search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > South > South India Projects > Karnataka

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 21st, 2017, 10:08 PM   #20241
tharun

Likes (Received): 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukundvs View Post

Comments: First of all no DEMU is running on Hindupur route, its conventional coaches with electric power. Its sad affairs for SWR changing plans because of political drama. Moreover the Blore Marikkupam swarna passenger isn't got much crowd, The major junk goes in by Jolerpettai express which has 13 coaches and explodes with crowd after whitefield. But whos bothered , politicians do they ever care ?
Have you traveled in the Marikuppam Swarna train? With 19 coaches there is no space even to stand. The politicians might have taken advantage of the protest, but the protest is genuine. Even if the MEMU coaches can take more passengers, 12 coach MEMU train cannot match 19 coach electric train. Most of the daily travelers from KGF depend of this train. Their demand is to make the new MEMU as additional train as they were already demanding for additional trains. More than 20 thousand people travel from KGF to Bangalore daily and not many direct trains. They come by bus to Bangarpet to catch trains coming from chennai/jolarpet side.
tharun no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 21st, 2017, 10:37 PM   #20242
naveen_blr

Likes (Received): 1471

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharun View Post
Have you traveled in the Marikuppam Swarna train? With 19 coaches there is no space even to stand. The politicians might have taken advantage of the protest, but the protest is genuine. Even if the MEMU coaches can take more passengers, 12 coach MEMU train cannot match 19 coach electric train. Most of the daily travelers from KGF depend of this train. Their demand is to make the new MEMU as additional train as they were already demanding for additional trains. More than 20 thousand people travel from KGF to Bangalore daily and not many direct trains. They come by bus to Bangarpet to catch trains coming from chennai/jolarpet side.
thanks for the information.
we do not know many ground realities like this and draw conclusions.
naveen_blr está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:12 AM   #20243
mukundvs

Likes (Received): 785

Quote:

YES I have travelled in that train couple of times and very much familiar with ground realities. Let me put in my experiance what I have noticed. The morning train which departs marikuppam at 6:20 am has this train packed with office goers, but the same very train in the evening which departs at Blore city 18:00hrs is not packed to the core because most of them prefer to travel by jolarpettai exp till Bangarpet as it departs early. Now Jolarpettai express which leaves at 17:30 hours has just 13 coaches gets over packed at whitefield . There is video on that by Naveen showing the state of this express train when it reaches whitefield, here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYTtN3JY0wI

Yes its genuine but we need change too. We need faster MEMU trains rather than old rotten conventional coaches. Why they have never stopped Jolarpettai exp and asked for 18 coaches. No one wants that because there is no political mileage through a genuine demand. KGF commuters should have welcomed MEMU but asked for 16 coaches MEMU or another MEMU with 12 coaches having back to back timings. Throwing stones and damaging a new train is not acceptable. I personally feel it was a political protest followed blindly by poor commuters who are not listened genuinely, neither by SWR or by politicians.
mukundvs no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:42 AM   #20244
mukundvs

http://epaper.deccanchronicle.com/ep...in.aspx#page15
Old Yesterday, 06:49 PM   #20245
naveen_blr

Likes (Received): 1471

really wishing with all heart that division is announced with the inauguration
naveen_blr está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:00 PM   #20246
MysoreOne

Likes (Received): 2499

Please retweet using following link for Solapur Gadag passenger extension to Hospete

https://twitter.com/KARailway/status/921953639077355520
MysoreOne no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:07 PM   #20247
mkaushik1991

Likes (Received): 143

Even though the new line may reduce distance. I don’t think any existing super fast/premium/express train will be re routed.

We can expect some DEMU between gulbarga and bidar.

But I guess we need one more train between Bidar and Bengaluru. Connectivity between these places is not good.

dyamannavar liked this post
mkaushik1991 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:31 AM   #20248
tharun

Likes (Received): 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukundvs View Post
YES I have travelled in that train couple of times and very much familiar with ground realities. Let me put in my experiance what I have noticed. The morning train which departs marikuppam at 6:20 am has this train packed with office goers, but the same very train in the evening which departs at Blore city 18:00hrs is not packed to the core because most of them prefer to travel by jolarpettai exp till Bangarpet as it departs early. Now Jolarpettai express which leaves at 17:30 hours has just 13 coaches gets over packed at whitefield . There is video on that by Naveen showing the state of this express train when it reaches whitefield, here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYTtN3JY0wI

Yes its genuine but we need change too. We need faster MEMU trains rather than old rotten conventional coaches. Why they have never stopped Jolarpettai exp and asked for 18 coaches. No one wants that because there is no political mileage through a genuine demand. KGF commuters should have welcomed MEMU but asked for 16 coaches MEMU or another MEMU with 12 coaches having back to back timings. Throwing stones and damaging a new train is not acceptable. I personally feel it was a political protest followed blindly by poor commuters who are not listened genuinely, neither by SWR or by politicians.
The protest was mainly for the morning train and they don't mind changing the evening one to MEMU. All office goers want reach their workplace in time. Yes in the evening they use trains depending on their personal work and needs. It was not political protest, the daily travelers started their protest immediately when the railways announced about new MEMU in the month of september. But politicians and miscreants used it.

