes (Received): 114

The World Commerce Center

Basically I am working on a project as many of you know, the design is HEAVILY inspired by the original WTC so what I have done is I have gained the orginal highly detailed WTC model and I am planning on modifying it and making changes to it to make it look more modern. This includes making the towers bigger in height and width and redesigning the plaza and surrounding areas.

Now I have a few problems, my laptop cannot handle the original model due to it's size so I managed to get them made into separate parts to speed things up. Still I cant seem to finish the task I want to do. It's now been months and the dream is dieing and I am getting nowhere.

Will anyone be kind enough to help me out and get me started by completing a simple and easy task for experienced modelers?
Makaveli96 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old August 23rd, 2013, 03:33 PM   #2
mwahmed
Talk With Respect

Likes (Received): 7892

You should post something.
Old August 23rd, 2013, 03:48 PM   #3
UjaiDidida

Location: Kuala Lumpur Currently at: Johor Bahru From: Bandar Baru Bangi Favourite Food: Nasi Lemak
Likes (Received): 1359

If it cannot be done in computer, do it on paper and post it in 2D Designs section I just want to see your idea so this is the alternative way to express your idea. don't let an idea trapped in your mind for too long.

Makaveli96, mwahmed liked this post
UjaiDidida está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2013, 06:00 PM   #4
Makaveli96

Quote:
Originally Posted by UjaiDidida View Post
If it cannot be done in computer, do it on paper and post it in 2D Designs section I just want to see your idea so this is the alternative way to express your idea. don't let an idea trapped in your mind for too long.
Ah thanks for the support man , last thing I want is to come across as a whine or lazy. I just need a little head start then I can start adding thing to the complex and modeling myself.

Is there any reason why it can be done on computer cause in all honesty I was kind of hoping to finish it then upload it to google earth and view it there but it's running quite slow for that and that's another problem cause am not sure why.

However, am pretty sure it can be done, it's actually quite simple I just cant seem to do it. All that needs to be done is for the towers to be selected, then temporally take away the top floors where the pattern changes, copy a few floors and stack them ontop of each other until the buildings reach a height near 2000ft, then place the top floors back to complete the height, then just scale the width of the towers to match their original presence and finally edit and work on the foundations by widening them for the new towers but that step can obviously be done in preparation.
Old August 23rd, 2013, 09:50 PM   #5
mwahmed
Talk With Respect

You should just start your work on paper. Your first building will make way for another. I have sketch many detailed models on paper. But for first i always try to draw a sketch in my mind. In my opinion you should first just make building boxes and then add detail as per need, it is much better way as i done many times.
Old August 24th, 2013, 09:27 AM   #6
Makaveli96

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwahmed View Post
You should just start your work on paper. Your first building will make way for another. I have sketch many detailed models on paper. But for first i always try to draw a sketch in my mind. In my opinion you should first just make building boxes and then add detail as per need, it is much better way as i done many times.
That's the thing, I have sketches but am not an amazing drawer so there not that worthy. I just really am trying to create them visually and let me just view and enjoy them when ever I feel like it. It's the sense of achievement and knowing I did it after all these years.

Will anyone be able to help me out at all ?
Old August 24th, 2013, 09:49 AM   #7
UjaiDidida

Location: Kuala Lumpur Currently at: Johor Bahru From: Bandar Baru Bangi Favourite Food: Nasi Lemak

Clearly.. how what can I help you?

mwahmed, Makaveli96 liked this post
UjaiDidida está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2013, 06:44 PM   #8
Makaveli96

Quote:
Clearly.. how what can I help you?
Ah man thank you , seriously once this is done I will be on my way in all honesty just this one stumbling block. Basically all am looking for is two 2000ft towers within the same complex just with the foundations extended. So basically I want them the same as the originals presence wise and how the floors were laid out. That basically means all that needs done is for the floors to be added up to 2000ft and the presence of the towers maintained so once they are made taller they need scaled wider to fit the orginal dominating presence.

I promise once this is done I will be able to deliver an impressive modern complex.

Thanks!
Old August 24th, 2013, 07:24 PM   #9
mwahmed
Talk With Respect

You should start something at least then we can help you otherwise we can't understand anything.
Old August 24th, 2013, 07:50 PM   #10
Makaveli96

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwahmed View Post
You should start something at least then we can help you otherwise we can't understand anything.
Huh I have, there is a full scaled model ready to be sent right away if that is what you mean? It has everything just has not been modified to fit the larger towers.
Old August 25th, 2013, 05:09 PM   #11
Makaveli96

Here is the model I was talking about, this should give you an idea of what it is like and how to edit it:

Old August 25th, 2013, 05:22 PM   #12
UjaiDidida

cool model. what do u want to do with it?
Old August 25th, 2013, 05:58 PM   #13
Makaveli96

Quote:
cool model. what do u want to do with it?
Basically I will put it this way so it's easier to understand and I will use another SketchUp model for the example:

Here is the normal size of the complex (using another model). I want this presence maintained even when the towers (and only the towers) are made bigger.

And here is the towers made bigger, they are now 2000ft but the complex has remained the same. This is what I want done to my model. However my model has floors so you cant just scale it. The top floor will need to temporally be removed so the floors can be copied upwards then it can be placed back on to complete the 2000ft height. Then the buildings need to be scaled width wise to maintain there dominating presence.

Old August 28th, 2013, 06:27 PM   #14
Makaveli96

Well last chance of asking, will anyone on here please be able to at least have a go at this? If not I really cant see this getting anywhere so the file will be up for grabs anyway. It's a good model with hours worth of work as well. But if ANYONE can help it would be appreciated massively and you will be credited. All that needs done is some work on the model making it run faster then the actual work on the towers.