daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013)

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > OZScrapers > Urban Spaces > Archives

Old March 17th, 2003, 07:50 AM   #1
Noonos

Likes (Received):

#Sydney: Genoa Tower (Bondi Jct)

I had to start a new thread..the old onee got deleted(?)

Anywho, the crane for the site is UP!!! also the crane is FRIGGIN massive, the tip looks easily 120m up! Its a Grocon crane, and is on the edge of the site, and for some reason they've jacked the thing up to full height alrady! and i dont think they've even gotten close to ground level w/ floors!

BTW

Genoa tower is a 56m Tower (18 stories) and on bronte rd. could anyone get a pic of the site? if you want a veiw from the rooftop of eastleauges, just go to the 8th level of eastleauges (this is the top office level) and go to an east leauges offfice and ask for Mark Peoples and ask to go to the roof to take some pics.

Sponsored Links

Old March 17th, 2003, 09:34 AM   #2
finn

Likes (Received): 558

Here it is Noonos!

Just found it HERE on realestate.com.au!

Good looking tower!
finn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2003, 09:55 AM   #3
Noonos

Likes (Received):

yep, it looks fan-spiffing-tastic! the shorrt tower especially, it was meant to be taller.

Also i can see they've ledft out eastgate towers, but not the podium? and the other tower to the far right? WTF
Old March 17th, 2003, 01:29 PM   #4
finn

Likes (Received): 558

<table cellpadding=4 cellspacing=0 width=98% class="quoteBox">
<td align=left valign=center> <smallfont> <b>Quote</B> <I>originally posted by Noonos </i></b> </smallfont> </td>
<tr><td align=left valign=top>yep, it looks fan-spiffing-tastic! the shorrt tower especially, it was meant to be taller.

Also i can see they've ledft out eastgate towers, but not the podium? and the other tower to the far right? WTF</td></tr>
</table>

They dont want the tower to appear overshadowed by the Eastgate Towers, yet they want the rendering to show that Genoa is conveniently located near to shopping (i.e. Coles) - thus the towers are absent, but the shopping centre in the podium is there.

The strangely altered Nokia Tower in the background is supposed to give the impression of a busy, urban, trendy type of environment.

These artists' impressions really do give themselves a lot of artistic license, don't they!
finn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2003, 02:15 PM   #5
CULWULLA

Likes (Received): 1477

cool! ill add pic to ss.com (when its back).
Old March 20th, 2003, 02:54 PM   #6
CULWULLA

just added it to ss.com!! its back!! better and faster than ever!! finally after 4 weeks !!
Old March 21st, 2003, 03:23 AM   #7
Fabian
Sydney: World's best city

Likes (Received): 1012

The crane from Kensington and even Brighton is pretty visible and it even isn't going to built that tall.

Fab Sydney Flashbacks
Fabian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2003, 07:59 AM   #8
Noonos

Likes (Received):

i told u it was tall fabian this baby will be a great addition!

notice how there are two towers? the main and the shorter 5 sotrey? yeah the shorter one WAS gonna be taller but...yeah
It will have an above(and maybe below) ground carpark, the above ground will be in the bottom of the main toweer.

Also it will be built by Grocon!

BTW its handy to have a dad working in the office tower next to it...my dad heard of this tower easy 2 yrs ago!
Old March 27th, 2003, 05:26 AM   #9
Muse
Supernature

Likes (Received): 17

Had a chance to pass by the Genoa Tower site yesterday and the Gocon crane is one mighty big crane!!
Muse no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2003, 01:57 PM   #10
Noonos

Likes (Received):

just some more info.....The smaller 8 storie tower will have its own core, alreadi has the base formed, as does the other core or the main core which is on the edge of the site, OR ive misjudged and the main tower will share the coree and the core on the edge of the site is for lower levels.....? BTW the levels are at ground level now! Grocon aint wasting time on this!
Old April 21st, 2003, 08:43 AM   #11
Noonos

Likes (Received):

well, just come back from the site itself (with photos) and the major core is formed and well is abit all over the place atm, but we'll see a grocon or summit corebox for sure soon anyway!
Old April 21st, 2003, 02:15 PM   #12
CULWULLA

<td align=left valign=center> <smallfont> <b>Quote</B> <I>originally posted by museumb </i></b> </smallfont> </td>
<tr><td align=left valign=top>Had a chance to pass by the Genoa Tower site yesterday and the Gocon crane is one mighty big crane!!</td></tr>
</table>
remember, its not the size of the crane that counts, but how you use it!!lol
Old April 26th, 2003, 10:19 AM   #13
Noonos

Likes (Received):

no, muse is right, it is a big crane.....120m easily
Old April 27th, 2003, 03:15 AM   #14
Fabian

<td align=left valign=center> <smallfont> <b>Quote</B> <I>originally posted by Fabian </i></b> </smallfont> </td>
<tr><td align=left valign=top>The crane from Kensington and even Brighton is pretty visible and it even isn't going to built that tall.</td></tr>
</table>

I looked at them again this morning and they look even bigger!!! So visible too.

Fab Sydney Flashbacks
Old April 27th, 2003, 05:52 AM   #15
Muse
Supernature

Likes (Received): 17

It's tall in this case, not just due to the tower's height but also due to the large footprint of the site. It has to be able to deliver materials and reach over a large area.

The mast (tower) of the crane is tall so the jib (arm) can reach.

BTW Noonos (our Bondi Junction correspondent). Are you able to get any snaps of the site?
Muse no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2003, 07:07 AM   #16
Noonos

Likes (Received):

yep, got some of the all over the lace core and site in general+ looking up the crane
Old April 27th, 2003, 07:09 AM   #17
Noonos

Likes (Received):

<td align=left valign=center> <smallfont> <b>Quote</B> <I>originally posted by Noonos </i></b> </smallfont> </td>
<tr><td align=left valign=top>yep, got some of the all over the lace core and site in general+ looking up the crane</td></tr>
</table>

*place
Old April 29th, 2003, 01:10 PM   #18
Noonos

Likes (Received):

WELL i got to go to the outdoor roof of the eastleauges club 35m up!

if you happen to have an urge to go up there for some CRAZY reason (hint) just go to the second floor of offices and go to M.Peoples and Assoc. and ask for Mark Peoples, than ask for "the key"

Last edited by Noonos; April 30th, 2003 at 10:13 AM.
Old April 29th, 2003, 10:58 PM   #19
Fabian

You haven't given us the name of the person to ask for!

Is there anything else worth taking up from there?

Fab Sydney Flashbacks
Old April 30th, 2003, 10:12 AM   #20
Noonos

Likes (Received):

welll...westfeild...you can see hurstville! but that'll go soon, you can take a pic of the bridge, the northern end of the city, plus the rest of bondi jct! BTW you can spy on ppl in the towers