SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Slovenia - Landscapes & Cityscapes

21K views 107 replies 49 participants last post by  señor cara de papa 
#1 ·
After Bosnia, its Slovenia's turn:)

Some "artistic" pics .... feel free to add if you got any.

See less See more
#57 ·
Slovenia - most idyllic / happiest country in Eastern Europe?

Since we were talking about this...here's a little contribution of mine....

A handful of my pics from last summer...taken during my two week stay in Slovenia, in a small town of Ljutomer near the city of Maribor:

Our great host took us to his parents house in a village outside of town for lunch - but instead of eagerly anticipated Slovenian dishes, we got served with Prebranac - Serbian-style bean dish:| Not that we didn't appreciate it, after all, prebranac goes down great with a couple of gallons of Lasko pivo, but come'n...

When I first saw this place, I thought...even if there is such a thing as paradise, it plays second fiddle to this little oasis.

Enjoy:)

Bakery...what else?

Your truly reading the latest, hot of the presses Serbian yellow magazine, some ~500 kilometers from home....now why would Slovenes keep such things at home? Not to mention, how did it even get to such an isolated-seeming place (nah, not really - Slovenia has great roads & rail links) :eek: :lol:

#60 · (Edited)
vid said:
Slovenia has alot of gay people. :) That could be why!
You probably think this way because other two of active Slovenian members are gays which make Slovenes 66 % here (I'm in the 33% ;) )... ;) But there are also few others that aren't so active, maybe they'll correct the percents... :)

Great pics, KM... I don't know Ljutomer much... I've been there only once on one of the geographical competitions...
And yes, there's no problem finding foreign newspapers in Slovenia (even in Ljutomer), especially in Ljubljana... There are several shops that sell printed media from all over the world... Many of those are of course from ex-Yugoslavia :)

Fructal juice was good, right? :D

#61 ·
vid said:
Slovenia has alot of gay people. :) That could be why!
:lol:

BTW: Great pics and stories KM looking forwards to that Ljubljana thread :eek:kay:

#65 ·

LOL Though you may find this woman sloty I've always loved that kind of Balkan Yugoslavian beauty lol :naughty: :drool: :cheers: @KM can you tell us what this paper says?:D And who's that nice woman with naked boobs with nipples ? :D LOL Who is she ?????? LOL I'm in love :D LOL or rather must say... me so horny :rofl:

#67 ·
My translator doesnt know 'plavusa izmedju' and it seems important to your comment, mapko. :p What did you say, en anglais svp? :p

tatturio said:
LOL Though you may find this woman sloty I've always loved that kind of Balkan Yugoslavian beauty lol :naughty: :drool: :cheers: @KM can you tell us what this paper says?:D And who's that nice woman with naked boobs with nipples ? :D LOL Who is she ?????? LOL I'm in love :D LOL or rather must say... me so horny :rofl:
Ok. I guess they aren't ALL gay. :D

#68 · (Edited)
What's a blonde doing in between two Slovenians?

Just getting in the way.

----------------

I met a Slovenian guy at work, and in my typically Balkan politically incorrect attitude found it an appropriate joke to share in the corporate environment... he didn't really appreciate it lemme tell you, but was also too kind to show great offense to it :|

#69 · (Edited by Moderator)
[Slovenia] - towns from above

photos of some slovenian towns and villages found on the net,
mostly from:
http://www.photoglide.info/index.html

Ajdovščina:

Ankaran:

Bled:

Bovec:

Cerknica:

Cerkniško jezero:

Cerkno:

Drežnica:

Idrija:

Kamnik:

Kobarid:

Kranjska Gora:

Lucija, Portorož, Piran:

Piran:

Laško:

Lesce:

Limbuš:

Most na Soči:

Tolmin:

Slovenska Bistrica:

Tržič:

Vipava:

Žalec:

Železniki:

#71 ·
Nice pics and nice thread:eek:kay:! Where are u from Wooky??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.