SkyscraperCity Forum banner

[COMPLETED] Tanjong Pagar Centre / Guoco Tower / Clermont Residence | 78 Storeys | 290m | 2017

165K views 436 replies 62 participants last post by  georgesmith174 
#1 ·
http://www.ura.gov.sg/pr/graphics/2010/pr10-88a1.pdf

The Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA) launched the White site at Peck Seah Street / Choon Guan Street for sale by public tender today.

The 1.5 ha land parcel is launched for sale as a Confirmed List site under the 2nd half 2010 Government Land Sales Programme
Fronting the key junction of several major roads such as Maxwell Road, Cecil Street, Anson Road and Robinson Road, the land parcel enjoys a high degree of visibility. With the potential of reaching a height of 280m AMSL (Above Mean Sea Level), the future development will command panoramic views of the city skyline across the CBD to the Marina Bay area, and the Chinatown Historical District.

The future development on the land parcel also enjoys direct frontage onto Tanjong Pagar Park which is part of the ‘green necklace’ linking Pearl’s Hill through Duxton Plain Park to the waterfront promenade at Marina Bay.

Strategically located next to the Tanjong Pagar MRT Station, the development will also be linked directly via the extensive underground pedestrian network to surrounding developments at Capital Tower, International Plaza and 8 Shenton Way. The development on the land parcel will enjoy easy access to other key districts within the city, such as the CBD and the Marina Bay area. Its proximity to the Ayer Rajah Expressway (AYE), East Coast Expressway (ECP) and Central Expressway (CTE) provides excellent connections to the rest of the island and Changi Airport.

With a sizeable gross floor area (GFA) of 157,744 m2 (GFA), the land parcel provides an excellent opportunity for a high-quality mixed use development that will further anchor the precinct as a prominent business hub within the city centre.

A minimum of 60% of the maximum permissible GFA is to be developed for office use to build up the critical mass of office space in Tanjong Pagar area. The developer will also be required to allocate at least another 10% of the maximum permissible GFA for hotel rooms and hotel-related uses, to provide more hotel options in the CBD area and to enhance the vibrancy in the city centre. The details of the land parcel are given in Annex 3

See less See more
#383 ·
That's interesting, I guess that's what happens when there's a vacuum, plus those areas have quite pleasant urban spaces.

Tanjong Pagar will grow incrementally with the increase in live-in population and hotels. Plus more restaurants might attract more crowd. I noticed the Japanese eatery at Orchid Hotel thrives well at night.

#386 ·
Why do you say that the plot is not meant for such development? Its sizeable enough and integrates with the public transport facility, and the height controls in that area do support taller developments in Singapore.

I do like the dark-horse vibes this development gives out though.

#389 ·
#393 ·
#394 ·
#395 ·
#401 ·
Basement shopping mall is already open, as well as the office tower apparently. You can now directly go from the MRT to the lobby of the tower and see a few stores open along the way. It makes Tanjong Pagar MRT looks more spacious once your cross the gates.

The surface is still buzzing though with the construction going full steam likely for a few more weeks more.

I'll try to take pics next time I am passing by, unless Mith has a chance to go before :)

#406 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.