daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > South > South India Projects > Kerala > Kollam

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old Yesterday, 08:26 AM   #10901
NANDAKUMAR KOLLAM

Likes (Received): 1128

Sorry to post this in projects thread but doing it to get max attention, an initiative named as QUICK launched aimed at effective participation of people in various developmental projects. I invite all klm lovers to join in it .

I request all who dreams of a beautiful, clean and developed kollam to call any of the above persons and give your valuable suggestions. I attended the inagural seminar yesterday and encouraged by the outstanding presentation and discussions , especially the one by m.k.salim, no words to describe, so vibrant. I am confident friends that situations will change as there are lot of peoples are there who are passionate for kollam.

Premraj, Reghu, Viniltcr liked this post
NANDAKUMAR KOLLAM no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old Yesterday, 08:28 AM   #10902
NANDAKUMAR KOLLAM

Reghu liked this post
Old Yesterday, 08:30 AM   #10903
NANDAKUMAR KOLLAM

Premraj, Reghu liked this post
Old Yesterday, 08:31 AM   #10904
NANDAKUMAR KOLLAM

Old Yesterday, 08:40 AM   #10905
Reghu
Kollam Rising

Likes (Received): 2637

Absolutely, Nanda. Infact, this is great sign and ofcourse all the due credits to the concerned and especially MK Salim Sir who has voluntarily came out with his great ideas for Kollam's development.

My sincere request to all Kollam lovers that we should support QUIK and MK Salim Sir in all his efforts including his candidature from Kollam if he contest in any of the upcoming elcections be it from any party. We do not want any party, we want leaders who have vision and who do something significant for Kollam's overall development. People like MK Salim and his group become very relevant in this context.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NANDAKUMAR KOLLAM View Post

I request all who dreams of a beautiful, clean and developed kollam to call any of the above persons and give your valuable suggestions. I attended the inagural seminar yesterday and encouraged by the outstanding presentation and discussions , especially the one by m.k.salim, no words to describe, so vibrant. I am confident friends that situations will change as there are lot of peoples are there who are passionate for kollam.

Visit:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Reghu; Yesterday at 08:55 AM.
Reghu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:43 AM   #10906
Reghu
Kollam Rising

What was the discussion summary regarding Chinnakada Underpass? Can we do something different to save the location and to give some relief to the project at this later stage.

Quote:

Visit:
Old Yesterday, 09:07 AM   #10907
Quilonsky
Anonymous

Likes (Received): 350

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumarktr View Post
This is the attitude we have to change. I agree that there scope in tourism and port. Except this, we are backward in public and private sector.you should visit other cities very well. Then we can understand that where we are.. May your attitude lead kollam... First we have to understand our own status.other we will remain same like this. That's My point.. Mk salim should lead
Nothing can happen if the attitude of a commoner like me change. If I was a rich person like Ravi Pillai, your point was valid. But Since, I have visited many cities in various states, I feel that Kollam is not behind in growth. It is not a stunted growth, my friend. It is just a healthy growth. Now think why cities like Kottayam and Thrissur grew vertically. Kottayam has Lake Vembanad, Kuttanad etc on one side which forces the city to grow within a certain region. Similarly, Thrissur's outskirts is welcomed by Kole lands. Another reason is that these cities have a good bunch of medium level business persons and NRIs who are waiting for investments on various sectors. Kollam though bottlenecked by Ashtamudi, has a huge network or parallel roads which leads to the development of smaller towns like Kottiyam, Chavara, Kundara, Anchalummood, Kannanalloor etc. Due to political games, they are not added to Kollam City.

And also, i have seen many persons telling frequently about Kollam's development. Old Collectors, MPs, Ex Ministers, Politicians, Social Leaders...et c etc do the same. But why they did not do that when they were in power???? But where is the change that came due to their blah blah? The recent demand is a medical college within Kollam City. Instead of forcing NTC to utilise its commercial land for a skyscrapers, we are blindly forcing for a MC within Kollam city. Take the case of Ullur. Just because of MC, the place has complex traffic blocks all the time. In Thrissur and Alleppey, they shifted MCs to outskirts. Do you think Kollam city can afford another traffic block creator? Moreover, it is not practical to get NTC's land. Still, the politicians blah blah for it. My opinion is that we must be practical.... Kollam does not get any thing because the district does not have any politicians with a good vision. They only say something to create problems. The present Congress government exploits that differences. If a project comes to Pala or Kottayam, both the parties support to get it materialise. But at Kollam, one will try to argue. If properly proposed, Kollam could have got an AIMS at teh place of ESI Parippally. Instead of doing that, the politicians are trying not to lose votes by cunningly speaking for laborers. Are they really loving labourers? or Votes?

