daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas > Proposed

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

View Poll Results: How many tiers should the new Curva Sud have?
One 132 48.00%
Two 67 24.36%
Three 76 27.64%
Voters: 275. You may not vote on this poll

Old December 7th, 2017, 07:17 PM   #941
MikkelAndersen

Likes (Received): 275

http://www.football-italia.net/11391...tadiums’

CONI President Giovanni Malago wants other clubs to push ahead with new stadiums, now Roma’s has been approved.

It was confirmed this week that the Giallorossi have been granted approval to begin work on the new arena in the Tor di Valle area, and they hope to open the new ground for 2020.

“Should other clubs take the same step?” Malago considered, speaking as he arrived for a conference in Rome.

“Absolutely, for Lazio and other clubs which are carrying these projects forward. Cagliari are a long way down the road, things are moving in Bologna, then there’s Florence too.

“There’s turmoil in Milan, there’s a discourse underway with the city of Bari and we’re waiting to understand what will happen in Naples.

“If I’ve forgotten anyone I don’t want to be disrespectful, but that’s the future, I’ve always supported this.”

EPA001 liked this post
MikkelAndersen no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 7th, 2017, 11:23 PM   #942
MikkelAndersen

He forgot Atalanta.
Old December 7th, 2017, 11:25 PM   #943
MikkelAndersen

Off topic: I blame Milan for losing important coefficient points in EL tonight. Atalanta won over Lyon. Well done. Italy need new stadiums and four CL spots.
Old December 9th, 2017, 04:36 PM   #944
IThomas

Pallotta: “Welcome to your new home.”
http://www.football-italia.net/11399...dio-della-roma

AS Roma President Jim Pallotta wrote an open letter to fans after the approval of the project.

Quote:
I was alone when I got the call to tell me it had been approved. I was waiting to watch the Champions League game and it was like an enormous weight had been lifted off my shoulders. I was happy for all those who worked so hard on this project.

I was above all happy for the Roma fans who always supported and believed in us, because this is their stadium. I know that when we presented our projects for the first time, there were massive doubts as to whether we’d be able to do it. ‘Pallotta can never manage it,’ or ‘the Americans won’t build a stadium in Rome, nobody can…’. Despite the many people who were diffident towards the club, I always believed the project would be approved, because it made no sense otherwise. A Capital needs a stadium like this.

For Roma to compete with the best sides in Europe, we must have our stadium. The best 10 clubs in Europe all have their own stadium. In order to consistently be in the Champions League knockout rounds and aim for trophies, we must have our stadium. With the new structure and entertainment complex, we can increase our revenue and invest even more in players, so Roma fans will have more chance of seeing their team win.

It’ll also allow us to invest in the team that works off the field. From the moment I arrived at Roma, I knew we’d need a new stadium, because this is the only way for our fans to enjoy the experience they deserve. The CONI (Italian Olympic Committee) does a great job with the Stadio Olimpico, but there are many limitations, such as needing to install and then remove certain structures for every game. With the new stadium and entertainment complex, the possibilities of doing great things for the fans are practically limitless.

We did great work on the hospitality area of the Stadio Olimpico, but I want the fans to experience this even outside the stadium. Even outside of football, Roma lost so many opportunities to host big events. The choice fell on other Capitals. In the last three or four years, I’ve spoken to many agencies who told me big events can’t be held in Rome because there is a lack of adequate structures. They told me that when the new stadium and entertainment complex are ready, the inhabitants of Rome – and not just football fans – will be able to enjoy many big events.

We must keep working to build the new stadium, but what fires me up every day is the thought of walking out on to the field of the new stadium, looking up to see 50,000 people cheering on our team. It’ll be one of the most beautiful and moving days of my life. Forza Roma.

