daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Fun Forums > Creative Corner > The Drawing Board > 3D Designs

3D Designs Showcase for your designs done in CAD, SketchUp or other 3D programs

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 8th, 2016, 02:07 PM   #241
Dubai Skyscraper

Likes (Received): 2609

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMGA196 View Post
Something else I'm working on right now. Please give me your opinions, specially on the first floors. I like it but feel it needs something so it blends in better... I'll post more later

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMGA196 View Post
More...

This is really cool, but I think the podium is too massive compared to the few, tiny floors on top

JMGA196, raldude21 liked this post
Dubai Skyscraper no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 11th, 2016, 01:41 AM   #242
JMGA196

Likes (Received): 5157

The floors are tiny because of some regulations from the city... so there's not much I can do there... I'm kinda nervous because of the podium, I feel like it was designed by one architect and the rest of the building by another...

Mimar Sinan - Sebastian Treese - Sejima - Nishizawa - Pawson - Horia Creangă - McKim, Mead & White - Gord Scott - Peter Pennoyer - Charles Hilton - Annabelle Selldorf - Roman and Williams - Morris Adjmi - Diller Scofidio + Renfro

★★★ MAKE ARCHITECTURE GREAT AGAIN! ★★★
JMGA196 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2016, 02:49 AM   #243
Dubai Skyscraper

If that's your worry, try to include similar design elements in the podium and the tower. If anything seems odd to me, it's that sharp, curved edge, and probably the "sandwich look". The curve is a nice feature for itself, but strongly contrasts to the structure above. Personally I like this sort of contrast though.
What I mean by sandwich look is that the building is made up by 3 quite different sections. The top and middle section are very different, but are both using white color as a main feature, making the transition smoother (easier on the eye). The bottom section however is not really integrated with the section above. If you did something to make it less abrupt, that might help.
Still, if this is a project for university you're better off with advice from tutors or other students who have deeper understanding of the topic and what is wanted

JMGA196 liked this post
Dubai Skyscraper no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2016, 11:15 PM   #244
edxor

Likes (Received): 321

I think it would have been cool if the top floor made use of wood in the same way as the bottom floor. You could maybe make some of the windows that aren't important similar to the "dense" horizontal wood bands, and then keep other of the windows completely open. That way making the apartments less see-through, but still allowing plenty of daylight to enter. Keep some of the white - maybe under some of the wood where a window strictly aren't necessary - and keep the white floor dividers.

JMGA196 liked this post
edxor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2016, 07:21 AM   #245
JMGA196

My proposal for a small convenience store with a drive in. The plot was pretty big. Still have to do quite a few changes to it, for example the parking lot, but essencially this will be it

*The two circles represent the turning radius of cars. They wont appear on the final plans, which I will make in AutoCAD

Mimar Sinan - Sebastian Treese - Sejima - Nishizawa - Pawson - Horia Creangă - McKim, Mead & White - Gord Scott - Peter Pennoyer - Charles Hilton - Annabelle Selldorf - Roman and Williams - Morris Adjmi - Diller Scofidio + Renfro

Last edited by JMGA196; September 21st, 2016 at 07:36 AM.
Old September 24th, 2016, 09:26 AM   #246
JMGA196

Almost done! Any comments or suggestions will be greatly appreciated

Old October 5th, 2016, 03:30 PM   #247
Regonello

Likes (Received): 3

Hallo JMCV196,
dein Design "Kaskada Business Center" finde ich mega cool.
Regonello no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2016, 04:05 PM   #248
Vellu

Likes (Received): 157

I like the design for the convenience store. It's so spacey and let's a lot of light in. To my experience stores like this are usually crammed and artificially lit, so this is a refreshing exception.
Vellu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2016, 07:39 AM   #249
JMGA196

Something else I'm working on my free time. I've always wanted to design a classic church

Old January 2nd, 2017, 05:21 AM   #250
JMGA196

Some more... Not following any particular style, just adding stuff I think might look good. I'm trying to make "my own classical style". To be honest, I just want the proportions to be ok and make the church itself look good. Grabbing a bit from many styles, some sort of eclecticism if you want.