We can draw pictures of huge towers and flyovers. But if it needs to come into reality, people must convince the existing business men who owns the land within the city. Or legal problems may arise. Take the case of Iron Bridge. Or the city must be developed to a new Kollam area leaving Chinnakkada and Chamakkada.

Finally to support my points, i may tell that there are 13 city corporations in Tamil Nadu - Chennai, Coimbatore, Madurai, Trichy, Salem, Tirunelveli, Erode, Tiruppur, Tuticorin, Vellore, Thanjavur and Dindigul. Except Chennai and Coimbatore, the other cities does not have many very huge flat complexes. Tirunelveli or Thanjavur may not have as many high apartment projects as Tiruvalla. Does it mean that Tirunelveli is a city smaller than Thiruvalla? Similarly Chennai does not have as many tall towers like Kochi or even Trivandrum. Some cultures support vertical growth, while some support horizontal. And it does not mean vertical growth is superior to horizontal growth.

TiGeRcLaW88, Reghu, dilmohanklm liked this post
Quilonsky no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:22 AM   #10908
Viniltcr

Likes (Received): 1890

Quote:

Good Move.......... There should be like this in Thrissur too

City of Gold & Banks
City of Entrepreneurs
City of Arts and Festivals
City of Ayurveda and Healthcare
City surrounded by Natural Beauty
3rd largest urban agglomeration in Kerala
City of Splendid Lifestyle and Shopping experience
City of Excellent Educational Institutions & Headquarters of KUHS,KAU etc..

Thrissur city - Cultural Capital City Of Kerala

Reghu liked this post
Viniltcr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:24 AM   #10909
NANDAKUMAR KOLLAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reghu View Post
What was the discussion summary regarding Chinnakada Underpass? Can we do something different to save the location and to give some relief to the project at this later stage.
The proposal was to built the overbridge in pillars, which will looks beautiful and save space. But the mayor is doubtful in mobilising more funds.

Reghu liked this post
Old Yesterday, 09:36 AM   #10910
maheshponneth

Likes (Received): 2110

The TMC was moved to M G Kavu not on the basis of of traffic block. it is on the basis of sufficient space for entire TMC. In the city it had the place for some sections of hospital. The college, nursing college, and the remaining sections of TMC was in M G Kavu. This is only due to the space available there( and during 1977 it got in cheap rate) .So what happened some sections of TMC is M G Kavu and some sections in swaraj round. this created many problems to both patients and staff. So thinking if all blocks are placed in one place , it will be easy for the people. and staff too. Thus the part of TMC shifted to M G Kavu . It is not on the basis of traffic block. Currently in the same place, where TMC situated in swaraj round , General hospital came(old district hospital. since the land , in which TMC existed ,was of District hospital)

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag us down to their level and then beat us with experience:
Mark Twain

Visit

waterways in Thrissur

maheshponneth no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:40 AM   #10911
maheshponneth

Medical college is a final destination for the poor people in a place to cure diseases. The rate of consultation in private hospitals are very high. It is not affordable for common man.

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag us down to their level and then beat us with experience:
Mark Twain

Visit

waterways in Thrissur

Reghu liked this post
Old Yesterday, 10:11 AM   #10912
Reghu
Kollam Rising

Ashtamudi Lake seemed as a bottleneck due to infrastrucutre lackings as the lake has engulfed the city and some of critical panchayaths nearby..the classical example is Thrikkadavoor just 3.5 Kms away from city center but surrounded by Ashtamudi Lake on 3 sides and is almost a peninsular region. The only bridge connecting this panchayath to the city is Thevally bridge and is not in good condition to afford a NH-220 (proposed through this route) where trucks and lorries have to pass by.

I think this issue will be resolved to some extent when the Kollam Bypass from Kallumthazham to Kadavoor and Kadavoor to Kureepuzha and Kureepuzha to Kavanad reaches are realized. The 2 bridges that connect Kollam corporation to Thrikkadavoor panchayath through NH Bypass are some the longest in Kerala with enough width. Also, the proposed Kannankkatu Bridge that connects Perumon to Mundroe Islands region and towards Sashtncottha and the proposed NH-220 alignment if realized will considerably resolve these bottleneck issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quilonsky View Post
Nothing can happen if the attitude of a commoner like me change. If I was a rich person like Ravi Pillai, your point was valid. But Since, I have visited many cities in various states, I feel that Kollam is not behind in growth. It is not a stunted growth, my friend. It is just a healthy growth. Now think why cities like Kottayam and Thrissur grew vertically. Kottayam has Lake Vembanad, Kuttanad etc on one side which forces the city to grow within a certain region. Similarly, Thrissur's outskirts is welcomed by Kole lands. Another reason is that these cities have a good bunch of medium level business persons and NRIs who are waiting for investments on various sectors. Kollam though bottlenecked by Ashtamudi, has a huge network or parallel roads which leads to the development of smaller towns like Kottiyam, Chavara, Kundara, Anchalummood, Kannanalloor etc. Due to political games, they are not added to Kollam City.

