search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Forum Pencakar Langit Malaysia > Pengangkutan

Pengangkutan aviation, automotive, rail and urban transportation

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 22nd, 2017, 07:21 AM   #401
tomkat
Bushido

Likes (Received): 463

Is this proposal for real? Who is this fern asset?
tomkat no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 22nd, 2017, 12:36 PM   #402
sabre23t
Transit Researcher

Likes (Received): 1754

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raub308 View Post
proposal (exec. summary?) by fern asset:
https://www.scribd.com/mobile/docume...and-Loop-Lines
3 lines proposed (1 circle, 2 intersecting lines) providing 3 metro services (1 circle, 2 loops) but no analysis how the 3 lines interchange with existing LRT1, LRT2, MRT1, MRT2. The 2 intersecting lines meeting at Chow Kit (is there any space there)? Nor any depot locations proposed for the lines.

Not really a serious proposal to my eyes. Oh alignments comes complete with right angle turns (seriously?). Mmm ... could even be some urban planning students assignments. Hah.

Last edited by sabre23t; September 22nd, 2017 at 12:43 PM.
sabre23t no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2017, 10:34 AM   #403
kornelius

Likes (Received): 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabre23t View Post
3 lines proposed (1 circle, 2 intersecting lines) providing 3 metro services (1 circle, 2 loops) but no analysis how the 3 lines interchange with existing LRT1, LRT2, MRT1, MRT2. The 2 intersecting lines meeting at Chow Kit (is there any space there)? Nor any depot locations proposed for the lines.

Not really a serious proposal to my eyes. Oh alignments comes complete with right angle turns (seriously?). Mmm ... could even be some urban planning students assignments. Hah.
actually Chow Kit Monorel Stn has quite big empty space near HKL, just demolish the tadika, and connect MRT station to nearby Medic Museum and old pejabat kesihatan...then UG connection to Jalan Raja Bot and Jalan Pahang

kornelius no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2017, 05:16 PM   #404
sabre23t
Transit Researcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by kornelius View Post
actually Chow Kit Monorel Stn has quite big empty space near HKL, just demolish the tadika, and connect MRT station to nearby Medic Museum and old pejabat kesihatan...then UG connection to Jalan Raja Bot and Jalan Pahang
https://image.ibb.co/nkmKkb/Chowkit_expansion.png
Mmm ... That https://www.scribd.com/document/3595...and-Loop-Lines proposal would have 3 lines intersecting at Chow Kit (2 new lines and existing monorail). I'd expect that would need a land area about the size of KJ Line and SBK Line integrated station at Pasar Seni. Is your proposed yellow area really big enough? Where do you see the intersecting lines will be there? All underground?

Last edited by sabre23t; October 1st, 2017 at 05:23 PM.
Old October 1st, 2017, 05:24 PM   #405
al-numbers

Likes (Received): 1068

Quote:
Mmm ... That https://www.scribd.com/document/3595...and-Loop-Lines proposal would have 3 lines intersecting at Chow Kit (2 new lines and existing monorail). I'd expect that would need a land area about the size of KJ Line and SBK Line integrated station at Pasar Seni. Is your proposed yellow area really big enough? Where do you see the intersecting lines will be there? All underground?
I think he meant Chow Kit as an MRT3 interchange, not depot.

EDIT: ninja'd
Old October 2nd, 2017, 11:11 AM   #406
sabre23t
Transit Researcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by al-numbers View Post
I think he meant Chow Kit as an MRT3 interchange, not depot.
MRT3 circle line in all the documents we've seen so far will not go anywhere near Chow Kit.

Anyway, do you all realise that Fern Assets scribd doc is actually proposing 2 additional loops lines, on top of a circle line that is significantly different from SPAD LPTMP URDP MRT3 corridor? I draw in mspaint (red loop, blue loop, black circle line) that proposal below ...

