daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Vietnam Forum > Projects and Construction > Infrastructure

Infrastructure bridges, superhighways, tunnels and railway

Old October 14th, 2005, 01:11 AM   #1
ryanr
Registered non-User

Likes (Received): 12

Airports in Vietnam

Apologies if there is already a thread for this...

Post pictures of Vietnamese airports! Its International and Domestic airports...
ryanr no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old October 14th, 2005, 02:46 AM   #2
versalvin
Got Phở ?

Likes (Received): 0

yep..there are already a few threads on this topic
versalvin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2005, 03:11 AM   #3
ryanr
Registered non-User

Likes (Received): 12

Where? Can you link me to them?
ryanr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2005, 08:00 AM   #4
Lemongrass
BANNED

Tan Son Nhut's new terminal won't be as big (nor expensive) as Noi Bai in Hanoi right?
Lemongrass no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2006, 01:42 PM   #5
klbloke
klbloke

Likes (Received): 11

AirAsia’s Malaysia-HCMC route denied

Scheduling difficulties have caused Vietnam’s Civil Aviation Administration to decide against accepting flights to Ho Chi Minh City by AirAsia, Nguoi Lao Dong newspaper reported Monday.
With Tan Son Nhat airport in HCMC more congested, the CAA has decide against Malaysian budget carrier AirAsia’s flights to the city, as national flag carriers Vietnam Airlines and Malaysia Airlines currently service the routes.

The administration suggested the carrier focus on northern Hanoi’s Noi Bai International Airport and others in central Vietnam as attractive alternatives and promised licenses would be issued soon.

AirAsia was also asked to consider Da Nang and Phu Bai international airports as viable options.

Licensing formalities are normally completed within 30 days if the carrier’s documentation is valid and the market is available.

However the carrier has yet to take up the offer because the southern economic hub HCMC, where most Malaysian enterprises are based, is a target destination in its ambitious plan to become an Asia-wide airline.

The Malaysia-based AirAsia was launched as a budget carrier in December 2001, offering over 100 domestic and international flights to Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Singapore, Cambodia, Vietnam and the Philippines.

More than 20 domestic and international airlines now operate in Vietnam, including budget carriers Tiger Airways and Thai Air Asia, who are now pursuing expansion plans with new routes and increased frequencies.

Under the proposed ‘open skies’ agreement among ASEAN nations slated for 2008, the Vietnamese aviation market door will swing wide open for international carriers, resulting in increased competition.

Source : Nguoi Lao Dong – Translated by Ha Viet
klbloke no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2006, 09:38 AM   #6
Mosaic
BANGKOK

Likes (Received): 89

any cool pics?
Mosaic no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2006, 01:45 PM   #7
Saigoneseguy
Vivat capitalismus

Likes (Received): 77

Brunei mở đường bay tới Việt Nam

Ngày 11/5/2006 tới đây, Hăng hàng không Hoàng Gia Royal Brunei Airlines (RBA) sẽ chính thức thực hiện chuyến bay đầu tiên tới TPHCM. Lộ tŕnh bay với tần suất 3 chuyến một tuần sẽ khởi hành từ TPHCM lúc 7h thứ Ba và 16h35 thứ Năm & Chủ Nhật đến Bandar Seri Begawan vào hai giờ sau đó. Các chuyến bay xuất phát từ Bandar Seri Begawan về TPHCM sẽ khởi hành vào 20h10 thứ Hai và 14h40 thứ Năm & chủ Nhật hàng tuần.

Đại diện RBA cho biết: “Bên cạnh mục tiêu trở thành cầu nối giao thông giữa Việt Nam và Australia, chúng tôi muốn giới thiệu TPHCM như một điểm mua sắm và du lịch mới cho người dân Brunei nói riêng và hành khách của RBA nói chung. Ngoài ra Brunei cũng là một điểm dừng chân tuyệt vời cho hành khách bay qua lại giữa Việt Nam và Australia”.