And also, i have seen many persons telling frequently about Kollam's development. Old Collectors, MPs, Ex Ministers, Politicians, Social Leaders...et c etc do the same. But why they did not do that when they were in power???? But where is the change that came due to their blah blah? The recent demand is a medical college within Kollam City. Instead of forcing NTC to utilise its commercial land for a skyscrapers, we are blindly forcing for a MC within Kollam city. Take the case of Ullur. Just because of MC, the place has complex traffic blocks all the time. In Thrissur and Alleppey, they shifted MCs to outskirts. Do you think Kollam city can afford another traffic block creator? Moreover, it is not practical to get NTC's land. Still, the politicians blah blah for it. My opinion is that we must be practical.... Kollam does not get any thing because the district does not have any politicians with a good vision. They only say something to create problems. The present Congress government exploits that differences. If a project comes to Pala or Kottayam, both the parties support to get it materialise. But at Kollam, one will try to argue. If properly proposed, Kollam could have got an AIMS at teh place of ESI Parippally. Instead of doing that, the politicians are trying not to lose votes by cunningly speaking for laborers. Are they really loving labourers? or Votes?

We can draw pictures of huge towers and flyovers. But if it needs to come into reality, people must convince the existing business men who owns the land within the city. Or legal problems may arise. Take the case of Iron Bridge. Or the city must be developed to a new Kollam area leaving Chinnakkada and Chamakkada.

Finally to support my points, i may tell that there are 13 city corporations in Tamil Nadu - Chennai, Coimbatore, Madurai, Trichy, Salem, Tirunelveli, Erode, Tiruppur, Tuticorin, Vellore, Thanjavur and Dindigul. Except Chennai and Coimbatore, the other cities does not have many very huge flat complexes. Tirunelveli or Thanjavur may not have as many high apartment projects as Tiruvalla. Does it mean that Tirunelveli is a city smaller than Thiruvalla? Similarly Chennai does not have as many tall towers like Kochi or even Trivandrum. Some cultures support vertical growth, while some support horizontal. And it does not mean vertical growth is superior to horizontal growth.

Visit:
Old Yesterday, 11:05 AM   #10913
NANDAKUMAR KOLLAM

Reghu, kumarktr liked this post
Old Yesterday, 11:06 AM   #10914
NANDAKUMAR KOLLAM

Reghu, kumarktr liked this post
Old Yesterday, 11:18 AM   #10915
NANDAKUMAR KOLLAM

Quote:
Nanda, I think you are talking about the 4-lane Ashramam - Kappalandi Mukku road. Infact, it came during the tenure of the first Kollam corporation rule during the period of LDF and especially during Mayor Padmalochanan's time.

Both Sabitha Bheegam and Prasanna Earnest have not made any earnest effort in Kollam's development. Interestinlgy none of these lady mayors including the current one has any idea about a city corporations development and have no vision.

Padmalochanan had a vision and with the help of PKG and the then LDF goverment could bring some face changing infra development during the 200 - 2005 tenure which includes Ashramam - Kappalandimukku 4-lane road, Link road start, Kollam Port - Thankasseri 4-lane road, Ashramam Children's park development, Kollam Beach development, etc..

He has started so many projects but he was dethroned from the post as he attented the RSS function at Ashramam. Infact, we need visionary leaders such as Padmalochanan be it from LDF or UDF.

UDF governemt as always ignored Kollam city development and the current LDF-led corporation is also an utter failure and hitting more nails to Kollam's coffin.
No, i was talking about the rd from taluk office to chinnakkada to kappalandi mukku rd, which was beautified with divider in 90's. Yesterday during seminar somebody was pointing out this.

Reghu liked this post
Old Yesterday, 11:24 AM   #10916
Reghu
Kollam Rising

Friends, a great news related to Kollam Port's business prospects.

