search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > Infrastructure & Transportation > Railways and Transportation



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old February 23rd, 2017, 02:55 PM   #14581
Babji
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 7,040
Likes (Received): 479

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaheerH View Post
perhaps, this is an indication that SG is not gonna allocate any funds for HMR in the next budget. expect more austerity measures from HMR ...

Govt should at least call for an all party meet before taking any drastic decision!

Last edited by Babji; February 23rd, 2017 at 04:24 PM.
Babji no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 23rd, 2017, 04:44 PM   #14582
raghussc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,775
Likes (Received): 745

That's the con side of having absolute majority by a party in power ! They feel arrogant that they don't need to consult with other parties, let alone asking public/janta for opinion !
raghussc no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2017, 06:11 PM   #14583
krishnazden
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 20
Likes (Received): 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babji View Post
perhaps, this is an indication that SG is not gonna allocate any funds for HMR in the next budget. expect more austerity measures from HMR ...

Govt should at least call for an all party meet before taking any drastic decision!

How strange is the news, few days back we heard, TG & HMR has decided to go ahead with Old city metro rail without any changes. Now this . I seriously doubt this media articles. As informed citizens, pls dont simple believe what is said in the news papers. In this articles they say govt sources but don't eloborate at all. It is easy to blame TG Govt. Have trust on LnT, they are not smart people and good company. Once metro opens up. this metro will work wonders for the city like all PPP airports at Hyd,Blr, Mumbai & Delhi.
krishnazden no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2017, 10:24 PM   #14584
Babji
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 7,040
Likes (Received): 479

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnazden View Post
How strange is the news, few days back we heard, TG & HMR has decided to go ahead with Old city metro rail without any changes. Now this . I seriously doubt this media articles. As informed citizens, pls dont simple believe what is said in the news papers. In this articles they say govt sources but don't eloborate at all. It is easy to blame TG Govt. Have trust on LnT, they are not smart people and good company. Once metro opens up. this metro will work wonders for the city like all PPP airports at Hyd,Blr, Mumbai & Delhi.
as a keen follower of Hyd Metro project progress - what is your opinion?

do you think, Govt would go ahead with Metro construction in old city?

do you think, Govt would allocate adequate fund for Metro in the upcoming budget?

do you think, Govt would take steps to commence Metro operations during 2017?
Babji no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2017, 10:48 PM   #14585
sandeeprai99
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,312
Likes (Received): 262

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babji View Post
as a keen follower of Hyd Metro project progress - what is your opinion?

do you think, Govt would go ahead with Metro construction in old city?

do you think, Govt would allocate adequate fund for Metro in the upcoming budget?

do you think, Govt would take steps to commence Metro operations during 2017?
All answers are no.. coz they 2018 to start it just before elections.. why waste now ...
sandeeprai99 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2017, 10:49 PM   #14586
sandeeprai99
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,312
Likes (Received): 262

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeeprai99 View Post
All answers are no.. coz they 2018 to start it just before elections.. why waste now ...
And by the way .. they can blame it on previous govt..For the mess.. and claim the phase 2 would be better .. easy
__________________

Babji liked this post
sandeeprai99 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2017, 10:53 PM   #14587
sandeeprai99
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,312
Likes (Received): 262

But logically, I feel don't make sense to start the metro till it from nagole to Begumpet and miyapur to at least lakdi ka pul.. or the complete .. if I am the head the project.. I wouldn't do it... Doesn't make sense.. operational cost also get added .. once we start the stretches .. which atleats they don't have it now. Atleats now I can concentrate on completing the project. Which running behind schedule ..
__________________

Babji liked this post
sandeeprai99 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:05 AM   #14588
krishnazden
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 20
Likes (Received): 14

Hyd Metro is private metro on lines of Hyd Airport. It will be managed by private company, not like BLR metro which is public one.. LnT has to make sizeable revenue from Metro and it can only happen once non travel avenues pick up, such as Metro malls & others.

-L&T could have finished the malls but it didn't . There might be some reason.
-They could have completed the Ameerpet interchange. But they are taking lot of time to construct.
- L&T has made some mistake regarding its own capacity to execute the project and it is constructing metro for the first time ever.
- L&T almost threatened to withdraw post bifurcation on fears that hyderabad might loose edge, which didnt happen at all and quite funny.
- If the metro starts, banks which have given loan to LnT will start charging more interest on LnT. So LnT wants max revenue when it starts.
- cases such post office issue at begumpet, padmahamsa has postponed work, as these cases were in court.

What HMR could have done is better road & traffic management which would resolve the issues.

Both LnT and TG are to blame. LnT for execution, and for TG as new govt should have extra importance to infra.

I am sure metro will come in old city in same route, once it starts in other places, hyd people will have point of view changed and will ask metro in their neighbourhood and same will happen in old city as well.
__________________
krishnazden no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:20 PM   #14589
Babji
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 7,040
Likes (Received): 479

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnazden View Post
Hyd Metro is private metro on lines of Hyd Airport. It will be managed by private company, not like BLR metro which is public one.. LnT has to make sizeable revenue from Metro and it can only happen once non travel avenues pick up, such as Metro malls & others.

-L&T could have finished the malls but it didn't . There might be some reason.
-They could have completed the Ameerpet interchange. But they are taking lot of time to construct.
- L&T has made some mistake regarding its own capacity to execute the project and it is constructing metro for the first time ever.
- L&T almost threatened to withdraw post bifurcation on fears that hyderabad might loose edge, which didnt happen at all and quite funny.
- If the metro starts, banks which have given loan to LnT will start charging more interest on LnT. So LnT wants max revenue when it starts.
- cases such post office issue at begumpet, padmahamsa has postponed work, as these cases were in court.

What HMR could have done is better road & traffic management which would resolve the issues.

Both LnT and TG are to blame. LnT for execution, and for TG as new govt should have extra importance to infra.

I am sure metro will come in old city in same route, once it starts in other places, hyd people will have point of view changed and will ask metro in their neighbourhood and same will happen in old city as well.
good analysis. you have mentioned what and how and where L&T could have done better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaheerH View Post
TOI

... Some of the reasons for the delay in the project include the government not providing the Right of Way in several stretches due to issues in land acquisition. A decision on the alignment near the Legislative Assembly was stalled for a year as the authorities looked for an alternative route. There was also opposition from traders at Sultan Bazaar, but it was resolved subsequently. The project developers also rain into trouble in acquisition of land at Green Lands and Sangeet Junction.

"It will take a minimum of 10 months to one year to complete the pending works. Two years are required if the Old City alignment is finalized. Over 1,000 properties need to be acquired in the Old City for the project," an official in the municipal administration department said.

L&T has been asking for extension of project schedule by 18 months for the past one year. It has also sought monetary compensation for the delays and cost overruns, which it says is due to the government failing to give the Right of Way as per the original schedule. An independent engineer was appointed to look into these issues. If the government and L&T do not come to an understanding on the cost, the project developer may opt for arbitration...
now, could you also say, what and how and where the state govt could have done better?!...
Babji no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
hyderabad, metro

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 01:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu