daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > Middle East > Local Forums > Lebanon

Old March 2nd, 2008, 04:56 AM   #1
Nadini

Likes (Received): 58

Links to Lebanon-related threads around SSC

Please use this thread to post links to other threads throughout SSC that are either about Lebanon or that mention Lebanon. This will help us get an understanding of what other forumers think or know about Lebanon and allow us to join other discussions and participate in spreading information about the country.

Whenever you find or create a new thread outside the Lebanese forum, post it over here and either Beiruti or Nadini will edit it in the correct sub-category.

Last edited by Nadini; March 2nd, 2008 at 05:37 AM.
Nadini no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old March 2nd, 2008, 04:57 AM   #2
Nadini

C-O-N-S-T-R-U-C-T-I-O-N

Skyscrapers

BEIRUT | Sama Beirut | 50+ fl| Pro

BEIRUT | The Edge | 50 fl| 220m

Highrises

BEIRUT | Credit Libanais Headquarters | 33 fl | U/C

BEIRUT | 3 Beirut | U/C

BEIRUT | Beirut Tower | U/C

BEIRUT | 486 Mina El Hosn Tower | 140m | Pro

BEIRUT | Lot 1493 - Mina El Hosn

BEIRUT | Ritz Carlton

BEIRUT | "Hosn 440" | 27F Res, 114m

BEIRUT | Platinum Tower | 152.5m | 34 fl | U/C

BEIRUT | Phoenician Village | 160m | 140m | 120m | App

BEIRUT | Four Seasons Hotel U/C

BEIRUT | The Landmark | 43F | 168m

BEIRUT | Bay Tower | 30fl | U/C

BEIRUT | Les Domes de Sursock | 140m | 28F | App

BEIRUT| Bahri Garden II | 24fl | U/C

BEIRUT | Beirut Gate | | 14F + 14F | U/C

BEIRUT | Dib And Town Tower| | 27F + 27F | U/C

BEIRUT | LES ETAGES | 35 fl | Pro ‎

BEIRUT | Grand Hyatt Beirut | 18 fl | U/C

BEIRUT | Damac Tower - Versace | 28 fl | U/C

BEIRUT | Beirut Terraces| 25 fl | U/C

BEIRUT | Beirut Hotel and Residence | 35 fl | Pro

#UNDER C-Beirut: "Sky Gate" | 40F Res

General Urban Developments

BEIRUT| Le Bureau | 11 fl | U/C

General

Beirut Marina and BCD : Largest Urban Renovation Project In The World

BEIRUT | Projects & Construction

BEYROUTH-marina (5 tours ou plus)

BEIRUT | Solidere Marina

[PIN - Eagle Eye] - Lebanese Capital of Beirut

Port of Beirut | Lebanon

Middle East Airlines (MEA) ~ Beirut International Airport

Last edited by Nadini; April 21st, 2014 at 03:03 AM.
Old March 2nd, 2008, 04:57 AM   #3
Nadini

P-O-L-L-S

Buildings

Marina Towers

Four Seasons Hotel

Platinum Tower

Beirut Tower

Metropolitan Hotel and Grand Habtoor

Le Royal Beirut, Lebanon

Cities

Beirut - Lebanon

Jounieh - Lebanon

Baalbeck - Lebanon

Tyros - Lebanon

Others

Nejmeh Square - Beirut - Lebanon

Beiteddine Palace

Mohammad Al Amin Mosque

Faqra Temple

Msayilha Castle

Anjar

Sidon Old City and Sea Castle

St. Gilles Citadel

Afqa

Last edited by Beiruti; June 5th, 2011 at 08:46 PM.
Old January 24th, 2010, 03:39 PM   #6
Rabih
Smirk4Life

Likes (Received): 12

I suggest assigning a forumer to each of these threads to take care of it, keep it updated, report any abuse and make sure it stays on top.

Many of us are already doing something like that, especially Nadini, who's doing a great job in the international forums.
But I believe that by delegating tasks like this, we would be helping her and it would encourage forumers further to be more involved in the non-Lebanon pages on SSC.

Of course choosing the forumers will not be done randomly but through a nomination/voting procedure.

example to why this would be necessary is the "BEIRUT | Projects & Construction" is now in the 3rd page of the City/Metro Compilations and the last post was done on November 29th, 2009.
Old January 24th, 2010, 05:01 PM   #7
Beiruti

Likes (Received): 45

Very good idea and worth discussing.

My only concern is the possible "over-posting" and "redundant posting" that could occur. We dont want to over-load and overwhelm non-Lebanese with a string of updates every other day and constantly keep our threads bumped. Basically it would appear as though we are forcing our agenda across the rest of the forum. It could backfire by annoying the forumers. Just one example is Zohar creating and posting the international Israeli threads that used to be everywhere and dominate all the forums. People said they were annoyed and stopped clicking - it was also no longer "new and fresh" and people lost their motivation to check them out.
My suggestion is to post only if the updates are significant (a really nice cityscape/scenic pic or a construction pic that shows progress from the previous pic) should it be posted. There is no need to duplicate everything we have here in the international forums. The point is to spark interest and lure them back here to see more.