Cashew import from Tuticorin Port to Kollam Port to start from April 2015. The final agreement has been reached in this regard the previous day when the group including Kollam Port officer and Cashew businessmen from Kollam met the Tuticorin Port officals. The cashew import season starts in March with the first ship from Africa to leaves in March to reach Tuticorin Port in April.

Later other cargo services will start from Tuticorin Port to Kollam Port.

For more information visit our Kollam Port (Thankasseri) l Neendakara Port thread

Visit:

Premraj, NANDAKUMAR KOLLAM liked this post

Last edited by Reghu; Yesterday at 01:17 PM.
Old Yesterday, 04:30 PM   #10917
Quilonsky
Anonymous

Quote:
Ashtamudi Lake seemed as a bottleneck due to infrastrucutre lackings as the lake has engulfed the city and some of critical panchayaths nearby..the classical example is Thrikkadavoor just 3.5 Kms away from city center but surrounded by Ashtamudi Lake on 3 sides and is almost a peninsular region. The only bridge connecting this panchayath to the city is Thevally bridge and is not in good condition to afford a NH-220 (proposed through this route) where trucks and lorries have to pass by.

I think this issue will be resolved to some extent when the Kollam Bypass from Kallumthazham to Kadavoor and Kadavoor to Kureepuzha and Kureepuzha to Kavanad reaches are realized. The 2 bridges that connect Kollam corporation to Thrikkadavoor panchayath through NH Bypass are some the longest in Kerala with enough width. Also, the proposed Kannankkatu Bridge that connects Perumon to Mundroe Islands region and towards Sashtncottha and the proposed NH-220 alignment if realized will considerably resolve these bottleneck issues.
Yes, that is what I said. Kollam's prospect of spreading more horizontally is very high compared to other cities. A few bridges can make the difference. The proposed road from Asramam to Thrikkadavoor, Next phase of Link Road, Byepass etc pours in more land to the city. My opinion is that they must seriously think of a bridge at Mammoottil Kadavu also. Lake Ashtamudi is not creating trouble for Kollam's development. The problem is only the attitude and lack of vision of the administrators and politicians here.

There is frequent complaint that Railway line is a major problem for Kollam City's development. Infact, if there were a few more overbridges, the problem could have been easily solved. Instead, the politicians will look for lame excuses.

NANDAKUMAR KOLLAM, Reghu liked this post
Old Yesterday, 04:39 PM   #10918
Quilonsky
Anonymous

Quote:
Kollam has the ample potential for getting one of the most beautiful and planned KSRTC bus stations in Kerala. If they were ready to acquire the piece of land between the bus station and Workshop (Depot), they can build a huge bus station with lots of commercial space. Like Trivandrum, i feel they must think of building one or two depots in the outskirts viz. Kottiyam, Kundara and shift all maintenance to such places. Now the questions arise:

Will RP Mall management allow KSRTC to develop a commercial area very close to the existing mall since KSRTC's commercial space will reduce the rates of rents in the area?

Will NGO Union Office, a muslim religious institution and the little shop owners be ready to give up their space?

Will KSRTC ministers have the vision to utilise the high potential?

As we say, the attitude of the politicians to Kollam is a major problem. They are still sleeping with the 3-city dream.

And also, I feel that they must think of a railway container terminal at Kollam Port and not at Kollam Jn. And also an inland water terminal too. The distance between Kollam Canal and Kollam Port is only a few meters. An inland water terminal can easily be created by extending the Kollam Canal to Kollam Port. A new railway line can easily be laid to Kollam beach to manage container transport and MEMU trains. Soon, once the BG conversion is over, Kollam will get saturated with MEMU and passenger trains. It needs one or two additional stations to handle them.

Reghu liked this post

Last edited by Quilonsky; Yesterday at 04:48 PM.
Old Yesterday, 04:52 PM   #10919
kumarktr

Likes (Received): 10

We Kollamite can only relax saying that Kollam is in horizontal development and Blah Blah

Still you are speaking like Frog in a well.We have to come out it.Other cities like TVM,Kochi,Thrissur & Calicut is developing and spreading both Vertically and horizontally.If there is more infrastructure and positive attitude towards developments, more investments are attracted.

Also attitude of Politicians, citizens and Businessmen also to be changed to welcome developments. An attitude like MK salim should be encouraged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quilonsky View Post

Reghu liked this post
kumarktr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:51 PM   #10920
maheshponneth

but you have ashtamudi as a blessing. you can have many tourism projects due to ashtamudi. more hotels like ravees can be expected here. because of high tourism potential.

Mark Twain

Visit

waterways in Thrissur

Reghu liked this post