search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > UK & Ireland Architecture Forums > Projects and Construction > Irish Architecture Forum > Transport and Infrastructure

Transport and Infrastructure For projects and construction across the island of Ireland

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 156 votes, 5.00 average.
Old October 21st, 2017, 01:37 AM   #2161
sponge_bob

Likes (Received): 2110

I'm not sure Elhorseboxo but I now think it all starts with T3 (and associated stands to the west) and moving Ryanair over there in its entirety if growth is to be facilitated medium long term.

While the existing terminals can handle another c.5m pax or so beyond current levels (15% growth ) the overnight parking on the east side is critical now given the explosion in double dailies in recent years requiring a single based aircraft by the likes of KLM Lufthansa and their likes. Turboprops (AL Regionals) are parked up north of Ryanair requiring a long bus excursion to and from T2 nowadays as their old slot around the demolished Pier C is required for incoming US wides in the mornings, in summer anyway.

The most intelligent proposal is therefore T3 as it comes with all new stands and parking. Ryanair would be happy for 20 stands, 10 at the gates and 10 off the gates and can process 15m pax a year over there with that much space.

And the poxy DAA only want to run a shopping centre with a runway or two outside.

But nothing can happen absent a planning framework being agreed and voted on and surviving a scutch of court cases and we are some years away from that right now.
sponge_bob no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 21st, 2017, 01:20 PM   #2162
Dvblvnia

Likes (Received): 915

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilderbeast View Post
Now you are just confusing me. Firstly, Sponge isn't a "they"...it's a him. I know these things.

Secondly, we'll hit the Big 30 by Dec 31st....surely? Hurricanes apart?
It's 2017, it's risky assuming people's gender.

On the Big 30, I have no doubt we'll hit it soon, I just think it'll take till next year.
Dvblvnia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2017, 03:04 AM   #2163
odlum833

Likes (Received): 2074

wow!

Aer Lingus eyes up to 10 new Dublin-US routes

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1596

Rapter liked this post
odlum833 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2017, 07:49 PM   #2164
sponge_bob

Likes (Received): 2110

Righty Ho. The 2018 traffic forecasting competition is open.

Rules.

1. You may make as many forecasts as you like between now and the 01/01/2018 except Sponge Bob who may make only one forecast.
2. You must answer the following 4 questions to be in the running. Your last forecast nearest to (and by) the 01/01/2018 is the definitive forecast for the competiton
3. You will answer the following 4 questions to be an entrant.

a) How many passengers will Dublin Airport handle in 2018 and in .1m increments, EG 30.2m
b) In what month will Dublin reach 31m passengers on a YoY rolling basis during 2018. EG "May" means Jun 2017 to May 2018 inclusive.
c) By what amount will aggregate UK traffic grow ( or shrink) in 2018 in the format -0.1% to + 0.7% ( or 0%)
d) In what month will Dublin reach 32m passengers on a YoY rolling basis during 2018. EG "Dec" means Jan 2018 to Dec 2018 inclusive. "None" means it will not happen.

Winners will be decided by winning question a) outright and if a tie ensues then winning questions a) and b) outright and if still a tie we move to questions a) and b) and c) etc etc.

Happy Forecasting! I am sure a SSC member will beat all of the IAA , DAA and Shane Ross' lot hands down.

geogregor liked this post
sponge_bob no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2017, 12:03 PM   #2165
Catmalojin

Likes (Received): 848

Dublin Airport - Dublin Airport Welcomes New Aer Lingus Route To Seattle

Quote:
Dublin Airport welcomes today’s announcement by Aer Lingus that it will launch a new direct transatlantic service to Seattle next year.

Aer Lingus will operate its new Seattle route four times weekly service on a year-round basis from next May 18, 2018.

Fantastic news - one of my favourite US cities to visit and it has a host of important companies with links to Ireland, most notably Microsoft and Amazon.

FreudianSlippers liked this post
Catmalojin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2017, 06:26 PM   #2166
Elhorseboxo

Likes (Received): 75

Yeah Seattle is a big tech hub so I can see it being very popular right from the start, TA seems to be going from strength to strength. I wish we could get more links in the east though, Hong Kong is great start next year but I'd love BKK or Singapore added, it'd open us up to a whole new market and mean no more stop overs in Abu Dhabi for me. Maybe when the new runway comes on line..

And I never noticed your competition bob, I'll stick in an entry over the weekend!
Elhorseboxo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:12 AM   #2167
Elhorseboxo

Likes (Received): 75

As promised Bob..

1. 31.1m
2. December
3. +1.1%
4. None

Growth seems to be slowing ever further as this year goes on, I'm taking a guess at 5% for next year largely fuelled by TA & transfer growth. A lot will depend on UK traffic obviously, nobody really has a clue what's going to happen there so I've taken a stab in the dark at +1%

sponge_bob liked this post
Elhorseboxo no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
airport, dublin, terminal

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: