daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Skyscrapers > Proposed Skyscrapers

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 27th, 2013, 05:51 AM   #1
desertpunk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Likes (Received): 53484

MIAMI | Lynx Development | 227m | 745ft | 80 fl | 436ft | App

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Downtown Miami Lynx Property Has New Owner

Quote:
New York investment firm Wharton Equity Partners has received the deed to the land where the Lynx complex was once proposed at 16 SE 2nd street in downtown Miami.

Wharton obtained the deed in lieu of foreclosure from previous owner Burdines 1225, LLC. Wharton had purchased the note earlier this year from Iberiabank, and received a final judgement last month. Burdines 1225 was managed by Gregory Mirmelli.

Wharton Equity Partners president Peter Lewis tells exMiami that the firm has already turned down multiple offers for the property, and that land prices have risen much faster than they anticipated since buying the note. Lewis said that they are considering all possibilities including developing it now or bringing in a partner.

The Lynx project was designed by Pei Partners and Chad Oppenheim, and received a major use special permit from the City of Miami in 2005.

The approved project included a mixed-use six-building cluster development ranging in height from 436 feet to 745 feet.

http://exmiami.org/index.php/ny-inve...owntown-miami/

Renders c.2005 Expect some more twists and turns with this one, revisions as new developments emerge...

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post

Last edited by desertpunk; December 25th, 2015 at 01:30 AM.
desertpunk no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 27th, 2013, 05:55 AM   #2
desertpunk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

How big is Lynx? BIG.

http://exmiami.org/index.php/ny-inve...owntown-miami/

Last edited by desertpunk; July 23rd, 2014 at 06:35 AM.
Old June 27th, 2013, 02:04 PM   #3
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Likes (Received): 3547

Looks very good. I'm glad they went for a simple, yet elegant design

Kanto no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2013, 04:38 AM   #4
desertpunk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanto View Post
Looks very good. I'm glad they went for a simple, yet elegant design
I.M.Pei muthafukkers!

Kanto, ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
Old June 29th, 2013, 12:02 AM   #5
Eric Offereins
The only way is up

Likes (Received): 29162

elegant??? it's just massive.

Eric Offereins no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2013, 05:12 AM   #6
RobertWalpole
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2508

I love Miami, but the last thing it needs is more boxes. It is vying with Boston to be the Seattle of the East.
RobertWalpole no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2013, 05:29 AM   #7
desertpunk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

I'd be very surprised if that design survives the revival process. The large office component is of little use right now since residential is where the action is. It could always be reworked using the same designs but I just doubt it...

Here's another revived development in Miami from about the same time which I hope can be built as envisioned:

Premiere Towers http://crescentheights.mobi/properties.html

But it too had office space in it.

Old July 1st, 2013, 02:28 PM   #8
RobertWalpole
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2508

I like those.
RobertWalpole no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2014, 09:44 PM   #9
Amtrak96

Likes (Received): 390

Hope this project will make a come back. this will be amazing

Amtrak96 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2014, 06:33 AM   #10
desertpunk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Court Awards Damages Over Mortgage On Lynx Property

Quote:
A jury hit Harvey Silverman and his business partners with a $14.3 million verdict, including $5.3 million in compensatory damages and $9 million in punitive damages, over an attempt to wipe out a $5.5 million mortgage according to Law360.

In 2007, Silverman and partners bought the property known as the Lynx lot for $21.5 with a $5.5 million loan from the seller, 1225 8th Street Properties Inc., along with a $16 million mortgage from Orion Bank. Following the market collapse in 2009, Silverman and his partners crafted a plan to buy the first mortgage from the bank and foreclose on the property in order to eliminate the $5.5 million mortgage, according to court filings cited by Law360. Court records state that Silverman’s manager used a shell company to buy the mortgage.

The property is best known for the Lynx proposal prepared by Pei Partners and Chad Oppenheim, although the developers who dreamed up Lynx never actually owned the land. It is currently owned by Wharton Equity Partners.

[...]
While this verdict doesn't clear the way for development, it resolves an ugly outstanding issue. Wharton can either sell or develop the Lynx site themselves. I'm thinking they're looking to flip:

Quote:
Wharton Equity acquired a note secured by a 2.2 acre parcel of land in downtown Miami. The site is zoned for a 2 million square foot mixed use development project, and has plans previously developed by an architectural firm associated with the internationally-acclaimed architect, I.M. Pei. Wharton Equity’s partner on the transaction is a leading global hedge fund. The note was acquired “all cash” with 100% equity.

http://www.whartonequity.com/realEstate.php

Old April 17th, 2015, 11:39 AM   #11
desertpunk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Lynx Property Listed For Sale, Could Fetch More Than $75 Million

The massive Lynx development envisioned several tall towers.

Quote:
A high-profile site in downtown Miami has been listed for sale by brokerage firm HFF.

The 2.1-acre site is located at 16 SE 2nd Street, and is best known for once being the proposed site of the Lynx project. It is zoned T6-80, with the potential for up to 3.2-million-square-foot project and a tower that is taller than 80 stories

In 2005, the city of Miami issued a MUSP for the mixed-use Lynx project on the site, designed by Pei Partners and Chad Oppenheim. Then company that was behind that proposal however, never actually owned the property, and the plans soon fell apart.

Wharton Equity Partners, the current owner of the land, took title to the property in 2013. It has been used as a surface parking lot for decades.

No asking price has been set. Jaret Turkell, a managing director at HFF, tells TNM that he expects the property to sell for ‘north of $75 million.’ The most recent open-market sale of the property was for $21.5 million in 2007.

[...]
Another site with supertall potential!

ploppalopp, ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
Old September 5th, 2015, 01:16 PM   #12
Fabricio JF
ad scientia

Likes (Received): 6711

Hi guys, I recorded a registry while I was traveling during my last vacation in July.

I took one picture of the site when I was in the Miami Tower.

2015-07-26Time18.42.39-OneThousandMuseum by Fabricio JF, on Photobucket
Casa Atlântica | Single project of Zaha Hadid to South America in Rio >> BP / ES
Fabricio JF no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2015, 09:10 AM   #13
desertpunk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Kobi Karp Releases Rendering Of 80-Story Tower At Former Lynx Site

Quote:
Kobi Karp has released a rendering of a three-tower project on the former Lynx site.

It isn’t clear who commissioned the new design. Developer Wharton Equity Partners updated their site with the renderings last week, and they also have been added to the website of a broker who has been marketing the land since last April.

The property is zoned for up to 3.2-million square feet, with the potential for a tower that is 80 stories.

[...]

Tags
16 se 2nd st., lynx, miami