Marcos70, EPA001, alabro liked this post
IThomas no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2017, 04:42 PM   #945
alexandru.mircea
Ars longa, vita brevis

Likes (Received): 10830

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikkelAndersen View Post
Off topic: I blame Milan for losing important coefficient points in EL tonight. Atalanta won over Lyon. Well done. Italy need new stadiums and four CL spots.
Serie A will be having four CL spots from next season...

===

Italian cities: pure beauty / France - One photo a day / Bucharest: timelapse + architecture
alexandru.mircea no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2017, 07:07 PM   #946
MikkelAndersen

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandru.mircea View Post
Serie A will be having four CL spots from next season...
I know. So far. But only the four best leagues have four teams in CL, so Italy need their teams to win in Europe.
Old December 12th, 2017, 06:38 AM   #947
5portsF4n

Likes (Received): 909

Quote:
I know. So far. But only the four best leagues have four teams in CL, so Italy need their teams to win in Europe.
The difference is massive between Italy in 3rd and France in 5th, 17 points. Considering the quality at the top end of the Serie A, it's hard to see how France could match that anytime soon. A successful PSG/Monaco isn't going to save France. Whereas you can really see Italian clubs going deep in both CL and EL over the next several years.
5portsF4n no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2017, 01:00 PM   #948
Melandri.R.

Likes (Received): 797

The general time schedule of the activities for the construction of the stadium.

alexandru.mircea, EPA001 liked this post
Melandri.R. no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2017, 09:38 PM   #949
IThomas

Italian architect, Carlo Ratti, Head of the Senseable City Lab of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in Boston (US), joins Daniel Libeskind and other architects to give his contribute to the upcoming Tor Di Valle project, south Rome.
http://www.pagineromaniste.com/il-ri...-di-libeskind/

Drawing on Carlo Ratti's research at the MIT, his office is currently involved in many projects across the globe, embracing every scale of intervention. The work of the practice merges design with cutting-edge digital technologies, so as to contribute to the creation of an architecture "that senses and responds". The studio investigated the ways in which new technologies, including digital sensors and portable devices, are changing both the built environment and everyday life.

He collaborates with a team of engineers and architects who rethink the cities of the future. The amount of studies realized have led Ratti to be become one of the world's leading experts in terms of modern and hi-tech buildings. The works of the practice have been featured in publications worldwide, including The New York Times, Financial Times, Wall Street Journal, The Guardian, BBC, Wired, Boston Globe, Der Spiegel, Corriere della Sera, Domus. The projects of the studio have been exhibited in cultural venues such as the Venice Biennale, New York’s MoMA, Istanbul Design Biennial, and many others.

See more:
Carlo Caratti Associates > http://www.carloratti.com
MIT Senseable City Lab >http://senseable.mit.edu/

Andy380, EPA001 liked this post

Last edited by IThomas; December 16th, 2017 at 09:43 PM.
IThomas no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2018, 11:59 AM   #950
RMB2007

Likes (Received): 15885

Quote:
Roma ultras aimed a series of insulting banners and letters at President James Pallotta, insisting “we don’t want the new” Stadio Della Roma.

The patron finally got the all-clear to build the new arena and work is expected to begin this year, but not everyone is happy about it.

Pallotta spoke at the Leaders in Sport conference in London this week and some of his comments infuriated the fans.

“We’re spending a lot of time deciding on what security measures there will be, what kind of facial recognition we’ll use,” said Pallotta.

“Have any of you seen a match in Italy? Do you know what the derby between Roma and Lazio is like?

“In the north of Italy they don’t fight much, it’s not like that, but in the south like in Naples and Rome the security problems are very significant.

“A year-and-a-half ago we went to the police, sat around a table and asked: ‘why don’t you arrest these people?’ I opened up a file of people who had committed some acts but there were only blurred images.

“So they asked us to install HD cameras inside and we bought them, despite the fact we don’t own the stadium, to see who was creating the problems.”

Over the last 24 hours, a series of banners have appeared outside the Trigoria training ground and even at the site of the proposed new arena in Tor di Valle.

