daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > UK & Ireland Architecture Forums > Projects and Construction > Liverpool Metro Area

Liverpool Metro Area 'Scouse Scrapers for both sides of the Mersey

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 26th, 2005, 06:54 PM   #21
John Matrix 1985

Likes (Received): 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Zod
I would knock down Trial's hotel and rebuild Liverpool castle on it's original dungeon foundations. I need somewhere to store my flying monkeys.

Fly my beauties !.........Fly......!

De de de de de der der !
Dont do that Zod, just take over the Seaforth Castle, there is enough monkeys in that place
John Matrix 1985 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 26th, 2005, 06:58 PM   #22
ferge
Like 'Berg'

Likes (Received): 878

I would run off v quickly with it and use it on Wigan, lol.. Think what could do to a part of a small town with that amount of dosh, I'd be a hero (and hunted by Nimbys)
ferge no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2005, 07:15 PM   #23
Awayo
Support the Squirrels

Likes (Received): 717

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Zod
I would knock down Trial's hotel and rebuild Liverpool castle on it's original dungeon foundations. I need somewhere to store my flying monkeys.

Fly my beauties !.........Fly......!

De de de de de der der !
Apparently the dungeons are still down there.
Awayo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2005, 07:20 PM   #24
John Matrix 1985

Likes (Received): 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awayo
Maybe they can use them as a lock up to put pissed up scallys in when they are caught fighting for taxis. It can be a modern day Everton tower
John Matrix 1985 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2005, 07:22 PM   #25
Pobbie
BANNED

Likes (Received): 23

We could always turn the RSA into a fortress...
Pobbie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2005, 07:24 PM   #26
Pobbie
BANNED

Likes (Received): 23

Quote:
Are they still accessible?

I wonder if anything of West Derby Castle remains. The site is now a big grass verge on Meadow Lane. I wonder if Time Team could do a dig there...
Pobbie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2005, 08:08 PM   #27
General Zod
General Zod

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:

That's quite true, the foundations and dungeons are there. Don't know how/if they are accessible though.

There is a castle in Seaforth that still stands. When you charge through the entrance instead of getting molten lead poured on your head scallys throw £1 bottles of carlsberg at you and then try to sell you Mk 3 blades and sports socks.

www.generalzod.net/
General Zod no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2005, 07:39 AM   #28
Pietari
Just something

Likes (Received): 208

Liverpool Castle / Castle Moat House etc.

Directly opposite Queen Vic memorial stands `Castle Moat House`.

It`s basement alledgedly contains some of the moat walling from Liverpool Castle.

In a similar vein there are supposed to be a labarinth of tunnels below `Exchange Flags` last used in the 19th century to connect with some of the buildings in the immediate vicinity.

See also.

http://www.williamsontunnels.co.uk/view.php?page=about

The full extent of these tunnels is still unknown.

In general there are many tales of old tunnels etc not to mention of wells and cavens.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/liverpool/local...ll/wells.shtml

A few years ago there was a conference held in the city and various engineers etc were taken on a tour of Liverpools `underworld` - including the Mersey tunnels etc etc.
Pietari no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2005, 04:48 PM   #29
pjmulholland

Likes (Received): 1

I think we could do with a nice little opera house to add to the cultural mix.
pjmulholland no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2005, 10:48 PM   #30
liverpolitan

Likes (Received): 4

My heart would want to build the secular temple in Scotty Road I was banging on about ages ago, and maybe I'd buy the land for it, but my mind tells me the right thing would be very boring and Dutch-like and to polderise a small area between Speke and the south Wirral - there is a point where the River is actually not that wide there - just sufficiently to build a tiny little island in the middle, nothing major by way of land reclamation or loss of habitat for birds. This would then make it dead easy and cheap for the maglev people to cross the Mersey at that point, with their Speke terminus (the london - the north line needs to end at Liverpool Speke, and that should be the start for the pennine route up to Newcastle). I'd also buy up land in a corridor from there into Cheshire, as it became available, so I could sell it at cost to the Maglev people one day.

Can I take a 5% commission as my management fee, if I invest it in the local economy? With my £12.5m fee I will buy a complete house in the Canning area or perhaps as far into town as Rodney Street (£4m? plus £2m for a mid-brow "art" collection to give it a classy feel), £2m for my Seacombe penthouse residence - assuming there is a tower block built at Seacombe I could be the "anchor" tenant who got it going, perhaps £5m for my private River tender so I can be transported between my residences - this boat could take me out to the Isle of Man or Llandudno when the sea is calm. We could also go down river each day to inspect the polderisation work, so really its a legitimate business expense and should be tax deductable. Because I am a nuerotic wuss I want a boat that is unsinkable rather than stylish, so some kind of double-hulled and windowless thing might do, or perhaps a converted tug boat?

I think the rest would all be taken up with the cost of crewing my private ferry. Having two homes nearby would be nice, when I mess one up I could just leave it until the cleaners have sorted it out.

Edited: I realise I've overspent a bit, I think my commission should be more like 7.5%, not 5%.

Last edited by liverpolitan; August 1st, 2005 at 11:15 PM.
liverpolitan no está en línea   Reply With Quote