The more I look at this Fern Assets circle and loop lines proposal, the more I think they are in "imaginary" land. The loop lines going through the middle of Brickfields/KLSentral/EcoCity? Even if presumed to be underground, I'd say it's "lala land" stuff. Ah well ...

atmapgnew liked this post
Old October 2nd, 2017, 12:45 PM   #407
Paolonutini98

Likes (Received): 609

the lines worth exploring are the ones from istana and from also titiwangsa park. Others are already overlapped by lrt & mrt. (monorail excluded as its pphd is mediocre in our case)
Old October 3rd, 2017, 02:22 AM   #408
TheNatcromancer
Transit Gal Pal

Likes (Received): 56

Looking at it closer, creating these loop lines and having them all converge on Chow Kit seems very unrealistic. This would make Chow Kit a hub for effectively three mass transit lines at minimum (Monorail, NE-SW loop, NW-SE loop) or five mass transit lines if we want to be less generous given that commuters from Bukit Bintang heading to Brickfields or from Sentul to Maluri will have to transfer trains.

And having them on top of the Circle line route? I don't even want to imagine what the headways will be like.

If we want to retain the route that this proposes, it would be much better to have a circle line and NS/EW lines, maybe extending the NS towards PJ Selatan and Wangsa Maju and the EW line towards Pandan.

I mean hey, might as well make it cover under-served communities while we're at it.

sabre23t liked this post
TheNatcromancer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2017, 07:59 PM   #409
daeng_jal

Likes (Received): 1300

Quote:
MRT3 circle line in all the documents we've seen so far will not go anywhere near Chow Kit.

Anyway, do you all realise that Fern Assets scribd doc is actually proposing 2 additional loops lines, on top of a circle line that is significantly different from SPAD LPTMP URDP MRT3 corridor? I draw in mspaint (red loop, blue loop, black circle line) that proposal below ...

The more I look at this Fern Assets circle and loop lines proposal, the more I think they are in "imaginary" land. The loop lines going through the middle of Brickfields/KLSentral/EcoCity? Even if presumed to be underground, I'd say it's "lala land" stuff. Ah well ...
Thought this is how most cities built their metro?

1st a NOrth-south line usually on top of existing railway infrastructure
Then a East-west line.After a while connect everything into a loop.

Might be a good case study to do on commuter line not just in KV but nationwide
Old October 4th, 2017, 02:27 AM   #410
TheNatcromancer
Transit Gal Pal

Likes (Received): 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by daeng_jal View Post
Thought this is how most cities built their metro?

1st a NOrth-south line usually on top of existing railway infrastructure
Then a East-west line.After a while connect everything into a loop.

Might be a good case study to do on commuter line not just in KV but nationwide
We already have a metro*? We aren't Xiamen or Hanoi where they're literally building their first rapid transit lines. We already have existing rapid transit infrastructure. These lines won't be build on top of existing infrastructure but will be new lines

And I don't think they connect their lines into massive loops like what's being proposed here. The only major systems that come to mind that have prominent loops are those of Sydney (City Circle), Melbourne (City Loop), Chicago (The Loop) and maybe the 2013 proposal to have Loop service in downtown DC. All of these loops are at the downtown hearts of their respective cities so if anything, if we even want to consider building a railway loop, it should be at the commercial heart of downtown KL.

As for commuter rail, I think KTM should proceed with the upgrading works and hopefully wait times can be cut to metro-like or even metro-lite frequencies in the future. Outside of metro JB and Penang, I don't see much of a case for commuter rail elsewhere.

Honestly, we should focus more effort and resources into the bus. It's not flashy but it is the vital first and last mile connection for our metro system. If rail is the backbone of public transport, then the bus network is the nervous system

* Metro being defined as a rail-based rapid transit system operating on grade-seperated exclusive right-of-ways. KL has what has been described as a "light metro" system similar to the systems operating at high frequencies
TheNatcromancer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2017, 12:00 PM   #411
AZ_7

Likes (Received): 176

hopefully KTM Komuter will join KL metro soon. They said after KV-EDT project completed the headway will be 7-15min, the standard required headway for metro.
AZ_7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2017, 11:28 AM   #412
sawjohn

Likes (Received): 118

Quote:
Originally Posted by project aliciel View Post
There are actually several spots could serve well as depots, I noticed of:

1. JKR Quarters Batu 4 1/2 Jalan Sungai Besi, adjacent to Razak Mansion and opposite of Bandar Malaysia.
2. The blank land south of KTM and ERL, West of Sungai Kerayong, East of KL-Seremban Highway, Approx. 125 meters away from Bandar Malaysia

I think these two locations can serve as depots since access to these areas by roads by today planning is difficult, they are pretty isolated compared to most other areas in city center, while quite close to the alignment.
How about the PDRM Golf Club at Titiwangsa or CSGC at Bukit Kiara?
sawjohn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2017, 03:36 PM   #413
Paolonutini98

Likes (Received): 609

Quote:
It was recently reported that the Government may consider expediting the construction of MRT3 (Circle Line).

