SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Bus Rapid Transit (BRT)

2M views 7K replies 618 participants last post by  ampcell 
#1 ·
RP's 9th LRT system eyed for Cebu
SUNDAY, AUGUST 19, 2007 | TRANSPORTATION

MANILA (PNA) - If plans don't miscarry, Cebu will soon have a modern, efficient and reliable light rail transit (LRT) system to keep pace with rapid population growth and economic expansion.

Cebu Rep. Eduardo Gullas has filed House Bill 310, seeking the establishment of the province's first LRT system, in order to ease heavy motor vehicle traffic congestion in one of the country's fastest-growing urban hubs.

"There is no question Cebu desperately needs a fast, safe, convenient and economical LRT system," Gullas, a former Cebu provincial governor, said.

"This is the best time for the government to invest in a new LRT system for Cebu, with the peso strengthening against the US dollar," Gullas said.

"Two years ago, it would have cost us P55 billion to put together a US$ 1-billion LRT system. Now, it would cost us only P46 billion to put up the same project," he added.

Gullas' initiative came as the national government prepared to reinforce Cebu's infrastructure support under the Central Philippines Investment Program.

Under the program, Malacañang approved some P60.8-billion worth of fresh public infrastructure spending for Cebu up to 2010.

Of the amount, more than half or P33 billion would be initially allocated for the proposed Metro Cebu Mass Transportation System (MCMTS), thus matching Gullas' initiative.

The MCMTS involves the construction of a modern railway network from Talisay City to the Municipality of Consolacion for the first phase, and from Talisay to Carcar City and Consolacion to Danao City for the second phase.

The system would be the country's ninth and the first outside Metro Manila, which now has eight LRT channels that are either fully operational, under construction, or in the drawing boards.

Under Gullas' bill, the Department of Transportation and Communications (DOTC) would be required to prepare and execute a plan to establish and operate the new LRT system.

The DOTC actually already has an initial plan to build a US$ 1-billion LRT system for Metro Cebu.

The department earlier forged a build-operate-transfer agreement with the AMA Group of Holdings Corp. for the construction of a 71-kilometer, three-phased LRT system that would run through Metro Cebu from Carcar in the south to Danao in the north.

However, project execution has been stalled, as the DOTC has found it difficult to get lower offers from other private contractors.

Meanwhile, the Central Philippines Investment Program also includes P18.88 billion for Cebu's seaports; P6.3 billion for Central Visayas' roads and bridges; P1.9 billion for the region's tourism infrastructure; and P749 million for airports. (PNA)

DCT/PR/rsm

See less See more
#4,642 ·
^^ if your a Cebuano don't bring your OA speech here in the BRT Thread.... :) ahahaha wajud ko nasuko, nagkatawa gne ko... ahahahaha :cheers:
It is a comment related to how this admin reasoned-out re BRT project deferment! Is it hard to comprehend? Did your head got accidentally banged hard lately?

#4,643 ·
Originally Posted by Parchie
Hard times are not strangers for Cebuanos AFAIK. These trying times will continue to be so until the large majority of Cebuanos realize that only the sons of Cebu will naturally love Cebu.

So much more with having leaders who have no love lost for Cebu. The same with people who found Cebu only as a place of work. When time comes, they will side with their "kababayan" or "katagilungsod" or "kasimanwa" or whatever they call it. It also dawned to me that there are Cebuanos who happen to be born by mothers who are not from Cebu. And most of the time, the cold fact bears out: these people with values not typically Cebuano, will decide against the progress of Cebu. History surely repeats itself. It happened with Rome, it is happening in Cebu.

Sorry for the rant.

OA and very unCebuano... ahahahahaha :)

#4,644 ·
Originally Posted by Parchie
Hard times are not strangers for Cebuanos AFAIK. These trying times will continue to be so until the large majority of Cebuanos realize that only the sons of Cebu will naturally love Cebu.

So much more with having leaders who have no love lost for Cebu. The same with people who found Cebu only as a place of work. When time comes, they will side with their "kababayan" or "katagilungsod" or "kasimanwa" or whatever they call it. It also dawned to me that there are Cebuanos who happen to be born by mothers who are not from Cebu. And most of the time, the cold fact bears out: these people with values not typically Cebuano, will decide against the progress of Cebu. History surely repeats itself. It happened with Rome, it is happening in Cebu.

