Post The Best Beachs Of Europe

Photos in High Quality

Put The Country and Region
And The Name Of The Beach​

See less See more
#81 · (Edited)
CROATIAN BEACHES

CROATIAN BEACHES

I live in Australia and have travelled most of Europe. I would have to say that the Croatian Beaches and Coastline or Rivirera is the best in the World. Everywhere you look this small country is fabulous and winning tourism awards of late. It has become a playground for the Rich and famous. Bill Gates, Roman Abramovich, Bernie Ecclestone regularly holiday here and has now become the filming location of one of the worlds most popular TV series in Game of Thrones and ABC American Series 'Missing'.

What makes this Riviera the best in Europe in my opinion is that it has approx 1200 Islands, however unlike some other parts of Europe they are relatively close to each other and the mainland making the density of islands quite amazing. Whether on an Island or on the mainland you have the feeling that you are swimming in a large bay or a large lake rather than the large open Ocean. It is truly an amazing place.

The Damatian Coast is truly picturesque and is where the dalmatian dog is said to come from. Like the dog this part of Croatia is dotted with islands thus I take it this is how its name was derived.

I dont think the previous posters have made much effort or done the location justice so here we go. We start with Beaches around the Dubrovnik area.

George Bernard Shaw was enchanted by this city, about which he said "those who seek paradise on Earth should come to Dubrovnik and see Dubrovnik".

DUBROVNIK

photo by photos by smug

Sveti Jakov Beach- Dubrovnik

Another Beach in Dubrovnik area

#84 · (Edited)
CROATIAN BEACHES

BOL TOWN-ZLATNI RAT BEACH(Golden Horn Beach) on Island of Brac- CROATIA

One of the most beatiful beaches in the World. You will be surprised what you find under the trees. Restaurants, bars and Hotels which you cant see on pics as trees are quite high in real life. Just 1km down the road is the very picturesque town of Bol set under the mountain overlooking the beach. A beauty!!

photo by vila jasmin

photo by wikimedia.org

#86 · (Edited)
CROATIAN BEACHES

PUNTA RATA BEACH- Brela on the Makarska Riviera- CROATIA

The symbol of Brela is "Kamen Brela" (Brela Stone), a small rock island just off the main beach in Brela, the Punta Rata beach. In 2003 American magazine Forbes put the Punta Rata beach on the list of 10 world's most beautiful beaches, where it's ranked 6th in the world and 1st in Europe

#89 · (Edited)
Croatian Beaches

Island Murter & Neighbouring Kornati Islands

Below you will see pics of the Island of Murter and its many beaches- it is the closest inhabited island to mainland Croatia connected by a 50-70m bridge. This makes the place spectacular as nearly everywhere you swim you feel like your in a large pool or lake as there are islands everywhere. Like the Dalmatian dog where it got its name this part of the Dalmatian Coast of Croatia is spotted with islands. Murter is also a great place to start your trip to the Kornati islands. They are truly spectacular and should be one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the world.

With 35 km in length and 140 islands, some large, some small, in a sea area of about 320 km², the Kornati are the densest archipelago in the Mediteranean From northwest to southeast (from the island of Balabra to Samograd), and from northeast to southwest (from Gangarol to Mana) they strech for 13 km. The name of the archipelago is the plural form of the name of the largest island, Kornat.

Murter has four towns in Betina, Murter town, Jezera and Tisno and a minimum of 15 beaches I can think of of the top of my head.

Slanica Beach in Murter-part sandy beach

Cigraga beach below in Murter

Luke Beach- Murter

Podvrske Beach- Murter

The amazing Kosirina beach- near Betina

View from one of the beaches just outside town of Betina

Amazing aerial view of Murter Island. As you can see beaches and island everywhere. At the forefront you can see the village of Murter and the town of Betina just behind it.

Kornati to follow below

#91 ·
Croatian beaches look gorgeous, but I still prefer Greece above all since it's warmer, sunnier and the beaches are of soft sand and all those amazing ancient Greek ruins. I was in Lindos last year for a week, heaven on earth, I swear!

Reactions: solchante
#103 ·
croat34

you cant compare Greece and it's coastline and islands with the ones in Croatia
Greece has the most beautiful coastline in Europe
Croatia has it too and its beautiful
but cant beat Greece

the ancient part gives another big plus to Greece

You too are Macedonian so I would expect that thought. Greece has nice islands but its coastline cannot be compared with Croatia.

Even its towns on the islands are nice but Dubrovnik as a histrical town is nicer than Santorini and/ or Mykanos and so are places like Hvar and Korcula Island. yes santorini has appeal because its a volcanic island and the town is built on a cliff but the history and architecture of the buildings cannot compare with Hvar, Korcula, Dubrovnik and Trogir. Those whitewashed buildings could be built today by a builder down the road in the space of a year. The Roman building took centuries to build.

This is my opinion, however what I have notices is that Greeks make these comments about Croatia because they are a competitor to their island torism on forums I have read but it is obvious that 99% of them have not been there. I have travelled to Croatia five times and met people from everywhere but never any Greeks. I guess they dont need to given they have their coast but dont comment if you have not been to Croatia. I have been to Greece twice thus my comments.