I hope this makes sense and willing to discuss more. I do think someone should be assigned to look after each one though, but not necessarily for posting daily updates.
Old January 24th, 2010, 06:26 PM   #8
Nadini

It's a great idea however, just like Beiruti pointed out, we do not want to over expose it which is the reason why I closed the ''So you think you know this capital'' and ''Beirut, the Lebanese Capital you haven't seen'' in the cityscape section. We already have a huge success with the BEIRUT thread and reviving others would be plain boring for the non-Lebanese. I try to update the BEIRUT and the ''Beirut....Renace desde las cenizas'' threads as much as possible, however I do not want to restrict others from posting in them. I do think on the other hand that it would be a good idea if someone would be assigned to update the BEIRUT | Projects & Construction thread since I could not dedicate my whole day updating every thread in the international forum.
Old January 24th, 2010, 10:10 PM   #9
Abdallah K.
Under the Beirut Sun

Likes (Received): 5

I sometimes update the Lebanon 1 Photo A Day Thread (if I can find any good pictures) and I can be assigned that one
Abdallah K. no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2010, 07:06 AM   #10
Rabih
Smirk4Life

I very much agree with Beiruti and Nadini and that's what I was implying when I said that the assigned forumers won't be chosen at random.

I can start by posting some rules that are open for your suggestions:
- One forumer can be assigned to one or more threads, but no one thread can be assigned to more than one forumer.
- This assignment doesn't mean in anyway that only the forumer can post news and updates on his/her thread. Everyone can contribute!
- The inputs would/could be monitored by the moderators (Nadini/Beiruti) to make sure the updates are "smart" and not redundant.
- Any forumer assigned to a thread can be relieved from the task if he/she weren't doing their job properly, by either not abiding by rules or ignoring the assignement given to him/her.
- A form of rotation with forumers on the different threads could/would be applied to:
* Make sure everyone gets a turn
* Note which area is each forumer best at
* Generally encourage forumers.

Now, your suggestions would be needed to see how the nomination, voting and selection process goes.

Also, I think this would encourage to start news threads in forums where they might be needed i.e. Highrises, Architecture, Stadiums and Sport Arenas, Citytalk and Urban Issues, Infrastructure and Mobility...
Old February 23rd, 2010, 06:17 PM   #11
Ramy H

Likes (Received): 31

We haven't decided who is "assigned" what have we?

Also.. I have been updating the BEIRUT thread in cityscapes lately, I was just wondering if those pictures are strictly for Beirut landscape/architecture etc.. or can we throw in some street life photos? Popsi has some amazing ones that would attract a lot of attention to our forum...
Old February 23rd, 2010, 06:51 PM   #12
Beiruti

I will defer to Nadini on this matter. But I think you are doing a great job with the updates.
Old January 19th, 2012, 10:51 AM   #13
Rabih
Smirk4Life

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1480437

one of the comments
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantFindMe View Post
now i know not to sleep in beirut...
Old January 19th, 2012, 11:56 AM   #14
-Zippo-
Carburetor (Busy) ▼

Likes (Received): 2

What's the point of starting a new thread in the international news for that tragedy other than to emphasize on the negative-Beirut-propaganda? It's like those Paparazzi who keep publishing shots of supermodels slipping on the catwalk!

I've already posted the news in the "Lebanese News" thread, where the whole story can be read, not only the tragic catastrophe. 12 people were rescued (more than 30% of the residents), thanks to the impressive work of the Civil Defense, the Army, the Security Forces, etc... The Cabinet agreed to provide 6 month temporary housing for the Families, along with several additional needed aid. The incident brought to surface the case of the old buildings, and already, several old buildings around Beirut have been evacuated and restoration is taking place. (Ashrafieh and Mousaytbeh)

Oh, and the commenter in Rabih's post is banned anyway, so I guess he won't be sleeping in SSC either!
Old May 21st, 2012, 08:17 AM   #15
Rabih
Smirk4Life

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1514376
Old August 18th, 2012, 12:15 PM   #16
Rabih
Smirk4Life

If any of you guys care to reply to these guys

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1538683
Old July 27th, 2013, 02:49 AM   #17
QuickneutronU235
AQAZ

Likes (Received): 398

Hi guys there is a mod who insulted us and you indirectly. Even if he/she has pic of Fayrouz! the signature of "well yeah" & fayrouz doesn't fit together!

That "Halawala" have banned dozens of members before from our section and still doing so, we need your intervene!

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...#post105604900

Euphrates liked this post
QuickneutronU235 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2013, 05:40 AM   #18
Beiruti

Our sub-forum prohibits any political references, discussion, or debate. It is also not our practice to intervene in any controversial matters outside this sub-forum. Each sub-forum has its respective moderator(s) that you can address.

Halawala liked this post
Beiruti no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2013, 05:55 AM   #19
moqtada
BANNED

Likes (Received): 6

Thanks for your reply.
moqtada no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2013, 12:41 PM   #20
Halawala
Fairouzy

Likes (Received): 101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beiruti View Post
Our sub-forum prohibits any political references, discussion, or debate. It is also not our practice to intervene in any controversial matters outside this sub-forum. Each sub-forum has its respective moderator(s) that you can address.
Very well said.

Please ignore him. Hes a teenager with nothing but to cause problems