daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Citytalk and Urban Issues

Citytalk and Urban Issues » Guess the City

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 2nd, 2016, 04:23 AM   #201
xrtn2

Likes (Received): 9688

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzrider View Post
Hi,
From what I see Brazil housing system looks like promising.Pix Doesn't look too much doctored(IMO). Folks look decent and liberal. To all those people in the developed world, reaching to your level both from personal and social POV will take time and it may even take a different dimension. How about some facilities like swimming pool/play ground for kids etc. in the Brazilian housing? One thing I love are those side-walks hope they designed it like Europe/USA. There is no proper sidewalk anywhere in my place.
There are school, healthcare center and police station:

Catanduva

Minha Casa Minha Vida em Catanduva (SP) by Blog do Planalto, no Flickr

O MCMV entrega 1.237 moradias em Catanduva (SP) by Imprensa CAIXA, no Flickr

Boa Vista

Boa Vista (RR) recebe 2.992 moradias do MCMV by Imprensa CAIXA, no Flickr

Quarta-feira, 9 de dezembro de 2015 by Blog do Planalto, no Flickr

What no eye has seen, what no ear has heard, and what no human mind has conceived — the things God has prepared for those who love him

1 Corinthians 2 Bible

Last edited by xrtn2; January 2nd, 2016 at 04:32 AM.
xrtn2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old January 2nd, 2016, 05:06 PM   #202
xrtn2

Brazil

Entrega de moradias em Catiguá (06/12) by Secretaria da Habitação SP, no Flickr

Minha Casa Minha Vida entrega 603 unidades em Umuarama (PR) by Imprensa CAIXA, no Flickr

Minha Casa Minha Vida entrega 603 unidades em Umuarama (PR) by Imprensa CAIXA, no Flickr

What no eye has seen, what no ear has heard, and what no human mind has conceived — the things God has prepared for those who love him

1 Corinthians 2 Bible

Last edited by xrtn2; January 2nd, 2016 at 05:20 PM.
Old January 2nd, 2016, 05:22 PM   #203
alexandru.mircea
Ars longa, vita brevis

Likes (Received): 7480

Why are they doing only small houses in Brazil, rather than blocks of flats? Is it cheaper?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
of my town.

===

/
/ Bucharest:
+

===

In Praise Of
/
Cities
alexandru.mircea no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2016, 06:22 PM   #204
xrtn2

Small houses are less expensive than apartment in some places here, but in our major cities like são paulo it's common apartment than houses.

For example:

São Paulo

1 Corinthians 2 Bible

alexandru.mircea liked this post
Old January 2nd, 2016, 06:43 PM   #205
Taner07

Likes (Received): 80

Are there churches in those mini cities in Brazil ?

xrtn2 liked this post
Taner07 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2016, 07:14 PM   #206
xrtn2

Of course not

3422 new houses:

Entrega de casas no Leme (14/10) by Secretaria da Habitação SP, no Flickr

Sorteio de casas em Fernando Prestes (26/9) by Secretaria da Habitação SP, no Flickr

Sorteio de moradias em Pindamonhangaba (26/09) by Secretaria da Habitação SP, no Flickr

Sorteio de 54 casas em Nantes (7/8) by Secretaria da Habitação SP, no Flickr

Entrega de casas em Caconde (17/7) by Secretaria da Habitação SP, no Flickr

Entrega de casas em Caconde (17/7) by Secretaria da Habitação SP, no Flickr

1 Corinthians 2 Bible

Last edited by xrtn2; January 2nd, 2016 at 07:21 PM.
Old January 4th, 2016, 05:23 AM   #207
xrtn2

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzrider View Post
From what I have seen in this thread:
Singapore-could only see skyscrapers boring.
Brazil - I kind of like it farms/plantation/woods just a walk away. Hope the materials and civic infra is good along with policing. Far from the city as long there is transportation why care much? Give it some time.
USA- Housing looks good and spacious, if the crime rate is high problem might lie elsewhere.
Argentina-Could have been better, but still okay.
Spain,UK,ROE looks lavish need it be so extravagant? But I love the sidewalks, wheel chair ramps, pedestrian crossings. The ROW can learn about these simple things from North America and Europe.
BTW I am from India, cheers.
Are there some similar program in India ?

