SkyscraperCity Forum banner
385K views 2K replies 80 participants last post by  Dale 
#1 ·
Its here once again, enjoy.:cheers:

#108 ·
No kidding. I don't actually root against OSU like I do a lot of other teams, but come on now that's funny. I had to endure the Slowpokes fans bragging about being ranked high for the first time since the 80s and it looks like that was just a balloon waiting to be popped. When you get trounced like that at home by a commuter school it's funny.

#116 ·
Here is a quick look at conference strength.

So far the SEC and Pac 10 are leading the way.

1. SEC (13-2; 3-2 BCS)
2. Pac10 (13-4; 4-2 BCS)
3. Big10 (13-4; 4-3 BCS*)
4. Big12 (16-6; 3-1 BCS) - 5 losses to non-BCS
5. MWC (11-6; 3-5 BCS)
6. Big East (10-3; 0-3 BCS)
7. ACC (12-7; 2-5 BCS)

#118 · (Edited)
Here is a quick look at conference strength.

So far the SEC and Pac 10 are leading the way.

1. SEC (13-2; 3-2 BCS) - 9 wins over FCS teams
2. Pac10 (13-4; 4-2 BCS) - 5 wins over FCS teams
3. Big10 (13-4; 4-3 BCS*) - 11 wins over FCS teams
4. Big12 (16-6; 3-1 BCS) - 11 wins over FCS teams
5. MWC (11-6; 3-5 BCS) - 5 wins over FCS teams
6. Big East (10-3; 0-3 BCS) - 9 wins over FCS teams
7. ACC (12-7; 2-5 BCS) - 8 wins over FCS teams

Let's make this more honest...most of the wins in these first two weeks have been over FCS (Division I-AA) teams. It looks like the MWC and Pac10 have played the most competitive schedules so far - the other conferences have played mostly cupcake teams.

#138 ·
UH climbs to no.17! Going to watch the Texas Tech-UH game, should be a showdown. I think coming out of the loss from UT will make them even harder to beat.

#142 ·
Miami's rise also further legitimizes FSU after that amazing game they played to open the season a couple of weeks ago. I don't think too many people knew what to make of the game - were both teams really strong? were both teams really weak? Now it seems like they are both getting the credit they deserve after wins over higher-ranked teams this week.

#150 ·
You don't believe Mallett's throws have been clocked at 115 mph?
By Don Kausler Jr. -- The Birmingham News
September 23, 2009, 11:37AM

Ryan Mallett gets set to fire a third-quarter pass against Georgia. The transfer from Michigan set school records with 408 yards passing and five touchdown passes in a 52-41 loss last week. He will test Alabama's pass defense at 2:30 p.m. Saturday at Bryant-Denny Stadium. (AP photo)

TUSCALOOSA -- Has a pass by Arkansas quarterback Ryan Mallett really been clocked at 115 mph?

That's a fact you will find in a story in today's edition of The Birmingham News.

Some readers understandably are skeptical. The fact came from a story about Mallett by Tom Murphy, one of two Arkansas beat reporters for Arkansas Democrat-Gazette.(Murphy is a former Alabama beat reporter for the Mobile Press-Register.)

That story attributes the 115 mph fact to Arkansas tight end D.J. Williams. (But it doesn't make the fact true.)

"Ryan Mallett has the strongest arm in college football," said All-SEC tight end D.J. Williams. "I've caught some balls that I had to take my gloves off because he ripped all the sticky stuff off of them." Williams said the Razorbacks have timed Mallett's throws at 115 mph with a Juggs gun.

A reader has sent me a link to an actual experiment done regarding the speed of a football compared to the speed of a baseball.

According to this reader, there is a factor of 1.68 when calculating how fast a baseball would travel in comparison to a football. This means that Mallett's 115 mph football pass is equivalent to throwing a baseball 193.2 mph.

Thats insane, but it wont be good enough to beat Bama on Saturday. The Arkansas defense is not that good from what I saw in the Georgia game. I cant say we will put up 52 points (49points last year), but Bama should win this one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.