Messages including ‘Pallotta spy, go away’ and ‘Pallotta U$er’ were placed in full view, while a group of the Roma ultras sent an open letter to the President.

“The history of Roma has always been its fans, not its success on the field, and you are trying to actively destroy it by changing the club symbol, collaborating with the authorities on barriers in the Stadio Olimpico, staying silent on fines, going against your own people.

“So what do we say to you? We don’t want the new stadium!!! We don’t want a President like this! If you have to use and insult us… In any case, we will always represent Roma and its fans, so many of you pass by and the Curva Sud remains.”
https://www.football-italia.net/1155...-turn-pallotta
RMB2007 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2018, 12:35 PM   #951
Andy380
Per Aspera Ad Astra

Likes (Received): 2828

Pallotta gave the right definition about these guys some time ago.

Stephen Hawking

« Finché esisterà il Colosseo, esisterà anche Roma; quando cadrà il Colosseo, cadrà anche Roma; quando cadrà Roma, cadrà anche il mondo »

https://stadiodellaromafaq.wordpress.com

Alien x liked this post
Andy380 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2018, 05:19 PM   #952
EPA001

Likes (Received): 5831

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMB2007 View Post
“So what do we say to you? We don’t want the new stadium!!! We don’t want a President like this! If you have to use and insult us… In any case, we will always represent Roma and its fans, so many of you pass by and the Curva Sud remains.”

https://www.football-italia.net/1155...-turn-pallotta
Even though that last statement may be correct (it also may not be correct, depending how you look at things), I have heard such arguments too often from fans opposing the future of their clubs. And always without them delivering a real viable alternative to secure the financial future of their favourite club.

Football is developing quickly, from the long-time conservative landscape it had settled in. Such developments are by no means always positive, but they are happening and can't be avoided. On can be left behind if one does not go along, and in the end that should be something nobody should want for their club.

Of course fans can and should remain critical on what is happening within their club, but they hardly have real influence, and should not pretend they have. Critical thoughts should be listened to by the club's management, and possibly (in rare cases) the course of the club could be changed because of it, but the management (or the owner) is responsible for the club's strategy. Being listened to should not be mistaken with determining the course of actions, which some fan groups seem to want.
"Atheism is more than just the knowledge that Gods do not exist, and that religion is either a mistake or a fraud. Atheism is an attitude, a frame of mind that looks at the world objectively, fearlessly, always trying to understand all things as a part of nature" - Carl Sagan

Andy380 liked this post

Last edited by EPA001; January 14th, 2018 at 05:53 PM. Reason: Typo
EPA001 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2018, 05:51 PM   #953
Andy380
Per Aspera Ad Astra

I totally agree. Lately there's a common saying in Rome: "every supporter is a coach, a player, an architect, an urban planner, a president, a director". Everyone seems to know everything about anything. And all this is amplified by newspapers and radios. There are at least 5 radios in Rome that talk about AS Roma only, 24/7.

Something normal becomes outrageous in Rome.

Stephen Hawking

« Finché esisterà il Colosseo, esisterà anche Roma; quando cadrà il Colosseo, cadrà anche Roma; quando cadrà Roma, cadrà anche il mondo »

EPA001 liked this post
Old January 14th, 2018, 05:52 PM   #954
MikkelAndersen

Any news on a constructing date? Now they have the permission why don't they begin?
Old January 14th, 2018, 05:59 PM   #955
Andy380
Per Aspera Ad Astra

Quote:
Any news on a constructing date? Now they have the permission why don't they begin?
Next month City Of Rome completes the change of the urban plan, then they can start.

Stephen Hawking

EPA001 liked this post
Old January 16th, 2018, 04:06 PM   #956
gazzaa2

Likes (Received): 96

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMB2007 View Post
They won't even turn up at the ground they've got now, they've boycotted that for years.
gazzaa2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
rome