Sorry for the rant.

OA and very unCebuano... ahahahahaha :)
Only Cebuanos know whether that is "unCebuano". You're not, so please speak no more. Affected lang ka kay pwerteng igo-a nimo? You'll never be, try as you might. Klarix, di ba?

#4,645 ·
Only Cebuanos know whether that is "unCebuano". You're not, so please speak no more. Affected lang ka kay pwerteng igo-a nimo? You'll never be, try as you might. Klarix, di ba?
na question ako pagka.cebuano dri for the first time... wannabe? ahahahahahahaha you light up my day.... tnx alot ur the antidote i need.... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: its party thrusday... ato sayuhon kay lingaw au ko dri sa forum... ahahahaha :cheers:

#4,646 ·
na question ako pagka.cebuano dri for the first time... wannabe? ahahahahahahaha you light up my day.... tnx alot ur the antidote i need.... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: its party thrusday... ato sayuhon kay lingaw au ko dri sa forum... ahahahaha :cheers:
Ngita lang ug lain nga topic kay nagpabisto man ka! Hahahaha.

Sorry, nadaut imong buntag kay nikubit man ka! Ang uban nga posters nga dili lumad nga Cebuano, wa man motiman kay kahibawo sila mismo nga Cebuano sila by heart, mao na'y saktong hubad. Pag party usa aron mawa imong lipaghung!:):):)

#4,647 ·
^^

wa na kay credibility, nyor. di na mabawi imo mga simang moments. gikoreksyonan na ka ni mr. zidlakan.

wa nay mutuo nimo. lupigan kag pakipaglantugi sa highschool graduate na sama nako. hahaha.

na pay inyong batasan na mag name-calling og manggawas ang vulgar words kung mapildi na sa argument. tsk tsk. not worth my time replying to you. i'd rather lurk and read updates by sir zidlakan na lang.

#4,648 · (Edited)
^^

wa na kay credibility, nyor. di na mabawi imo mga simang moments. gikoreksyonan na ka ni mr. zidlakan.

wa nay mutuo nimo. lupigan kag pakipaglantugi sa highschool graduate na sama nako. hahaha.

na pay inyong batasan na mag name-calling og manggawas ang vulgar words kung mapildi na sa argument. tsk tsk. not worth my time replying to you. i'd rather lurk and read updates by sir zidlakan na lang.
It's a question on whom to believe. Your claim of $250M was debunked by Paul. The only kink was Paul believed Raffy made a personal error as to how the project is going to be funded: WB/external loans by NG or Raffy's own opinion that it will be the City government to negotiate for loans. To add, the PPP center (national) lists this BRT project as included in the PPP projects! Lisud ba sabton para nimo?

Unya, kahibawo naka ug unsa ka importante nga makat-on sa financial side sa mga projects?

#4,649 ·
Do you really think that it was PNoy who personally made the decision or he was just telling you about the result of the recommendation submitted by a committee assigned to assess the project?

I am not from Cebu nor I am pretending to be one..I've been to the city only several times. mostly at the airport lang. (mga dodong, your airport website still sucks IMHO! -if you think I'm joking, try googling it and you see several sites- alin ba talaga doon kuya ang website? lol!)

I understand almost all posters on this thread are Cebu SSC forumers, as I have observed lately. My question is: how does each member forumer thinks. Are you guys independently minded? or you go with the band wagon effect? Like " kung ano ang stand ng samahan doon tayo" attitude.

Do you think because it is what you personally feel is good for Cebu? or because somebody else has convinced you? I am not accusing but just merely asking.

And how come Parchie's no.1 idol is no other than Francisco "Kit" Tatad Jr.? When there are other more worthy Cebuanos to be idolized..:lol:

Peace be with you Parch!
:storm:

#4,650 ·
mga dodong, your airport website still sucks IMHO! -if you think I'm joking, try googling it and you see several sites- alin ba talaga doon kuya ang website? lol!
OT: That's already given. :) Or even any Philippine airport website for that matter.

#4,651 ·
Sir Zid, I know you're busy with the airside of things, but since you posted here I'd like to ask what I've been asking time and again and I think you'd be able to give us the real reason for the deferral.

We understand that projects do get deferred. We KNOW that already. What we don't know are the reasons, just for this particular project.

So I'm still not enlightened at all to be honest.

What went wrong, really?

