daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 31st, 2015, 08:11 PM   #241
압둘라-爱- LOVE
'대한민국'

Likes (Received): 1566

TBM 1 - "San'ah"
TBM 2 - "Dhafrah"
TBM 3 - "Tharbah"
TBM 4 - "Menefah"
TBM 5 - "Th'aqebah"
TBM 6 - "S'amlah"
TBM 7 - "Jazlah"

All TBM names in this pics in Arabic.

Twitter:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

dimlys1994 liked this post

Last edited by 압둘라-爱- LOVE; October 31st, 2015 at 08:16 PM.
압둘라-爱- LOVE no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old October 31st, 2015, 08:27 PM   #242
압둘라-爱- LOVE
'대한민국'

TBM 1 - "San'ah"

is the faster TBM in riyadh metro project .

43m per day.

San'ah's work

Twitter:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old November 6th, 2015, 03:30 PM   #243
압둘라-爱- LOVE
'대한민국'

[New Update,2015.11.6 ,Today] metro bridges works in king abdullah street (Red Line)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saleh93 View Post
#الرياض
6/11/2015 #مترو_الرياض على طريق الملك عبدالله مقابل مركز الرياض الدولي للمعارض

Twitter:

Old November 9th, 2015, 10:45 AM   #244
압둘라-爱- LOVE
'대한민국'

Riyadh waiting "jazlah" TBM to come thru by this wall today(About an hour from now)

Twitter:

Last edited by 압둘라-爱- LOVE; November 9th, 2015 at 10:51 AM.
Old November 9th, 2015, 01:28 PM   #245
압둘라-爱- LOVE
'대한민국'

DONE

Twitter:

dimlys1994, lazioye liked this post
Old November 9th, 2015, 01:32 PM   #246
dimlys1994

Likes (Received): 17830

The banner said "TBM breakthrough at Saudi Railways station", isn't it?

압둘라-爱- LOVE liked this post
dimlys1994 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2015, 01:35 PM   #247
압둘라-爱- LOVE
'대한민국'

Yes at Railway station .

Twitter:

Old November 10th, 2015, 02:57 PM   #248
dimlys1994

Video of breakthrough:

Old November 16th, 2015, 01:59 PM   #249
dimlys1994

From Railway Gazette:

Quote:
http://www.railwaygazette.com/news/u...struction.html

First Alstom metro cars for Riyadh under construction
16 Nov 2015

SAUDI ARABIA: Production of the first of 69 two-car Metropolis trainsets for Riyadh metro lines 4, 5 and 6 has begun at Alstom’s Katowice plant in Poland.

Metro project promoter Arriyadh Development Authority expects to unveil a full-size mock-up of a trainset in Riyadh shortly, and is scheduled to take delivery of the first three completed Alstom trainsets in 2017.

The two-car driverless Alstom Metropolis trainsets sets will be 36 m long and 2 710 mm wide, with all axles powered to cope with gradients of up to 6%. The interiors will have standard, first and family classes, with LED lighting, air-conditioning and an ‘advanced’ passenger information system

Old November 17th, 2015, 12:17 AM   #250
압둘라-爱- LOVE
'대한민국'

[NEWS]24% of Riyadh Metro work done

Source Link

Quote:

RIYADH: The Arriyadh Development Authority (ADA) celebrated on Monday morning the arrival of the giant machine called “Jazlah” which is used for digging tunnels for the Riyadh Metro project
“We celebrate today the arrival of the drilling machine Jazlah at one of the train stations in Riyadh in the presence of the Italian premier,” said Ibrahim bin Mohammed Sultan, member of the ADA planning board. Jazlah is the fifth of seven machines needed for the project. Among the celebrants was Italian Prime Minister Matteo Renzi, who is currently in Saudi Arabia. He was welcomed by Sultan and other ADA officials and leaders of global companies.
“We haven’t gotten to the advance stages of implementing the Riyadh Metro project but we thank Custodian of the Two Mosques King Salman and Riyadh Gov. Prince Faisal bin Bandar for their support,” he said. He added that “it’s a giant project that affects all aspects of life in the city, which operates the program timetable.”
He noted that some 24 percent of the project has so far been achieved, adding that some 800 Saudi engineers are involved in the project.
The station is on the orange line of the King Abdulaziz Project for Public Transportation. It goes all the way to the Madinah-Prince Saad Abdulrahman Street in the Saudi capital.
Those present on the occasion watched the machine begin work at the terminal wall located at depth of 25 meters underground.
The machine will bore the tunnel for the orange line route from south of Prince Faisal bin Fahd Stadium in the Malaz district.
After penetrating the terminal wall, Jazlah continued its way down, digging a tunnel with a length of 6.5 km on the orange line which is 40.7 km long.

Twitter:

Old November 25th, 2015, 01:16 PM   #251
Krysman25

Likes (Received): 1

Hi guys,

I have enjoyed going through this thread. I have left Riyadh before the construction of the Metro started but I keep following thanks to this forum.

May I please ask if anyone of you works on this project? I'm trying to contact people in charge of the TBM to see how they deal with the wear troubles. Is the soil very hard? How do you protect the cutting disks?

Thank you!

Krysman25 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2015, 05:32 PM   #252
iKHALEDM

Likes (Received): 1329

more than 26% of the project is done as Riyadh prince said.
iKHALEDM no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2015, 05:42 PM   #253
iKHALEDM

Likes (Received): 1329

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krysman25 View Post
Hi guys,

I have enjoyed going through this thread. I have left Riyadh before the construction of the Metro started but I keep following thanks to this forum.

May I please ask if anyone of you works on this project? I'm trying to contact people in charge of the TBM to see how they deal with the wear troubles. Is the soil very hard? How do you protect the cutting disks?

Thank you!
I don't work on the project, but I have visited one of the TBMs. I didn't understand "wear troubles"?!

For the soil, actually as you know, there're more than one TBM in the project. and I will remind you, if you don't really know, Riyadh city is very large. So, the soil will be different form one particular place to another. I see the most easy soil is the one on the middle of Riyadh (San'ah) on the green line (King Abdullaziz Road). They have reached more than 43M/day which is near to the highest number globally (which is ~48-49M/day). And also, in the place of one of the TBMs that I have visited, they ware telling me that they are facing a problem with the water inside the soil and the earth itself! The machine which I visited is on the 3rd line (the orange line). And the name of it is (Jazlah).

And I will answer you from my point of knowledge (not like engineers ), they use a lot of water to protect the machines.

And guess what? The first and the fastest machine (Sana'ah) is going to finish (by the order of Allah) on March of 2016, which is before the scheduled date by 8 months!
iKHALEDM no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2015, 12:10 PM   #254
Krysman25

Likes (Received): 1

Thanks for the answer iKhaledM.

What I mean by "wear troubles" is that basically, you dig the soil so the machinery parts will eventually get worn out as they are in contact with sand/rocks/soil....If the soil is very hard to dig, it can become costly to dig and it might get more time as you always have to stop the machine to repair/replace parts.
Solutions exist to increase the lifespan of the machinery parts and I was wondering if the people in charge of the TBMs were using it or if they didn't need it.

The only way for you not to need it is if the soil is not hard at all or if you have plenty of money to spend
Krysman25 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2015, 08:20 PM   #255
Bassam Alsakran

Likes (Received): 191

A metro station on the 5th line (green line) on King Abdulaziz road.
via: @saudiproject

Bassam Alsakran no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:03 AM   #256
dimlys1994

Another TBM breakthrough in Riyadh:

:

For you:

&
pages

Tags
metro, monorail, public transport, riyadh, saudi arabia