daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Philippine Forums > Around the Philippines > Photography, Heritage and Architecture

Photography, Heritage and Architecture Participate in the FPC, the weekly Filipino Photo Contest

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 5th, 2006, 11:28 PM   #1
tigidig14
Mucho Mandingo Papi

Iglesia ni Cristo (INC)

rewind, i posted this on foto album too

wala lang magawa pinictsuran ko yung Iglesia ni Cristo sa Chicago
tigidig14 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old December 5th, 2006, 11:30 PM   #2
tigidig14
Mucho Mandingo Papi

ito naman sa Divisoria, Manila

seng guan temple sa nara street

^maepal na ma'ma nakuhaan ko rin ng foto
tigidig14 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2006, 12:46 AM   #3
Lili
The Original is The Best

Likes (Received): 8

Natatawa naman ako sa epal.
Lili no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2006, 11:11 AM   #4
pau_p1
Proud to be Filipino

Likes (Received): 166

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigs View Post
rewind, i posted this on foto album too

wala lang magawa pinictsuran ko yung Iglesia ni Cristo sa Chicago
hmmm... teka.. why is it... that it does not have the towers of a regular INC church... why did it diverted from it standard design...

I believe there was a reason for the design of each INC locally because of a vision Manalo got that his church should look as such....
pau_p1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2007, 04:30 PM   #5
LordCarnal
Filius Dei

Likes (Received): 6

Since we really can't control people from using our photos without citing sources, then the least thing that we could do is to put labels on the photo with our names on it.

The internet kasi is a vast information gold mine and I think there's a very huge difference between the internet and the library (in some libraries they don't allow you to photocopy a book while you can print everything you want in the internet). The end purpose of the internet would be defeated if we are to restrict access to it (in any form by any means).

Even in my blog, since I'm tired of putting my name on every photo of name, naglagay nalang ako ng copyright notice.

LordCarnal no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2007, 04:35 PM   #6
TheAvenger
Guardian Angel

Likes (Received): 295

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanhenares View Post
I still believe permission is needed whether or not the author put copyright. It's simple courtesy.

But Alex was willing to lend photos just as long as he was credited. I noticed many of us SSC forumers scour the net for photos, upload them in their own flickr/photobucket accounts, and post them here as if they are our own. Let's give the owners due courtesy by posting our sources.

It's good that you allow people to post your photos in other forums without permission. But how would you feel if they did not credit you for it? Or worse, claim it as their own?
if my shot is quite nice then I will put my watermark name ....
i don't mind if they claim those shots that I think is not nice.

of course it is also nice to practice courtesy .....

also anyone will feel better if they hear compliments like .... oh you got a terrific shots ......... can i copy it and post it ?

Last edited by TheAvenger; July 24th, 2007 at 04:46 PM.
TheAvenger no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2007, 04:39 PM   #7
TheAvenger
Guardian Angel

Likes (Received): 295

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnold_carl View Post

Since we really can't control people from using our photos without citing sources, then the least thing that we could do is to put labels on the photo with our names on it.

The internet kasi is a vast information gold mine and I think there's a very huge difference between the internet and the library (in some libraries they don't allow you to photocopy a book while you can print everything you want in the internet). The end purpose of the internet would be defeated if we are to restrict access to it (in any form by any means).

Even in my blog, since I'm tired of putting my name on every photo of name, naglagay nalang ako ng copyright notice.

nakakatamad and tiresome talagang maglagay ng watermark sa mga photos....
TheAvenger no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2007, 04:44 PM   #8
LordCarnal
Filius Dei

Yeah, anyway, everytime I upload photos in the internet, I always condition my mind that such photos will be used by others. Because of that, I don't usually upload high-res ones. Hehe..

Old July 31st, 2007, 07:21 AM   #9
overtureph

Likes (Received): 0

Wow! Great pictures Lucentino. Three stories pa ba hanggang ngayon yung kumbento sa Sariaya?
overtureph no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2007, 08:21 AM   #10
Lucentino
®

Likes (Received): 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by overtureph View Post
Wow! Great pictures Lucentino. Three stories pa ba hanggang ngayon yung kumbento sa Sariaya?
Nope, from this pic its now only a two storey edifice...

The Re-birth of the Philippine National Railways tR
Lucentino no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2007, 02:10 AM   #11
icarusrising

Likes (Received): 1233

Hi guys, just want to try posting a picture... I got the picture from a blog regarding Architect Carlos Santos-Viola, one of the very first graduates of UST where he also became a faculty.

The image shows the Iglesia ni Cristo house of worship in Cubao along E. Rodriguez Avenue which was built in 1954. Although, it is not the first INC concrete house of worship, I believe this edifice became the forerunner of the distinctive style that we now associate with the INC.

The INC Central Temple in Diliman, Quezon City finished in 1984 is also a Carlos Santos-Viola design according to the Cultural Center of the Philippines Encyclopedia Architecture volume.

Last edited by icarusrising; September 1st, 2007 at 01:11 PM. Reason: to insert the picture
icarusrising no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2007, 02:14 AM   #12
icarusrising

It appears that Carlos Santos-Viola is the architect for the major projects of the INC. His other early works include...

The Baguio house of worship

The Angeles City house of worship

All of these images were taken from a blog site with text from Mr. Carlos "Boying" Viola which pays tribute to the master architect.

Last edited by icarusrising; September 1st, 2007 at 01:16 PM. Reason: to make it different from the first one
Old August 7th, 2007, 07:27 AM   #13
icarusrising

The Cebu City "kapilya" already featured elsewhere in this thread was also designed by Architect Santos-Viola. I got these images from the same blog site...

In the most populous district of Manila, there's the Tondo house of worship...

And along San Marcelino Street in Paco, Manila...