RBA cũng thông báo mức giá vé đặc biệt khởi điểm từ 158 USD cho các hành khách bay khứ hồi từ Hồ Chí Minh đến Bandar Seri Begawan, 505 USD cho các hành khách bay từ TPHCM tớI Australia và 305 USD tới Indonesia. RBA đă hoạt động trong khu vực và ở châu Âu hơn 30 năm qua với đội bay hiện tại gồm các máy bay Boeing 767 và Airbus 320. Hăng có chuyến bay hàng ngày tới Luân Đôn, Dubai, một số chuyến đến Frankfurt và một số thành phố khác ở châu Á.
Old April 14th, 2006, 09:22 AM   #8
ianers_ianized
Bad.Bold.Brazen

Likes (Received): 37

what is vietnam airport look like? info pls. i'm going to vietnam for the first time this summer.

Sometimes you just have to forget the rules, follow your heart and see where it takes you...
Never apologize for saying what you feel because that's like saying sorry for being real...
Never regret anything you said or did because at some point, it was what you wanted...
True strength is being able to hold it all together when everyone else is expecting you to fall apart...
ianers_ianized no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2006, 06:34 PM   #9
klbloke
klbloke

Likes (Received): 11

Hanoi Airport

http://www.hanoiairport.com/

http://hotelvietnamonline.com/hanoi/noibai/airport.htm
klbloke no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2006, 01:39 AM   #10
coolink
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2298

got this from 2005 google earth
if anyone has google earth 2006 with the completed airport that would be great.
we thought TansonNhat area is full, we cannot expand anymore, but if you look at google earth.....TansonNhat area has lots of empty land

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
coolink no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2006, 05:56 PM   #11
tq
i'm a hanoian

Likes (Received): 92

hey we should expand this thread...we should use this thread for vn airports discussion and not the Vietnam Airlines Thread anymore because it doesn't match to the title...lets collect all pics/ layoouts and put it into this thread!
Old September 10th, 2006, 06:15 PM   #12
tq
i'm a hanoian

Hanoi Noi Bai Int'l Airport Expansion

just found this on the internet ! check this out !

current situation
Old September 11th, 2006, 04:21 AM   #13
skidlin

originally the noi bai was designed with 2 tristar terminals (mirror image of terminal 1) like >- -<, why the big change with the long terminal in the middle? doesn't look good.
skidlin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2006, 02:45 PM   #14
Saigoneseguy
Vivat capitalismus

Likes (Received): 77

i think there will be 3 terminals as runway 1B is still largely unused
Old September 12th, 2006, 11:12 PM   #15
tq
i'm a hanoian

I wonder why they can't spend more money to build a new terminal with a total cost about 500mio.USD!?
...it sucks when vietnamese people always compare the size of current Hanoi airport with the size of other big airports in the world...I mean...it doesn't matter when other cities have much bigger airports...it doesn't mean that it should be better...vietnamese people always care of the size of an airport...they don't think about the backgrounds of the reason...what I want to say its that vn people don't think recondited and varieded...
...so vn people always complain about pollution...so it starts with prejudice against Vietnam why its so dirty and so on...but 5 min. later they forgot what they said and don't care about pollution themself because they've just make garbage on streets too...you know what mean with typicall vn character!?
...this should be changed immediatly!!!
So I want to see a damn expensive new terminal for Hanoi!!!...just to show that Vietnam is able to do a architectural masterwork too!!!...hopefully people will get satisfied and stop talking so badly about Vietnam!
hehe...just must say that!
Old September 14th, 2006, 05:29 PM   #16
tq
i'm a hanoian

Hanoi - Noi Bai Airport

Old September 14th, 2006, 06:19 PM   #17
tq
i'm a hanoian

Tan Son Nhat Airport

Sorry but I'm not sure where the new terminal excactly is located!

Old September 15th, 2006, 09:19 AM   #18
coolink
BANNED

yeah it's not how big the airport look as long as they know how to operate it eh?

there is no typical vietnamese character, because I always put garbage in my pocket, until no one's around then I put it gently on the street.

that cannot be google 2006, because look at my 2005 google, the site is underconstruction already, your google only shows the clearance state
Old September 15th, 2006, 09:53 AM   #19
VietnamCalling

Yes I don't think that pic is recent. In January 2005 they were already doing foundations and putting up steel skeletons.
Old September 22nd, 2006, 08:40 PM   #20
coolink
BANNED

can someone take picture of TSN airport from far far away? I think the airport only visible from far away.......if you taken so close, the overpass will hide the structure above

Tags
saigon, vietnam