SkyscraperCity Forum banner

BARCELONA | Metro

412K views 1K replies 128 participants last post by  Bitxofo 
#1 ·
Barcelona Metro - maps showing L9/L10?

Are there any "official" maps of the Barcelona Metro showing the lines (L9 and L10) currently under construction? New lines and expansions are added to the London Underground map (as a dashed line) pretty much as soon as work starts, but I didn't see any showing L9/L10 when I was out there last month.

The maps showing the unified rail system also all showed R1 still going to the airport, despite the change in services from 22 July and the introduction of R10. Come to think of it, where are R8 and R9? R1-4 and R7 are Renfe Rodalies, and R5 and R6 are FGC lines, so why the missing two?

#38 ·
My project from Barcelona subway

#39 ·
This morning I visited the new metro line...

Esta mañana "he estrenado" la L10 del Metro, en general las estaciones me han gustado mucho más que las del trampo de la L9, especialmente la de Bon Pastor, me parece una pasada. La luz de las estaciones es más blanca. Por contra, están mucho más sucias que cuando inauguraron el otro tramo. Hay mucho polvo y ello hace que el suelo parezca una pista de patinaje sobre hielo XD.

El acceso desde la L2 viniendo del centro es una caca.

Gorg

La Salut

Llefià

Bon Pastor

Hola :D

Y eso es todo.

#47 ·
<m> Poblenou

Nice pictures from the early days! As I live next to Poblenou station I was wondering, does anybody know if they are planning to add exits on the Lope de Vega side of the station, e.g. at the end where there is no exit currently? I know <m> Selva de Mar, <m>LLacuna and <m> Bogatell are all getting a facelift and easier access, but what about Poblenou?

#49 ·
It was renamed as Sant Pau|Dos de Maig last year, but until then it had been named Hospital de Sant Pau, as it is located on the boundaries of this hospital. It has been renamed because the huge hospital complex has been moved uphill, so now the station that serves this hospital is Guinardó|Hospital de Sant Pau (L4), that previously was only Guinardó.

Dos de Maig (Dos de Mayo in Spanish) is the name of the street where the station of the L5 is located.

#50 ·
Until the name reform to catalan in 1982 all stations used spanish spelling. Apart from just changing the spelling from spanish to catalan they also changed the name for a few stations.

Maladeta > Can Vidalet

San Ramón > Collblanc

General Mola > Verdaguer

Dos de Mayo > Hospital de Sant Pau > Sant Pau|Dos de Maig

Roquetes > Via Júlia

Gran Via > Passeig de Gràcia

Aragón > Passeig de Gràcia

Pere IV > Bogatell

Luchana > Llacuna

Mina > Besòs Mar

Roma > Sants-Estació

Parlamento > Poble Sec

I've added a few more pictures to the first page :)

#51 ·
Right - here's some of my photos taken in April:

This is actually a RENFE commuter train, taken at Placa de Catalunya:

Much of the Barcelona rail system uses the 1688mm wide gauge:

A random shot of escalators and signage...

And a wall of ticket gates:

And this is Drassanes on Line 3:

Now this is actually 1435mm standard gauge (according to Wikipedia):

Taken inside a Line 3 train (IIRC): Barcelona Metro is generally well used:

#52 ·
You're right with the track gauges. Here I add the rest of the lines:

1668 mm (Spanish gauge): Metro L1 and Renfe Suburban Service.
1435 mm (International gauge): Metro L2, L3, L4, L5, L6, L7, L9, L10, L11 and FGC Vallès Suburban Service.
1000 mm (Narrow Gauge): Metro L8 and FGC Llobregat Suburban Service.

#55 ·
You're right with the track gauges. Here I add the rest of the lines:

1668 mm (Spanish gauge): Metro L1 and Renfe Suburban Service.
1435 mm (International gauge): Metro L2, L3, L4, L5, L6, L7, L9, L10, L11 and FGC Vallès Suburban Service.
1000 mm (Narrow Gauge): Metro L8 and FGC Llobregat Suburban Service.
Actually the gauge on line 1 was never changed and remain the last railway in Spain with the old imperial 6 feet (1674 mm).

#54 ·
Hello:)

On June the 26th a new stretch of lines 9 and 10 will be opened.
This will lead from its current terminus at Bon Pastor to Sagrera, with an intermediate station at Onze de Setembre.

Both lines 9 and 10 will share stations on this new section.

There will be a ghost station at Sagrera Estació, as it will only open the day the new HST Sagrera Station will open for the HS trains to France and Switzerland (should be in three or four years, but this being Barcelona, you never know...).

The new section will temporarily use a tunnel designed for line 4 until the day lines 9/10 will be extended further south/west of the city. This tunnel runs from the point where lines 9/10 and 4 meet, to Sagrera HST Station and Sagrera (Meridiana) terminus.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.