The Facade

The Rear

Back in Quezon City, the Bago Bantay house of worship along busy Epifanio Delos Santos Avenue...

Elsewhere in Luzon... the Cabanatuan City house of worship...

And in Lucena...

Last edited by icarusrising; September 2nd, 2007 at 04:02 AM. Reason: to insert new pix links
Old August 7th, 2007, 06:43 PM   #14
icarusrising

The Biggest Religious Structure?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiretoce View Post
Just curious....what's the largest church/cathedral (of any religion, not just Roman Catholic) in the Philippines? Where is it located? What's the seating capacity?
I've read from the other posts that some believe the INC Central Temple in Diliman, Quezon City to be the largest worship building in the country.

An article from The Weekly Graphic Magazine which came out in July 1994 states that the INC Central Temple has a total floor area of 11,800 square meters. It has a seating capacity of 7,000 with plenty of room for standees. The highest point is the central tower which is 285.36 feet from the ground.

The Temple viewed from the top of the INC Museum and Galleries:

The INC Central Temple showing the Tabernacle Multi-Purpose Hall beside it:

Last edited by icarusrising; September 1st, 2007 at 01:06 PM. Reason: to insert new pix
Old August 8th, 2007, 03:09 PM   #15
dancethingy

Likes (Received): 4

Arroyo pledges support for church program in son’s town

By Juan Escandor Jr.
Inquirer
Last updated 07:49pm (Mla time) 08/08/2007

LIBMANAN, Camarines Sur, Philippines -- A social action director on Wednesday revealed that in late June, President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo met the clergymen here and pledged support for the programs of the Libmanan Prelature in this town, where her son Dato Arroyo was voted as representative of the first district of Camarines Sur.

In that meeting, the Social Action Center presented the pressing needs of the prelature that include the problem of destroyed churches and “capability-building needs of Catholic communities,” according to Father Granwell N. Pitapit, executive director of the social action center Prelature of Libmanan Development Foundation, Inc. (PLDFI).

Pitapit, 33, said on Wednesday they were not expecting a meeting with the President, so they scrambled to make the parish ready to receive the highest official of the land by having a makeover of the conference room of the parish, less than 12 hours before her arrival.

Aside from this, they brainstormed at 2 a.m. on what to present to the President, he said.

He narrated they had to rush to Naga City the night before the meeting just as department stores were about to close to be able to buy an air-conditioning unit, glass panes and other construction materials for the makeover of their conference room.

“We were deeply honored that for the first time in this town the President of the Philippines requested to have a special meeting with us priests. We wanted to show our Bicolano hospitality,” the young priest said.

He said Undersecretary Fatima A. S. Valdes of the religious affairs of Malacañang, called up at 6 p.m., a day before Congressman-elect Arroyo took his oath in an exclusive affair at the parish here.

Pitapit said the meeting with the President consisted of a formal presentation of the “counter paper” or proposal involving the social action initiatives of the Catholic Church aimed at alleviating the poverty situation in the 11 towns under the Libmanan Prelature.

He said the President was responsive to the problem of destroyed and damaged churches but emphasized the principle of the separation of Church and State.

She promised to refer them to donors and sources of non-government funds.

He said Ms Arroyo commented that it’s not simply decent altars that the Church needed here but the structure of the place of worship.

Pitapit said that due to widespread poverty parishioners were incapable of supporting the rehabilitation of churches in the 27 parishes covering 345 villages.

President Arroyo instructed Budget Secretary Rolando Andaya Jr. during the meeting, to review infrastructure projects that align with the priorities of the poverty alleviation projects of the PLDFI.

Copyright 2007 Inquirer. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
dancethingy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2007, 04:51 PM   #16
LordCarnal
Filius Dei

A very beautiful Gothic church. I think this is the biggest church in Cebu today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by icarus-rising View Post
The Cebu City "kapilya" already featured elsewhere in this thread was also designed by Architect Santos-Viola. I got these images from the same blog site...

Here,

Old August 12th, 2007, 05:09 PM   #17
flesh_is_weak
Oberste Richter

Likes (Received): 7

-delete-
flesh_is_weak no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2007, 05:07 AM   #18
Lucentino
®

Likes (Received): 31

Im not INC but I am fascinated by their "Kapilyas"... where do they get all these money to build such a beautiful edifice?

The Re-birth of the Philippine National Railways tR
Lucentino no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2007, 06:11 AM   #19
overtureph

I guess 1/10 of the members income goes to INC as tithing or ikapu. Maybe someone here is a member here and may shed some light to your question.
overtureph no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2007, 07:46 AM   #20
bukid
Fishful

our labandera is a member of INC and she says they pay 5pesos to enter the kapilya. now, i think i've heard that it's already 10pesos. that's only for the ordinary workers that are earning minimum wages or something lower. for those who have bigger income, i think they have to give one tenth of their income. kaya nga minsan hindi sya nagsisimba kasi wala syang 10pesos. pero kapag di naman sya nagsisimba pinupuntahan naman sya sa bahay nila kasi malapit ang bahay nila sa kapilya ng INC. at kinakausap daw sya pinagsisimba.

nung minsan, may nabiling native na manok ang tatay namin at ipinakatay sa kanya. hindi namin inaasahan ang sinabi nya sa amin. bawal daw sa religion nya na INC ang kumatay ng hayop pero kung iba ang pumatay at sila ang kakain ok lang. pero kapag sila ang kakatay bawal daw yun. kaya natawa nalang kami kasi plano pa naman namin na magpa-spray ng baygon sa kuarto dahil may mga lamok. e bawal pala sa kanila pumatay ng hayop.

edit ko lang para hindi masyadong OT.

Last edited by bukid; August 14th, 2007 at 11:21 AM.
bukid no está en línea   Reply With Quote