#4,652 ·
there's still no explanation of what is this "proof of concept", and whether this was missing or lacking in FS or what.

PNoy's "medyo may kulang" statement is still beyond me. It would be interesting to know what it is.

although, i can't demand an explanation - we have enough speculations already and it's getting bad (some people trying to make a fool of themselves, saying i know more than you, etc. etc.), why can't we have a clearer idea of the real reason for BRT's deferral?
+1

#4,653 ·
Do you really think that it was PNoy who personally made the decision or he was just telling you about the result of the recommendation submitted by a committee assigned to assess the project?

I am not from Cebu nor I am pretending to be one..I've been to the city only several times. mostly at the airport lang. (mga dodong, your airport website still sucks IMHO! -if you think I'm joking, try googling it and you see several sites- alin ba talaga doon kuya ang website? lol!)

I understand almost all posters on this thread are Cebu SSC forumers, as I have observed lately. My question is: how does each member forumer thinks. Are you guys independently minded? or you go with the band wagon effect? Like " kung ano ang stand ng samahan doon tayo" attitude.

Do you think because it is what you personally feel is good for Cebu? or because somebody else has convinced you? I am not accusing but just merely asking.

And how come Parchie's no.1 idol is no other than Francisco "Kit" Tatad Jr.? When there are other more worthy Cebuanos to be idolized..:lol:

Peace be with you Parch!
:storm:
Hehehe. Very good piece! I really think you are at par with madame Auring wrt hula-hula! Do you think that what you believed of me is the correct thing? (a dose of your own question!)

And why do some people who present themselves as an intelligent person resort into personal attacks when he/she barely touches the very instant issue of the thread? Bankruptcy of the mind or his/her brain farting for the moment?

We usually discuss ideas, others I guess would like to deal with personalities. What can others do if they're that rotten?

#4,654 ·
Lahi ra kung makakita ka sa personal kay sa makakita sa TV o litrato.

Mga higala, kamo lang hubad ani ha.
That's not really the point, they seems to insinuate that I do not think there is a traffic problem in Cebu when it is obviously it is an issue. It's not even close to what I have they been saying from what they are whinning about. I agree it's different from a picture from reality but the fact that I knew all along that three years ago, the traffic was getting bad already that is obviously expected that the traffic is growing as Cebu is growing. Do you see what I am saying? It's not I don't talk to someone who is currently in residing in Cebu What if I tell you that my inlaw is the President of the Philippine bar association and a true blooded Cebuano who represented Sulplicio lines. Are they going to accuse him of not knowing the whole situation in Cebu itself from his actual recount? Again my point was the same as Mr Zidlakan's justification of the deferment. No more no less...

#4,655 ·
That's not really the point, they seems to insinuate that I do not think there is a traffic problem in Cebu when it is obviously it is an issue. It's not even close to what I have they been saying from what they are whinning about. I agree it's different from a picture from reality but the fact that I knew all along that three years ago, the traffic was getting bad already that is obviously expected that the traffic is growing as Cebu is growing. Do you see what I am saying? It's not I don't talk to someone who is currently in residing in Cebu What if I tell you that my inlaw is the President of the Philippine bar association and a true blooded Cebuano who represented Sulplicio lines. Are they going to accuse him of not knowing the whole situation in Cebu itself from his actual recount? Again my point was the same as Mr Zidlakan's justification of the deferment. No more no less...
Just because your in-law is great doesn't necessarily mean you automatically qualify as great also, that's not debatable. It's the "authoritative opinion" which most people weigh as heavier. Try dropping names of people who really worked with traffic, public safety, and/or DPWH and the like, and we will take note of those words they relayed to you.

Please, let's just stick to the thread topic and stop dragging other people's names here.

#4,656 ·
mwg12 postings are full of logical fallacies IMO.

In any case, Sir Zid's justifications are still that line "projects are often deferred" and he cited examples.

I still don't see the meat or the marrow, when talking about BRT. And I'm sure he knows the technical reasons, and has the ability to explain it in simpler terms (as evidenced by his previous postings re BRT).

Are the reasons too sensitive for the general public? Don't we have a right to know?

#4,657 ·
Just because your in-law is great doesn't necessarily mean you automatically qualify as great also, that's not debatable. It's the "authoritative opinion" which most people weigh as heavier. Try dropping names of people who really worked with traffic, public safety, and/or DPWH and the like, and we will take note of those words they relayed to you.

