SkyscraperCity Forum banner

MADRID, una mirada diferente.

21K views 183 replies 31 participants last post by  Kaetzar 
#1 · (Edited)
Some photos about Madrid

Madrid...the unfinished imperial capital. Its a relatively averge European Capital with about 3.3 milion inhabitants that boasts the fourth most extensive metro system in the world (after NYC, London and Moscow, Paris matro is actually less extensive then that of Madrid), some of the finest museums of the world, a collection of some of the most awkward looking early skyscrapers, it´s a city of extremes where nasty neighbourhoods are side by side with magnificent public squares and parks, where prostitutes await their clients on main city streets while people stroll by or have coffee at some of the cafes at 7pm...It is extremely diverse and tolerant, and all in all kind of cooky and kinky.

The pix i got here aren´t anything special...next time i will do a better job and illustrate how i see the city better. The day too was kind of gloomy as you can see.

Olea.
enjoy.

Palacio Real the principal gates...

The Royal Almudena cathedral, oposite the Royal Palace and the largest church in the city.

Neighbourhood called Sol or Puerta del Sol between Alcalá and Gran Vía streets.

A detail from the uniform square in central Madrid and one of its most famous squares in the city, Plaza Mayor, the building in front of you is called Panaderia or the house of bread.

Some sandy lady in the same square...

Some sexy building in Alcalá area...

The quintessential Madrid, dead centre of the city and Spain in general La Puerta del Sol...this is where everything happens.

Another view...

This is an image of the Kilometer 0, it is the geographic (conventional) centre of Spain, it is a spot in the Puerta del Sol where all distances in Spain are measured from and where all radial roads end.

Justicia neighbourhood.

Interior of the Atocha train station, this is where all rail traffick to the south of Madrid begins and also the site of the terrorist attack on March 11, 2003 I believe.

The retiro park artificial pool.

A lion´s ass and balls. :runaway:

One of the entrances to the Retiro Park towards the Puerta de Alcalá

Puerta de Alcalá, the western city gate.

This gate opens to Plaza Cibeles, the building on the corner to the left is the national bank of Spain, the building straight ahead, poorly visible is the famed Metropolis building to the left of which Alcalá street begins and to the right Gran Vía, two of the most famous streets of Madrid. The legent has it that the ball on top of the national bank of spain building is made of solid gold. :eek2:

The southwestern end of the square is graced with this strange but cool building in which the main post office is housed...it is called the palace of communications.

This is me walkin´in Madrid.

Yá ´stá!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.