This proposed rail link is estimated to cost RM35bil-RM40bil and expected to be completed two years earlier than the original 2027 target, CIMB Research said in a report.

MRT3, which is being touted as the rail story for 2018, has not been granted Cabinet approval.

CIMB Research said it understood that this approval is targeted to be achieved by mid next year. It will then take at least another six months from Cabinet approval to project awards.

Read more at http://www.thestar.com.my/business/b...WY58FYsR5YX.99
So should start by 2019 2020 i guess?
Old October 10th, 2017, 06:17 AM   #414
Nizam AK

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
I'm still looking at this MRTMalaysia video alignment for MRT3 (img). I can't figure out where the depot for this MRT3 will be. Anyone can give their best guess?

Historically, our LRT/MRT alignments are quite heavily influenced by depot locations. From design view, ideal depot location is in the middle/centre of the alignment. Next ideal location would be nearest the ends of the alignment. We can see ...

1/ LRT1 got a depot exactly at starting terminal of the line, Ampang station.
2/ LRT2 got a depot (Lembah Subang) about two (future) stations further away from starting terminal of the line, Kelana Jaya station.
3/ LRT1 Extension got a depot (Kg Sg Baru) 1 station before end of the line, Putra Heights station.
4/ LRT2 Extension expanded existing depot (Lembah Subang), making the depot be in the ideal middle location of the combined alignment.
5/ LRT3 also have a depot at the end of the line (Johan Setia) at its southern terminal station.
6/ MRT1 is so long it needs 2 depots near both ends, one at Sg Buloh, the other at Sg Jerneh.
7/ MRT2 is also so long it needs 2 depot, one sharing MRT1's at Sg Buloh, the other at 2/3rd point at edge of UPM area in Serdang.

Now where will this MRT3 depot (or depots) be? All the previous lines are able to get open/undeveloped area outside the city for the depot. MRT3 is running around fully developed area, depot locations will be a difficulty.

Hi ,
Just want to selit- no3/ depot KKSB,
Anybody heard about tender package to supply depot equipment for depot KKSB ? No.
So who got the contract to supply the whole equipment inside there. Must be strong company and good contact as well

Nizam AK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2017, 12:44 PM   #415
Nizam AK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizam AK View Post
Hi ,
Just want to selit- no3/ depot KKSB,
Anybody heard about tender package to supply depot equipment for depot KKSB ? No.
So who got the contract to supply the whole equipment inside there. Must be strong company and good contact as well

Krik krik ,
Old October 12th, 2017, 09:14 AM   #416
sabre23t
Transit Researcher

Quote:
Hi ,
Anybody heard about tender package to supply depot equipment for depot KKSB?
Quote:
Krik krik ,
What are you expecting? Somebody answering an LRT1 (AG Line Extension) question in an MRT3 thread? You may get better answer in RapidKL Line Extension project thread.
Anyway, who actually got AG Line Depot Equipment supply? Malnaga? CHEC?
Old October 12th, 2017, 06:36 PM   #417
Nizam AK

Quote:
What are you expecting? Somebody answering an LRT1 (AG Line Extension) question in an MRT3 thread? You may get better answer in RapidKL Line Extension project thread.

Anyway, who actually got AG Line Depot Equipment supply? Malnaga? CHEC?

1. It just a question ,
i did used the word ‘selit’ , since the list stated all the depot for rapid/mrt lines. U dont find it in others thread. And Still Not out of context/ subject ; ‘depot’.

2. We know almost of the contractor that got contract of depot equipment most of it but not for depot putra height kksb (new).
No call for tender, no information on the local papers and so on ,
this is not ‘ratus ribu punya project’.

3. If dont know who, its ok. No one push urself of others, Don’t stress urself. We are not making history here.

4. Same people in most thread , but its ok.
It Wont happen again as This is the last comment from this profile.

5. not malnaga ccrc. U can check with them. Thanks anyway, for ur reply.