I don't think MEMU supports more than 12 coaches. That is why the daily travelers don't want a replacement for the Swarna train. As I mentioned the daily travelers have been demanding for additional trains for long time. But it is not possible to have trains one after another. Minimum of 1 hour gab is needed as the track to KGF is single line and none of other four railways stations in KGF have proper loop line to passover trains. All loop lines are constructed during British era and cannot support more than five or six coaches long trains. At a time only one train can go towards KGF and all other trains need to wait at Bangarpet until the train from KGF reaches Bangarpet. People have been demanding for a proper loop lines at BEML or Coromandel stations so that minimum gap can be reduced to less than 25 mins. But railways is not bothered construct one.

There are three more trains from KGF to Bangalore in the morning and all of them are converted to MEMU trains and they are used by other daily travelers working in private jobs. This particular one is ideal for office goers. People will continue to block new MEMU until railways does something to run multiple trains one after another around 7:00am.

tharun no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:35 AM   #20249
mukundvs

Quote:
The protest was mainly for the morning train and they don't mind changing the evening one to MEMU. All office goers want reach their workplace in time. Yes in the evening they use trains depending on their personal work and needs. It was not political protest, the daily travelers started their protest immediately when the railways announced about new MEMU in the month of september. But politicians and miscreants used it.

I don't think MEMU supports more than 12 coaches. That is why the daily travelers don't want a replacement for the Swarna train. As I mentioned the daily travelers have been demanding for additional trains for long time. But it is not possible to have trains one after another. Minimum of 1 hour gab is needed as the track to KGF is single line and none of other four railways stations in KGF have proper loop line to passover trains. All loop lines are constructed during British era and cannot support more than five or six coaches long trains. At a time only one train can go towards KGF and all other trains need to wait at Bangarpet until the train from KGF reaches Bangarpet. People have been demanding for a proper loop lines at BEML or Coromandel stations so that minimum gap can be reduced to less than 25 mins. But railways is not bothered construct one.

There are three more trains from KGF to Bangalore in the morning and all of them are converted to MEMU trains and they are used by other daily travelers working in private jobs. This particular one is ideal for office goers. People will continue to block new MEMU until railways does something to run multiple trains one after another around 7:00am.
Recently Delhi-Palwal-Kosikalan 12 Coaches EMU ( local ) was converted into 20 coaches Mainline EMU ( MEMU ). Infact 20 coaches MEMU has become a common trend all over India main reason is they dont need long platforms because of climbing stair facilities in all coaches which is not seen with EMU trains. Now railways is planning for 24 coaches MEMU with 6 electrical motor cars. SWR has been hardly bothered and centre is too not keen because of differences between state govt and centre. Its the people who have to pay a huge price. Most MEMU trains running around Bengaluru is of total 8 coaches with 2 motor cars on each end. This is causing over crowding.

For this SWR went ahead with 12 coaches MEMU , sorry to say that SWR went ahead with it as it was completely state govt which has taken this initiative. It was a good move, but SWR was had maleficent thoughts and they decided to convert all conventional coaches with these MEMU without doing much homework. They have not put automatic signals for years inspite of being in rly budget . SWR has abandoned the plan of binny mills after acquiring land from Karnataka govt. Infact SWR is so least bothered not only for Bengaluru area but whole as a karnataka. Thing is stoning trains wont help, if someone has to be stoned its SWR General manager. Railway GM SWR should be held accountable. What is he doing ? or he too is busy eating and sleeping. I am sure if you ask him where is Marikuppam he will smile blankly.

SWR officers are so shameless that they found a replacement with Hindupur passenger, instead of starting new MEMU to Marikuppam. Yes conversion of conventional coaches is needed but only after starting new MEMU old ones should have been touched.

Cutting short they should launch 2 MEMU immdeiately with atleast one with 16 coaches back to back in the morning hours as it has a block section so no loop is needed immediately. Converting existing 8 coaches MEMU into 12 coaches and immediately adding 5 additional coaches to jolarpettai exp. But its hard bargain with SWR.

mukundvs no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
ಕರ್ನಾಟಕ ರೈಲ್ವೆ, karnataka, karnataka railway