daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > United States Urban Issues > Midwest and Plains

Midwest and Plains » Development News | Includes all plains states, MN, WI, IL, IN, OH, MO

Old December 28th, 2005, 06:34 AM   #1
wheelingman
Pittsburgh rocks!!

Likes (Received): 0

How many lanes wide are Toledo's freeways?

How wide are Toledo's freeways? I have been there before but I can't remember.
Montreal is unique!!
wheelingman no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old December 28th, 2005, 07:12 AM   #2
ColDayMan
King of Flyover Country

Likes (Received): 1

Typical metro of 600,000; about 6 lanes average; there is a section of I-75 that is about 10 lanes.
ColDayMan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2005, 07:20 AM   #3
wheelingman
Pittsburgh rocks!!

Likes (Received): 0

That is what I thought. Thanks for the info.
Montreal is unique!!
wheelingman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2005, 02:08 PM   #4
Bonjourtoledo

Location: Toledo a.k.a. Glass City, Solar City, Jeep City or Mud Hens Town
Likes (Received): 1

I-475

I-475 that runs from Perrysburg to Secor Road Exit on the west-side of the Toledo area is 4-lanes (2 lanes each way) which I think it's outdated by 20 years--with urban growth all along the west side the freeway is so congested and crazy. This freeway was built in the mid-1960s and I'm still amazed there is no plans definite to make it 8-lanes (4 lanes each way). Even with the U.S. Route 24 that runs from Toledo/Maumee to Fort Wayne will be overhauled as a new freeway with ramps and by-passes around all the smaller communities beginning in a couple of years.

With the new bridge being built at I-280 they've upgraded the freeway 6-lanes (3 lanes each way) up from 4-lanes from Starr Avenue in Oregon to I-75 at the new Jeep Plant.

I-75/I-475 interchange upgrade at central Toledo will begin its construction in about a year to expand more lanes to accomodate the heavy truck traffic and more population toward the west; the interchange is also very outdated which only has one-lane each way to merge onto other highways.

Downtown exit off of I-75 and Anthony Wayne Trail (Route 25) will undergo upgrade by expanding more lanes--starting in about a year

A new full interchange ramp will be built on I-475 for the ever-expanding Toledo Hospital Campus and University of Toledo which is about 1/2 mile west of I-75/475 interchange that will replace 3 other half-ramps that are very outdated (Central/Jackman ramp, Douglas ramp, and Upton ramp). They've bought a lot of buildings and homes which they've demolished to make room for this huge full ramp that will start in a few years.

A massive upgrade with a new ramp which has been long-overdue and now being built for U.S. Route 20 (before it was a chicken-run like stop signs intersection which I cannot understand with the volume of traffic that it has)that feeds into I-280/Ohio Turnpike (I-80/90). The Ohio Turnpike finally finished constructing larger new toll booths and ramps which has also been outdated for many years. This exit is the busiest of all the exits on the Ohio Turnpike because it's the gateway to the state of Michigan and vice versa for Michiganders to come to Ohio.