1 Corinthians 2 Bible

Old January 4th, 2016, 04:01 PM   #208
Slartibartfas

Likes (Received): 3768

On one side I think this is a very good development, especially when you consider the rise in quality of life for the affected people. On the other side I am wondering if it would be possible to mix those developments more with other developments that are not dedicated for the poorest of poor (not neccesssarily for the rich but you get what I am saying).

Also what is about the connection to the central districts? I imagine those small house developments are rather hard to connect by public transport due to the low density but PT is what those poor people rely on, isn't it?

And last but not least, what about mixed developments, ie creating jobs and industries not too far away from those new places?

I know that these homes are incredibly important now but those aspects I am talking about might make the difference if those cities will curse those places in 30 years time or not. Just look at the affordable housing projects in Europe or the US for reference. (Things maybe were not quite as bad but the lack of living space was tremendous after the war in many parts of Europe and needed quick solutions)
Old January 4th, 2016, 04:38 PM   #209
Yuri S Andrade

Likes (Received): 5032

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slartibartfas View Post
On one side I think this is a very good development, especially when you consider the rise in quality of life for the affected people. On the other side I am wondering if it would be possible to mix those developments more with other developments that are not dedicated for the poorest of poor (not neccesssarily for the rich but you get what I am saying).

Also what is about the connection to the central districts? I imagine those small house developments are rather hard to connect by public transport due to the low density but PT is what those poor people rely on, isn't it?

And last but not least, what about mixed developments, ie creating jobs and industries not too far away from those new places?

I know that these homes are incredibly important now but those aspects I am talking about might make the difference if those cities will curse those places in 30 years time or not. Just look at the affordable housing projects in Europe or the US for reference. (Things maybe were not quite as bad but the lack of living space was tremendous after the war in many parts of Europe and needed quick solutions)
First of all, we need to understand how urban fabric are different from place to place. Even inside the same state, you'll see distinctions (let's think of São Paulo state). To understand those patterns, you can go to Google Maps and say how cities like Jundiaí (rugged terrain inside the macrometropolitan area) or Araraquara (flat terrain in the real upstate) looks like.

About social mixing developments, that's quite complicated as the only area Brazil is liberal is on the real estate development. People buy, sell, develop and fix prices at their will. If a private entity is interested to build houses for the middle-class near those social housing areas, and middle-classers want to buy them, it will happen. Otherwise, it won't.

I'm afraid you are simplistic about PT. Social housing has always been built in this country, since the beginning of rural exodus, by both leaning right and left governments. That's also answer your question about the future of those developments. The ones built in the 1960's, 1970's, turned into regular (and improved) low middle-class neighbourhoods as the owners were adding improvements and change them. Most of Londrina (Paraná state), were built as social housing in the late 1970's and early 1980's and now is just a regular part of the city, becoming unrecognizable.

Overall, Brazilian social housing has a good record, fortunately not going to the same path of failed experiences in both the US and Europe.

|
|
|
|

|

BriedisUnIzlietne liked this post
Yuri S Andrade no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2016, 10:40 PM   #210
curious_33

Likes (Received): 6

It is interesting to see how the housing need is handled in various parts of the world.
curious_33 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2016, 03:25 AM   #211
xrtn2

150 new house in Pato Branco, Brazil

Pato Branco Prefecture

Pato Branco Prefecture

Pato Branco Prefecture

1 Corinthians 2 Bible

Old January 5th, 2016, 06:09 AM   #212
xrtn2

Housing program in Indaiatuba, Brazil

source: Indaiatuba Prefecture

1 Corinthians 2 Bible

Old January 13th, 2016, 01:47 AM   #213
xrtn2

Brazil

Entrega de moradias em Pardinho by Secretaria da Habitação SP, no Flickr

1 Corinthians 2 Bible

Old January 18th, 2016, 09:49 AM   #214
Manila-X
PINOY MOD

Likes (Received): 1406

NBA star Lebron James visits Food Terminal, one of the largest public housing projects in Metro Manila.

, My collection of images around Metro Manila

Representing The Pinoy Community here in SSC!

alexandru.mircea liked this post
Manila-X no está en línea   Reply With Quote