Old January 8th, 2017, 08:21 AM   #251
JMGA196

Making the naves now. Again, not following any particular style, just trying to make it look good and different.

Engenarq, artObserver liked this post
Old January 8th, 2017, 10:54 PM   #252
JMGA196

And some more progress:

Old January 9th, 2017, 07:28 PM   #253
Dubai Skyscraper

Beautiful detailing, but are you going to texture it?
Old January 9th, 2017, 07:45 PM   #254
Architecture lover

Likes (Received): 1286

Amazing work! It reminds me a little bit of the south European Byzantine architecture, which is great. Congrats! The other examples of your work look great too.

JMGA196 liked this post
Architecture lover no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2017, 08:55 PM   #255
JMGA196

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubai Skyscraper View Post
Beautiful detailing, but are you going to texture it?
Thanks! I actually have no idea how I'm going to texture it. Red brick, gray stone or maybe some sort of beige-ish stucco are my first options. But maybe I could go for something crazy like marble why not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Architecture lover View Post
Amazing work! It reminds me a little bit of the south European Byzantine architecture, which is great. Congrats! The other examples of your work look great too.
Thanks a lot! I actually started doing this church in part because I always wanted to make one, and in part because your thread about Byzantine Architecture inspired me Originally I was planning to make it in a greek cross shape instead of a latin cross, but then I realized it would look too byzantine

I actually plan to do a whole town (for like the 5th time) and hopefully this time I'll finish it. The map is already made, I'm just working on some background history first

Old January 11th, 2017, 02:06 PM   #256
Architecture lover

If that's the case I'd love to see the final look. I'm so very glad that the Byzantine architecture finally inspired someone , and if you plan a whole town even better, I could give you some suggestions, for example designing something as remarkable as Hagia Sophia, with huge central dome and smaller semi domes and even smaller mini domes in the lower portion of the building, you can use bricks and stones for the facade and terracotta for the semi domes, but cooper for the biggest central dome. Also you can install a church bell tower next to the church. The Byzantine people had huge fascination with domes. Please don't forget your own freedom of creativity, you can design everything just as you wish, you can take the inspiration from the examples that we all shared in the Byzantine architecture thread.
I wish you to know that I am super happy that someone finds aesthetically beautiful the churches from the south of Europe, because most of the time they look too old and there's nothing too luxurious about them, just plain terracotta and stones, which I actually adore. Congrats once again!
The structure that you already designed looks truly remarkable, it got my attention instantly.

JMGA196 liked this post

Last edited by Architecture lover; January 11th, 2017 at 02:11 PM.
Old January 11th, 2017, 09:22 PM   #257
JMGA196

Thanks for the suggestions! I'll definitely try them when the time comes. I was planning maybe some sort of portico around the whole church too. Here's how it looks if I change the latin cross for a greek cross:

To be honest I really don't know what could be better. I like the greek cross, but again, it feels too byzantine As you can see, I still have to figure out the facades and those arches on he side walls.

Here's a small preview of the town with the church in it

Architecture lover liked this post
Old January 11th, 2017, 09:59 PM   #258
Architecture lover

It looks absolutely splendid! Does it look like a cross equal from each side when viewed from above? Because it might look like that judging from the sides of the church. If it looks like that it would be totally Byzantine. I even wish for it to grace the south coasts of Europe one day. You are very creative!
Old January 13th, 2017, 03:17 AM   #259
JMGA196

That's another thing I am still not sure about. Here are both shapes:

I still havent made the apse, but I will probably make it soon.

Architecture lover liked this post
Old January 13th, 2017, 03:51 AM   #260
JMGA196

Currently working on the curvature of the streets. It will be hard to notice it when I start posting bigger and more advanced renders, but it's one of those details I want to do anyway

Engenarq, asdolf, Architecture lover liked this post