Please, let's just stick to the thread topic and stop dragging other people's names here.
And isnt it Mr Zidlakan is qualified enough and attested to all of you that is not politically motivated and that Mr Aquino is not solely the single proprietor for the decision and it seems to be vogus to some of you no matter how he would explain things to the best he can? And mind you, I didn't drop just any person's name. You challenged my true knowledge about the true issue about traffic out of your prejudices against me not a Cebuano which btw I never claimed to be or acted as a "wannabe", I just don't cast prejudices against any filipinos from any parts of the Philippines or perhaps the globe since you pretty much admitted before openly that your opinion towards me was based on my citizenship, residency and a non Cebuano. The whole reason that if I praised something nice I see, you would state I do not have the right to even give a positive comment even on a picture because according to you I have not set foot in it. In this case, a few of you seems to have no good understanding that I do recognize the traffic issues in Cebu and attacked me irrationally and sensessly simply because you all thinks I do not support BRT for whatever reason which is "au contraire" and hillarious. What does that tell you? "Aside" from @Bakasaurus and some others who misunderstook me for anti BRT and thought I didn't think they traffic problem in Cebu is starting to get worst, your attack on me most especifically is motivated by prejudism against filipinos living overseas and your self righteousness. Do yourself a favor, another New Year is coming, be openminded, one or two experiences on certain filipinos from outside Cebu that compelled you to come up with a "shit list" you automatically send a massive manhunt for those who needs to be in it unless one is a true Cebuano blood. I'm glad that most of you are a very proud Cebuano, there is just no need to go overboard with it. Like who cares? Like you would care if I say I am a proud filipino, batangueno or american. It's like "more power to you, it still mean nothing to me though" kind of respond to that attitude.

#4,659 ·
And isnt it Mr Zidlakan is qualified enough and attested to all of you that is not politically motivated and that Mr Aquino is not solely the single proprietor for the decision and it seems to be vogus to some of you no matter how he would explain things to the best he can? And mind you, I didn't drop just any person's name. You challenged my true knowledge about the true issue about traffic out of your prejudices against me not a Cebuano which btw I never claimed to be or acted as a "wannabe", I just don't cast prejudices against any filipinos from any parts of the Philippines or perhaps the globe since you pretty much admitted before openly that your opinion towards me was based on my citizenship, residency and a non Cebuano. The whole reason that if I praised something nice I see, you would state I do not have the right to even give a positive comment even on a picture because according to you I have not set foot in it. In this case, a few of you seems to have no good understanding that I do recognize the traffic issues in Cebu and attacked me irrationally and sensessly simply because you all thinks I do not support BRT for whatever reason which is "au contraire" and hillarious. What does that tell you? "Aside" from @Bakasaurus and some others who misunderstook me for anti BRT and thought I didn't think they traffic problem in Cebu is starting to get worst, your attack on me most especifically is motivated by prejudism against filipinos living overseas and your self righteousness. Do yourself a favor, another New Year is coming, be openminded, one or two experiences on certain filipinos from outside Cebu that compelled you to come up with a "shit list" you automatically send a massive manhunt for those who needs to be in it unless one is a true Cebuano blood. I'm glad that most of you are a very proud Cebuano, there is just no need to go overboard with it. Like who cares? Like you would care if I say I am a proud filipino, batangueno or american. It's like "more power to you, it still mean nothing to me though" kind of respond to that attitude.
Again, your answer is far-out! We've seen what Paul has to say. We also compared his opinion with that of Raffy Yap, who btw, is the executive director of the BRTTechnical Working Group.

Do you need to add another person's name so we can satisfy your propensity to talk about people, rather than the ideas espoused by those persons? Please, no beating around the bushes!:eek:hno::eek:hno::eek:hno:

#4,660 · (Edited)
Sir Zid, I know you're busy with the airside of things, but since you posted here I'd like to ask what I've been asking time and again and I think you'd be able to give us the real reason for the deferral.

We understand that projects do get deferred. We KNOW that already. What we don't know are the reasons, just for this particular project.

So I'm still not enlightened at all to be honest.

What went wrong, really?

BUMP!!

zidlakan's response regarding the deferral of the BRT project was very vauge. ug wala pa'y nakatubag og klaro kabahin atong pag-invite sa meeting...through text messaging ra gyud? :|:|:|