daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Supertalls > Proposed Supertalls

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 9th, 2014, 05:27 PM   #101
jason102

Likes (Received): 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesselKornel View Post
I read about this project and now I finally found the thread. It is completely insane. I live in Baiszhizhou, in one of the res. highrises, and to see it to be dwarfed by that many supertalls is quite absurd. Baiszhizhou, is, in my humble opinion, the most awesome part of SZ, it is near Window of the World, which has malls etc. It contains higher end residential buildings (in which I live) and of course the urban village, which is the best place to go for a beer . There are, however, still a lot of wasted spaces where development could take place. This tabula rasa however... please let it be drastically re-envisioned.
Hey Wessel, I live in Baishizhou too, and have given groups tours of the urban village (ha, no joke!). I also know of groups that are trying to preserve the urban village culture and memories before they bulldoze it down. I'll PM you so we can be in touch.

FM 2258 liked this post
jason102 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old September 9th, 2014, 05:36 PM   #102
FM 2258

Likes (Received): 373

As much as I love supertalls and modern development, I also like the older more "organic" neighborhoods. Looking at the map there seems to be plenty of land where a project of this size could be built without disrupting existing residences. Newer developments don't seem to capture any of the coziness of the old neighborhoods.

TowerVerre:), WesselKornel liked this post
FM 2258 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2014, 11:18 AM   #103
jason102

Likes (Received): 41

There are many good official renders and plans posted in this thread already, but I thought I might share what the local people are seeing - below are pictures I personally took on 9/27 of a new sign erected on a main street in Baishizhou detailing the redevelopment plans. I'll roughly translate what each sign says below:

Baishizhou (the northern area), adjacent to a main axis and thoroughfare of Shenzhen (Shennan Avenue), an area of 45.95 hectares, includes the following areas ...(a list of subparts of Baishizhou and their respective sizes)...

For this project, 184.8 square meters will be redeveloped, and the project will affect approximately 83,000 people, which includes 5,543 native Shenzhen-born occupants. The remaining 77,821 residents come from other parts of China.

Currently Baishizhou is an "urban village", and has starkly different characteristics from that of the nearby, more modern and spacious parts of Shenzhen. It's pretty obvious that there's a huge development, quality of life, and quality of environment gap/difference, and the redevelopment project aims to solve this.

In order to achieve the goals set out by this project, as well as alleviate such development and standard of living gaps and differences, the Baishizhou redevelopment project thus takes on the core motto of "imagination and innovation", which will help to make this area the new highlight of the Huaqiaocheng (Overseas Chinese City) region.

Characteristics of a modern and vibrant city that this redevelopment project hopes to encompass includes being an innovation center, trendy and stylish, a tourist and entertainment destination, and an art and culture hub.

The Baishizhou redevelopment project will be a center of innovation (technology and business), a tourism service base, a business center, as well as a livable residential district, including different kinds of residential spaces such as multi-story residential towers, apartments, residences, and gated communities.

The goal of this project is to not only solve standard of living and transportation problems, but to also better integrate into the overall Overseas Chinese City region, in order to set a precedent that will enable the whole of Shenzhen to develop smarter in the future.

These changes will be gradually implemented.

Finally, other goals will be to integrate the current residents of the urban village into the better areas of the city (move them out of the areas that will be redeveloped and torn down) and increase property values. This project will raise the bar of what it means to live in a modern metropolis, and enhance the standard of living and convenience for everyone.

----
(I know my translation is nowhere near accurate, so if I missed anything important our Chinese speakers can pitch in, but that's the general gist of it.)

Closeup pics - if you've never been in a Chinese urban village, know that it is very dirty and has massive amounts of tangled wires strung between buildings tightly packed together. It's almost like a kind of slum, coming from me as a Westerner, although many Chinese people would reject calling it that:

FM 2258, CP11, BIFC, TowerVerre:) liked this post
jason102 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2014, 04:17 PM   #104
TowerVerre:)

Likes (Received): 906

Is that a different design on the fence or is that picture just showing a specific part of the redevelopment? Hopefully they are still planning to build their 600m tower.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
TowerVerre:) no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2014, 06:20 PM   #105
BarbaricManchurian
来了就是深圳人

Likes (Received): 5642

The pictures are just showing the existing slum.

| Under Construction:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
BarbaricManchurian está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2014, 06:24 PM   #106
TowerVerre:)

Likes (Received): 906

I am talking about this one:

TowerVerre:) no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2015, 04:54 PM   #107
gx231918

Likes (Received): 335

by SOM posted by Antioch

Old February 13th, 2015, 06:18 PM   #108
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Likes (Received): 4518

~130 floors + crown
~100 floors + crown
~75 floors + small crown

yes please
KillerZavatar está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2015, 06:35 PM   #109
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 4588

Awesome!

Follow me on Twitter: @Black_Peak
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2015, 08:07 PM   #110
Ch.W

Likes (Received): 1628

Build it...tomorrow!

Zaz965 liked this post
Ch.W no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2015, 09:08 PM   #111
mafd12

Likes (Received): 791

That's amazing design.

Great for Shenzhen.

Ps: How is going right now?
mafd12 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2015, 02:34 PM   #112
krkseg1ops

Likes (Received): 604

WTH?? 130, 100, and 75 floors? The biggest tower alone should sport more rentable office space than my whole city
krkseg1ops no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2015, 01:39 AM   #113
MattTheTubaGuy
Skyscrapers to the stars

Likes (Received): 528

That seems vaguely reminiscent of the One Dubai proposal a few years back.

view my
MattTheTubaGuy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2015, 10:30 PM   #114
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

didn't realize it before, but it's right across the street of this monster: http://skyscraperpage.com/cities/?buildingID=1503

just imagine this triple tower across an even bigger megatall

too bad these projects are both only conceptual as of now

highly accurate render :

Ch.W, CP11, MarshallKnight liked this post

Last edited by KillerZavatar; April 15th, 2015 at 10:36 PM.
Old April 15th, 2015, 10:53 PM   #115
Ch.W

Likes (Received): 1628

OMG
i've counted 13 supertalls and 8 buildings 250m (one 290m)
"Only" in this part of the city. When this boom is going on shenzhen will be a city of supertalls like no other.
Old April 15th, 2015, 11:11 PM   #116
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

and that doesn't even take into account how close the Shenwan skyline with another 4 400m+ towers would be, if everything gets built.

baishizhou is totally concept though. If this ever gets built it will take decades from now on to get done. All these concept buildings would then get actual developers and go thru designing phases with big chances of many to be revised downwards i would imagine. So my current hope is that just parts of the slums get razed, that would shape the way of at least partial projects to have chances to get underway
Old April 21st, 2015, 05:02 PM   #117
snapdragon

Likes (Received): 192

Anyway will the latest clampdown on heights as the govt officials fight with airport officials . I only have hope that this will get realised.